PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: Player of his generation just doing player of his generation things.

midnightpulp
05-31-2014, 10:36 PM
Took over that OT!

http://alamocitytimes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Duncan-Ibaka-SLam.jpg

Big shout out to Diaw, and yes, even the Client for his big shot.

Spurs da champs
05-31-2014, 10:37 PM
Redemption is on its way!

LkrFan
05-31-2014, 10:38 PM
:lol

Infinite_limit
05-31-2014, 10:39 PM
7th Best Player of All Time

Robz4000
05-31-2014, 11:14 PM
If he dominates in the Finals and the Spurs win, top 5 of all time tbh.

Franklin
05-31-2014, 11:29 PM
you lost 30 something dollars though, mid.

Thebesteva
05-31-2014, 11:30 PM
If he wins 5 he will be the player of his generation. Just keeping it real.

midnightpulp
05-31-2014, 11:32 PM
If he wins 5 he will be the player of his generation. Just keeping it real.

Shaq and Duncan have the same ring count and same number of Finals MVPs.

I take it Shaq being the lead dog on a 3 peat team is the tie-breaker for you?

HI-FI
05-31-2014, 11:33 PM
just unreal. greatest and yet most underrated player of his generation. shit i'm still exhausted from watching that.

Thebesteva
05-31-2014, 11:34 PM

I speak not as a Laker fan nor Spurtalk member, but if I was on a court playing with 10-15 ballers I know exactly what they would say. Ton of respect for Tim, he's a legend, but Kobe was greater. Also, Lebron, as depressing as it is has serious potential of surpassing Kobe beyond what we could comprehend.

For some reason, I have no problem knowing Timmy surpassed Kobe, he's a good guy, always humble which is extremely rare today. Kobe is a dickhead, an ego maniac, a shower jerker offer. None the less, Kobe>Tim right now, and you know everywhere outside this forum knows it.

Infinite_limit
05-31-2014, 11:35 PM

Shaq is underrated because of his Ring chasing. This will also apply to James down the line.

I see Duncan overtaking Russell.
- Wilt & Kareem, No.
- MJ, Magic & Bird, No.

Infinite_limit
05-31-2014, 11:37 PM
I speak not as a Laker fan nor Spurtalk member, but if I was on a court playing with 10-15 ballers I know exactly what they would say. Ton of respect for Tim, he's a legend, but Kobe was greater. Also, Lebron, as depressing as it is has serious potential of surpassing Kobe beyond what we could comprehend.

For some reason, I have no problem knowing Timmy surpassed Kobe, he's a good guy, always humble which is extremely rare today. Kobe is a dickhead, an ego maniac, a shower jerker offer. None the less, Kobe>Tim right now, and you know everywhere outside this forum knows it.
Most people agreed 3 years ago. But since then Duncan has appeared in 2 Finals & James has taken some shine off Kobe's accomplishments. There is no BIG that has challenged Duncan's legacy

Nathan89
05-31-2014, 11:37 PM

10-15 idiots tbh

Thebesteva
05-31-2014, 11:39 PM
Most people agreed 3 years ago. But since then Duncan has appeared in 2 Finals & James has taken some shine off Kobe's accomplishments. There is no BIG that has challenged Duncan's legacy

You my nigga, but losing back to back finals is not going to help his case. It will only cement Kobe>Duncan, I know its hard to accept, like Lebron about to surpass Kobe, but you gotta accept facts no matter how hard it is.

midnightpulp
05-31-2014, 11:40 PM

So you're all about the ring count then?

Cause as we've discussed on this forum ad nauseum (a debate I'm not interested in rehashing for the 678 time, unless it's to shutdown that moron Deuce), Kobe's individual stats/achievements are slightly inferior to Duncan's.

Thebesteva
05-31-2014, 11:41 PM

Cause as we've discussed on this forum ad nauseum (a debate I'm not interested in rehashing for the 678 time, unless it's to shutdown that moron Deuce), Kobe's individual stats/achievements are slightly inferior to Duncan's.

Have you seen Godzilla yet?

Clipper Nation
05-31-2014, 11:43 PM
None the less, Kobe>Tim right now, and you know everywhere outside this forum knows it.
Just because Media has brainwashed casual fans into thinking Kirby > Tim doesn't mean Kirby is actually anywhere near Timmy's level :lol

Juggity
05-31-2014, 11:43 PM
Arguments in favor of Kobe as "player of the generation" are purely emotional arguments

ElNono
05-31-2014, 11:46 PM

:lmao

midnightpulp
05-31-2014, 11:47 PM
You my nigga, but losing back to back finals is not going to help his case. It will only cement Kobe>Duncan, I know its hard to accept, like Lebron about to surpass Kobe, but you gotta accept facts no matter how hard it is.

