PDA

View Full Version : shaq calling out brooks coaching

ducks
05-31-2014, 11:05 PM
no plays late in the 4

Seventyniner
05-31-2014, 11:11 PM
Not to mention burning all his timeouts too early.

FromWayDowntown
05-31-2014, 11:23 PM
I thought by halftime that what we saw play out in OT might happen to them. At halftime, those guys had taken 40 shots as a team and 36 of them were from the 4 dudes who had all of their points. It seemed likely at the time that those 4 guys would be so spent from that burden (if it continued) that in a late-and-tight situation, jump shots (as Barkley might say) just wouldn't fall. It continued throughout the entire game, as it turns out: Durant/Ibaka/Jackson/Westbrook took 76 of their 82 shots in Game 6. As the game wore on, those shots got more and more difficult and if they hadn't gotten to the line 18 times in the 4th, I suspect their percentage in that quarter would have even more certainly reflected that. When it mattered most in OT, they made 1 FG.

I get that those are their best dudes and that was an elimination game, but if you're coaching that team, you've got to find shots for other guys and get them involved. It's pretty absurd that Brooks either doesn't feel there's value in trying to make that happen or that he's incapable of making his team play that way.

And the idea that his team is as reliant on the FT line as he says they are is pretty telling of his struggles to find ways for an incredibly talented group to maintain offense without outside help.

It's scary that the Thunder might finally realize that if they want to get over the hump, a coaching change is likely their best bet to make that happen.

ducks
05-31-2014, 11:25 PM
yeah 3 years of this same stuff

surprised fisher did not saw something

SanDiegoSpursFan
Brooks is a problem, but the Spurs didn't really run shit near the end either. Sometimes the players gotta win the games, and OKC has like 2 decent players outside of their stars.

Mugen
I'm a huge Scotty Brooks fan tbh.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
05-31-2014, 11:26 PM
Dude the worse was him actually stating OKC needed to get to the ft line in his interview before the 4th. How about hitting shots you ass clown. Lost all respect for him, had just a little left.

exstatic
05-31-2014, 11:30 PM

:lol He's fucking AWFUL. He rolls the balls out at practice. That's it.

Malik Hairston
05-31-2014, 11:31 PM
He's one of the 3-5 worst coaches in the league, but Shaq's a moron, tbh:lol..

Mugen
05-31-2014, 11:31 PM

Exactly.

100%duncan
05-31-2014, 11:32 PM
"We gotta get to the freethrow line"

RD2191
05-31-2014, 11:33 PM
Exactly.
The Thunder would probably be champs by now if their coach wasn't a borderline tard. tbh

mando6599
05-31-2014, 11:33 PM
Exactly.

Oh, I see what you did there, Mugen! HeeHee!

spurs10
05-31-2014, 11:34 PM
Dude the worse was him actually stating OKC needed to get to the ft line in his interview before the 4th. How about hitting shots you ass clown. Lost all respect for him, had just a little left. :toast

thiste
05-31-2014, 11:34 PM
yeah 3 years of this same stuff

surprised fisher did not saw something

?

http://www.galoototron.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/bookshelf_sawing_glued_panel.jpg

FvckMavs
05-31-2014, 11:36 PM
I hope he keeps his job for the next 10 years.

Ron Swanson
05-31-2014, 11:36 PM

Yep. I hope OKC keeps him around.

pgardn
05-31-2014, 11:37 PM
So he leaves old stinky fish out there for mismatch after mismatch because he can't coach the other 4.

The guy is pitiful, and I hope OKC never realizes it.

Seriously Fisher in so much of the 4th and the entire overtime?

Captivus
05-31-2014, 11:40 PM
I thought by halftime that what we saw play out in OT might happen to them. At halftime, those guys had taken 40 shots as a team and 36 of them were from the 4 dudes who had all of their points. It seemed likely at the time that those 4 guys would be so spent from that burden (if it continued) that in a late-and-tight situation, jump shots (as Barkley might say) just wouldn't fall. It continued throughout the entire game, as it turns out: Durant/Ibaka/Jackson/Westbrook took 76 of their 82 shots in Game 6. As the game wore on, those shots got more and more difficult and if they hadn't gotten to the line 18 times in the 4th, I suspect their percentage in that quarter would have even more certainly reflected that. When it mattered most in OT, they made 1 FG.

