PDA

View Full Version : Pacers: Larry Bird more mentally weak than Lebron?

jimbo
05-30-2014, 12:17 PM
:lol at this old whitey being upset about Lance Stephenson blowing in another man's ear.
:lol Lebron just laughing it off

Bird wouldn't make it in this era tbh...

jimbo
05-30-2014, 12:19 PM
and :lol @ ESPN trying to devalue Lance Stephenson by overplaying everything Lance Stephenson does/says this series.

Probably because this series isn't really interesting...

Malik Hairston
05-30-2014, 12:24 PM
:lmao 80s/90s "basketball"
:lmao lefty

:lmao Larry Bird
:lmao ugliest star player in sports history
:lmao terrible GM that will save face by firing his coach

lefty
05-30-2014, 12:24 PM
HH stil talking out of his ass :lmao

No, Bird knows what he is talking about

" if you can't back it up, don't talk trash "

Bird owned a lot of niggas : "I'm gona get the ball in that spot, and hit the game winner in your face with a fadeaway"

Bird would own a lot of monkeyballers today

Stephenson can't back it up, that's why Bird is pissed

Clipper Nation
05-30-2014, 12:29 PM
:lol at this old whitey being upset about Lance Stephenson blowing in another man's ear.
:lol Lebron just laughing it off

Bird wouldn't make it in this era tbh...
:lol And people still think Bird > Kang.... Bird did make Dad Killer his bitch back in the day, though....

baseline bum
05-30-2014, 12:45 PM
:lol And people still think Bird > Kang.... Bird did make Dad Killer his bitch back in the day, though....

By getting 63 scored on him?

KobeOwnsDuncan
05-30-2014, 12:54 PM

In case you didn't know, it's impossible for Cripper Nation to post a coherent take with LeBron's nuts in his juggular.

UZER
05-30-2014, 12:55 PM
and :lol @ ESPN trying to devalue Lance Stephenson by overplaying everything Lance Stephenson does/says this series.

This series makes me want Derek Fisher to poke my eyes out.

Clipper Nation
05-30-2014, 01:08 PM
By having a 23-11 record against DK, 6-0 in the playoffs....

baseline bum
05-30-2014, 01:12 PM
By having a 23-11 record against DK, 6-0 in the playoffs....

When he had a LeBron in Cleveland supporting cast? Jordan's supposed to beat Bird, McHale, Parish, Walton, Dennis Johnson, and Ainge with Orlando Woolridge and Dave Corzine?

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
05-30-2014, 01:54 PM
When he had a LeBron in Cleveland supporting cast? Jordan's supposed to beat Bird, McHale, Parish, Walton, Dennis Johnson, and Ainge with Orlando Woolridge and Dave Corzine?

Don't feed the troll

Clipper Nation
05-30-2014, 02:15 PM
Don't feed the troll
How'd you manage to get blown out by Marquette on page 231, Frizz? :lol

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
05-30-2014, 02:22 PM
How'd you manage to get blown out by Marquette on page 231, Frizz? :lol

Why are you reading through 300 pages of a thread that has nothing to do with me? :lol..

weebo
05-30-2014, 02:34 PM
Why do honkies always get up in arms when something negative is said about Bird? Let it go, shit was over 40 years ago. He would be just another all-star in today's league of high flying circus monkeys.

Malik Hairston
05-30-2014, 02:38 PM
Why do honkies always get up in arms when something negative is said about Bird? Let it go, shit was over 40 years ago. He would be just another all-star in today's league of high flying circus monkeys.

It's not just about Bird the player, too:lol..

I think it was Tom Haberstroh or somebody from Grantland that said Frank Vogel has received so much criticism because people would never dare to question Larry Bird as a GM, either:lol(even though he has had one of the worst years that I can remember from a GM)..

Infinite_limit
05-30-2014, 02:48 PM
Greatest Small Forward of All Time

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o110/revmyspace/freegraphics/sports/Larry_Bird_Avatar.jpg

baseline bum
05-30-2014, 02:51 PM
Greatest Small Forward of All Time

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o110/revmyspace/freegraphics/sports/Larry_Bird_Avatar.jpg

I love Bird and think he's very underrated on this forum, but give me James in a second. Bird ain't going and swatting George Hill's shot at the end of the game like that.

weebo
05-30-2014, 02:52 PM
It's not just about Bird the player, too:lol..

I think it was Tom Haberstroh or somebody from Grantland that said Frank Vogel has received so much criticism because people would never dare to question Larry Bird as a GM, either:lol(even though he has had one of the worst years that I can remember from a GM)..

