PDA

View Full Version : Miami it is...

TheGreatYacht
05-30-2014, 09:13 PM
If bad luck will stop bothering the Spurs, and they finish OKC... They get their chance at revenge against Chris Bosh and company.

IMO, if Spurs advance, Spurs in 6. If OKC advances, Heat in 5.

Hopefully this time Manu shows up in Silver and black smh

Prime Time
05-30-2014, 09:19 PM
Beating Dallas, Portland, OKC, and Miami all in the same year seems too good to be true. Would've been a flat-out dream is Portland was substituted with Houston.

ShoogarBear
05-30-2014, 09:22 PM
Gonna be a nice yard sale in Indianapolis.

apalisoc_9
05-30-2014, 09:27 PM
Over or under 22 total turnovers for Manu in the finals?
TheGreatYacht

hitmantb
05-30-2014, 09:30 PM
I was really hoping Pacers could do a bit more damage to the Heat physically. I guess we already got lucky with Ibaka injury.

Heat pretty much walked through the East, did not play a single good team.

LoneStarState'sPride
05-30-2014, 09:32 PM
What a weak fucking stroll to the Finals for that team.

Again.

slick'81
05-30-2014, 09:33 PM
They got the spurs last time if spurs can get back well c what happens this time around

DarrinS
05-30-2014, 09:35 PM
If bad luck will stop bothering the Spurs, and finish OKC... They get their chance at revenge against Chris Bosh and company.

IMO, if Spurs advance, Spurs in 6. If OKC advances, Heat in 5.

Hopefully this time Manu shows up in Silver and black smh

Hopefully, Tony will play better and doesn't run out of gas

TheGreatYacht
05-30-2014, 09:40 PM
TheGreatYacht (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=43719)
Lol way over, quote me on this. I hope he plays well, but idk if his family will be "kidnapped" again smh

TheGreatYacht
05-30-2014, 09:42 PM
Hopefully, Tony will play better and doesn't run out of gas
If no high school books their graduation GAMEDAY, causing Parker to miss stretching due to traffic... He'll be good

Malice
05-30-2014, 09:43 PM
They barely got challenged. Not sure if that's a product of the weaker conference, or if they are just that good. All I know, is Wade is playing out of his mind this year. That alone would make me worry if we meet them next week.

davidbowie
05-30-2014, 09:49 PM
Pacers forum depressing as hell right now heh

TheGreatYacht
05-30-2014, 09:50 PM
Pacers forum depressing as hell right now heh
Link?

baseline bum
05-30-2014, 09:58 PM
Gonna be a nice yard sale in Indianapolis.

Who would you want from that trainwreck?

ElNono
05-30-2014, 10:09 PM
:lol Manu basically guaranteed back to back rings if the Spurs advance

davidbowie
05-30-2014, 10:12 PM
Link?

http://www.pacersdigest.com/forumdisplay.php?3-Indiana-Pacers

The game day thread is a good one

HI-FI
05-30-2014, 10:20 PM
It's going to be tough. I don't know how much Rashard Lewis will help them in the long run, that roided up, lazy pos :lol

Wade playing like Biogenesis healed his knee is a concern, as is the idea of Bosh playing better.

Tbh, as soon as they formed their team, everyone knew the odds were stacked in their favor. It might take a miracle. Which is fine, it took Murphy's Law to lose the first time, so I would gladly take a miracle.

First things first, OKC and the refs. Need to get past that obstacle first.

Jenks
05-30-2014, 10:21 PM

Again.
I just hope when LBJ goes into the HOF, he remembers to thank Derrick Rose's knees.

Cherry
05-30-2014, 10:22 PM
Fuck Miami

baseline bum
05-30-2014, 10:25 PM
I just hope when LBJ goes into the HOF, he remembers to thank Derrick Rose's knees.

