PDA

View Full Version : the only downside IF the spurs win the chip.

KawhiLeonard
06-01-2014, 09:47 AM
I can see a scenario where pop and Duncan walk away like the admiral did in 03. It would be a huge mistake tho since this current spurs team easily has multiple years left to compete at a championship level. The heat may be broken apart this year if they lose and the rest of the east is garbage. The only team that poses a threat to the spurs in the west ATM is Houston,okc, maybe the clippers. The spurs are in a perfect situation salary cap wise and still hold all their future picks there is no reason they can't still be competitive for another 2-3 years.

Oh, Gee!!
06-01-2014, 09:59 AM
There is no downside. Win this year, next year is not guaranteed

dg7md
06-01-2014, 10:06 AM
I don't think Duncan will retire after this year, win or lose. It doesn't sound like he wants to leave. Manu, with his new contract, definitely won't walk out.

And Pop? No way he retires tbh... Probably another 5 years left coaching.

And if by some chance those events do happen, I wouldn't even be upset. It'd be a great moment we'd remember forever.

InRareForm
06-01-2014, 10:42 AM
A title will leave me content for the next 5-8 years tbh....

xmas1997
06-01-2014, 10:45 AM
I don't think Duncan will retire after this year, win or lose. It doesn't sound like he wants to leave. Manu, with his new contract, definitely won't walk out.

And if by some chance those events do happen, I wouldn't even be upset. It'd be a great moment we'd remember forever.

I completely agree. He won't retire this year and as long as he stays healthy next year I doubt he retires then too.

ShoogarBear
06-01-2014, 10:45 AM
There is no downside.

Agloco
06-01-2014, 10:48 AM
Only if Mark Cuban writes your checks is there a downside to winning a Championship.

ducks
06-01-2014, 10:58 AM
I think they both do not retire

SilverSpur
06-01-2014, 12:23 PM
They come back for one more year, but we must get big men that can rebound and shot block. OKC is loaded with this talent and have three first round picks this year to fill needs like replacing Fisher.
Draft to play, not stash. I would like us to go after free agent Kris Humphries, good role player who
Is easily a 12 and 10 guy. He replaces Bonner, but we need to get more athletic .
If the big three leave together after winning the ring, then we go after players like Amare Stoudemire and Rudy Gay ( if he opts out)

noles1983
06-01-2014, 12:31 PM
They come back for one more year, but we must get big men that can rebound and shot block. OKC is loaded with this talent and have three first round picks this year to fill needs like replacing Fisher.
Draft to play, not stash. I would like us to go after free agent Kris Humphries, good role player who
Is easily a 12 and 10 guy. He replaces Bonner, but we need to get more athletic .
If the big three leave together after winning the ring, then we go after players like Amare Stoudemire and Rudy Gay ( if he opts out)

:nope

vander
06-01-2014, 12:37 PM
To keep contending after this year the spurs will need a legit iso threat. No one reliable on the roster right now except TP occasionally. Roster is all solid contributors, need a Lance stephenson type imo

Mr. Peabody
06-01-2014, 01:08 PM
There is no downside. Win this year, next year is not guaranteed

This

Mikeanaro
06-01-2014, 01:16 PM
Dumb thread.

spurraider21
06-01-2014, 01:18 PM
i don't like to play the GNSF card... but lol GNSF

Perry Mason
06-01-2014, 01:21 PM

You don't know me and I don't know you, but I don't post BS. My source in the Popovich family tells me Pop is seriously looking at retirement after this season. He needs hip surgery and is in pain from the grind. But no one really knows other than Pop himself. But don't be surprised if this is it, given what he is signaling to his family.