PDA

View Full Version : CoJo

Horry Hipcheck
06-01-2014, 07:25 AM
I've voiced doubts in the past about his ability to properly perform in the Spurs' system, as his regular season garbage time minutes seemed rife with turnovers and sloppy iso ball.

But gotdamn, somebody buy that dude an Escalade because he's straight up a HUGE reason why the Spurs won this series.

We've mentioned his play in the fourth quarter of Game 4, when he and the rest of the bench chipped away at a 27 point deficit and forced Scott Brooks to keep his starters in the game to preserve the win while Duncan, Parker, and Manu all sat, opening the door for the Spurs' fresh legs to charge out of the gate in Game 5 and run away with the win when KD and Westbrick started looking gassed in the second half.

Now we have tonight, where he's asked to start the 3rd quarter for Parker. Pop finally made good on his word to give him a shot over streaky-and-not-in-a-good-way Mills, and he delivered, guiding the Spurs out of a halftime hole in Game 6 of the WCF on the road to the Spurs' arch-nemesis.

I hereby rescind all negative things I've ever said about CoJo's game. Dude was as fearless as Manu these last couple of games, even if the pressure on him was never as great.

Uriel
06-01-2014, 07:47 AM
He's ready to take over backup PG duties next season when Patty Mills inevitably receives a lucrative offer and leaves us in free agency.

barakz21
06-01-2014, 07:54 AM
You know, I really like his game tbh. He seems to have good enough jets to get to the rim, has good form on his jumper, plays hard, isnt afraid to battle for a rebound and doesn't try to do too much(except in garbage time), which is why it's so frustrating that he can't seem to contribute consistently. Pretty impressed with how he handled last night's start to the second half, that was being a game manager.

Ocotillo
06-01-2014, 08:05 AM
Wonder why he never got off the bench again after starting the second half?

SouthernFried
06-01-2014, 08:46 AM
Wonder why he never got off the bench again after starting the second half?

Was wondering the same thing. I was impressed with his play.