05-31-2014, 11:30 PM
Judging by their decisions in the past, trade the ol' sport

spurraider21
05-31-2014, 11:31 PM
their first order of business should be to fire brooks

mavsfan1000
05-31-2014, 11:47 PM
their first order of business should be to fire brooks
Or get a bench. A backup to Durant who can also be useful when they go small would be nice.

Clipper Nation
05-31-2014, 11:48 PM
:lol You really have to ask that question? Zero chance of cheapskate Bennett paying anybody....

midnightpulp
05-31-2014, 11:51 PM
Love Mr. October. He's been something of a Client of mine since he stepped up last year against the Griz.

Would trade Enrique for him straight up.

Won't work, though, since the Thunder would be getting the short end.

DMC
05-31-2014, 11:52 PM
They need to trade RW and put RJ at the point. Maybe in that format the MVP touches the ball in crucial moments of the game. I said it last year, Thunder are better without RW.

Malik Hairston
05-31-2014, 11:53 PM
Very solid player, tbh, despite being arguably the most hideous player in the NBA..

He's also unfazed by the moment, too, and a good defender( IIRC)..

Franklin
05-31-2014, 11:56 PM
bench scoring: 51-5 :lmao

spurraider21
05-31-2014, 11:58 PM
:cry bench doesn't matter deep in the playoffs

mavsfan1000
06-01-2014, 12:00 AM
They need to trade RW and put RJ at the point. Maybe in that format the MVP touches the ball in crucial moments of the game. I said it last year, Thunder are better without RW.
RW outplayed Durant though.

Clipper Nation
06-01-2014, 12:02 AM
They need to trade RW and put RJ at the point. Maybe in that format the MVP touches the ball in crucial moments of the game.

Maybe the "MVP" should stop being a pussy and demand the ball, then... not that he should get it, because Westbrook has been the better player this postseason and has always been the alpha....

Chris
06-01-2014, 12:04 AM

Either that, or move chucker to SG but I doubt his ego could handle it. Thunder need a pass first guard and some more role players to go all the way. I don't think Brooks is the problem. I believe a point guard can seriously undermine any kind of gameplan, and the chucker just can't help himself.

Clipper Nation
06-01-2014, 12:06 AM
I seriously don't get how anyone could watch the Thunder in the playoffs this year and conclude that Westbrook still needs to be traded.... too many gullible people on here willingly slurping up any narrative that Media feeds them, tbh....

The Batman
06-01-2014, 12:09 AM
I seriously don't get how anyone could watch the Thunder in the playoffs this year and conclude that Westbrook still needs to be traded.... too many gullible people on here willingly slurping up any narrative that Media feeds them, tbh....

He doesn't need to be traded but OKC would trade him over Durant. Its clear that they can't co exist due to Durant being beta.

mercos
06-01-2014, 12:11 AM
Jackson is good, but not great. If he can be resigned at a reasonable price, they should keep him. OKC's priority this offseason should be replacing their coach. There are plenty of good ones on the market.

mavsfan1000
06-01-2014, 12:11 AM
The starting lineup isn't a problem. It's the bench. Brooks destroyed the bench by putting Reggie Jackson in the starting lineup.

Chris
06-01-2014, 12:12 AM
Trading Harden :lol

DMC
06-01-2014, 12:17 AM
RW outplayed Durant though.

Under that system where RW is the alpha, you bet.

TDMVPDPOY
06-01-2014, 12:17 AM
if ur okc, u trade one of them now for anthony davis

Clipper Nation
06-01-2014, 12:19 AM
if ur okc, u trade one of them now for anthony davis

:lol Not even Dell Demps would trade Davis for Durbeta, tbh....

DMC
06-01-2014, 12:19 AM
Either that, or move chucker to SG but I doubt his ego could handle it. Thunder need a pass first guard and some more role players to go all the way. I don't think Brooks is the problem. I believe a point guard can seriously undermine any kind of gameplan, and the chucker just can't help himself.

Brooks is part of the problem. If he had a hair on his balls he would ensure KD gets touches and that the successes and failures of the team rest on the shoulders of the league MVP. It has to be that way. You cannot have a chucking point guard making decisions in crucial moments that don't include getting Durant the ball. You cannot have that culture on that team and you can see that none of the respect KD, they get a rebound and he's standing out there and no one even looks at him. I cannot ever imagine that happening with prime TD, ever.

Brooks made one adjustment all series... one. That was taking out Thabo and Nick. His only trick was the Ibaka injury facade. He's a coach in the same mold as Mark Jackson and Mike Brown, no in game adjustment ability. There's only one Pop in the league, but Rick Carlisle coaching the Thunder would probably scare the hell out of Spurs fan.

Chinook
06-01-2014, 12:22 AM
I imagine they'll let him play out his deal unless someone is offering a lottery pick for him.

The bigger issues for them is that they need better coach and a couple of experienced, championship-caliber vets. Those don't come through buyout candidates for min-salary ring-chasers. They're going to have to throw out a couple of mid-level contracts to get the right guys.