How would a 37/38 year old player, near the end of his career, making two Finals in a row (and being 28 seconds away from a 5th title and 4th Finals MVP) hurt his legacy? If Duncan was ringless and still in his prime, definitely. But at this point, deep playoff runs are gravy for his legacy.

Personally, last year's Finals boosted Duncan's legend. 27 and 14.5 on 54% shooting in the Finals two road closeout games, at 37 years old.

"But the missed layup."

We know that's not where the game/series was lost. Danny Green went 1-12 in game 7. And MVParker did his usual disappearing act scoring 10 points on 3-12 shooting.

ezau
05-31-2014, 11:48 PM

Agree with this, tbh. That's why this Finals series against the Heat is legacy-defining for Tim Duncan.

midnightpulp
05-31-2014, 11:54 PM
Agree with this, tbh. That's why this Finals series against the Heat is legacy-defining for Tim Duncan.

Nah. Once you win 2 or more titles as the lead dog, you're legacy is set. Lebron, Kobe, Duncan, Wade, they could choke for the rest of their careers and their status wouldn't take a hit. They're freerolling and their respective legacies can only become greater.

If any Spur's legacy is on the line, it's Enrique's.

HI-FI
05-31-2014, 11:56 PM
That's retarded tbh.

Kobe's legacy will be sharted on even more as time goes on.

Duncan is like one of Pop's fine wines. Even if the Spurs can't beat the Heat, it says more about the shittiness of the East and a group of superstars joining forces then it does about Duncan.

ezau
05-31-2014, 11:59 PM
Nah. Once you win 2 or more titles as the lead dog, you're legacy is set. Lebron, Kobe, Duncan, Wade, they could choke for the rest of their careers and their status wouldn't take a hit. They're freerolling and their respective legacies can only become greater.

If any Spur's legacy is on the line, it's Enrique's.

If he wins this year, there's no question that TD is top-5 all time. If he loses, Lebron's legacy will simply increase and TD will drop a little bit.

spurraider21
06-01-2014, 12:00 AM
Would love for Manu to get a finals MVP, though Duncan getting his 4th wold put him in a different tier. gna be a battle

Infinite_limit
06-01-2014, 12:01 AM
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/writers/steve_aschburner/10/30/duncan.kareem/p1.td.jpg

Infinite_limit
06-01-2014, 12:13 AM
Playing on the Lakers also hurts Kobe's legacy. Can we really put the 4th or 5th Greatest Laker above the Greatest PF ever?

SupremeGuy
06-01-2014, 12:23 AM
Just doing once in a generation things, tbh.

Arnold Toht
06-01-2014, 12:30 AM
As long as he doesn't ring, it's still Kobe.

LkrFan
06-01-2014, 12:42 AM

So are you. If Mailman had 4 rings...

midnightpulp
06-01-2014, 12:51 AM

But Karl Malone is statistically inferior to Duncan, and was nowhere near the defender. His FG% dropped from .516 in the regular season to .463 in the post season, and he has more chokejobs than we can count.

Stat whoring your PPG during the regular season isn't really all that impressive. Dirk, KG, Barkley, are all better PFs.

spurraider21
06-01-2014, 12:58 AM
you have it backwards. if mailman was better, he'd have rings

LkrFan
06-01-2014, 12:59 AM
But Karl Malone is statistically inferior to Duncan, and was nowhere near the defender. His FG% dropped from .516 in the regular season to .463 in the post season, and he has more chokejobs than we can count.

Stat whoring your PPG during the regular season isn't really all that impressive. Dirk, KG, Barkley, are all better PFs.
Took you 20 minutes to research all of that. :lol

Mailman = 25/10 over 19 years.
Duncan = 19/11 over 17 years.

:downspin:

LkrFan
06-01-2014, 01:00 AM
you have it backwards. if mailman was better, he'd have rings
Pop >>>>>>>>>>> Sloan. He's had Pop on his sideline the whole time. Big difference.

Infinite_limit
06-01-2014, 01:03 AM
Ginobili > Hornacek

100%duncan
06-01-2014, 01:08 AM
M:loll:loln:lol

spurraider21
06-01-2014, 01:11 AM
Pop >>>>>>>>>>> Sloan. He's had Pop on his sideline the whole time. Big difference.
so you disagree with the premise that if malone was better, they'd have a ring?

dg7md
06-01-2014, 05:26 AM
I have never understood this Kobe vs. Duncan stuff. They have their spots on the echelon of greatest players of this generation, it's too insane to compare them to one another in almost every facet because their games are entirely different. Kobe = Duncan in my opinion, at their respective positions in terms of dominance. If Duncan does or doesn't get 5 or more, it doesn't really change anything in my opinion.

Duncan >> Malone though. In every single way.