Why? They only took one playoff game from him when they worked.

baseline bum
05-30-2014, 10:26 PM

LOL, they hate Hill second only to Hibbert. When the hell are the announcers going to stop calling that a win-win trade? :lol

http://www.pacersdigest.com/showthread.php?96897-Who-do-you-NOT-want-to-see-return-to-the-Pacers-next-year&

MeloHype
05-30-2014, 10:27 PM
"Chris Bosh and company" :lol

Malik Hairston
05-30-2014, 10:30 PM
Spurs match up very well with Miami, but they have to beat the team that has owned them for the past few years, first..

If the Spurs can get past OKC, beating Miami would be massive for Duncan's Spurs' legacy in the eyes of the media and casual fans, tbh..we don't notice, because we follow the Spurs very closely, but Tim's Spurs' don't have any defining or memorable moments in the eyes of the casual fan and the national media, tbh..

The Spurs received more attention in last year's Finals loss than they did at any point during their title years:lol..

If they can finally get over the OKC roadblock and defeat the Heat, they would finally have a defining moment and memorable moment to be remembered by forever, tbh..

siraulo23
05-30-2014, 10:35 PM
Last i checked, spurs havent beaten the thunder yet

Jenks
05-30-2014, 10:37 PM
Why? They only took one playoff game from him when they worked.
Heh, did you even watch last year's series? What happens if you replace Hinrich with the former MVP?

Sean Cagney
05-30-2014, 10:44 PM
Beating Dallas, Portland, OKC, and Miami all in the same year seems too good to be true. Would've been a flat-out dream is Portland was substituted with Houston.

Beat all of our demons (Dallas from 06 and 09), Portland who flat out owned us for years on end now, OKC the same and throw in there 012 and then the team that got 6 on US would be blyss! It does seem too good to be true! Now that you mention it that run would be just flat out crazy! I thought of it the other night but failed to get excited at all being we are still a ways away from winning that title. I agree with Houston but Portland has been the team who has beaten us the most throughout the last few years out of any team in the NBA! Houston we could have avenged the sweep this year and 95, but then again 95 was a different team.

spurtech09
05-30-2014, 10:44 PM

Again.agree.....Miami had it so easy

Sean Cagney
05-30-2014, 10:46 PM
Fuck Miami

I agree, no more needs to be said.

spurraider21
05-30-2014, 10:54 PM
Of course pacer fans are depressed. THEy lost to the same team 3 straight seasons. This entire season was a build up to a Miami series and they got romped. Indiana is likely to lose Stephenson and will decline. West is getting older, hill/Hibbert aren't getting better and are on awful contracts

spurraider21
05-30-2014, 10:57 PM
OKC series is far from over. There is no indication we are capable of beating them at Chesapeake, and a game 7 against a team wit the two most explosive scorers in the series is never comfy

baseline bum
05-30-2014, 10:58 PM
Heh, did you even watch last year's series? What happens if you replace Hinrich with the former MVP?

Miami still wins in 5 like they did the year before?

Knoxxx
05-30-2014, 10:58 PM
They barely got challenged. Not sure if that's a product of the weaker conference, or if they are just that good. All I know, is Wade is playing out of his mind this year. That alone would make me worry if we meet them next week.

They were cruising in the regular season no doubt, resting Wade 29 games to make sure he was fully healthy for the playoffs. They even "threw" top seed to Indians resting James at end of season.

Seems they could/should have won 60+ games easily in the East but good for us they didn't.

The competition they played in the playoffs was a joke. Worst I can recall from the Eastern Conference and that's saying something.

This deal about 4 straight finals for Heat, 3rd ever, is tainted due to the weak competition. Now we need to (after dispatching OKC) prove that and stop the Heat-3-peat. Time for the Western Conference to step up again, heck I MIGHT even root for OKC if they somehow edge us out still.

baseline bum
05-30-2014, 11:04 PM
Of course pacer fans are depressed. THEy lost to the same team 3 straight seasons. This entire season was a build up to a Miami series and they got romped. Indiana is likely to lose Stephenson and will decline. West is getting older, hill/Hibbert aren't getting better and are on awful contracts

Indiana doesn't have a single player I'd want to see the Spurs trade for. George is insanely overpaid, Hibbert is even worse, Hill is a below average NBA player making $8 million a season, West makes $12 million and is about to turn 34, Scola is finished, Mahinmi never became shit, Turner is a cancer whose game couldn't translate to the pros, Stephenson is a time-bomb, Watson is a nobody, Copeland is their version of Errors except he makes twice as much, I mean fuck, that is such a horrible situation.

