PDA

View Full Version : How I'd love to see our roster fill out. How about you?

TheWriter
08-12-2005, 09:49 PM
Tony Parker
Manu Ginobili
Bruce Bowen
Tim Duncan
Nazr Mohammad

Robert Horry
Brent Barry
Fabricio Oberto
Beno Udrih
Maurice Evans
Dale Davis
Bo Outlaw
Melvin Sanders
Kennedy Winston

With a roster like that, I think it'd be safe to say we'd have the deepest and probably best roster.

Solid D
08-12-2005, 09:56 PM
What? No Rasho?

Dex
08-12-2005, 09:57 PM
Looks pretty on paper (or screen?) for sure....but that's five guys we'd have to sign with very limited fundage. You really think the Spurs could pull all these guys in with damn near minimum bids?

Trainwreck2100
08-12-2005, 09:57 PM
What? No Rasho?

I assume we would have traded him for a bag of doritos by then

Dex
08-12-2005, 09:59 PM
...Nacho Cheese or Cooler Ranch?

ALVAREZ6
08-12-2005, 09:59 PM
Looks pretty on paper (or screen?) for sure....but that's five guys we'd have to sign with very limited fundage. You really think the Spurs could pull all these guys in with damn near minimum bids?
I was thinking the same. That wouldn't realistically happen.

Trainwreck2100
08-12-2005, 10:00 PM
...Nacho Cheese or Cooler Ranch?

Cooler Ranch, the salaries have to match up after all.

Dex
08-12-2005, 10:06 PM
Cooler Ranch, the salaries have to match up after all.

Throw in a Mountain Dew and we've got ourselves a deal.

TheWriter
08-12-2005, 10:08 PM

Davis and Bo = vet min.

Evans = remainder of the MLE (or 1.7 million for a deal)

Winston and Sanders = min.

That's LESS than 5 million commited salary.

TheWriter
08-12-2005, 10:09 PM

You have to have 13 players min.

I only have 14 on my roster. It's dueable.

ChumpDumper
08-12-2005, 10:34 PM
Dale Davis?

I doubt he signs here for Massenburg minutes when he could do something like back up Ilgauskas or the like.

TheWriter
08-12-2005, 10:36 PM
Dale Davis?

I doubt he signs here for Massenburg minutes when he could do something like back up Ilgauskas or the like.

Then replace him with another journeyman, does it even matter?

ChumpDumper
08-12-2005, 10:42 PM
does it even matter?If we're discussing dream lineups, it's logical to discuss the likelihood of the dream coming to pass.

Dale is reportedly getting alot of interest; you're free to stick with it or come up with another journeyman.

Solid D
08-12-2005, 10:43 PM
I assume we would have traded him for a bag of doritos by then

So cruel regarding someone who started 70 games for the World Champions.

Just because he has a $30M contract remaining and the low, low price of $6.7M this season, doesn't mean you have to be a hater. :)

Dex
08-12-2005, 10:44 PM
Sounds like a decent plan to me. Tell Buford to start putting in the bids.

Granted, it would only work if nobody else decides to throw more money at them (and they're not fond of that whole...winning thing). It would take a little good fortune, but good fortune never hurt anybody, right?

Otherwise it would be....bad fortune? :pctoss

angel_luv
08-12-2005, 10:51 PM

:makemyday Hater! I'd like to throw something at you!

Trainwreck2100
08-12-2005, 10:52 PM
So cruel regarding someone who started 70 games for the World Champions.

Just because he has a $30M contract remaining and the low, low price of $6.7M this season, doesn't mean you have to be a hater. :)

I think it will be increasingly difficult to get any quality player for him, We can't afford to keep Rasho and Nazr, as it is we have already tried to give up the rights to Scola to trade him off. The other Gm's are chomping at the bits to get a good deal.

Dex
08-12-2005, 11:10 PM
:makemyday Hater! I'd like to throw something at you!

*busted* :oops

I couldn't help myself! I really like Mountain Dew.

:lol

In all honesty, I'd like to see Rasho stay. I wasn't real keen on him when we picked him up, but seeing his defensive abilities in the paint over the past couple years swayed me over.

Unfortunately, it looks like he's going to get swept away under the same premise that sent Malik to New York. Good player....bad contract.

Trust me, I'll be upset if Rasho leaves. Even I've come to face the fact, however, that it's more than likely going to happen...at some point or another. :depressed

Fortunately, it's looking like that time might not be this offseason...since the very thing that is pushing him out of SA, is the same thing that is preventing other teams from reeling him in.

angel_luv
08-12-2005, 11:21 PM
[QUOTE=Dex]*busted* :oops

QUOTE]

How is this for a deal? If the Spurs keep Rasho, I'll buy you a Mountain Dew!

Think happy thoughts! = )

Dex
08-12-2005, 11:43 PM
*busted* :oops

How is this for a deal? If the Spurs keep Rasho, I'll buy you a Mountain Dew!

Think happy thoughts! = )

Sweeeet.

On the downside, if he does get moved, I'll be out one appreciated bigman, AND a Mountain Dew.

....but those aren't good thoughts. I'm not doing a very good job. :oops

If Rasho stays, we'll go out for Mountain Dews together to celebrate!

