PDA

View Full Version : Heat: The Rashard Lewis factor. Convince me I'm just seeing monsters under the bed.

midnightpulp
06-01-2014, 12:22 PM
The normally cynical me wasn't too necessarily scared of facing the Heat last week. I like the way the Spurs match up with them, and Pop is, without a doubt, the best Lebron game planner in the league. In addition to that, the Heat have nothing at the PF spot.

Until now.

Lewis is +58 over the last 4 games, has seemed to find his shot, and is the stretch 4 that offense desperately needed. It's no surprise Lebron's best games came when Lewis was inserted into the lineup.

That said, the Spurs matchup with Lewis fine on an individual level (Diaw, Leonard at the 4 in small ball>Lewis), but it's more about what Lewis's presence does for James and Wade. Like what Mike Miller (who Spoelstra started at the 4 following the Game 3 beatdown) was for the Heat last year, only Lewis is arguably the better player.

The Heat's achilles is their rebounding, but they played us about even on the boards in their small ball lineup in last year's Finals.

I guess I'm overly concerned because the Heat having no stretch 4 means we can sag back and turn James and Wade into jumpshooters. Now that the Spurs have to be concerned about Lewis, that option appears to be off the table.

ElNono
06-01-2014, 12:26 PM
I think it was a mismatch on the Pacers series, but props to Rashard for stepping up.

That said, if you can make Rashard Lewis beat you instead of Lebron and Wade, you probably did a good job.

Robz4000
06-01-2014, 12:27 PM
I doubt Spo starts him tbh, so the game plan should remain the same at the start of the series. When he plays it should be the same strategy on D while making a point to attack him with Diaw/Leonard on O. As it is he isn't the clutch player Miller is, tho his chemistry with Allen is a concern.

UZER
06-01-2014, 12:34 PM
Diaw found his impact in the small lineup. He's a totally different player this year. He'll take Lewis to the post.

TDMVPDPOY
06-01-2014, 12:35 PM
we can waste matt bonner on bosh or lewis if they like to camp at the 3

Trainwreck2100
06-01-2014, 12:37 PM
Post him up like West should have been doing

Joseph Kony
06-01-2014, 12:40 PM
Lewis is trash and got hot against a team that would probably get stomped by any of the playoff teams out west imo

Kawhi
06-01-2014, 12:46 PM
Its the same as the Matt Bonner factor

spurraider21
06-01-2014, 12:49 PM
i'm not understanding how he's significantly different than Mike Miller

Splits
06-01-2014, 12:56 PM
If this doesn't convince you, nothing will: http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207362

Malice
06-01-2014, 01:04 PM
One word should help you sleep well tonight. Pacers.

Mugen
06-01-2014, 01:13 PM
that nigga ain't shit tbh.

Holger Geschwindner
06-01-2014, 01:49 PM
Pop is, without a doubt, the best Lebron game planner in the league.

Entschuldigen sie!

http://www.realclearsports.com/blognetwork/rcs_sidelines/Rick%20Carlisle%20Mavs%20championship.jpg

Nathan89
06-01-2014, 02:01 PM
Any semi-competent defender that can hit threes for the Heat is a threat.

Kidd K
06-01-2014, 02:16 PM
Mike Miller was 11/14 from three against use in last year's Finals in games 1-6.

Lewis will not shoot that good.

Also, Shane Battier shot 43% from three last season. Just 35% this year (good so far in playoffs though).

Miami's 3pt attack isn't gonna be as good this time. Nearly 40% last year, only 36% this year. 35% for Lewis. Lewis is going to be a marginal influence at best.

spurraider21
06-01-2014, 02:30 PM
Mike Miller was 11/14 from three against use in last year's Finals in games 1-6.

Lewis will not shoot that good.

Also, Shane Battier shot 43% from three last season. Just 35% this year (good so far in playoffs though).

Miami's 3pt attack isn't gonna be as good this time. Nearly 40% last year, only 36% this year. 35% for Lewis. Lewis is going to be a marginal influence at best.
Battier wasn't really a factor at all last year until game 7. i'm still not sure why people see Rashard Lewis as anything other than Mike Miller's replacement. He's going to shoot 3's and be a defensive liability

jimbo
06-01-2014, 02:36 PM
Miller was just tall, he couldn't legitimately defend the 4. He was a SG. Rashard is closer to a Battier replacement

spurraider21
06-01-2014, 02:37 PM
Miller was just tall, he couldn't legitimately defend the 4. He was a SG. Rashard is closer to a Battier replacement
oh. and which Spurs power forward is Rashard going to defend?

jimbo
06-01-2014, 02:41 PM
Diaw. He defended David West who is a similarish player. Let's not act like Diaw is going to continually post him up or anything. He's never shown consistency in doing that.

Well or Bonner. I think the Heat would love it if the Spurs went smaller than that with Kiwi at the 4.