During that era, honky America wasn't too interested or ready to spend copious amounts of $$$ on a sport predominantly played by Sterling's plantation hand. So, the great Jew had to conjure up a way to make the sport more appealing to honkies across the country.

To make a long story short, there was this hill billy who could shoot, was hyped up by the white media, and the great Jew jumped on the opportunity....and a bogus legend was born. Strategy worked to perfection. The honkies ate it up and now he is the Kim Jong-il of honkey basketball forever and ever.

Infinite_limit
05-30-2014, 03:01 PM
I love Bird and think he's very underrated on this forum, but give me James in a second. Bird ain't going and swatting George Hill's shot at the end of the game like that.
James, the guy scoring 7 points for an entire playoff game?

Boston Pancake
05-30-2014, 03:02 PM
Well looky at what the fuck we have here......I been out partying with my boys Sully and O'Banion and I logs on to see this load of fahking horseshit. All you fucksticks besmirching the name of the greatest basketball player ever seen in the Commonwealth, the Earth, and the Milky fahkin Way galaxy. Lookit fucksticks, Larry Legend would tear all of yous a new asshole wicked fast and wicked hahd. Don't ever let me catch you faggots talking shit about the greatest ever again, or I'll smash an empty Sam Adams bottle over your heads and then rip your balloon knots so wide fahkin open that Richard Gere will cream in his pants thinking about all the gerbils he could shove up that hole.

Clipper Nation
05-30-2014, 03:03 PM
James, the guy scoring 7 points for an entire playoff game?
Bird, the guy with two consecutive 8-point games in the Finals?

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/198105090HOU.html

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/198105100HOU.html

Infinite_limit
05-30-2014, 03:03 PM
During that era, honky America wasn't too interested or ready to spend copious amounts of $$$ on a sport predominantly played by Sterling's plantation hand. So, the great Jew had to conjure up a way to make the sport more appealing to honkies across the country.

To make a long story short, there was this hill billy who could shoot, was hyped up by the white media, and the great Jew jumped on the opportunity....and a bogus legend was born. Strategy worked to perfection. The honkies ate it up and now he is the Kim Jong-il of honkey basketball forever and ever.
The guy led Indiana State to a NCAA Championship Game or was that also part of the mass conspiracy?

Clipper Nation
05-30-2014, 03:05 PM
The guy led Indiana State to a NCAA Championship Game or was that also part of the mass conspiracy?
:lol You do realize that college basketball is basically "basketball for white people," right?

Kawhi
05-30-2014, 03:08 PM

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/198105100HOU.html8 > 7

Infinite_limit
05-30-2014, 03:09 PM

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/198105100HOU.html
Larry in his 2nd season sucked
James in his 11th season still sucks

Clipper Nation
05-30-2014, 03:09 PM
8 > 7

One awful game > back-to-back awful games

Infinite_limit
05-30-2014, 03:10 PM
:lol You do realize that college basketball is basically "basketball for white people," right?
White people prefer superior products

Clipper Nation
05-30-2014, 03:10 PM
White people prefer superior products
The NBA is the superior product to the joke that is college basketball, though...

Infinite_limit
05-30-2014, 03:12 PM
The NBA is the superior product to the joke that is college basketball, though...
Disagree. Shooting, defense, fundamentals, effort & coaching is superior in CBB. NBA has monkeys jumping higher

Clipper Nation
05-30-2014, 03:15 PM
Disagree. Shooting, defense, fundamentals, effort & coaching is superior in CBB. NBA has monkeys jumping higher

"Shooting, defense, fundamentals, effort" in college basketball is just code for "unathletic white stiffs bricking layups and chucking threes while flopping," tbh....

Don't really see how the coaching is superior in college basketball when most big-name college coaches are deathly afraid of making the leap to the NBA and the majority of the coaches that do fail miserably :lol

Infinite_limit
05-30-2014, 03:21 PM
"Shooting, defense, fundamentals, effort" in college basketball is just code for "unathletic white stiffs bricking layups and chucking threes while flopping," tbh....

Don't really see how the coaching is superior in college basketball when most big-name college coaches are deathly afraid of making the leap to the NBA and the majority of the coaches that do fail miserably :lol
Coaching is meaningless in the NBA because the league is centered around 8 wing monkeys taking turns driving to the hoop & jumping. The quality shooters have remained White.

Cry Havoc
05-30-2014, 03:23 PM

Yeah, because it's tough to devalue a schizophrenic guard who scores 8 points per game and does literally nothing else at an NBA level. :lol

Clipper Nation
05-30-2014, 03:24 PM
Coaching is meaningless in the NBA because the league is centered around 8 wing monkeys taking turns driving to the hoop & jumping. The quality shooters have remained White.

