PDA

View Full Version : Why I am a Spurs fan.

xellos88330
05-31-2014, 02:09 AM
I don't post often here, and if I do it usually an emoticon. I just wanted to explain why I love being a Spurs fan (yes I have been drinking..... a lot tonight). To me, the Spurs represent everything that is right about sports. San Antonio is not exactly a fountain of money, and I have come to terms with this. It is for this reason that I have come to love this franchise. Who would have ever thought that Green would become one of the premier 3 point shooters in the league? Who would have thought that Duncan would still be capable of high level play at this stage in his career. Who would have thought that the 28th and 57th pick in drafts would become potential hall of fame players? I LOVE MY SPURS!!! They represent everything that is right about competitive sports. They take something that many would assume aren't up to their standards and turn them into players that are important cogs in a machine that is the envy of the league. This team strikes a personal note in my DNA and sends shivers of excitement and hope down my spine. It is that one word "TEAM" and what people who aren't born with world beating talent are capable of. It is truly amazing and I am fortunate and damn blessed to witness what a small franchise with all the cards stacked against them can do. If the Spurs can finish off a more talented individual OKC and go and and eliminate the abomination that is the Heat, will be an extraordinary triumph. I believe the Spurs can... AND WILL finish the job this year. If I am wrong, I still cannot be upset. All it takes to truly compete is a common goal. My Spurs have it, and that is all that I can ever ask of them. GO SPURS GO!!!

/drunktalk FTW!!!

LoneStarState'sPride
05-31-2014, 03:15 AM
It is that time of night when the alcohol causes good men to pour their hearts out :lol

But I heartily agree with every word of your post. GO SPURS GO

spurraider21
05-31-2014, 03:37 AM
"i don't post often here"

has 5k posts

hater
05-31-2014, 03:44 AM
:lmao I drank an entire bottle of tequila last nite. Had to log in in the morning to check who had won the game and had to rewatch d game. Im watching game 6 sober

Strange Love
05-31-2014, 03:57 AM

has 5k posts

5k Posts since 2008 ain't bad so technically he's correct.

That profile pic tho. :lol

Oh, Gee!!
05-31-2014, 08:38 AM
This team strikes a personal note in my DNA and sends shivers of excitement and hope down my spine.

You're not a fan, you're gay for the spurs

UZER
05-31-2014, 08:46 AM
:lmao I drank an entire bottle of tequila last nite. Had to log in in the morning to check who had won the game and had to rewatch d game. Im watching game 6 sober

At least you didn't log on to find out you were the OP of this thread.

jehawk81
05-31-2014, 12:54 PM
Who drinks alot & then logs on to ST to post? If ur drinking that means u have family or friends over & ur not gunna take the time to go to ur laptop/iPad/PC to post a well written thought.. LIAR

xellos88330
05-31-2014, 03:23 PM

has 5k posts

I joined in '08 and lurked here since '07 So yeah... I don't post here often.

xellos88330
05-31-2014, 03:27 PM
Who drinks alot & then logs on to ST to post? If ur drinking that means u have family or friends over & ur not gunna take the time to go to ur laptop/iPad/PC to post a well written thought.. LIAR

I wrote this thread at 2 or 3 am, and drinking only affects my speech, not my typing or comprehension of letters. If you have trouble typing after drinking, then you have some serious problems and drinking probably isn't for you.

xellos88330
05-31-2014, 03:29 PM
You're not a fan, you're gay for the spurs

Well, I guess I am gay for the Spurs then... LOL!!! :toast

xellos88330
05-31-2014, 03:30 PM
At least you didn't log on to find out you were the OP of this thread.

Nothing wrong with what I wrote. :D

xellos88330
05-31-2014, 03:32 PM
5k Posts since 2008 ain't bad so technically he's correct.

That profile pic tho. :lol

I figured that if people were going to have tits and ass displayed on their profile pic, I might as well put up a picture that is just as hot. :P

hooperflash
05-31-2014, 08:02 PM
Xellos a.k.a. "The Ticketmaster" Go Spurs Go

Oh, Gee!!
05-31-2014, 11:29 PM
Well, I guess I am gay for the Spurs then... LOL!!! :toast

Me too

noles1983
05-31-2014, 11:30 PM
i dont post here often, but when i do, i make a long ass post without paragraphs. jk OP:lol