Seventyniner
06-01-2014, 02:42 PM
The Spurs did a fantastic job on the boards in games 5 and 6 against OC, especially against small lineups. Postups and rebounds are the prototypical way to attack a small lineup (yes, I know Lewis is tall but I still consider him undersized for a PF).

Clipper Nation
06-01-2014, 02:49 PM
Pop is, without a doubt, the best Lebron game planner in the league.

Kang led the Finals in points, assists, and steals last year and won the series..... "best LeBron game planner" my ass :lol

spurraider21
06-01-2014, 02:50 PM
Diaw. He defended David West who is a similarish player. Let's not act like Diaw is going to continually post him up or anything. He's never shown consistency in doing that.

Well or Bonner. I think the Heat would love it if the Spurs went smaller than that with Kiwi at the 4.
did you not watch the okc series?

spurraider21
06-01-2014, 02:54 PM
Kang led the Finals in points, assists, and steals last year and won the series..... "best LeBron game planner" my ass :lol
he also led the Finals in field goal attempts and usage rate which would explain points/assist totals, and he was held to a pedestrian 44.7% from the field. he shot below 44% in 5 of 7 games

The Batman
Ummm no Pop is not the best LeBron game planner. Carlisle is.

jimbo
did you not watch the okc series?

Yeah, I'm not trusting that. Diaw is the definition of inconsistent. He's been like that his entire career.

(and fwiw, so is Rashard's 3 point shot right now. He's played at least some defense all year. It's why he took over Beasley's minutes.)

The Batman
06-01-2014, 02:55 PM
Especially after they let LeBron shoot open jumper after open jumper in Game 7.

Clipper Nation
06-01-2014, 02:55 PM
he also led the Finals in field goal attempts and usage rate which would explain points/assist totals, and he was held to a pedestrian 44.7% from the field. he shot below 44% in 5 of 7 games
He did this in Pop's grill in Game 7:

http://i.imgur.com/eS0SsaP.gif

:downspin: that shitttt!

spurraider21
06-01-2014, 02:57 PM
He did this in Pop's grill in Game 7:

http://i.imgur.com/eS0SsaP.gif

:downspin: that shitttt!
great players have great games tbh... nothing to see here. we're talking over the course of a 7 game series, not just 1 game (which fwiw wouldn't have been possible if lebron didn't get bailed out in the final 90 seconds of regulation in 6)

Clipper Nation
06-01-2014, 02:58 PM
we're talking over the course of a 7 game series, not just 1 game (which fwiw wouldn't have been possible if lebron didn't bail Wade out in the final minutes of regulation in 6)
fify

spurraider21
06-01-2014, 02:59 PM
lebron bailed the team out in the 4th, no doubt. i've never argued this. dude went full animal, but in the last 90 seconds, he saw parker drill a 3 in his face, had 2 turnovers, and was 1-3 from the field (the only 1 coming off a rebound thanks to Wade).

Clipper Nation
06-01-2014, 03:00 PM
lebron bailed the team out in the 4th, no doubt. i've never argued this. dude went full animal

/discussion

midnightpulp
06-01-2014, 03:01 PM

:lol Lebron shot .447 in last year's Finals, tied for his second lowest mark in a playoff series since '10. Maybe even '09, since I didn't go back that far.

Maybe Thibs is a better Lebron gameplanner, but no one else.

spurraider21
06-01-2014, 03:02 PM
:lol Lebron shot .447 in last year's Finals, tied for his second lowest mark in a playoff series since '10. Maybe even '09, since I didn't go back that far.

just don't bother... he's gna post the gif of his game 7 shots

Clipper Nation
06-01-2014, 03:03 PM

Carlisle > any other coach at gameplanning for LeBron, there's really no debating this, tbh....

Clipper Nation
06-01-2014, 03:05 PM
just don't bother... he's gna post the gif of his game 7 shots

Philo deflecting from the bedshitting in Game 7.... in the most important game of the season, "the best LeBron gameplanner in the league" decided to give a bunch of open jump shots to the Kang and then watched helplessly from the bench while Kang took a wet shit on him :lol

jimbo
06-01-2014, 03:07 PM
and tbh I'd be somewhat afraid of a Beasley fluke game. He's had them before this season. I don't know if he's fully healthy now though. Maybe playing in the Finals will be enough to get him to play passable D.

Oh and Greg Oden on Duncan. It's been a long time since he's had a guy older than him defending him. He might have forgotten how to work em.

spurraider21
06-01-2014, 03:07 PM
Philo deflecting from the bedshitting in Game 7.... in the most important game of the season, "the best LeBron gameplanner in the league" decided to give a bunch of open jump shots to the Kang and then watched helplessly from the bench while Kang took a wet shit on him :lol
i didn't deflect. he was given those same shots all series and he struggled for 5 of 7 games. he got hot, and the best player in the league had a good game, go figure. you're the one taking one game sample size versus the entirety of a 7 game series. why are you deflecting from game 1? game 3? game 5? all but 9 minutes of game 6?

midnightpulp
06-01-2014, 03:11 PM

Lebron shoots about .350 from 10 feet and out.

