PDA

View Full Version : what was the ole ole?

testies
05-30-2014, 02:20 PM
people were trying to make that song catch... that was cute

Floyd Pacquiao
05-30-2014, 02:22 PM
Drunk immigrants tbh.

Seventyniner
05-30-2014, 02:30 PM
Beats the shit out of Seven Nation Army. Gives more of that international flair too.

~Sweetmelody~
05-30-2014, 02:45 PM
I thought it was for Tiago and what was wrong with it? Nice to have the fans involved!

urunobili
05-30-2014, 03:04 PM
New Schtick by the Spurs crowd... a page from Soccer to support Tiago tbh :tu

look_at_g_shred
05-30-2014, 03:09 PM
:tu:

crc21209
05-30-2014, 03:10 PM

:tu. I thought it was pretty cool..

Cry Havoc
05-30-2014, 03:15 PM

I think every nba fanbase could use more varied chants.

TE
05-30-2014, 03:16 PM
I loved it tbh. Wish I was there to chant with them.

spurs10
05-30-2014, 03:27 PM
I loved it tbh. Wish I was there to chant with them.That's the spirit!

poop
05-30-2014, 03:30 PM
Texas becoming a little more like Mexico every day...

myhc
05-30-2014, 03:34 PM
I thought it was a little early to start that in the 4th quarter but I thought it was a cool gesture for Tiago.

testies
05-30-2014, 03:36 PM
why not ole ole ole, splitter splitter then?

poop
05-30-2014, 03:41 PM
It has nothing to do with splitter...more to do with the rapidly changing ethic and cultural character of the southwestern united states due to completely unchecked and unprecedented levels of mass immigration from latin america.

DAF86
05-30-2014, 03:45 PM
Why the fuck is everybody saying it was for Tiago? :lol Yes they did once when he was on the line but they did it in many other situations where he wasn't involved.

TE
05-30-2014, 03:49 PM
It has nothing to do with splitter...more to do with the rapidly changing ethic and cultural character of the southwestern united states due to completely unchecked and unprecedented levels of mass immigration from latin america.
If that's what it takes to fire up the ATT center crowd, I'd actually want more illegals at the game...soccer fans, for how retarded they are sometimes, are passionate as fuck.

robino2001
05-30-2014, 03:50 PM
Why the fuck is everybody saying it was for Tiago? :lol Yes they did once when he was on the line but they did it in many other situations where he wasn't involved.

They did it on his all of his pairs of free throws in the 4th... it wasn't done for anyone else last night (though I did bail at the last TV timeout so maybe I missed one).

Trill Clinton
05-30-2014, 03:50 PM
i loved it! me and my buddy do that chant when the spurs are having a good game so i was surprised when i heard them doing it last night. it was group of people not too far from where i was sitting who started it and it gradually caught on. hopefully it sticks. the crowd was dope last night:tu

BC3
05-30-2014, 03:51 PM
anyone got audio of it?

BC3
05-30-2014, 03:52 PM
Texas becoming a little more like Mexico every day...

theynsay sa is where mexico stops and america begins

DAF86
05-30-2014, 03:52 PM
They did it on his all of his pairs of free throws in the 4th... it wasn't done for anyone else last night (though I did bail at the last TV timeout so maybe I missed one).

I clearly recall the Ole chants started after Manu got fouled at the end of the 3rd or the start of the 4th.

heyheymymy
05-30-2014, 03:57 PM
anything that makes it a more festive win I'm down for. it fits so I say run with it.

FuzzyLumpkins
05-30-2014, 03:57 PM

Immigration has been neutral. They don't come over when the economy is shit. Unprecedented? Hardly.

There are over 30 million latino american citizens. They are your neighbors and countrymen.

TE
05-30-2014, 03:58 PM
Oh god...this is going to turn political.

gameFACE
05-30-2014, 03:58 PM
Getting rid of whitey one step at a time (even though "Splitter" is white.....)

I thought it sounded cool. People weren't sure at first. Kind of like Tiago in the series.

BatManu20
05-30-2014, 04:13 PM
Don't let this thread turn into a political argument tbh. It was a fun gesture from the crowd and it fits so whatever, tbh.

Beaverfuzz
05-30-2014, 04:17 PM
It was more for the foreign flavor of the players on the court than anything else. Some bored crowds do the wave, others chant Ole!

32fastest
05-30-2014, 04:18 PM

What a dick. It was bad ass. The crowd was fired up even with a huge lead. I loved it. Finally made some noise.

poop
05-30-2014, 04:18 PM
Immigration has been neutral. They don't come over when the economy is shit. Unprecedented? Hardly.

There are over 30 million latino american citizens. They are your neighbors and countrymen.