Malik Hairston
05-30-2014, 11:07 PM
Indiana doesn't have a single player I'd want to see the Spurs trade for. George is insanely overpaid, Hibbert is even worse, Hill is a below average NBA player making $8 million a season, West makes $12 million and is about to turn 34, Scola is finished, Mahinmi never became shit, Turner is a cancer whose game couldn't translate to the pros, Stephenson is a time-bomb, Watson is a nobody, Copeland is their version of Errors except he makes twice as much, I mean fuck, that is such a horrible situation.

Larry Bird has exacerbated poor decisions by previous management, too..one of the shittiest GMs in the NBA, tbh..

It's pretty crazy that elite, legendary NBA players have such poor ability to analyze other players:lol..

TheGoldStandard
05-30-2014, 11:08 PM
Miami doesn't scare me in the way that OKC does in terms of getting on a hot streak and tearing it up. We've shown that we can beat them and push them to the brink, it's a matter of execution though and that's something I think we will be able to accomplish this time around.

dbreiden83080
05-30-2014, 11:10 PM

Again.

It really is ridiculous. Indiana looked like a true contender at the end of last year. To me they look ready to beat Miami most of the first half of the season. But let's face it they completely fell apart and sucked as a team the entire second half and most of this postseason. Eastern conference as a whole has been a joke since Jordan retired.

baseline bum
05-30-2014, 11:10 PM
Larry Bird has exacerbated poor decisions by previous management, too..one of the shittiest GMs in the NBA, tbh..

It's pretty crazy that elite, legendary NBA players have such poor ability to analyze other players:lol..

And they're stuck with that team until 2016-17. :lol

A team that went as far as it will ever go last year and is going to get a lot worse

baseline bum
05-30-2014, 11:15 PM
It really is ridiculous. Indiana looked like a true contender at the end of last year. To me they look ready to beat Miami most of the first half of the season. But let's face it they completely fell apart and sucked as a team the entire second half and most of this postseason. Eastern conference as a whole has been a joke since Jordan retired.

They just never had the offensive talent to survive once the rest of the league started caring. You see really so-so teams look unbeatable early every year; think of the 2011 Spurs. It's starting to look like the only reason they made any noise last year was Wade's health. In a related note, I hope like hell that wasn't the reason the Spurs looked so good against them last year. Doubt they'll be able to just sag off Wade every night again if they can overcome OKC.

TheGoldStandard
05-30-2014, 11:19 PM
I have a strange feeling that Miami will seem like a cakewalk compared to the crap we deal with when playing OKC.

baseline bum
05-30-2014, 11:23 PM
I have a strange feeling that Miami will seem like a cakewalk compared to the crap we deal with when playing OKC.

Yeah, that's pretty strange to think the two-time champs would be easy to beat.

hitmantb
05-30-2014, 11:27 PM
If and a big if Spurs make the finals (50/50 chance IMO).

I still think Spurs fate = 97/98 Utah Jazz and remembered as the best team LeBron had to beat during his three-peat. Last year Spurs was well-rested against a Heat team with Wade's health in bad shape, came off a 7 game series. Green was super lucky first five games as well setting finals records.

This year it will be extremely difficult. Spurs is not capable of winning close games, it has the weakest ISO players to ever make NBA finals should we get there. If score is close, just too hard to beat LeBron/Wade/Bosh down the stretch. The league is retarded for allowing this kind of combo to happen. Three franchise players (Bosh was raptor's franchise player, even if it was a bad team) in their prime on one team.

spurraider21
05-30-2014, 11:31 PM

I still think Spurs fate = 97/98 Utah Jazz and remembered as the best team LeBron had to beat during his three-peat. Last year Spurs was well-rested against a Heat team with Wade's health in bad shape, came off a 7 game series. Green was super lucky first five games as well setting finals records.