It was either pack the paint and live with him beating you with jumpers, or man him up and let him rape you in the lane.

I don't know why the Spurs being one of the best defenders of Lebron bothers you so much.

Clipper Nation
06-01-2014, 03:12 PM
i didn't deflect. he was given those same shots all series and he struggled for 5 of 7 games. he got hot, and the best player in the league had a good game, go figure.
No, Pop's fluke luck just ran out in Game 7, tbh.... he was playing with fire giving Kang all those open shots even though it was blatantly obvious that he was going to start making them eventually....

you're the one taking one game sample size versus the entirety of a 7 game series.
You're the one who only ever talks about a 90-second sample size of 6, tbh :lol

Kang dominated the series even with his jumper abandoning him for a couple games (in addition to leading the series in points, assists, and steals, he also shut down LVParker and turned Shitter into a bitch), dominated the most important game of the series, and was clutch in 6 when his team needed him the most, end of story....

spurraider21
06-01-2014, 03:12 PM
he is LeBron's Zipper Nation

Clipper Nation
06-01-2014, 03:13 PM
I don't know why the Spurs being one of the best defenders of Lebron bothers you so much.

I'm not bothered at all, I just don't see how Pop can be called "the best LeBron gameplanner in the league" after the job Carlisle did on him in 2011, that's all.... the rest of the debate ITT is just Philo's usual deflections whenever last June is discussed :lol

spurraider21
06-01-2014, 03:15 PM
No, Pop's fluke luck just ran out in Game 7, tbh.... he was playing with fire giving Kang all those open shots even though it was blatantly obvious that he was going to start making them eventually....
not really, long range jumpers are still lebron's overall weakness. its better to force him to pull up than let him drive/score/assist on a play. he's still not a great shooter outside the paint.

You're the one who only ever talks about a 90-second sample size of 6, tbh :lol
fine, lets talk about his scoring in games 1, 2, 3, 5, and game 6 as a whole. i'd love to see how that conversation goes

Kang dominated the series even with his jumper abandoning him for a couple games (in addition to leading the series in points, assists, and steals, he also shut down LVParker and turned Shitter into a bitch), dominated the most important game of the series, and was clutch in 6 when his team needed him the most, end of story....
its not difficult to lead the series in scoring and assists when you lead the series in FGA and usage%. his overall FG% for the finals is lower than Kirby's career FG%. as we've seen, LVParker can shut himself down if the moment is big enough

Clipper Nation
06-01-2014, 03:19 PM
not really, long range jumpers are still lebron's overall weakness. its better to force him to pull up than let him drive/score/assist on a play. he's still not a great shooter outside the paint.
He's vastly improved as a jump shooter to the point where you can't reasonably expect him to keep bricking them for an entire 7-game series, tbh.... Pop still thinks it's 2007 when LeBron's jumper was broken and he was the only player on his team worthy of defensive attention, though :lol

Just look at the overall improvement from year to year:

http://sports.cbsimg.net/images/visual/whatshot/lebronshotchartevolution.gif

its not difficult to lead the series in scoring and assists when you lead the series in FGA and usage%. his overall FG% for the finals is lower than Kirby's career FG%. as we've seen, LVParker can shut himself down if the moment is big enough
Philo with the Skip-esque bads.... give Kang some damn credit, he dominatedPERIOD :lol

spurraider21
06-01-2014, 03:21 PM
He's vastly improved as a jump shooter to the point where you can't reasonably expect him to keep bricking them for an entire 7-game series, tbh.... Pop still thinks it's 2007 when LeBron's jumper was broken and he was the only player on his team worthy of defensive attention, though :lol

Philo with the Skip-esque bads.... give Kang some damn credit, he dominatedPERIOD :lol
i never said his jumper hasn't improved... but its still the weakest aspect of his offensive game. lebron was the best player over the course of the series, i have never said otherwise. but to argue that the spurs scheming "didn't work" because he led the series in points/assists is retarded

midnightpulp
06-01-2014, 03:24 PM
I'm not bothered at all, I just don't see how Pop can be called "the best LeBron gameplanner in the league" after the job Carlisle did on him in 2011, that's all.... the rest of the debate ITT is just Philo's usual deflections whenever last June is discussed :lol

Lebron choked that series. I give Carlisle credit, but Lebron was passive, nervous, and just plain shaky over that entire series. You could see the pressure he was under to win the Championship and back up the Heat hype, and he just cracked.

Clipper Nation
06-01-2014, 03:30 PM
Lebron choked that series.... Lebron was passive, nervous, and just plain shaky over that entire series.

That's all because of the defensive schemes Carlisle implemented, as Cuban pointed out when Skip Bayless tried to come with that same argument....

midnightpulp
06-01-2014, 03:33 PM

But giving him the 42% option as opposed to the 75% option in the lane is the better strategy.