And if the bad-thing-that-heretofore-shall-go-unnamed happens, I'll buy you a whole case of Mountain Dew to help cope with the depression. I'd hate to have to think of you being forced into Hawk Fandom just to keep up with your bo' :blah

Kori Ellis
08-13-2005, 12:00 AM
Tony Parker
Manu Ginobili
Bruce Bowen
Tim Duncan
Nazr Mohammad

Robert Horry
Brent Barry
Fabricio Oberto
Beno Udrih
Maurice Evans
Dale Davis
Bo Outlaw
Melvin Sanders
Kennedy Winston

I don't like it that much. As the Spurs fillout their roster, I'd like them to pick up a young, long small forward and a point guard. Evans, Sanders and Winston are all about 6'5. Not all that long. And none of them can play the point. So this roster doesn't thrill me.

The Spurs have a decent shot at Maurice Evans. Seattle is going after him too, but hopefully since he like S.A. already, he'll be partial. I think one of the three -- Evans, Sanders and Winston would be good. Plus a long 3 and a backup PG. And then a veteran big.

BTW .. I don't understand what you traded Rasho for (outside a bag of chips) in your scenario.

ChumpDumper
08-13-2005, 12:34 AM
Tony Parker
Manu Ginobili
Bruce Bowen
Tim Duncan
Nazr Mohammad

Robert Horry
Brent Barry
Fabricio Oberto
Beno Udrih
Rasho Nesterovic
Noel Felix
Nick Van Exel
Devin Brown
Tommy Smith (performed well enough in SL for me to think he's on his way back)
TMass or Outlaw

It's a dream that won't come true, but at least seems grounded in reality.

TheWriter
08-13-2005, 12:35 AM
It's a dream that won't come true, but at least seems grounded in reality.

More than mine or just in general?

ChumpDumper
08-13-2005, 12:37 AM
In general.

Unclench.

Kori Ellis
08-13-2005, 12:39 AM
Chump - I didn't see Tommy Smith play in SL. Did he look decent? Is he coming off a back injury, or am I thinking of someone else?

Dex
08-13-2005, 12:39 AM
Aw, come on guys. I was still holding out for Lebron.

timvp
08-13-2005, 12:40 AM
Tommy Smith is an interesting suggestion. When I see him in the summer, it's hard to figure out how he's not in the NBA. Looking at his underdeveloped body, it might be a lack of work ethic ... but the guy is talented.

Noel Felix on the Spurs would be beyond sweet. He'd be a perfect fit. Probably won't happen but with Presti watching some of these WC qualifiers, you never know.

ChumpDumper
08-13-2005, 12:52 AM
Smith's the one coming off the injury -- I actually saw very little of him, but he seemed to be moving ok. His stats seemed to back it up though he didn't get alot of pt. Maybe just wishful thinking, but hey -- this is the thread for that kind of thing.

timvp
08-13-2005, 12:54 AM
As long as we are dreaming, I'll mention Theron Smith.

Kori Ellis
08-13-2005, 12:55 AM
Smith's the one coming off the injury -- I actually saw very little of him, but he seemed to be moving ok. His stats seemed to back it up though he didn't get alot of pt. Maybe just wishful thinking, but hey -- this is the thread for that kind of thing.

I wonder who's looking at Tommy Smith. Noel is friends with him, so I'll ask him and see if he knows anything.

Dex
08-13-2005, 12:57 AM
whatabout Britton Johnsen as a deep reserve, or at least a training camp 'maybe'?

Kori Ellis
08-13-2005, 01:06 AM
whatabout Britton Johnsen as a deep reserve, or at least a training camp 'maybe'?

I thought the Spurs would consider him. But then Johnsen said on TV during summer league that the Spurs had already told him that they didn't have room for him.

Dex
08-13-2005, 01:10 AM
Hm, that IS surprising. We've only got 10 players signed, and they say we're lacking room?

I know we've got a lot of big guys, but they can't fill two spots on the bench. :lol

Kind of a bummer. I'd be interested to see what that guy can do.

angel_luv
08-13-2005, 09:53 AM
Sweeeet.

On the downside, if he does get moved, I'll be out one appreciated bigman, AND a Mountain Dew.

....but those aren't good thoughts. I'm not doing a very good job. :oops

If Rasho stays, we'll go out for Mountain Dews together to celebrate!

And if the bad-thing-that-heretofore-shall-go-unnamed happens, I'll buy you a whole case of Mountain Dew to help cope with the depression. I'd hate to have to think of you being forced into Hawk Fandom just to keep up with your bo' :blah

Hawks > Lakers. But much better Rasho on the Spurs than anywhere else. :D

BTW, no Dew for me. If Rasho gets traded I'll need lots of Dr. as in Pepper! = )

Streakyshooter08
08-13-2005, 11:33 AM
Nazr/ Oberto/ Rasho
Tim/ Horry
Bowen/ Evans (or a young long 3 but I have no idea who that could be)
Gino/ Barry
Parker/ NVE/ Udrih

I would keep Rasho until Nazr is extended...

bigbendbruisebrother
08-13-2005, 12:23 PM

You guys need to drop the sarcasm and keep an open mind about dealing Rasho. Fritos, bean dip and an arizona green tea would work, as would Mr. Pibb, pork rinds and a can of beanie weenies. As an organization, I think we rely too much on Doritos (isn't that how we got Nazr?).