This year it will be extremely difficult. Spurs is not capable of winning close games, it has the weakest ISO players to ever make NBA finals should we get there. If score is close, just too hard to beat LeBron/Wade/Bosh down the stretch. The league is retarded for allowing this kind of combo to happen. Three franchise players (Bosh was raptor's franchise player, even if it was a bad team) in their prime on one team.
:cry I hope my spurs prove me wrong :cry

TheGreatYacht
05-30-2014, 11:32 PM
Should Boris start next series as well? Splitter is too soft and traumatized to finish strong against Miami... And *drink* Rashard Lewis is looking pretty good smh

dbreiden83080
05-30-2014, 11:43 PM
They just never had the offensive talent to survive once the rest of the league started caring. You see really so-so teams look unbeatable early every year; think of the 2011 Spurs. It's starting to look like the only reason they made any noise last year was Wade's health. In a related note, I hope like hell that wasn't the reason the Spurs looked so good against them last year. Doubt they'll be able to just sag off Wade every night again if they can overcome OKC.

Wade is way past his prime.. As far as putting points on the board he's not even remotely the threat that Westbrook is right now not even close.

spurraider21
05-30-2014, 11:44 PM
Rashard doesn't so anything mike miller didnt do...

TheGoldStandard
05-30-2014, 11:44 PM
Yeah, that's pretty strange to think the two-time champs would be easy to beat.

Without a slashing guard that can get into the paint at will and draw a foul our guys have an easier time staying at home and not over helping. Kawhi and Diaw will take the brunt of the Lebron defense and Green should be able to stay in front of Wade.. It's going to be a matter of making the others beat them and I think we match up better in the interior to exploit fouls and get a rhythm with sharp passing.

dg7md
05-31-2014, 12:08 AM
I'm fine with Miami if we get there, I think it'd be a great Finals rematch, with us having HCA this time around.

That being said, :lol at the Pacers. I really can't believe how far they fell since before the All-Star Break. They would have beaten Miami if they didn't internally discombobulate themselves in the past few months.

baseline bum
05-31-2014, 12:18 AM

The 97-98 Jazz are the fourth best team the Bulls had to beat, with the top 3 being the 92-93 Suns, 95-96 Sonics, and 97-98 Pacers.

cjw
05-31-2014, 12:48 AM
Should Boris start next series as well? Splitter is too soft and traumatized to finish strong against Miami... And *drink* Rashard Lewis is looking pretty good smh

The Diaw decision resulted from Ibaka, and Miami doesn't pose anything that resembles that threat though Lebron is when tasked with it. Issue for Splitter will be the Miami small ball lineups, though Splitter is mobile enough to guard anyone whenever Lebron isn't at the PF. You could always hide Splitter away from Lebron, but it's a bit of a waste of his D.

ThePop
05-31-2014, 01:01 AM
Ya'll talking about the finals like this series is over.

ShoogarBear
05-31-2014, 01:12 AM
Who would you want from that trainwreck?
Scola Thread! (j/k)

Remember, a lot of people here wanted to dump Parker because George Hill was the Point Guard of the Future.

xtremesteven33
05-31-2014, 01:17 AM
I get the feeling Miami winning tonight will pressure the Spurs even more to wrap it up tomorrow night in OKC. Champioship teams have another gear they can kick into when they have to. Spurs proved it in Game 7 against the Mavs they can kick it into a gear other teams dont have. I sense a convincing victory over the Thunder in game 6.

smaka
05-31-2014, 02:31 AM
East is such a joke! Shitty Pacers team that would be blown out of West in the first round, comes right to the ECF. Horrible conference and horribly easy path for the Heat to the finals.

LoneStarState'sPride
05-31-2014, 02:33 AM
Ya'll talking about the finals like this series is over.