Indiana, for instance, thinks they can "D" Lebron up with Stephenson and George, which doesn't work since he can blow right by them most of the time. It's why Lebron shoots .520 against the Pacers in the playoffs over his career. They're fooled into thinking Hibbert will keep him out of the lane or that they can funnel Lebron into their shotblockers.

The only way to slow down Lebron is sag off and dare him to shoot. If he torches you, so be it.

ElNono
06-01-2014, 03:36 PM
I'm just glad we have Pop to gameplan against a beast like Lebron and not Tom Rivers and his faith in Ubuntu, tbh...

Clipper Nation
06-01-2014, 03:41 PM
I'm just glad we have Pop to gameplan against a beast like Lebron and not Tom Rivers and his faith in Ubuntu, tbh...
Doc didn't get 6'd against LeBron in 2008 or 2010, tbh :downspin:

ElNono
06-01-2014, 03:43 PM

Well, it isn't 2008 or 2010 anymore either... :downspin:

How you like El Cliente now? :lol

Venti Quattro
06-01-2014, 03:43 PM
Is Miami still paying him 20 million this year?

Clipper Nation
06-01-2014, 03:45 PM
How you like El Cliente now? :lol

Just teasing Spurfan before going full Client in the Finals per par :downspin:

spurraider21
06-01-2014, 03:45 PM
That's all because of the defensive schemes Carlisle implemented, as Cuban pointed out when Skip Bayless tried to come with that same argument....
oh you mean the team owner pimped his team's coaching/scheming?

Clipper Nation
06-01-2014, 03:47 PM
oh you mean the team owner pimped his team's coaching/scheming?
The team owner watched the games just like everyone else, Philo....

midnightpulp
06-01-2014, 03:47 PM

Kings are about to do their own version of 6, if they don't close tonight.

I'm rooting for them, but LA sports seem to fuckin' cursed right now.

ElNono
06-01-2014, 03:48 PM
Just teasing Spurfan before going full Client in the Finals per par :downspin:

Beats teasing all season and still disappearing in the 2nd round :downspin:

:lol

spurraider21
06-01-2014, 03:49 PM
The team owner watched the games just like everyone else, Philo....
i don't thin a player as great as lebron can ever get "schemed" into a 3-11 performance in a finals game. that was in his head tbh

Clipper Nation
06-01-2014, 03:50 PM

Kangs are done, tbh, Chicago simply owns Quick and Sutter.... especially Sutter, who has gone full retard by not shortening the bench and giving way too much ice time to scrubs while Kane and Toews barely even get off the ice anymore.... Quenneville is basically Scott Brooks, but Sutter is still getting outcoached :lol

spurraider21
06-01-2014, 03:50 PM

i'll bet you your 30 back that justin williams records a point :lol

jimbo
06-01-2014, 03:52 PM

Against the Mavs, their zone intimidated Lebron enough so that he didn't even take the shots period.

Vs the Spurs
http://i.snag.gy/fQZmk.jpg

Vs the Mavs

http://i.snag.gy/QGlH5.jpg

He clearly had the worse Mavs series. But tbh, their gameplanning is a wash on this. Both gameplans (zone/sagging off) had the same idea behind them. Make Lebron take jump shots.

Gotta give the edge to Carslile though, playing zone as much as they did was a lot more risky/unprecedented. & He did it first.

Clipper Nation
06-01-2014, 03:53 PM

Mr. Game 7 about to lose his first Game 7 :depressed

midnightpulp
06-01-2014, 03:56 PM

:lol Don't think so.

This game has choke job written all over it. I see the Kings going up early and then shitting themselves.

Clipper Nation
06-01-2014, 04:00 PM
:lol Don't think so.

This game has choke job written all over it. I see the Kings going up early and then shitting themselves.

Nah, it'll be a repeat of the last two games.... they'll get baited into a track meet in the first two periods, battle back early in the third, and then choke....

LkrFan
06-01-2014, 07:31 PM
The normally cynical me wasn't too necessarily scared of facing the Heat last week. I like the way the Spurs match up with them, and Pop is, without a doubt, the best Lebron game planner in the league. In addition to that, the Heat have nothing at the PF spot.

Until now.

Lewis is +58 over the last 4 games, has seemed to find his shot, and is the stretch 4 that offense desperately needed. It's no surprise Lebron's best games came when Lewis was inserted into the lineup.

That said, the Spurs matchup with Lewis fine on an individual level (Diaw, Leonard at the 4 in small ball>Lewis), but it's more about what Lewis's presence does for James and Wade. Like what Mike Miller (who Spoelstra started at the 4 following the Game 3 beatdown) was for the Heat last year, only Lewis is arguably the better player.

The Heat's achilles is their rebounding, but they played us about even on the boards in their small ball lineup in last year's Finals.

