PDA

View Full Version : The things you don't get

FromWayDowntown
06-01-2014, 09:13 AM
At the buyout deadline, the Spurs tried (apparently) to get just about anyone who was available to sign up for this run - Danny Granger, primarily. It's interesting to think that if anyone had bit, there's a very real chance that Cory Joseph ends up as the second inactive in this series. Without Joseph and his fearless play in Game 4 and his steady hand in Game 6, who knows where these Spurs are. Not saying that Cory Joe turned the series, but he kinda might have. And if Granger is on this roster, he might not have ever had that chance.

Sometimes it's good to not get what you want.

100%duncan
06-01-2014, 09:17 AM
:tu hindsight is our friend today

BillMc
06-01-2014, 09:21 AM
At the buyout deadline, the Spurs tried (apparently) to get just about anyone who was available to sign up for this run - Danny Granger, primarily. It's interesting to think that if anyone had bit, there's a very real chance that Cory Joseph ends up as the second inactive in this series. Without Joseph and his fearless play in Game 4 and his steady hand in Game 6, who knows where these Spurs are. Not saying that Cory Joe turned the series, but he kinda might have. And if Granger is on this roster, he might not have ever had that chance.

Sometimes it's good to not get what you want.

Interesting point. Also, interesting is whether Cory is in the Spurs' long term future. Some of it may be determined by their ability to sign Patty at a reasonable price.

pgardn
06-01-2014, 09:23 AM
It's also possible Pop could have used Granger effectively.

Interesting point though.

Capt Bringdown
06-01-2014, 09:30 AM
Without Joseph and his fearless play in Game 4 and his steady hand in Game 6, who knows where these Spurs are. Not saying that Cory Joe turned the series, but he kinda might have.

Good point. Joseph was huge, stepped up rather unexpectedly. I don't think anyone would have predicted that Cory Joseph would make such a big difference in the OKC series.

spursparker9
06-01-2014, 09:33 AM
Big Prop to Cory !

:lol wonder why would happen if we put Nando in Cory's position.

cjw
06-01-2014, 09:39 AM
:lol wonder why would happen if we put Nando in Cory's position.

Pop would still be yelling at him.

Cory should spend the entire summer with Chip to fix his J. That's the top thing holding him back from taking the next step.

bigfan
06-01-2014, 09:40 AM
Though I haven't been much of a fan before I have to admit Joseph did one hell of a job in the WCF. I sure hope we are able to afford keeping Mills this summer as well as CJ to be Tony's backups and eventual successors.

xmas1997
06-01-2014, 09:43 AM
Cory did well, just not well enough for Pop to trust him at the end. Manu was the man then.

Whisky Dog
06-01-2014, 10:26 AM
Once Brooks went small in the OT the game plan was just feed Duncan and let him embarrass Abaka. Joseph and Ginobili, for the most part, did well facilitating the offense prior to that and during the OT.

FvckMavs
06-01-2014, 10:41 AM
:lol Granger chose Clippers over SAS

r0drig0lac
06-01-2014, 11:36 AM
CJ remember Andre Miller

Amuseddaysleeper
06-01-2014, 11:38 AM
:tu

Chinook
06-01-2014, 11:59 AM
Nah, it's OKC. You need your guards against them. My guess is a big would have been inactive. Probably Bayens, though so that's its own hypothetical.

It's amazing how done Granger looks, even to someone who didn't believe in him.

Mugen
06-01-2014, 12:23 PM
CoJo's dunk in Game 4 was big. Don't care what anyone else says. To have your 11th/12th man throw it down on the guy that's been killing you for the last 2 games is a momentum shifter.