What about this idea: Jackson and Perkins to Los Angeles for Pau Gasol on a S&T. From the Lakers' perspective, that would preserve LA's 2015 cap space while giving them a good young player for someone they should part ways with anyway. For OKC, Ibaka-Gasol/Collison-Adams solidifies the big rotation. Then, they could start running the Triangle instead of the schoolyard crap they're currently running, which would mean better looks for both Durant and Westbrook. Use that $7.5M TE and the MLE to get a couple of vet scorers, and boom.

HI-FI
06-01-2014, 12:25 AM
Brooks is part of the problem. If he had a hair on his balls he would ensure KD gets touches and that the successes and failures of the team rest on the shoulders of the league MVP. It has to be that way. You cannot have a chucking point guard making decisions in crucial moments that don't include getting Durant the ball. You cannot have that culture on that team and you can see that none of the respect KD, they get a rebound and he's standing out there and no one even looks at him. I cannot ever imagine that happening with prime TD, ever.

Brooks made one adjustment all series... one. That was taking out Thabo and Nick. His only trick was the Ibaka injury facade. He's a coach in the same mold as Mark Jackson and Mike Brown, no in game adjustment ability. There's only one Pop in the league, but Rick Carlisle coaching the Thunder would probably scare the hell out of Spurs fan.

definitely. they'd be scary as shit.

as for getting rid of RW, many will say you can't because he's the alpha, he showed up etc....Some of that is true, but I still think he's toxic. He has too much Kobe in him. If they don't win next year, that relationship will reach a boiling point imo. Brooks is garbage though, but it would take a serious coach to deal with a Chimpbrook type. Durant seems far more coachable.

Chris
06-01-2014, 12:25 AM

Westbrook runs that team, you're right about Brooks having no balls. Any other coach would bench Westbrook aside from Pringles. He has a terrible shot selection, and he takes shots at bad times when the bigs are out of position. It's also on KD and the rest of the team for putting up with it.

Clipper Nation
06-01-2014, 12:28 AM
as for getting rid of RW, many will say you can't because he's the alpha, he showed up etc....Some of that is true, but I still think he's toxic. He has too much Kobe in him.

I think Durbeta is a lot more like Kirby than Westbrook is.... fake personality, overrated, bitchmade, ref-dependent, unearned "clutch" reputation, passive-aggressive, knows Westbrook is the scapegoat and encourages it by purposely never demanding the ball and hoping for Russ to miss.... hell, even most of Kirby's stans have hopped on Durbeta's bandwagon post-Achilles :lol

dg7md
06-01-2014, 05:30 AM
He's probably going to a lower-tier east team to rack up numbers and stats and nothing more.

TDMVPDPOY
06-01-2014, 05:39 AM
reggie jackson has all the tools to be a 2 way player "if" he improves his defense, he can shoot, attack the rim but he needs to play defense...no point scoring buckets if ur also allowing buckets on the other end....

mudyez
06-01-2014, 05:57 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=otv6h43

Mhak
06-01-2014, 10:52 AM
I'll trade this chimp for the top three pick this year and a role player!!!! Trade his ass while it's still guns hot!

unleashbaynes
06-01-2014, 10:57 AM

The MVP DID touch the ball at the most crucial moment of the game. But he tripped over his own feet and the Spurs stole it.

DMC
06-01-2014, 10:57 AM
I think Durbeta is a lot more like Kirby than Westbrook is.... fake personality, overrated, bitchmade, ref-dependent, unearned "clutch" reputation, passive-aggressive, knows Westbrook is the scapegoat and encourages it by purposely never demanding the ball and hoping for Russ to miss.... hell, even most of Kirby's stans have hopped on Durbeta's bandwagon post-Achilles :lol

So Kobe never demands the ball?

Way to kick your own ass. Fortunately for you, there's still KIA Griffin and State Farm Paula to keep you company.

DMC
06-01-2014, 10:59 AM
The MVP DID touch the ball at the most crucial moment of the game. But he tripped over his own feet and the Spurs stole it.

I used moments in the plural form for a reason. There's no way in hell your point guard should be the only person to touch the ball on that many possessions, especially in crunch time. RW was like what, 1 for 24 in OT or something stupid like that (for the playoffs).

unleashbaynes
06-01-2014, 11:03 AM
I used moments in the plural form for a reason. There's no way in hell your point guard should be the only person to touch the ball on that many possessions, especially in crunch time. RW was like what, 1 for 24 in OT or something stupid like that (for the playoffs).

:lmao yeah he was awful. Durant was so used to not having the ball in that situation he didn't know what to do prolly.

Franklin
06-01-2014, 05:57 PM
Harden was the real alpha of this team he was the only one capable of salvaging the ship when shit really mattered. Harden grew them beard for a reason, imho.

ambchang
06-01-2014, 07:58 PM
Durant could be used as a dirk in the 11 Mavs team. Jackson can sit in as a super charged carter or something.

Clipper Nation
06-01-2014, 08:08 PM
So Kobe never demands the ball?

Way to kick your own ass. Fortunately for you, there's still KIA Griffin and State Farm Paula to keep you company.

Kirby has been known to refuse to shoot or keep the ball on purpose on occasion in order to prove a point about "how bad his supporting cast is," tbh.... see: Suns series, 2006....

Floyd Pacquiao
06-01-2014, 08:15 PM
I fucking loathe that hideous african somalian pirate looking nigga. He's got some solid skills though