Thebesteva
06-01-2014, 05:33 AM
I have never understood this Kobe vs. Duncan stuff. They have their spots on the echelon of greatest players of this generation, it's too insane to compare them to one another in almost every facet because their games are entirely different. Kobe = Duncan in my opinion, at their respective positions in terms of dominance. If Duncan does or doesn't get 5 or more, it doesn't really change anything in my opinion.

Duncan >> Malone though. In every single way.

Its a rivalry started by Spurs fans. You dont see people passionately debating MJ V Bill Russell. Spurs fans never ending obsession with Kobe, because only in their eyes is it insanity to have Kobe surpass him.

dg7md
06-01-2014, 05:35 AM
Its a rivalry started by Spurs fans. You dont see people passionately debating MJ V Bill Russell. Spurs fans never ending obsession with Kobe, because only in their eyes is it insanity to have Kobe surpass him.

Well, I've never been a part of it. I've always respected the Lakers organization and our many battles throughout history, I have no ill will towards the franchise or Kobe.

TDMVPDPOY
06-01-2014, 05:46 AM
Took you 20 minutes to research all of that. :lol

Mailman = 25/10 over 19 years.
Duncan = 19/11 over 17 years.

once again with the volume stat players, u might as well chuck in all the goats who have volume stats against tds stats...

td doesnt need to put up monster stats and still g ets the win...

FkLA
06-01-2014, 06:25 AM

What's fucking sad is most casual fans actually agree with this bullshit. The Lakers were a successful franchise before Kobe and will be after Kobe, be it bc of location or the tradition they have built. OTOH wtf did San Antonio have going for them before Timmy? Nothing. Cant believe people actually think winning 5 in LA is more impressive than winning 4 in fucking San Antonio. You cant tell me if he hadnt forced his way to the winningest franchise in basketball that Kobe wouldve won 4 much less 5 in a smaller city/franchise like the Hornets. Thats without even mentioning the fact that Timmy has 2 MVPs and 3 FMVPs to Kobe's 1 and 2.

Franklin
06-01-2014, 06:32 AM
We will always have cheap tacos and a huge population of fat people though, which just as you said is also due to location.

Thebesteva
06-01-2014, 06:44 AM
What's fucking sad is most casual fans actually agree with this bullshit. The Lakers were a successful franchise before Kobe and will be after Kobe, be it bc of location or the tradition they have built. OTOH wtf did San Antonio have going for them before Timmy? Nothing. Cant believe people actually think winning 5 in LA is more impressive than winning 4 in fucking San Antonio. You cant tell me if he hadnt forced his way to the winningest franchise in basketball that Kobe wouldve won 4 much less 5 in a smaller city/franchise like the Hornets. Thats without even mentioning the fact that Timmy has 2 MVPs and 3 FMVPs to Kobe's 1 and 2.

A lot of fans, including many in LA think Tim is a legend because he is. If he wins this year, its not even a debate he will have surpassed Kobe, I call it like I see it. However, I just think the fact Kobe 3peated and 2peated is what does it for me over Tim's inability to repeat. He had so many opportunities to repeat and he couldn't. That shit is not acceptable as the greatest of his generation in the FUCKING NBA! This isnt the NFL where repeating is a rariety, its the NBA. It doesnt mean he isnt a once in a generation player, but the guy's resume has some holes. However, I agree, had he played in LA with Phil he would be the best given the team they would have built in LA + the officiating.

Also, the whole thing about Kobe having Pau is pathetic, obviously you need someone with all star abilities much like how Tim had Parker and Ginobli as well as Robinson.

DAF86
06-01-2014, 06:52 AM
Kobe: 2 championships as the alpha male in the biggest NBA team.
Duncan: 4 championships as the alpha male in the 3rd smallest market in the NBA.

There's really no comparisson that could be made.

FkLA
06-01-2014, 06:55 AM
A lot of fans, including many in LA think Tim is a legend because he is. If he wins this year, its not even a debate he will have surpassed Kobe, I call it like I see it. However, I just think the fact Kobe 3peated and 2peated is what does it for me over Tim's inability to repeat. He had so many opportunities to repeat and he couldn't. That shit is not acceptable as the greatest of his generation in the FUCKING NBA! This isnt the NFL where repeating is a rariety, its the NBA. It doesnt mean he isnt a once in a generation player, but the guy's resume has some holes. However, I agree, had he played in LA with Phil he would be the best given the team they would have built in LA + the officiating.

Also, the whole thing about Kobe having Pau is pathetic, obviously you need someone with all star abilities much like how Tim had Parker and Ginobli as well as Robinson.

The Lakers 3peated and repeated, not Kobe. Something they had done before him and will likely do after him. The 3peat isnt even his to claim yet the media and casual fan always ignores that.

