PDA

View Full Version : Sources: Parker hopeful to play Game 1

InRareForm
06-01-2014, 12:45 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--tony-parker-hopeful-to-play-in-game-1-of-nba-finals-173134866.html

Robz4000
06-01-2014, 12:49 PM
We knew he was gonna play tbh. The question is is how serious the injury is and whether or not he can be effective?

Spurs 4 The Win
06-01-2014, 12:51 PM
I dont think it is that serious, the article wouldve been "tony parker hopeful to play in game 7" if we lost last night, trust me, this is misdirection, Tony will be 90%-95% come game 1, lets just hope he doesnt have any setbacks

it is just cover for if he continues to play poorly tbh

UZER
06-01-2014, 12:52 PM
Another year another parker injury.

swaggerjackson
06-01-2014, 12:55 PM
Dude, is anyone else kind of pissed off about how serious they take the loss of one player? Tony is an outstanding player, but the Spurs didn't cobble together a victory. They played solid basketball to win that game. Obviously there were lapses, but we are a formidable team without Parker. I'm getting so sick of the media placing the importance on one player (see Paul George). We are a solid team all around. Sure I want Parker back, but we are far from dead in the water without him. Rant over.

Spurs 4 The Win
06-01-2014, 12:57 PM
Dude, is anyone else kind of pissed off about how serious they take the loss of one player? Tony is an outstanding player, but the Spurs didn't cobble together a victory. They played solid basketball to win that game. Obviously there were lapses, but we are a formidable team without Parker. I'm getting so sick of the media placing the importance on one player (see Paul George). We are a solid team all around. Sure I want Parker back, but we are far from dead in the water without him. Rant over.

I agree but this series is one where we need parker to exploit chalmers, this is parkers chance to shine, without him, our margin for error drops unless mills and cojo step up huge

MultiTroll
06-01-2014, 01:00 PM
Not only were and are we far from dead with him out, when he is in ballhog mode and NOT hitting, he hurts us.
His point guard skills (lack thereof) show up when his jumper is not hitting and his drives are getting stuffed.
He also (at times) slacks on D.
Up to coach to be aware of this and correct ASAP.
We can get away with this for X number of possessions against lesser teams.
Otherwise, it can cost us a Championship.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
06-01-2014, 01:29 PM
I seriously think pop benched him. He had 3 4 bad to in the 1st half. Spurs proved this year they can win wo him.

Ithink he has a slight injury but pop saw he was doing more harm than good. There is a reason the Spurs out score OKC by 17 in the 3rd.

BackHome
06-01-2014, 01:34 PM
I think he was dinged up and since we hadn't won in Ok he was looking at game 7 with a healthy Parker.

absoloot66
06-01-2014, 01:54 PM
I seriously think pop benched him. He had 3 4 bad to in the 1st half. Spurs proved this year they can win wo him.

Ithink he has a slight injury but pop saw he was doing more harm than good. There is a reason the Spurs out score OKC by 17 in the 3rd.

I agree...this possibly had some part to play in the decision to rule him out for the 2nd half.

Spurs 4 The Win
06-01-2014, 01:55 PM
I think he was dinged up and since we hadn't won in Ok he was looking at game 7 with a healthy Parker.

Bingo, that was my immediate thought when he was sitting, we were hedging our bet, fortunately it worked out

BillMc
06-01-2014, 01:57 PM

Agreed, though I'm sure he let Tony think it was completely to preserve him for a Game 7.

Mugen
06-01-2014, 02:00 PM
It speaks volumes about the team when they can close out a series (twice) after arguably their best player goes down, one of those times being on the road against a team that's owned them for a couple of years. That's crazy tbh.

smaka
06-01-2014, 02:11 PM
I think Pop took him out because he obviously wasn't 100% with his ankle, and I believe Pop would rather have saved him for game 7 if needed, than to waste him on game 6 which we could lose, especially the way how it looked at the half.

dbreiden83080
06-01-2014, 03:29 PM
The finals have nice rests built in.. 4 days off till Thursday and then 2 days off till game 2.. 2 days off before game 5 and if needed 2 days off before game 7.. Odds of this going 7 are good IMO..