It is completely unprecedented in scale. And im not referring to local hispanic population, who are as american as anyone else. Im talking about the millions of foreign nationals who have migrated and settled(legally and illegally) in texas over the last 15 or so years

FuzzyLumpkins
05-30-2014, 04:37 PM
It is completely unprecedented in scale. And im not referring to local hispanic population, who are as american as anyone else. Im talking about the millions of foreign nationals who have migrated and settled(legally and illegally) in texas over the last 15 or so years

You have no sense of scale, time or dynamics and are not going to change your mind. You are just ignorant and fearful.

For everyone else.

The largest reduction of the illegal immigrant population happened about 7 years ago. 1 million left and since then the population has been neutral.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Latest-News-Wires/2012/0423/Illegal-immigration-slows-almost-to-a-standstill

Now do you really think that those were the ones at ATT Center? Obviously not.

gospursgojas
05-30-2014, 05:11 PM
It was awesome.

Ole Ole vs Seven Nation Army in the finals.

poop
05-30-2014, 06:41 PM
You have no sense of scale, time or dynamics and are not going to change your mind. You are just ignorant and fearful. For everyone else.The largest reduction of the illegal immigrant population happened about 7 years ago. 1 million left and since then the population has been neutral.http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Latest-News-Wires/2012/0423/Illegal-immigration-slows-almost-to-a-standstillNow do you really think that those were the ones at ATT Center? Obviously not.My statements are based on the history of immigration to the united states relative to now. I have a good deal of knowledge on history and various cultures. Im also half hispanic myself so im definitely not 'full of ignorance and fear'.I know the only arguements your side has for anything consist of either plays on race or plays on emotion so your bitter replies are expected. But as usual, the actual facts are not on your side on this one.

myhc
05-30-2014, 08:48 PM
My statements are based on the history of immigration to the united states relative to now. I have a good deal of knowledge on history and various cultures. Im also half hispanic myself so im definitely not 'full of ignorance and fear'.I know the only arguements your side has for anything consist of either plays on race or plays on emotion so your bitter replies are expected. But as usual, the actual facts are not on your side on this one.

Sports is one of the safe havens where people of all ethnicities and races can forget their differences for once and just get caught up in the spirit and competition of the game. Keep your politics out of it. Or take it to the basement downstairs where you can spew as much ignorant bullshit at each other and call each other ******s, wetbacks, chinks and whatever nonsense all you want.

DJR210
05-30-2014, 09:04 PM
I tuned in to watch basketball, not futbol. Chant was gay as fuck

Avitus1
05-30-2014, 09:20 PM
I thought it was pretty cool. I'd chant it to if I was there.

jag
05-30-2014, 09:29 PM
I'm no fan of people illegally sneaking across the border...but I thought the chant was dope.

I think that covers both of the issues going on in this thread.

Need to get the the fans to start yelling something in unison during every successful pass, like when the Spurs go on a run or something. Now that would be crazy

LoneStarState'sPride
05-30-2014, 09:30 PM
I thought it was awesome. Very cool flair for a Spurs game with all our international players. Hope to hear it again.

PingPong
05-30-2014, 09:44 PM
The Ole Ole song is originally from Spain, the Basque Country, to be exactly. They are more french than Spanish.

ploto
05-30-2014, 10:05 PM
Do people seriously think this is something new - for either the Spurs or the NBA?

Malik Hairston
05-30-2014, 10:12 PM
Do people seriously think this is something new - for either the Spurs or the NBA?

You really need to get fucked, tbh, all your posts are so whiny and bitchy..you're like the woman version of rascal..

TDfan2007
05-30-2014, 10:42 PM
Great chant. They did it every time Tiago was at the line. It's a popular soccer chant iirc. Would love to see it become a thing at our games.

wildchild
05-31-2014, 10:31 AM

Well, I would have liked if that was for Splitter.
This series is a tough matchup for him (less minutes/out starting lineup) and it would have been a cool gesture from Spurs fans to support the guy.

oski1000
05-31-2014, 10:43 AM
I prefer the exciting "defense, defense" chant

doobs
05-31-2014, 10:46 AM
Not sure I like it since it was done while Tiago was shooting free throws. Does it help him maintain his concentration and improve his shooting? I don't think so. So shut the fuck up.

It's also a lame chant and been overdone for years at soccer games. But it's better than Seven Nation Army.

refs you suck is better imho

TE
05-31-2014, 10:46 AM
You really need to get fucked, tbh, all your posts are so whiny and bitchy..you're like the woman version of rascal..
:lol tbh...I love how she plays the role of contrarian, schtick is played out...rascal on the other hand has tried too hard the last couple of years

Drachen
05-31-2014, 10:56 AM

Used to do it for manu all the time

jag
05-31-2014, 11:01 AM

:lol

look_at_g_shred
05-31-2014, 12:35 PM
I thought it was awesome. Very cool flair for a Spurs game with all our international players. Hope to hear it again.

gospursgojas
05-31-2014, 12:40 PM
Great chant. They did it every time Tiago was at the line. It's a popular soccer chant iirc. Would love to see it become a thing at our games.

BackHome
05-31-2014, 03:32 PM

Damn...I laughed so hard ...:)