05-31-2014, 08:07 AM
http://www.nba.com/news/referee.html

Danny Crawford, Jams Capers,and Zach Zarba

spursparker9
05-31-2014, 08:11 AM
Adam Silver needs to buy some resting time for Wade's knee

Danny.Zhu
05-31-2014, 08:26 AM
And what was OKC's record with those refs?

mudyez
05-31-2014, 08:29 AM
We just can focus on game7 now.

TheGoldStandard
05-31-2014, 08:57 AM
I don't know Scott Brooks with the "Begging Part Duex" might be his undoing. Refs don't like to be shown up that way.

Dex
05-31-2014, 09:03 AM
I don't know Scott Brooks with the "Begging Part Duex" might be his undoing. Refs don't like to be shown up that way.

I've never seen a coach so blatantly try to beg for calls. At least PJ made a point when he did it. It's like Brooks just sits down in front of the mic and says "Free throws. Free throws. Free throws."

FromWayDowntown
05-31-2014, 09:08 AM
Adam Silver needs to buy some resting time for Wade's knee

Wade's rest time doesn't depend on how long SA/OKC goes. Finals start on June 5.

benstanfield
05-31-2014, 09:20 AM
The reffing has honestly been fine all series. Spurs have shot way more FTA at home and vice versa, per par. Westbrook gets a lot of calls for going bulldoze mode but so will Lebron, that's just the advantage of superior athleticism (and the way the league officiates).

KL2
05-31-2014, 09:45 AM
The reffing has honestly been fine all series. Spurs have shot way more FTA at home and vice versa, per par. Westbrook gets a lot of calls for going bulldoze mode but so will Lebron, that's just the advantage of superior athleticism (and the way the league officiates).

I disagree, OKC has been carried every step of the way. Fortunately they're so bad they can't take full advantage of it. Ive never seen a team carried so much by the refs, they're so bad that they should've lost in the 1st round where they needed ref help to beat both Memphis and LAC.

Okc can get away with murder on defense (I'm talking about OBVIOUS fouls) while SA gets called for touch fouls. Furthermore the refs allow OKC to stay in a rhythm all game long, can't score points? The refs got them, can't string together a great defensive sequence? No problem, refs got them.

The Spurs are at times completely unable to break away, make a run, because the refs are there. They completely neutralize SA's offense. Runs are how games are won/lost in this league, how you can maintain that lead. Example, KD and WB score on consecutive plays, the crowd goes wild, the energy is gaining momentum, suddenly Parker drains a jumper and the crowd is out of it. Now it's the same thing for OKC, but it's Crawford or Brothers bailing them out, silencing the crowd for them. The flow of an nba game can be quite sensitive, easily affected by anything, a single call can affect the momentum of a game.

OKC is just so bad that it seems like the refs just give up on them, and when they do SA breaks away.

pgardn
05-31-2014, 09:48 AM

Lebron gets fewer calls with much more physical contact imo. Probably because he is so damn strong.

T Park
05-31-2014, 09:59 AM

Outside of the third quarter of game 3, I agree.

People that keep blaming the refs in this thread are morons.

Danny.Zhu
05-31-2014, 10:15 AM

Did you actually watch OKC's 3 series this year and the Finals last year and found officiating resemblance?

Jimcs50
05-31-2014, 10:22 AM
We did win with Tony Brothers, my friends. There is no league conspiracy. Stop worrying about this inane bull crap and focus on our play.

Dex
05-31-2014, 10:41 AM
Crawford is generally a pretty good ref to have on the road, tbh. He has the-fifth lowest Winning % for the Home Team in these playoffs at 0.364, while officiating the third-most playoff games at 11. (http://www.nbastuffer.com/referee_stats)

Granted, none of these statistics really matter and the game is still going to play out how it's going to play out.

jARS mEsH sEt
05-31-2014, 10:43 AM

Lebron doesn't get anywhere near the calls that Westbrick does for bulldozing.

Cry Havoc
05-31-2014, 11:17 AM
Reffing hasn't mattered this series because every game has been a massive blowout. However, a friend of mine is a Lakers fan and he thought Game 4 was a farce for OKC. Shrug.

If it's a close game down to the wire tonight, we're going to have to be perfect in just about every aspect of execution or the series will go 7.

Cry Havoc
05-31-2014, 11:17 AM
We did win with Tony Brothers, my friends. There is no league conspiracy. Stop worrying about this inane bull crap and focus on our play.

eJsdQazLi0c

Cough cough.

jARS mEsH sEt
05-31-2014, 11:23 AM
eJsdQazLi0c

Cough cough.

If fouls were called consistently, every single defending player would be guilty of fouling on every single play. That level of contact occurs all the time.

ElNono
05-31-2014, 11:28 AM
Reffing will be whatever it is... the Spurs need to concentrate on playing well, making shots, rebounding... when they do that, they can beat any team anywhere.

baseline bum
05-31-2014, 11:28 AM
Bitching about Danny Crawford? Half the board was begging for him in Game 5.

05-31-2014, 11:36 AM
Bitching about Danny Crawford? Half the board was begging for him in Game 5.

Hoops Czar
05-31-2014, 11:40 AM
http://www.nba.com/news/referee.html

Danny Crawford, Jams Capers,and Zach Zarba

You don't even know who the fuck two of those refs are yet, the premise remains the same. OKC is under .500 this postseason with Danny Crawford. No forum cries ref like Spurstalk.

