PDA

View Full Version : FACT: Spurs simply play better with Parker on the bench

SpursFan4-Life
06-01-2014, 08:43 AM
Manu on the point, Leonard and Diaw involved in the offense and not watching Parker dribble for 15 seconds

and corey and mills are better defensively then Parker

100%duncan
06-01-2014, 08:45 AM
No. Don't get carried away by one half.

SouthernFried
06-01-2014, 08:48 AM
Here's the difference.

When Parker is dribbling the ball, everyone is standing around watching or screening for him. When Ginobili is holding the ball at the top of the key, everyone is moving around to get the open pass.

Guys have to have their heads in the game when Ginobili is running point. Cuz you just don't know when he's gonna hit you in the head with one of his bizarre passes.

vander
06-01-2014, 08:50 AM
For short periods of time in certain situations

hitmanyr2k
06-01-2014, 08:53 AM
I thought Ginobili ran the point masterfully and was a great floor general in the 2nd half. He brought the ball up great against pressure. He steadied his team and directed players where to go to get the best shot and exploit matchups. That's really what won the Spurs the game. They executed and always got the best shot. They went cold for a spell in the 4th but the shots they were missing were ones they usually knock down.

SpursFan4-Life
06-01-2014, 09:07 AM
Let's not pretend the Spurs close out game against the blazers with Parker out wasn't the best playoff game the spurs had this post season

PublicOption
06-01-2014, 09:29 AM
its because teams study for parker, and then don't know what to do when they haven't studied for someone else.

pgardn
06-01-2014, 09:33 AM
So you would rather not have Parker on the floor against Miami?

Please lay down on the couch while I ask you a few questions...

RD2191
06-01-2014, 09:34 AM

SouthernFried
06-01-2014, 09:34 AM
Parker's all about scoring. Ginobili's all about getting a score.

There's a difference.

100%duncan
06-01-2014, 09:35 AM
The amount of stupidity... I don't even

palangi
06-01-2014, 09:36 AM

There's a difference.
:clap

BillMc
06-01-2014, 09:37 AM
How quickly we discard future Hall of Famers on this site.

gospursgojas
06-01-2014, 09:37 AM
On some possesions.

Tony is a ball stopper sometimes. I wouldnt say this applys to all the time.

ChumpDumper
06-01-2014, 09:38 AM
Took awhile for the agenda threads to show up tbh.

bigfan
06-01-2014, 09:42 AM
We have to have Tony to beat the Heat, regardless of stats in a particular game or two.

pgardn
06-01-2014, 09:50 AM

There's a difference.

You want Ginobili as the primary ball handler against the type of D Miami plays...
Please say no. We need as many competent ball handlers as possible.
Fisher actually did a decent job on Ginobili when Fisher did not back off and gave him zero room.

Please no. We need the entire crew.

Malik Hairston
06-01-2014, 10:10 AM
It's a thin line with this year's version of Tony, tbh..it isn't last year's superstar-level Parker, he hasn't been nearly the same player in 2013-2014..

He's had great moments, but this year's team is all about contributions from everybody..when Tony is on and creating havoc in the paint, the Spurs have been unstoppable..when he doesn't have his legs, he looks poor and the Spurs have been better when he goes to the bench..

BillMc
06-01-2014, 10:12 AM
It's a thin line with this year's version of Tony, tbh..it isn't last year's superstar-level Parker, he hasn't been nearly the same player in 2013-2014..

He's had great moments, but this year's team is all about contributions from everybody..when Tony is on and creating havoc in the paint, the Spurs have been unstoppable..when he doesn't have his legs, he looks poor and the Spurs have been better when he goes to the bench..

Malik with the wisdom. :toast

Brazil
06-01-2014, 10:26 AM
OP is the one with the truly pathetic franchise thread right ?

go kill yourself tbh

ducks
06-01-2014, 10:34 AM
manu can not play point all game he is old

06-01-2014, 11:25 AM

ElNono
06-01-2014, 11:29 AM
Pop said it in the presser... a 50% Tony is detrimental to the team... but it has everything to do with being hurt, not with Tony himself...

I love the minutes he gave us last night playing hurt. He's a warrior. GWS, Tony.

DPG21920
06-01-2014, 11:36 AM
Yup - Nono & HH have it right. TP (outside of this year) has played through many injuries and never said a word. He's an extremely durable and tough player. When he's truly hurt (the times you see DPG get antsy and call out his worries) it's hard for him and the team which is understandable. When he's even remotely healthy, it's the biggest reason the Spurs are so good.

DarrinS
06-01-2014, 11:41 AM
I'm not a TP fanboi, but it's dumb to say the Spurs are better without him.

EVAY
06-01-2014, 11:50 AM

I think this is fair. The team is far better this year without Tony than it was last year.

This year, we are unstoppable with a 100% Tony, but we can beat almost anyone almost anytime without him this year, and last year it wouldn't even have been close.

It is true that Tony isn't quite as good as he was last year, but last year he was top three MVP candidates. This year, we don't need him to be that and thank god we don't.

It doesn't mean that we are better without him; it just means that we are better than last year. And that is a good thing.

Skull-1
06-01-2014, 11:51 AM
Here's the difference.

When Parker is dribbling the ball, everyone is standing around watching or screening for him. When Ginobili is holding the ball at the top of the key, everyone is moving around to get the open pass.

Guys have to have their heads in the game when Ginobili is running point. Cuz you just don't know when he's gonna hit you in the head with one of his bizarre passes.

:lol

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
06-01-2014, 11:52 AM
:lol

Best player the entire playoffs. Gonna be in for a rude awakening when he wins FMVP