I guess I'm overly concerned because the Heat having no stretch 4 means we can sag back and turn James and Wade into jumpshooters. Now that the Spurs have to be concerned about Lewis, that option appears to be off the table.
On paper, they should kick the Spurs' ass. They have 3 superstars starting (including the best player in the world),one former all star (Shard) inserted into the starting lineup, and a few role playas on their bench that were former all stars (Ray Allen, Battier). They staaaaaaacked, but that's why you play the games.

spurraider21
06-01-2014, 07:32 PM
On paper, they should kick the Spurs' ass. They have 3 superstars starting (including the best player in the world),one former all star (Shard) inserted into the starting lineup, and a few role playas on their bench that were former all stars (Ray Allen, Battier). They staaaaaaacked, but that's why you play the games.
try convincing certain posters that they're stacked :lol

i think spurs/spurfans have to feel confident about this one. OKC was a tougher matchup for us, and last year we showed we're just as good as miami, and we have home court on our side this time around. i dont think rashard lewis is any scarier than mike miller. they both just spot up and the 3 point line, and neither is able to defend at this stage of their careers

Clipper Nation
06-01-2014, 07:33 PM

:lmao Thinking the Heat are stacked.... pull yourself out of July 2010 and wake up to reality, Philo....

spurraider21
06-01-2014, 07:35 PM
right on queue

LkrFan
06-01-2014, 07:42 PM

i think spurs/spurfans have to feel confident about this one. OKC was a tougher matchup for us, and last year we showed we're just as good as miami, and we have home court on our side this time around. i dont think rashard lewis is any scarier than mike miller. they both just spot up and the 3 point line, and neither is able to defend at this stage of their careers
You're retarded. Their key role players are former all stars. Your key role players: Green, The Red Rocket!, Shitter, and Boris "Human Beatbox" Diaw. Please. :lol

spurraider21
06-01-2014, 07:44 PM
You're retarded. Their key role players are former all stars. Your key role players: Green, The Red Rocket!, Shitter, and Boris "Human Beatbox" Diaw. Please. :lol
but how is that different than last season?

spurraider21
06-01-2014, 07:45 PM
i'll bet you your 30 back that justin williams records a point :lol midnightpulp (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=5430) wise decision not takin this

LkrFan
06-01-2014, 07:46 PM
he is LeBron's Zipper Nation
I'm a trend setter. I set trends. :downspin:

spurraider21
06-01-2014, 07:47 PM
yep. i've always given you credit for that gem :lol. along with air jaundice/moose support payments

Clipper Nation
midnightpulp (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=5430) wise decision not takin this

Only got to enjoy it for a couple seconds before Quick let in another choke goal.... we're still going to lose this game :lol

LkrFan
but how is that different than last season?
Your big 3 are a year older. Plus Enrique is gimpy. Not good.

LkrFan
06-01-2014, 07:48 PM
yep. i've always given you credit for that gem :lol. along with air jaundice/moose support payments
:rollin :lmao :rollin

Clipper Nation
06-01-2014, 07:49 PM

That trend has only caught on with Philo.... meanwhile, HI-FI has everyone calling you Hispanic names now after exposing your illegal immigrant status, Ángel :lol

spurraider21
06-01-2014, 07:50 PM
Your big 3 are a year older. Plus Enrique is gimpy. Not good.
enrique wasn't that big a factor after game 1 last year anyway, outside of that 1 minute span during 6

i don't think the 1 year older factor is that big a deal. manu is playing better than last year and Tim just destroyed ibaka in OT. he'll be fine

LkrFan
06-01-2014, 07:53 PM
enrique wasn't that big a factor after game 1 last year anyway, outside of that 1 minute span during 6

i don't think the 1 year older factor is that big a deal. manu is playing better than last year and Tim just destroyed a 68% (at best) ibaka in OT. he'll be fine
FIFY s:loln.

spurraider21
06-01-2014, 07:53 PM
FIFY s:loln.
68% ibaka > any interior defender on miami. i really don't see how this matchup is any worse for us than last year tbh

LkrFan
06-01-2014, 07:55 PM
That trend has only caught on with Philo.... meanwhile, HI-FI has everyone calling you Hispanic names now after exposing your illegal immigrant status, Ángel :lol
:lol - shouldn't you be picking cotton with CP0 and Griffin? :lol

LkrFan
06-01-2014, 07:57 PM
68% ibaka > any interior defender on miami. i really don't see how this matchup is any worse for us than last year tbh
> LBJ's weak side blocking ability? Especially if Kiwi doesn't show up. I could see him and STD-Wade cheating off of their men to swat Tammy 1-2 times a game. :lol

spurraider21
06-01-2014, 07:58 PM
> LBJ's weak side blocking ability? Especially if Kiwi doesn't show up. I could see him and STD-Wade cheating off of their men to swat Tammy 1-2 times a game. :lol
that's fine. ur still not addressing the critical point i'm making, that this matchup on paper is no worse than it was last year. quit beating around the bush

Clipper Nation
06-01-2014, 07:59 PM
:lol - shouldn't you be picking cotton with CP0 and Griffin? :lol