PublicOption
05-31-2014, 11:51 AM
Danny Crawford=Spurs win......I just hope he's here for game 1. Who were the refs in that first game in Miami last year.......I bet Danny Crawford was there. Anyone know?

PublicOption
05-31-2014, 11:52 AM
You don't even know who the fuck two of those refs are yet, the premise remains the same. OKC is under .500 this postseason with Danny Crawford. No forum cries ref like Spurstalk.

Danny is probably the only one I trust. When the Spurs see D. Crawford out there they will go for the throat.

PublicOption
05-31-2014, 11:53 AM
The league wants this over tonight.

FromWayDowntown
05-31-2014, 12:02 PM
Who were the refs in that first game in Miami last year.......I bet Danny Crawford was there. Anyone know?

Monty McCutchen, Tony Brothers, Jason Phillips.

Danny Crawford had games 3 and 7 of the 2013 Finals.

FromWayDowntown
05-31-2014, 12:06 PM
The league wants this over tonight.

Just to be sure, the idea of Danny Crawford calling this game was predictable on May 19, when he called Game 1. So, it's not like the league just decided after Game 5 to send Danny Crawford to OKC tonight. The rotation of the crew chiefs is really very predictable at this point and figuring out who else is likely to be with a particular chief isn't an exercise in crazy speculation.

Whether there's a Game 7 or not depends on how these two teams play the game tonight, not on who is blowing the whistles.

cd021
05-31-2014, 12:08 PM
Lebron gets fewer calls with much more physical contact imo. Probably because he is so damn strong.
Lebron doesnt get as many calls as people think he does. Miami in general gets to the line slightly less than we do.

DarrinS
05-31-2014, 12:12 PM
Dan Crawford is a good ref, IMHO

will_spurs
05-31-2014, 12:12 PM
Blowouts are the only way to beat OKC, as they negate the officials influence. We just need one more of those.

gospursgojas
05-31-2014, 12:47 PM
D crawford is decent. Zach zarba is a douche.

mercos
05-31-2014, 01:05 PM
We won with Tony Brothers against OKC. No more fear.

Spur|n|Austin
05-31-2014, 01:23 PM
I've always felt Dan Crawford has always had a spurs bias, not sure why but I like him.

heyheymymy
05-31-2014, 02:03 PM
I've always felt Dan Crawford has always had a spurs bias, not sure why but I like him.

agree, but zarba can be a turncoat sometimes.

hsxvvd
05-31-2014, 03:03 PM
I'll save my judgement until after the game.

hsxvvd
05-31-2014, 03:04 PM
Blowouts are the only way to beat OKC, as they negate the officials influence. We just need one more of those.

This.

Horse
05-31-2014, 04:15 PM
I disagree, OKC has been carried every step of the way. Fortunately they're so bad they can't take full advantage of it. Ive never seen a team carried so much by the refs, they're so bad that they should've lost in the 1st round where they needed ref help to beat both Memphis and LAC.

Okc can get away with murder on defense (I'm talking about OBVIOUS fouls) while SA gets called for touch fouls. Furthermore the refs allow OKC to stay in a rhythm all game long, can't score points? The refs got them, can't string together a great defensive sequence? No problem, refs got them.

The Spurs are at times completely unable to break away, make a run, because the refs are there. They completely neutralize SA's offense. Runs are how games are won/lost in this league, how you can maintain that lead. Example, KD and WB score on consecutive plays, the crowd goes wild, the energy is gaining momentum, suddenly Parker drains a jumper and the crowd is out of it. Now it's the same thing for OKC, but it's Crawford or Brothers bailing them out, silencing the crowd for them. The flow of an nba game can be quite sensitive, easily affected by anything, a single call can affect the momentum of a game.

OKC is just so bad that it seems like the refs just give up on them, and when they do SA breaks away.
Not only have they been carried this series but the entire playoffs. We all saw the clippers series they suspend zbo but ibaka can punch anyone he wants in the nuts.

smaka
05-31-2014, 04:18 PM
Dan Crawford is a good ref, IMHO

Beaverfuzz
05-31-2014, 04:18 PM
Glad Bill Kennedy is the alternate, fuck that guy. Zarba is fine when you're at home.

Horse
05-31-2014, 04:22 PM

Not only have they been carried this series but the entire playoffs. We all saw the clippers series they suspend zbo but ibaka can punch anyone he wants in the nuts.

Horry Hipcheck
05-31-2014, 04:34 PM
I'm fine with Danny Crawford, he's made it most of his career without a lot of controversy. Better him than Brothers or Joey in OKC.

The reffing has, at times, been atrocious, but the 3-2 lead isn't a direct result of that. The Spurs played poorly in Games 3 and 4, and while there have been numerous instances of horrid officiating, the margins of victory have largely been irrelevant to the free throws. Obviously there's more to officiating than free throws, and at times in OKC the Spurs' offense was stagnated by the timing of fouls and ref-related turnovers. Still, the Spurs trailed by as much as 20 in both games at Chesapeake. The starters contributed nothing in either loss. Refs may contribute but the Spurs weren't going to win like that. Winning Game 6 will come down to the Spurs playing the way they've played in Games 1, 2, and 5 - aggressively and as a functional team.

vander
05-31-2014, 05:07 PM
I have been pleasantly surprised by the officials in this series, they have favored the Spurs in SA, and were non factors in OKC. if they give Westbrook the calls today when he lurches to the rim, then Spurs just need so make sure that those fouls ARE FOULS!

TheGreatYacht
05-31-2014, 05:25 PM
Danny Crawford getting Kawhi in foul trouble. NBA wants a Game $even