EVAY
06-01-2014, 03:34 PM
The finals have nice rests built in.. 4 days off till Thursday and then 2 days off till game 2.. 2 days off before game 5 and if needed 2 days off before game 7.. Odds of this going 7 are good IMO..

I could see leaving Parker out of the first game to give him more time to heal before going in next Saturday…a full week off would be better for a sprain.

I agree with whoever said that the real question will be whether or not he is effective. If he tries to play hobbled like in the last couple of games, he does us more harm than good, imo. Let him sit for the first game. Doubt that Pop will do it, but it would make some sense to me if he did.

lefty
06-01-2014, 05:45 PM
shit

ace3g
06-01-2014, 06:44 PM
Buck Harvey @Buck_SA
(https://twitter.com/Buck_SA)Parker expected to play Thursday? "Absolutely," said one who knows. #spurs (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23spurs)

Dex
06-01-2014, 06:51 PM
:smokin CIA Pop Move? :smokin

703 Spurz
06-01-2014, 08:08 PM
Pull an Ibaka and come back like Jesus walking on water.

BackHome
06-01-2014, 08:33 PM
I hope some dumb reporter ask Pop about Tony injury and he tells them he is out for the season...

TD 21
06-01-2014, 09:38 PM
As if there's any chance he won't. The real question is, how effective will he be?

If he can give them 3-4 games near peak form, they'll probably win in 6 (maybe 7). If he can only give them 1-2, they'll probably lose in 6 and if he can't give them any, then obviously they can't win.

heyheymymy
06-01-2014, 10:04 PM
could be cia pop playing ibaka games to fuck with the heat.

TheGreatYacht
06-02-2014, 02:03 AM
Parker I know you read these...

Save_Us_TP9

spurraider21
06-02-2014, 02:08 AM
He's going to have the entirety of Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday off... I think he'll be fine

T Park
06-02-2014, 02:28 AM
Re watched the first half of game 6. He was moving pretty damn well and was running very quickly. If the only limitation is side to side, then these four days will fix that. Tony heals fast, so I'm not that worried.

HI-FI
06-02-2014, 02:40 AM
shit
:lol

heyheymymy
06-02-2014, 02:43 AM
he was standing at the trophy ceremony, should rest up fine and might borrow lebrons stem cell smoothie for game one with a side of josh's placenta pills.

Baynes
06-02-2014, 04:41 AM
we saw how BAD Reggie Jackson and KD tweaked their ankle while playing yet they where able to continue. I'm sure this is just CIA Pop :hat

SpurAddict561
06-02-2014, 06:57 AM
He's out for the Finals, or will play in Game 1.

capek
06-02-2014, 07:12 AM
It speaks volumes about the team when they can close out a series (twice) after arguably their best player goes down, one of those times being on the road against a team that's owned them for a couple of years. That's crazy tbh.

The System© tbh.

spurspokesman
06-02-2014, 07:25 AM
Hope he's at his best because this series is ripe for him to go ape shit

SupremeGuy
06-02-2014, 08:05 AM
I hope some dumb reporter ask Pop about Tony injury and he tells them he is out for the season...That'd be hilarious, tbh. lol

100%duncan
06-02-2014, 08:16 AM
Parker has got to bring us to the promise land.

buttsR4rebounding
06-02-2014, 11:42 AM
I had an appointment with my orthopedist today. He is part of the San Antonio Sports Medicine Associates--the Spurs team doctors. I asked him about Parker. He said the MRI showed nothing. Pop just being cautious. Then he added, "And he's French".

Dex
06-02-2014, 11:44 AM
I had an appointment with my orthopedist today. He is part of the San Antonio Sports Medicine Associates--the Spurs team doctors. I asked him about Parker. He said the MRI showed nothing. Pop just being cautious. Then he added, "And he's French".