You'd think a Spurfan of all people would realize the importance of coaching in the NBA :lol

Meanwhile, college coaches tend to just yell a lot, which is why they fail in the NBA, because professionals are not going to be intimidated by them...

Cry Havoc
05-30-2014, 03:26 PM
You'd think a Spurfan of all people would realize the importance of coaching in the NBA :lol

Meanwhile, college coaches tend to just yell a lot, which is why they fail in the NBA, because professionals are not going to be intimidated by them...

Don't lump that troll in with us. We don't want him.

Infinite_limit
05-30-2014, 03:29 PM

Spurs are not my team (Can't change logo) but I do enjoy and root for their play as they are one of the only teams in the league not reliant on athleticism.

I prefer the use of many different strategies. Like zones and full court press. It makes it more interesting. NBA too often comes down to which teams Star player has a better shooting day.

Clipper Nation
05-30-2014, 03:37 PM
I prefer the use of many different strategies. Like zones and full court press. It makes it more interesting.
Full-court presses only work in college because the players are far less talented on average than in the pros, tbh... a professional guard/SF is not going to shit the bed against a press 99.9% of the time....

For someone who loves to bring up the 2011 Finals whenever LeBron is mentioned, one would think you'd have realized that the Mavs were using a 2-3 zone to frustrate Miami's offense.... they get too much credit for starting the trend even though the Suns had used it in the WCF the year before, but more and more teams are adopting either that system or Thibs' strong-side zone....

Thebesteva
05-30-2014, 03:52 PM
I take it from this thread, that very few of you were actually older than 10 in MJ's prime. I was fortunate enough to go to a Lakers game where he anally raped the Lakers. Guys is easily the GOAT, I hate that guy too, but he's hands down the GOAT. Ironically, all the faggots I knew rooting for MJ when I was a kid are Lebron fans now and were Celtic fans in 08. Never did understand the fairweather mentality tbh

spurraider21
05-30-2014, 04:09 PM
There's a reason why unathletic white shooters thrive in college ball and don't pan out in the nba :lol. Adam Morrison, jimmer fredette... The closest thing to a success story is Redick and he hasnt lived up to his college hype. Next in line is McDermott. The college game is terrible. It's just the ball swinging the ball around the perimeter and eventually taking a 3 with the shot clock winding down

AaronY
05-30-2014, 04:50 PM
ROFL, god disguised as MJ quote etc

Malice
05-30-2014, 04:54 PM
Well looky at what the fuck we have here......I been out partying with my boys Sully and O'Banion and I logs on to see this load of fahking horseshit. All you fucksticks besmirching the name of the greatest basketball player ever seen in the Commonwealth, the Earth, and the Milky fahkin Way galaxy. Lookit fucksticks, Larry Legend would tear all of yous a new asshole wicked fast and wicked hahd. Don't ever let me catch you faggots talking shit about the greatest ever again, or I'll smash an empty Sam Adams bottle over your heads and then rip your balloon knots so wide fahkin open that Richard Gere will cream in his pants thinking about all the gerbils he could shove up that hole.

Legit.

TDfan2007
05-30-2014, 05:22 PM
Bird would dominate in any era. NOBODY could guard him. Basketball isn't all about athleticism and jumping around. Just look at Dirk, Durant, Duncan, Kareem, and MJ late in his career.

Having said that, I'd probably give LeBron the edge.

05-30-2014, 07:31 PM
The quality shooters have remained White.Reggie Miller.... Ray Allen.... Danny Green...

Strange Love
05-30-2014, 07:59 PM
LOL Stephen not listening to a word that Larry said. :lol

Still trolling the Heat :lmao

Josepatches_
05-31-2014, 05:42 AM
Bird was great but Lebron is better.

TampaDude
05-31-2014, 07:04 AM
I take it from this thread, that very few of you were actually older than 10 in MJ's prime. I was fortunate enough to go to a Lakers game where he anally raped the Lakers. Guys is easily the GOAT, I hate that guy too, but he's hands down the GOAT. Ironically, all the faggots I knew rooting for MJ when I was a kid are Lebron fans now and were Celtic fans in 08. Never did understand the fairweather mentality tbh

Yeah, I couldn't stand Jordan either, but he is the GOAT, no question. If, and I mean IF, LeBron rings at least 5 times, then we can have that discussion, but failing that, there is no argument.

TDMVPDPOY
05-31-2014, 09:30 AM
didnt larry got beat up by j?

how about lebron crying when he doesnt get a foul call....

DMC
05-31-2014, 10:06 AM
Enough time has passed for Bird to be remembered accurately. I don't think a white player can be overrated in today's game.