We have a shot to wrap this up tonight. Talking about who we would play should that come to pass isn't taking this series for granted.

testies
05-31-2014, 03:58 AM
Dude if we manage to win this year *we won't, I know* it will be absurdly satisfying... 3x more satisfying than any other win we've had (maybe except 03)

beating Mavs the team we all hate and shutting DeFat Blair up. Portland.. well, it was just fun to decimate a team everyone was on the bandwagon. OKC, avenging backdoor ref sweep and also because they are the most dislieable team ever. Heat, avenging 6

there's no way we win though. we lose game 6 and 7 to okc unfortunately =(

99 Problems
05-31-2014, 04:43 AM
I'm happy with Heat, beatable even with the Kang. OKC though you just never know, I'll be satisfied when they're in the rear vision mirror.

elemento
05-31-2014, 06:06 AM
I wonder if there's still a moron that regrets trading Hill for Leonard and Bertans :lmao

I am glad SA kept Parker.

TampaDude
05-31-2014, 07:25 AM
Let's take care of OKC tonight and move on to the Finals rematch. We'll have HCA this time, too.

GO SPURS GO!!!!!

MVPCues
05-31-2014, 08:20 AM
If Manu does show up and Spurs win, do you change your avatar? Just curious...

rascal
05-31-2014, 09:07 AM
Dude if we manage to win this year *we won't, I know* it will be absurdly satisfying... 3x more satisfying than any other win we've had (maybe except 03)

beating Mavs the team we all hate and shutting DeFat Blair up. Portland.. well, it was just fun to decimate a team everyone was on the bandwagon. OKC, avenging backdoor ref sweep and also because they are the most dislieable team ever. Heat, avenging 6

there's no way we win though. we lose game 6 and 7 to okc unfortunately =(

99' will always be the best championship, it was the first.

urunobili
05-31-2014, 11:12 AM
OKC series is far from over. There is no indication we are capable of beating them at Chesapeake, and a game 7 against a team wit the two most explosive scorers in the series is never comfy

florige
05-31-2014, 12:00 PM
agree.....Miami had it so easy

Everyone sort of knew that when Indiana went into full choke mode midway through the season. I knew there was no way they would post any serious threat to Miami. Should had really been over in five games.

DieHardSpursFan1537
05-31-2014, 12:18 PM
Lets see the Thunder game first before we say anything about playing Miami

Jenks
05-31-2014, 12:53 PM
Miami still wins in 5 like they did the year before?
Wait, replacing Hinrich with Rose loses them an extra game?

I lol'd.

baseline bum
05-31-2014, 01:01 PM
Wait, replacing Hinrich with Rose loses them an extra game?

I lol'd.

No, they're 4-1 either way

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CHI/2013.html

heyheymymy
05-31-2014, 02:06 PM
first things first... sending the thunder fishing in game 6

ThomasamohT
05-31-2014, 02:17 PM
TheGreatYacht
22 for the series or per game?

rascal
05-31-2014, 04:40 PM
22 for the series or per game?

Total for the series of course.

superbigtime
05-31-2014, 05:09 PM

Wow dysfunctional as hell in there. Spurs fans have it good.

TheGreatYacht
05-31-2014, 05:13 PM
If Manu does show up and Spurs win, do you change your avatar? Just curious...
Yes, yes I will

houston spurs fan
05-31-2014, 05:23 PM
Yes, yes I will
You need to change your "my team" too shithead.

TheGreatYacht
05-31-2014, 05:27 PM
You need to change your "my team" too shithead.
I'm a Spurs fan :lmao

Dex
05-31-2014, 05:34 PM
Fuck, I really want a chance to get revenge against Miami.

jARS mEsH sEt
05-31-2014, 06:12 PM
*Nasally voice* "B-b-but wait guys we haven't beaten OKC yet focus on winning this series first :cry"

ducks
05-31-2014, 06:42 PM
but rascal said pacers have players this year to beat heat
LOL RASCAL