'Oh he only needs one to catch MJ'...seriously? When the fuck did MJ play second fiddle to anyone or even 1b to anyone? I'll fuck around with MVPau crap, but yeah obviously Gasol wasnt the best player on those teams. Kobe was and its ridiculous for anyone to actually think he wasnt but its just as ridiculous for all his fanboys/media to think he was during 00-02.

FkLA
06-01-2014, 06:58 AM
I mean seriously using ring counts is just stupid if you think about it. You're not analyzing the circumstances these players are thrown into. You're basically saying yeah Kobe was put into the best possible situation and Timmy wasnt, but who gives a fuck about that...all that matters is 5>4. Same with LeBron and the shitty ass situation he was thrown into in Cleveland.

LkrFan
06-01-2014, 07:32 AM
What's fucking sad is most casual fans actually agree with this bullshit. The Lakers were a successful franchise before Kobe and will be after Kobe, be it bc of location or the tradition they have built. OTOH wtf did San Antonio have going for them before Timmy? Nothing. Cant believe people actually think winning 5 in LA is more impressive than winning 4* in fucking San Antonio. You cant tell me if he hadnt forced his way to the winningest franchise in basketball that Kobe wouldve won 4 much less 5 in a smaller city/franchise like the Hornets. Thats without even mentioning the fact that Timmy has 2 MVPs and 3 FMVPs to Kobe's 1 and 2.
FIFY - that's why. :lol

LkrFan
06-01-2014, 07:34 AM
"Player of his generation" schooling a 68% (at best) Ibaka in the clutch. 100% Ibaka plays volleyball with Tammy's 4th quarter shot attempt. These are things we've historically known. This performance deserves an *:lol

LkrFan
06-01-2014, 07:40 AM
once again with the volume stat players, u might as well chuck in all the goats who have volume stats against tds stats...

td doesnt need to put up monster stats and still g ets the win...
Tammy's stats are even that good because he's made a career feasting on 6'8" players (in shoes) and he was entered into Stern's referee witness protection program. Otherwise, he's Brad Daughterty. :lol

Muser
06-01-2014, 07:40 AM
When Duncan gets his 5th that argument will be moot tbh.

And Malone was a choking, pedophile faggot.

Muser
06-01-2014, 07:44 AM
Saying retarded things isn't trolling, you just look retarded.

LkrFan
06-01-2014, 07:47 AM
Saying retarded things isn't trolling, you just look retarded.
You saying Duncan wasn't protected? If so I disagree. You saying he wasn't guarded by 6'8" PFs that he towered over for at least 90% of his career? If so I disagree. :downspin:

ezau
06-01-2014, 07:47 AM
I don't really understand this comparison between Kobe and Duncan because they play different positions. Both players are legends, and I see them being ranked 1A and 1B from 1990s to 200s. I do believe that Kobe is ranked slightly higher than Duncan because of the number of rings and individual accolades, but I do expect many basketball fans would eventually rank Duncan over Kobe if he ends up ringing this year. To me, this series is legacy-defining for Tim Duncan. A win will most likely catapult him to Top 5 all-time, and a loss would further solidify Lebron's ascent in the Top 10. We have two weeks to find out the answer.

LkrFan
06-01-2014, 07:49 AM
I don't really understand this comparison between Kobe and Duncan because they play different positions. Both players are legends, and I see them being ranked 1A and 1B from 1990s to 200s. I do believe that Kobe is ranked slightly higher than Duncan because of the number of rings and individual accolades, but I do expect many basketball fans would eventually rank Duncan over Kobe if he ends up ringing this year. To me, this series is legacy-defining for Tim Duncan. A win will most likely catapult him to Top 5 all-time, and a loss would further solidify Lebron's ascent in the Top 10. We have two weeks to find out the answer.
:rollin :lmao :rollin

ezau
06-01-2014, 07:50 AM
:rollin :lmao :rollin

Laker fan talking about basketball:lol

LkrFan
06-01-2014, 07:52 AM
Laker fan talking about basketball:lol
Nobody in their right mind would put Duncan in the top 5. -10 points s:loln

ezau
06-01-2014, 07:53 AM
Nobody in their right mind would put Duncan in the top 5. -10 points s:loln

Whatever you say my nigga:lol

Muser
06-01-2014, 07:56 AM
You saying Duncan wasn't protected? If so I disagree.

All of the star players in the league get calls, so that's irrelevant.

You saying he wasn't guarded by 6'8" PFs that he towered over for at least 90% of his career? If so I disagree. :downspin:

"Saying retarded shit isn't trolling etc etc."

1999 - Knicks have Marcus Camby & Patrick Ewing, both around 7 Feet tall
2003 - Nets have Mutombo, Jason Collins (:lol) both over 7 feet tall
2005 - Pistons have Rasheed & Ben Wallace, one of the most formidable defensive pairings of recent memory, as you should know.
2007 - :lol Cavaliers

TDMVPDPOY
06-01-2014, 07:59 AM
lkrfan talkin shit

the same opponents lakers face in the finals that the spurs face, yeh keep on sugarcoating those opponents

Muser
06-01-2014, 08:00 AM
I agree that Duncan isn't top 5 though. if he wins number 5 then he's cemented in the top 10, around 7/8.