I get that those are their best dudes and that was an elimination game, but if you're coaching that team, you've got to find shots for other guys and get them involved. It's pretty absurd that Brooks either doesn't feel there's value in trying to make that happen or that he's incapable of making his team play that way.

And the idea that his team is as reliant on the FT line as he says they are is pretty telling of his struggles to find ways for an incredibly talented group to maintain offense without outside help.

It's scary that the Thunder might finally realize that if they want to get over the hump, a coaching change is likely their best bet to make that happen.

This.
I just cant believe Lamb and PJ3 dont have value to OKC.
Those guys would average a lot of minutes in the Spurs.
Its on Brooks, no doubt. No team in history has became a champion with 10 all stars...a team only has 2..maybe 3. OKS has3...and Jackson. If the coach uses the bench those 4, rested, are unstoppable.

I would feel bad if it was another team...but OKC...well...i dont like RW and KD...so...

And yes...this should be Brooks last game.

ducks
05-31-2014, 11:58 PM
no butler tonight

4down
05-31-2014, 11:59 PM
Yeah roll wit it Sammy

SupremeGuy
06-01-2014, 12:01 AM
Tbf, with Chimp and Beta, that's what they're used to.

weebo
06-01-2014, 12:09 AM

I think this team is already set in its ways. RW, KD, and to some extent RJ have the green light to take as many shots as they want. I think it would be difficult for them to become system players overnight. Only a coach with hardware would get their attention, otherwise it ain't happening.

baseline bum
06-01-2014, 12:14 AM
This.
I just cant believe Lamb and PJ3 dont have value to OKC.
Those guys would average a lot of minutes in the Spurs.
Its on Brooks, no doubt. No team in history has became a champion with 10 all stars...a team only has 2..maybe 3. OKS has3...and Jackson. If the coach uses the bench those 4, rested, are unstoppable.

I would feel bad if it was another team...but OKC...well...i dont like RW and KD...so...

And yes...this should be Brooks last game.

Lamb's a good player but Perry Jones is shit. Couldn't believe the hype he got at Baylor, as he looked like crap every time I watched them too. I remember when this guy was the top HS prospect in the nation. :lol

Captivus
06-01-2014, 08:58 AM
Lamb's a good player but Perry Jones is shit. Couldn't believe the hype he got at Baylor, as he looked like crap every time I watched them too. I remember when this guy was the top HS prospect in the nation. :lol

He was supposed to be a lottery pick before the knee thing.
Still, I think he can do more than what Brooks made him do....which is sitting on the bench.

ShoogarBear
06-01-2014, 09:04 AM
Lionel Hollins and Mark Jackson look at Brooks and go, "WTF?"

Malice
06-01-2014, 09:13 AM
He was supposed to be a lottery pick before the knee thing.
Still, I think he can do more than what Brooks made him do....which is sitting on the bench.

Problem is, the playoffs isnt the place to find out what you have in your bench or player tbh. Brooks fucked that up. Cause I agree, they are loaded with potential talent on that bench. Look at how many times Cojo started this year? And it payed off huge last night i think.

djohn2oo8
06-01-2014, 09:15 AM
Lamb is absolute ass.

xmas1997
06-01-2014, 09:16 AM
So will Fisher now retire and become the Knicks new head coach?
I worried he would catch fire the whole series.

Capt Bringdown
06-01-2014, 09:23 AM
Meh. It was a close game that could have gone either way. The ball bounces OKC's way and Brooks takes NBA legend Coach Pop to a 7th game.

BillMc
06-01-2014, 09:26 AM

Which is why we're fans of his. I want him to coach OKC for life. :hat

BillMc
06-01-2014, 09:27 AM
Problem is, the playoffs isnt the place to find out what you have in your bench or player tbh. Brooks fucked that up. Cause I agree, they are loaded with potential talent on that bench. Look at how many times Cojo started this year? And it payed off huge last night i think.