Sterling doesn't own the team anymore, Rúben.... Fredo still owns the Lakers, though :lol

LkrFan
06-01-2014, 08:03 PM
Sterling doesn't own the team anymore, Rúben.... Fredo still owns the Lakers, though :lol
Wr:lolng:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/5c975079b853b4a77c5ec39133a7f79b/tumblr_n51lqnBiyp1rs5ngxo1_500.jpg

"Durbeta" owns the Clipps. :lol

Clipper Nation
06-01-2014, 08:05 PM
Wr:lolng:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/5c975079b853b4a77c5ec39133a7f79b/tumblr_n51lqnBiyp1rs5ngxo1_500.jpg

"Durbeta" owns the Clipps. :lol
Nah, Westbrook was the alpha that series..... Durbeta was getting shut down by a 6-foot-nothing point guard in the clutch :downspin:

LkrFan
06-01-2014, 08:06 PM
that's fine. ur still not addressing the critical point i'm making, that this matchup on paper is no worse than it was last year. quit beating around the bush
TOSBery matters when you are playing a team with elite speed and elite perimeter defense. It will be hard to get the ball into Tammy. Plus he'll have to guard Bosh Spice all the way out to 3pt land. He'll be tireder than n:lolrmal.

spurraider21
06-01-2014, 08:18 PM
TOSBery matters when you are playing a team with elite speed and elite perimeter defense. It will be hard to get the ball into Tammy. Plus he'll have to guard Bosh Spice all the way out to 3pt land. He'll be tireder than n:lolrmal.
Duncan looks fine, not much different than last year during this time. Manu is playing better than he was last year, and so is Diaw, who will probably give Miami the same issues he did to OKC. Tim's scoring in the WC Playoffs this year was like 1.5 ppg less than last year, albeit with a higher FG% and about 3 less minutes per game.

ElNono
06-01-2014, 08:19 PM

so what's your prediction, Rigoberto? We already know you feel the Heat isn't as good as the Pacers... :lol

~O~
06-01-2014, 08:20 PM
RASHARD LEWIS?????????????????????? :rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin: rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:r ollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

LkrFan
06-01-2014, 08:30 PM
so what's your prediction, Rigoberto? We already know you feel the Heat isn't as good as the Pacers... :lol

I got Spurs in 7 son. Neal with it. :lol

Clipper Nation
06-01-2014, 08:32 PM

Yesssssss! ¡Gracias, Erubiel!

LkrFan
06-01-2014, 08:34 PM
Yesssssss! ¡Gracias, Erubiel!
WARNING: I picked OKC vs. Clipps. :downspin:

Clipper Nation
06-01-2014, 08:36 PM
WARNING: I picked OKC vs. Clipps. :downspin:

WARNING: you predicted that the Pacers would bend LeBron over and make him bite his bottom lip :lol

LkrFan
06-01-2014, 08:37 PM
WARNING: you predicted that the Pacers would bend LeBron over and make him bite his bottom lip :lol
:lol - tru dat

ElNono
06-01-2014, 09:05 PM

:lol Come on Wilfredo, you say that, but all your previous posts say you don't mean that at all...

Kidd K
06-01-2014, 09:20 PM
Battier wasn't really a factor at all last year until game 7. i'm still not sure why people see Rashard Lewis as anything other than Mike Miller's replacement. He's going to shoot 3's and be a defensive liability

He can't shoot threes as well Miller though, so he's mostly just a defensive liability lol. He's not going to be a big factor imo. He may have one decent game. . .and the rest will be shit. That's pretty much his optimum performance possibility. I ain't worried about him. Now, LeBron, Wade, Bosh.. yeah

spurraider21
06-01-2014, 09:23 PM
He can't shoot threes as well Miller though, so he's mostly just a defensive liability lol. He's not going to be a big factor imo. He may have one decent game. . .and the rest will be shit. That's pretty much his optimum performance possibility. I ain't worried about him. Now, LeBron, Wade, Bosh.. yeah
yeah, i'm really not understanding the fear for a player who can't defend anybody on our team, unless Marco is playing :lol

Ricky Davis
06-01-2014, 09:51 PM
Don't the Heat have 8000 players off the bench who can shoot threes similar to the Spurs? If not Lewis, just plug in the next guy etc

spurraider21
06-01-2014, 09:53 PM
Don't the Heat have 8000 players off the bench who can shoot threes similar to the Spurs? If not Lewis, just plug in the next guy etc
yeah pretty much this. i don't understand the fear of Lewis at all :lol.. he's just a guy. he doesn't scare me any more than james jones

Ricky Davis
06-01-2014, 09:59 PM
tbh the Heat have mindfucked the Pacers so bad that I probably could have played the 4 position and shut down David West. Didn't matter if it was Lewis, Jones, Douglas, Beasley, etc just somebody who was gonna open the floor for Wade and James to ooga booga their way into the paint

Should be interesting what happens vs SA, will Duncan Splitter take advantage of the undersized 4 they will throw out there?