IF (and it's a big if) he wins a 6th then you can make a case for top 5.

LkrFan
06-01-2014, 08:47 AM
All of the star players in the league get calls, so that's irrelevant.

"Saying retarded shit isn't trolling etc etc."

1999 - Knicks have Marcus Camby & Patrick Ewing, both around 7 Feet tall
2003 - Nets have Mutombo, Jason Collins (:lol) both over 7 feet tall
2005 - Pistons have Rasheed & Ben Wallace, one of the most formidable defensive pairings of recent memory, as you should know.
2007 - :lol Cavaliers
:lol - Ewing was 37 in '99
:lol - Mutumbo was 37 in '03
:lol - Shaq weighed 1,962 lbs in '03
:lol - Jason Collins
:lol - mentioning Camby -10 points son
:lol - 2005 is your only legit title
:lol - in 2007 The Hipcheck! happened
:lol - Pop vs. Potato Head in the Finals

Only legit title: '05. The other 3 get an *PERI:lolD

06-01-2014, 09:05 AM

:downspin::lol - Timmy got injured in 2000
:lol - DRob got injured in 2001
:lol - Refgate happened in 2002
:lol - getting cucked by Tayshaun Prince
:lol - MVPau for Kwame Brown
:lol - no legit titles in the last 20 years

They all get an *PERI:lolD

:downspin

Clipper Nation
06-01-2014, 09:08 AM
....he would still be a pedo choker faggot who got spoonfed by Stockton :lol

pgardn
06-01-2014, 09:09 AM

Most laker fans need help with their arguments...

Just say Jordan, fool...

pgardn
06-01-2014, 09:10 AM
The mailmans stint with LA was funny though.

Clipper Nation
06-01-2014, 09:11 AM
Kobe: 0 championships as the alpha male in the biggest NBA team.
Duncan: 4 championships as the alpha male in the 3rd smallest market in the NBA.

There's really no comparisson that could be made.
fify

pgardn
06-01-2014, 09:14 AM
Props to the OP

The title has enraged lakerfan
lakerfan has so much to look forward to while Kobe chases HIS record...
Don't let a playoff run get in Kobe's way.

midnightpulp
06-01-2014, 09:48 AM
Damn, Lkrfan, you're mad.

Malik Hairston
06-01-2014, 10:03 AM
I used to partake in these arguments, but from what I've learned the past few years of being on the Internet and the advancement of "new-era" NBA writers, Duncan will always be considered behind Kobe through the "old media" and casual fan, but at least 90% of the "new" NBA writers(Grantland, etc) and hardcore fans have him ahead of Kobe..

If you use quantifiable metrics, there's really not much of an argument, tbh..

With that being said, all Kobe fans should cheer for the Spurs in this series,.the media and casual fan will never discuss Duncan, even if he ends up with 6 rings, so they won't even be compared through that outlet, but if Lebron 3-peats, Kobe becomes a footnote IMO, he won't be remembered nearly as much as he would have, pre-Lebron dominance..

jeebus
06-01-2014, 10:15 AM
lakerfans getting their shit pushed in in this thread. a big dropoff from a couple years ago tbh.

midnightpulp
06-01-2014, 10:39 AM
I used to partake in these arguments, but from what I've learned the past few years of being on the Internet and the advancement of "new-era" NBA writers, Duncan will always be considered behind Kobe through the "old media" and casual fan, but at least 90% of the "new" NBA writers(Grantland, etc) and hardcore fans have him ahead of Kobe..

With that being said, all Kobe fans should cheer for the Spurs in this series,.the media and casual fan will never discuss Duncan, even if he ends up with 6 rings, so they won't even be compared through that outlet, but if Lebron 3-peats, Kobe becomes a footnote IMO, he won't be remembered nearly as much as he would have, pre-Lebron dominance..

Yep.

It's what I've been telling them. Lebron is the bigger villain for Kobefan.

TDMVPDPOY
06-01-2014, 10:55 AM
player of his generation went through shaq and lebron

so what did player of the so decade is doing? oh at home rubbing that man monkey donkey cum on his achilles...

ambchang
06-01-2014, 11:03 AM
Kobe over Duncan is a retarded take.

When you evaluate their entire careers, Kobe's just a healthy tmac with dominant bigs. He's am Allen iverson with a longer prime.

Duncan's only competition is shaq.