Their bench really could use someone like, I don't know, like...James Harden? :lol

pgardn
06-01-2014, 09:29 AM
Meh. It was a close game that could have gone either way. The ball bounces OKC's way and Brooks takes NBA legend Coach Pop to a 7th game.

The outcome does not change the fact Brooks can't integrate two of the top three players in the NBA to play as a team.
He ran those guys into the ground. Do you think it was just random they missed so many shots in OT?

Capt Bringdown
06-01-2014, 09:35 AM
The outcome does not change the fact Brooks can't integrate two of the top three players in the NBA to play as a team.
He ran those guys into the ground. Do you think it was just random they missed so many shots in OT?

I'm not a fan of Brooks obviously, but I do think that Durant and Westbrook are irresponsible chuckers at heart. They want to take every shot. You gotta wonder how coachable these cats are.

gospursgojas
06-01-2014, 09:40 AM
I watched alot of OKC ball this year and late in games when they need a score its almost ALWAYS iso for Durrant or WB. No passes, no play.
He may run a screen or 2 to get them the ball but after that you know whoever gets the ball is taking shot 1 on 1.

Horrible coach. And it sounded like he was trying to save job in his presser.

pgardn
06-01-2014, 09:40 AM
I'm not a fan of Brooks obviously, but I do think that Durant and Westbrook are irresponsible chuckers at heart. They want to take every shot. You gotta wonder how coachable these cats are.

They can't be coached by Brooks.
The bed is made.

It would take an old timer with skins on the wall. I hope they never realize this.

ChumpDumper
06-01-2014, 09:42 AM
I'm not a fan of Brooks obviously, but I do think that Durant and Westbrook are irresponsible chuckers at heart. They want to take every shot. You gotta wonder how coachable these cats are.I guess, but who is can be relied upon to score consistently?

It's the way the team has been built. For all the good Presti has done, he really has put all his eggs in the Durant/Westbrook basket when it comes to scoring.

mercos
06-01-2014, 09:47 AM
It will be crazy if he keeps his job with guys like George Karl and Jeff Van Gundy available. Brooks is not getting nearly enough out of the talent he has.

gospursgojas
06-01-2014, 10:00 AM
It will be crazy if he keeps his job with guys like George Karl and Jeff Van Gundy available. Brooks is not getting nearly enough out of the talent he has.

A George Karl coached OKC team is scary.

Imagine a Durrant, WB, Ibaka fast break all game long. He is also close to Pop and Phil on getting role players to play big.

baseline bum
06-01-2014, 11:07 AM
A George Karl coached OKC team is scary.

Imagine a Durrant, WB, Ibaka fast break all game long. He is also close to Pop and Phil on getting role players to play big.

And not be able to inbound the ball.

baseline bum
06-01-2014, 11:14 AM
Thank god Jerry Sloan isn't 10 years younger.

exstatic
06-01-2014, 11:26 AM

Well, you're half right.

RW TS% 54.5
KD TS% 63.5

Raven
06-01-2014, 12:07 PM

:tu

EVAY
06-01-2014, 12:16 PM
In the post-game presser he seemed to do a passive-aggressive 'throw-Durant-under-the-bus' when asked about Durant's 3 point attempt that went awry at the very end.

He said something to the effect of "Yeah, I would have thought he would have gone to the basket to get to the free throw line, but I trust Kevin and he thought he could make it".

When I heard that, I thought to myself "Wow, fella - way to reinforce your reliance on refs and second guess the MVP of the league".

Stabula
06-01-2014, 12:22 PM

QFT. Players like CoJo and Danny Green would probably rot on the bench if they played for a team like MethKC but on the Spurs Danny Green is a legit defensive minded starter and combines for the best starting defensive wing duo in the league with Leonard. CoJo inspired the Spurs in game 4 to take it straight to Ibaka and came out as a legit TP replacement when Tony was injured in game 6.