spurraider21
06-01-2014, 10:01 PM
tbh the Heat have mindfucked the Pacers so bad that I probably could have played the 4 position and shut down David West. Didn't matter if it was Lewis, Jones, Douglas, Beasley, etc just somebody who was gonna open the floor for Wade and James to ooga booga their way into the paint

Should be interesting what happens vs SA, will Duncan Splitter take advantage of the undersized 4 they will throw out there?
Diaw looks to be that guy more so than Splitter. they'll probably open with Splitter, but i wouldn't be surprised if he just trades shifts with Duncan for the most part

Ricky Davis
06-01-2014, 10:03 PM
'urraid, with the no time for sleep, "I'm working 24/7/365 to kick your ass", quick response before I can even take a dump goods per par etc

Clipper Nation
06-01-2014, 10:04 PM
'urraid, with the no time for sleep, "I'm working 24/7/365 to kick your ass", quick response before I can even take a dump goods per par etc

Kidd K
06-01-2014, 10:12 PM
yeah, i'm really not understanding the fear for a player who can't defend anybody on our team, unless Marco is playing :lol

I would make a joke on his name and take the D's out of it, but he naturally doesn't have any D's in his name :lol

spurraider21
06-01-2014, 10:14 PM
I would make a joke on his name and take the D's out of it, but he naturally doesn't have any D's in his name :lol
Rashar_ Lewis?

spurraider21
06-01-2014, 10:19 PM
gunning for POTM :ihit

TIMMYtoZO
06-01-2014, 11:05 PM
:lol Rashard Lewis is a piece of shit who had a fluke series. I hate that faggot. He was never a legit all-star. He has always been an overrated player. I've never liked him and him playing big minutes will be the kiss of death for Miami. He is not even close to the caliber that Mike Miller was. I hope Lewis tears his acl before the Finals starts, tbh. Fuck that guy.

ezau
06-01-2014, 11:24 PM
Rashard is a terrible defender and Diaw will definitely abuse him at the post or through his playmaking skills.

ezau
06-01-2014, 11:28 PM

I'd take that than seeing Ibaka wearing a Heat uniform, tbh.

Kidd K
06-02-2014, 12:18 AM
Rashar_ Lewis?

I meant Marco, but that works for Lewis :lol

LkrFan
06-02-2014, 02:03 AM
:lol Come on Wilfredo, you say that, but all your previous posts say you don't mean that at all...

spurraider21
06-02-2014, 02:07 AM
i have no doubts that miami has the capability to beat the spurs, but i'm not going to be convinced for a second that rashard lewis is somebody that we need to worry about

midnightpulp
06-02-2014, 02:15 AM

You do mean it, unfortunately, since we know you despise the "cHeat."

Spurs are dead men walking now. Your curse is upon us.

LkrFan
06-02-2014, 02:19 AM
You do mean it, unfortunately, since we know you despise the "cHeat."

Spurs are dead men walking now. Your curse is upon us.
I openly rooted for OKC to defeat them Clipps. OKC won. Explain that shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit! :downspin:

midnightpulp
06-02-2014, 02:26 AM
I openly rooted for OKC to defeat them Clipps. OKC won. Explain that shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit! :downspin:

The LA sports curse (Achilles, Swept, Dwight leaving, Angels and Dodgers with massive payrolls under-performing, 7, Sterling fiasco and Clippers choking) might be greater than your curse at the moment. We'll see if the Kings prove otherwise in the Stanley Cup Finals.

LkrFan
06-02-2014, 02:32 AM
The LA sports curse (Achilles, Swept, Dwight leaving, Angels and Dodgers with massive payrolls under-performing, 7, Sterling fiasco and Clippers choking) might be greater than your curse at the moment. We'll see if the Kings prove otherwise in the Stanley Cup Finals.
First off, :lmao. Secondly, I could give a John Clawd Van Dammmm about the Stanley Cup. :lol

midnightpulp
06-08-2014, 09:47 PM
I just knew this cocksucker was going to pay off.

:lol Outplayed all our role players.

We can't beat Miami if he's on, and not with the floor spacing he provides. He neutralizes all the Spurs' size.

spurraider21
06-08-2014, 09:48 PM
watching how this game played out in your 4th... rashard lewis is who you saw as the difference maker? he doesn't bring anything new from what mike miller did in the past, but with less clutch ability

jimbo
06-08-2014, 09:50 PM
^ Don't know why you keep saying that. Mike Miller wasn't going to defend Diaw consistently. Rashard has that ability.

midnightpulp
06-08-2014, 09:54 PM
watching how this game played out in your 4th... rashard lewis is who you saw as the difference maker? he doesn't bring anything new from what mike miller did in the past, but with less clutch ability

He scored 14 points and shot 3-7 from downtown. Damn fuckin' right he was the difference maker. Meanwhile, our amazing "depth" and "bench" outside the big 3 did fuck all this game. The Spurs are in huge trouble if they're going to let washed up players who only played like 4 games this whole month perform better than Boris the "Animal" and Leonard, the "Future of the Spurs."