Muser
06-01-2014, 11:19 AM

What does age have to do with it? Your initial point was everyone who guarded Duncan was 6'8" or shorter, I just showed you that was incorrect.

spurraider21
06-01-2014, 01:00 PM
:cry the hipcheck. horry committed a dirty play and got suspended for 2 games. don't tell me he went professor x on the suns and forced their players onto the floor :lol

Robz4000
06-01-2014, 01:22 PM
I agree that Duncan isn't top 5 though. if he wins number 5 then he's cemented in the top 10, around 7/8.

IF (and it's a big if) he wins a 6th then you can make a case for top 5.

He's already cemented in the top 10. If he rings this year and gets FMVP he has a case for being Top 5.

spurraider21
06-01-2014, 01:24 PM
He's already cemented in the top 10. If he rings this year and gets FMVP he has a case for being Top 5.
it depends if people insist on Russell and Wilt being top 3 players tbh

Robz4000
06-01-2014, 01:26 PM
it depends if people insist on Russell and Wilt being top 3 players tbh

Really hard to rank them due to the differing eras. They put up video game stats but generally played like men amongst Cobblers.

Muser
06-01-2014, 01:30 PM
Still have to rate Wilt and Russell in the top 5 IMO.

Mugen
06-01-2014, 01:36 PM

Pretty much. The only place where Duncan/Kobe is heavily discussed is Spurstalk. Most new age fans already have LeBron on par with Kirby, if not better. A threepeat for James seals it.

Mugen
06-01-2014, 01:38 PM

:lol You don't think Tim, Shaq, or Hakeem could have dominated a predominantly white NBA w/ like 10 teams and 6-7 future HOFers as teammates?

Props to Wilt and Russell for being born earlier tbh.

Infinite_limit
06-01-2014, 01:44 PM
To me, Russell is a current day Ibaka. If he established a consistent 18 foot jumper then I see his ceiling as being KG.

Wilt revolutionzied the sport so I think he would be dominant in every ERA.

If Duncan wins next week, he will replace Russell @ #6. I don't believe he can climb any higher.

Muser
06-01-2014, 01:46 PM
I can't ignore Russell's 11 rings, shitty league or not that has to count for a lot.

spurraider21
06-01-2014, 01:46 PM
To me, Russell is a current day Ibaka. If he established a consistent 18 foot jumper then I see his ceiling as being KG.

Wilt revolutionzied the sport so I think he would be dominant in every ERA.

If Duncan wins next week, he will replace Russell @ #6. I don't believe he can climb any higher.
who are your top 5?

either way, the notion that a player "can't climb any higher" is absurd. if a player adds accomplishments, he can always move up

Infinite_limit
06-01-2014, 02:00 PM
who are your top 5?

either way, the notion that a player "can't climb any higher" is absurd. if a player adds accomplishments, he can always move up
I have the standard MJ, Bird, Magic, Wilt, Kareem. Russell is last because his accomplishments were defensive based (6 foot 10, 215 pounds) and Leadership. Wilt was 3 inches and 60 pounds larger, he would be able to hold his own if not still dominate

I just don't think Duncan any longer plays enough of a central role to significantly move up in the rankings. It would take a Finals MVP because regular season MVP is at this point doubtful.

I guess the golden question is, Who do people have @ #5? Most probably Bird. I'd say him or Magic.

spurraider21
06-01-2014, 02:03 PM
I have the standard MJ, Bird, Magic, Wilt, Kareem. Russell is last because his accomplishments were defensive based (6 foot 10, 215 pounds) and Leadership. Wilt was 3 inches and 60 pounds larger, he would be able to hold his own if not still dominate

I just don't think Duncan any longer plays enough of a central role to significantly move up in the rankings. It would take a Finals MVP because regular season MVP is at this point doubtful.

I guess the golden question is, Who do people have @ #5? Most probably Bird. I'd say him or Magic.
:lol one post ago you literally just said Russell is a current day Ibaka and if he developed a jumper he would be Garnett. And you have this guy ranked as the 5th best player of all time?

Duncan easily already has an argument over Bird, and adding another chip would just make it stronger

Infinite_limit
06-01-2014, 02:21 PM
:lol one post ago you literally just said Russell is a current day Ibaka and if he developed a jumper he would be Garnett. And you have this guy ranked as the 5th best player of all time?

Duncan easily already has an argument over Bird, and adding another chip would just make it stronger
I have Bill @ 6th. If you judge simply by accomplishments, then Bill is probably #1

11 x Champ
5 x MVP

But I have to judge in relation to his ERA. I think dropping him to 6th is fair.

spurraider21
06-01-2014, 02:26 PM
I have Bill @ 6th. If you judge simply by accomplishments, then Bill is probably #1

11 x Champ
5 x MVP

But I have to judge in relation to his ERA. I think dropping him to 6th is fair.
if you judge by team accomplishments, sure. Russell had 47 seasons worth of hall of fame teammates in a 13 year career

LkrFan
06-01-2014, 03:37 PM
:lol - Timmy got injured in 2000
:lol - DRob got injured in 2001
:lol - Refgate happened in 2002
:lol - getting cucked by Tayshaun Prince
:lol - MVPau for Kwame Brown
:lol - no legit titles in the last 20 years

They all get an *PERI:lolD

FIFY - :lol

06-01-2014, 03:39 PM
FIFY - :lolThanks :lol

Arcadian
06-01-2014, 04:28 PM
There is nothing Kobe can do to have a better legacy than Duncan. That contest is over. Duncan > Kobe, no questions asked.