Was this at the airport?

look_at_g_shred
06-02-2014, 11:45 AM
It's the motherfucking finals. He's gonna play.

spurs10
06-02-2014, 01:04 PM
Was this at the airport?

I was tracking a wild pack of jackals with my trained hunting jaguars when I came upon on gypsy. He instructed me to ask Pierre at the SA airport, as he has the "inside French connection" with the Spurs, for any information. When I asked the gypsy if Tony was playing he said, "How the fuck would I know?" :downspin:

moisaenz
06-02-2014, 01:08 PM
POP just being Pop. he knew if spurs where going to win in OKC they would do it with parker. he didnt want to risk a game 7 and finals without parker.

myhc
06-02-2014, 01:09 PM
He's going to have the entirety of Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday off... I think he'll be fine

The game is at 9pm on Thursday so he'll essentially have an extra day to heal as well.

travis2
06-02-2014, 01:16 PM
The game is at 9pm on Thursday so he'll essentially have an extra day to heal as well.

Point taken, but it's 8pm here, not 9.

travis2
06-02-2014, 02:33 PM
Just heard on WOAI that he's been cleared for Thursday...

lefty
06-02-2014, 02:49 PM
link motherfucker

Prose
06-02-2014, 03:56 PM
Another year another parker injury.

The dude head been playing 3 years noon stop! Plus at 6'2 and lean being the focal point of the offense and driving fearlessly into the trees can take a tole. Try to be in his shoes before you talk shit. Even when he is injuired he plays his heart out

travis2
06-02-2014, 04:05 PM

link motherfucker

read motherfucker

UZER
06-02-2014, 04:08 PM
The dude head been playing 3 years noon stop! Plus at 6'2 and lean being the focal point of the offense and driving fearlessly into the trees can take a tole. Try to be in his shoes before you talk shit. Even when he is injuired he plays his heart out

:lol Thank you Pierre.

Not even gonna respond to that.

r0drig0lac
06-02-2014, 04:20 PM
read motherfucker

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

Beaverfuzz
06-02-2014, 04:28 PM
Out for the rest of the playoffs. That sucks. :( He and Ibaka can exchange steroid remedies to get better ASAP! :flag: :lobt2: :lobt:

dbreiden83080
06-02-2014, 04:37 PM
Parker has got to bring us to the promise land.

If you've been watching the playoffs you know that is not true. And if you have watched his career you also know that he can't.. He is the little brother on this team it has never been his no matter what Pop says this is not Tony's team. They need to win together without one player truly taking over in the series.. It's how they are built to win now..

ManuTastic
06-02-2014, 08:08 PM
Tony is widely understood to be the best player on the team, meaning: he has the highest ceiling. When he's on, he can pour in points and make the defense look stupid, faster and better than anyone else. When he's off, well, he's off. And he's on more games than he's off.
I personally don't like our chances against Miami if he's not pretty damn close to 100%.

mavsfan1000
06-02-2014, 08:33 PM
Out for the rest of the playoffs. That sucks. :( He and Ibaka can exchange steroid remedies to get better ASAP! :flag: :lobt2: :lobt:
Tough loss for the Spurs.

100%duncan
06-03-2014, 06:51 AM
If you've been watching the playoffs you know that is not true. And if you have watched his career you also know that he can't.. He is the little brother on this team it has never been his no matter what Pop says this is not Tony's team. They need to win together without one player truly taking over in the series.. It's how they are built to win now..

I have been watching the playoffs, and I know, that we still haven't seen the best of MVParker. Sure I agree that they have to win together, that's how the spurs have always been the past 3 years but match-ups considered, Parker should be able to beast on Chalmers and Cole to force LeBron to guard him so that Diaw and Kawhi can beast on their miss matches. "Taking us to the promise land" doesn't meant he's going to go hero making 36/9/6 per game it means Parker being a Parker and being the head of the snake.

Beaverfuzz
06-03-2014, 11:30 AM
Tough loss for the Spurs.

This just in (from Duncan on myspace), Parker has miraculously been healed by the grace of God last night and is ready to go.