spurraider21
06-08-2014, 09:56 PM
He scored 14 points and shot 3-7 from downtown. Damn fuckin' right he was the difference maker. Meanwhile, our amazing "depth" and "bench" outside the big 3 did fuck all this game. The Spurs are in huge trouble if they're going to let washed up players who only played like 4 games this whole month perform better than Boris the "Animal" and Leonard, the "Future of the Spurs."
lewis didn't score a point in the last 9 minutes of the game, which is where we had the close game and all the lead changes. he's an nonfactor in my book. he'll hit some shots, sure. but he isn't somebody that strikes me as an x-factor at all. he had virtually no impact when the game was hanging in the balance

midnightpulp
06-08-2014, 09:58 PM
lewis didn't score a point in the last 9 minutes of the game, which is where we had the close game and all the lead changes. he's an nonfactor in my book. he'll hit some shots, sure. but he isn't somebody that strikes me as an x-factor at all. he had virtually no impact when the game was hanging in the balance

9 minutes is an entire game? 14 points is 14 points.

Exchange Udonis Haslem for Lewis, and the Spurs win by 10.

spurraider21
06-08-2014, 10:00 PM
9 minutes is an entire game? 14 points is 14 points.

Exchange Udonis Haslem for Lewis, and the Spurs win by 10.
yes i understand the rhetoric that a 3 pointer in the first quarter counts as much as a 3 pointer with a minute to go in the 4th, but lets be real here

Nathan89
06-08-2014, 10:05 PM
Lewis is a problem when he hits shots. The only thing to debate is whether or not you think he can hit them consistently.

Nathan89
06-08-2014, 10:06 PM
Tonight he was a problem.

djohn2oo8
06-08-2014, 10:07 PM
Dumb thread. And lol at people thinking he wouldn't produce like Miller did.

midnightpulp
06-08-2014, 10:07 PM
yes i understand the rhetoric that a 3 pointer in the first quarter counts as much as a 3 pointer with a minute to go in the 4th, but lets be real here

Heat's main weakness was the PF spot. Their rotation throughout the 1st two rounds was Haslem/Battier, neither player scoring over 10 points in any one game, sometimes even being held scoreless. With Lewis, they found that much needed 5th scorer who can't drop 10-15 points and most importantly, spreads the floor.

Hopefully he'll start choking or wear out, but if he can give the Heat 9-15 points consistently, no way we're winning this series.

TIMMYtoZO
06-08-2014, 10:35 PM
I am stunned that Lewis is stepping up like this. He has always been an overrated choking faggot. I am waiting for him to start bricking those shots at any moment. I just don't trust him. I have never liked him.

Seefourdc
06-08-2014, 10:43 PM
I am stunned that Lewis is stepping up like this. He has always been an overrated choking faggot. I am waiting for him to start bricking those shots at any moment. I just don't trust him. I have never liked him.

People mature man. He doesn't have any pressure to be the man anymore and he always had skills and he had work ethic he just needed a long ass time to grow up.

ElNono
06-08-2014, 11:06 PM

Give Spo credit for riding the hot hand...

Nathan89
06-13-2014, 12:39 AM
Thankfully this dude decided not contribute today.

UZER
06-13-2014, 12:40 AM
Finally he came back down to erf

midnightpulp
06-13-2014, 12:42 AM
Thankfully this dude decided not contribute today.

Fucking finally.

If he doesn't give them a solid 10-15 points, Miami is fucked.

Don't know if Spo sticks with him or goes with Battier/Jones more now.

Last ditch effort for Miami will be inserting Beasley into the rotation.

spurraider21
06-13-2014, 12:42 AM
i still don't understand the hoopla. i was never worried about a 1 dimensional spot up shooter :lol... those types of players are dime a dozen

james jones did the same shit for them in 2011/2012. mike miller had been doing it for them. he wasn't offering some new dynamic the spurs hadn't faced before

midnightpulp
06-13-2014, 12:47 AM
i still don't understand the hoopla. i was never worried about a 1 dimensional spot up shooter :lol... those types of players are dime a dozen

james jones did the same shit for them in 2011/2012. mike miller had been doing it for them. he wasn't offering some new dynamic the spurs hadn't faced before

I guess it was about how Miami looked like total shit against the Pacers with their big lineup of Haslem/Bosh/Andersen. No way does that lineup stand a chance against the Spurs. Then Lewis gets inserted, the floor opens up, and Miami and Lebron have their best games of the series. He just provides them with another weapon the Spurs had to worry about that was there before.

spurraider21
07-07-2014, 08:23 PM
:lol i'm gna bump this when mid starts an identical thread for Granger next year after he makes some 3's in the ECF

benefactor
07-07-2014, 08:26 PM
Granger will be in a suit by the the time they get to the ECF.

dg7md
07-07-2014, 09:24 PM
:lmao