As midnight said, everything he does now is just gravy.

ElNono
06-01-2014, 04:38 PM
Why is Kobe being crow-barred in this discussion, tbh?

This isn't a Pippen vs Kobe thread...

Infinite_limit
06-02-2014, 01:45 AM
Eddie Jones > Kobe

LkrFan
06-02-2014, 02:24 AM
Why is Kobe being crow-barred in this discussion, tbh?

This isn't a Pippen vs Kobe thread...
:lol

midnightpulp
06-05-2014, 10:43 PM
:hat

DAF86
06-05-2014, 10:46 PM
21 and 10 on 90% shooting at thirtyfuckingeight. :lol

Brazil
06-05-2014, 10:59 PM
21 and 10 on 90% shooting at thirtyfuckingeight. :lol

At 100F with no cramps tbh

Arcadian
06-05-2014, 11:53 PM
The Emperor of Double Doubles

Specifically, the Emperor of 20 points, 10 boards, 3 assists (his career numbers)

Nathan89
06-06-2014, 12:29 AM
:worthy:

100%duncan
06-06-2014, 04:43 AM
The greatest of his generation tbh :lol

ElNono
06-12-2014, 11:11 PM

ElNono
06-12-2014, 11:17 PM
Tim Duncan passes Kareem for most minutes in NBA Playoffs (http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24586579/tim-duncan-passes-kareem-abdul-jabbar-for-most-playoff-minutes)

lefty
06-12-2014, 11:20 PM
:lol Magic
:lol Kareem
:lol Lakers

ElNono
06-15-2014, 11:25 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BqOVyzgCIAAu6e8.jpg:large

midnightpulp
06-15-2014, 11:26 PM
And The Client...

Redeemed. Just amazing.

Nathan89
06-15-2014, 11:27 PM
:cry

Splits
06-23-2014, 09:24 AM
As long as he doesn't ring, it's still Kobe.

And now?

Bill_Brasky
06-23-2014, 10:29 AM
And now?

That's 5 talkin'.

TDMVPDPOY
06-23-2014, 10:42 AM
a question for kirby fans

when he went colorado, was he part of train...

actually was he first in line or somewhere behind or last in line?...if its the later, player of the decade is doing decadent things nothing to see here...

ps. who would use another mans semen as lube besides kirbs?

Kool Bob Love
08-04-2014, 11:05 AM
http://youtu.be/zuoeVpQtKEM

baseline bum
08-04-2014, 11:37 AM
http://youtu.be/zuoeVpQtKEM

That dreamshake on Jordan.

Thread
08-04-2014, 11:43 AM
^Nothing compared to Amy's shake. tee, hee.

baseline bum
08-04-2014, 11:54 AM
^Nothing compared to Amy's shake. tee, hee.

Duncan 5
Tired old shitbag Bryant 5

Thread
08-04-2014, 11:55 AM
Duncan 5

The Bag stays in Texas.

baseline bum
08-04-2014, 11:56 AM
The Bag stays in Texas.

Duncan 5

spurraider21
08-04-2014, 12:05 PM
The O'Brien stays in Texas.

baseline bum
08-04-2014, 12:08 PM
lmvictoriousao!!

Cubby didn't reply within 10 minutes, so once again loses the Giuseppe Rodeo

Thread
08-04-2014, 12:39 PM
Duncan 5

The Bag stays in Texas.

spurraider21
08-04-2014, 12:41 PM
The Bag stays in Texas.
The LOB is a bag?

TDMVPDPOY
08-04-2014, 12:56 PM
cant wait till this clown retires

the white man will be waiting for him, scheming how to get this clown like they did with OJ...

Thread
08-04-2014, 12:59 PM
^& you're gonna shit and fall back in it.

Thread
08-04-2014, 01:00 PM
The LOB is a bag?

Don't be cute, 21.

spurraider21
08-04-2014, 01:01 PM
Don't be cute, 21.
the guy gossiping like a teenage girl is telling me not to be cute :lol

Kool Bob Love
08-04-2014, 01:37 PM
Don't be cute, 21.
Tired Old Shitbag Bryant

~O~
08-04-2014, 01:39 PM
\http://thesportsdump.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/dwight-howard-loyalty-t-shirt.jpg

LOL

Anyway..Five bitches hoes and pimps.

midnightpulp
04-10-2015, 09:58 PM
:wow 29, 10, 4 blocks on 12-15 shooting against Dwert, and in a game where Kawhi was struggling a bit and Danny and Tony were non-existent. The game was also on the road and a win the Spurs absolutely needed.

Tim Duncan

Killakobe81
04-10-2015, 09:59 PM
:wow 29, 10, 4 blocks on 12-15 shooting against Dwert, and in a game where Kawhi was struggling a bit and Danny and Tony were non-existent. The game was also on the road and a win the Spurs absolutely needed.

Tim Duncan

Great game but that block was a foul. But glad McHale and and Howard lost

midnightpulp
04-10-2015, 10:00 PM
And let's not forget the 2 clutch FTs and the block on Beard.

midnightpulp
04-10-2015, 10:01 PM
Great game but that block was a foul. But glad McHale and and Howard lost

Expecting NBA refs to call anything short of bloody murder at the end of the game. :lol

Killakobe81
04-10-2015, 10:02 PM
Expecting NBA refs to call anything short of bloody murder at the end of the game. :lol

I don't care like I said I wanted y'all to win but that was a clear foul at the rim ...would love to see the clutch fan meltdown tbh ...

Clipper Nation
04-10-2015, 10:19 PM
I don't care like I said I wanted y'all to win but that was a clear foul at the rim ...would love to see the clutch fan meltdown tbh ...

It was clean. When even Harden wasn't crying for a foul, you know there was nothing to blow the whistle for :lol

Brazil
04-10-2015, 10:21 PM
Block was clean tbh

manufan10
04-10-2015, 10:21 PM

ambchang
04-10-2015, 10:33 PM
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=12665915

Seems to be all ball. The follow through may have touched hardens wrists by the shot was already blocked at that point.

manufan10
04-10-2015, 10:35 PM

gambit1990
04-10-2015, 10:54 PM
the old man preventing an MVP from winning a game? :toast

Wildcat67
04-10-2015, 10:59 PM

This is only relevant if you don't block the shot. That is talking about hitting a shooters arm after the ball has left his hand.

Killakobe81
04-10-2015, 11:03 PM
Maybe it was clean but who Cares the good guys won

Thread
04-10-2015, 11:12 PM
^& Houston had no rights to it, the victory. They piss around year in---year out. Couldn't even get up off the mat after disgracing themselves in San Antonio. No, uh, uh, I fuckin' knew they'd fail tonite. Knew it. Now? Oh, fuck they'll play gangbusters now. It's like how good you feel after you've thrown up. That's how they'll be now.

Malik Hairston
04-10-2015, 11:35 PM
It doesn't even make sense that Duncan is still this good at his age, tbh..

MultiTroll
04-10-2015, 11:36 PM
Who are these faggots? "Hard to tell if Duncan got ball from the freeze-frames"
http://i.imgur.com/EluthJ1.jpg

Thread
04-10-2015, 11:38 PM
It doesn't even make sense that Duncan is still this good at his age, tbh..

..though he did screw up there with Amy and it cost him 1. We'd be remiss if we forgot that.

Malik Hairston
04-10-2015, 11:38 PM
..though he did screw up there with Amy and it cost him 1. We'd be remiss if we forgot that.

He'll get another 1 this year, Cul, with the new girl and haircut..

UZER
04-10-2015, 11:49 PM

:lol Cubby posting from shutter island

DMC
04-11-2015, 01:15 AM
Cause God knows Harden never got awarded a foul that didn't actually happen.

The Reckoning
04-11-2015, 01:17 AM
the top-down camera angle clearly shows duncan getting a solid block

Killakobe81
04-11-2015, 02:13 AM
^& Houston had no rights to it, the victory. They piss around year in---year out. Couldn't even get up off the mat after disgracing themselves in San Antonio. No, uh, uh, I fuckin' knew they'd fail tonite. Knew it. Now? Oh, fuck they'll play gangbusters now. It's like how good you feel after you've thrown up. That's how they'll be now.

Rox are back where they 5th seed at best. Props to Harden for polishing a turd in to a #2 seed for most of the year.

Thread
04-11-2015, 04:40 AM
^He let his mouth overload his ass. He was going to assume the mantle in Howard absence. He was going to change their fortune.

was

Splits
04-11-2015, 08:24 AM
:lol no ball

http://i.imgur.com/6lWzVye.gifv

Clean as fuck block. Duncan is just the fucking man, :lmao 39 years old and dropping ridiculous lines like 29/10 with 3 blocks including the game winner in the biggest game of the season. Ho hum.

Thread
04-11-2015, 09:53 AM
^Beats lettin' Amy take his cookie---I'll admit that.

unleashbaynes
04-11-2015, 10:18 AM
harden actually tried to push off and still got packed tbh