PDA

View Full Version : Has a Spur player ever quit on this team more than Parker tbh..

freetiago
06-01-2014, 01:37 PM
the amount of quit this playoffs alone is getting ridiculous
no point in chronicling all the quit hes done but this one is pretty much the GOAT of quitting on your team

"We will always have a good team but we can no longer say that we're playing for a championship." -2011 Tony Parker

TheCerebral1
06-01-2014, 01:39 PM
Wow, the guy had a bum ankle and sat out. They won the game and the series. Sometimes posters her complain regardless of the context.

ChumpDumper
06-01-2014, 01:51 PM
The answer to the OP is yes.

SpursTalk's The Agenders in full force after minutes of faux celebration.

DarrinS
06-01-2014, 01:55 PM
Such an ungrateful fanbase

01Snake
06-01-2014, 01:56 PM
Thread Failure

BillMc
06-01-2014, 02:00 PM

06-01-2014, 02:28 PM

Thread Failure

Spurs4#5
06-01-2014, 02:31 PM
I don't understand why the mods just don't ban and block these people. Makes spurs talk and spurs fans seem like trash

Knoxxx
06-01-2014, 02:31 PM
This is out of context because it was before Duncan found the fountain of youth and was limping around on the court like he was on his last legs. The Spurs and Duncan subsequently had very strong seasons in 2012-2013 that nobody expected.

Make no mistake, TP is a warrior who just thought he was seeing the Duncan twilight and being a realist. After no Finals trips since 2007 and some epic FLAMEOUTS in the playoffs, every one thought the Spurs and the gimpy Duncan were done (not to mention Manu's chronic injury status).

TP plays through all kinds of injuries and has done it on every stage. Often the smallest man on the court, he can still bring it when sufficiently healthy and against most NBA matchups. With Ibaka and Westbrook hounding him, this was the worst possible matchup I can think of compared to any other NBA team. Come on, Westbrook 34 points while being guarded by Khawhi, 6 steals, that's surreal to play against.

Agloco
06-01-2014, 02:33 PM
no point in chronicling all the quit hes done but this one is pretty much the GOAT of quitting on your team

"We will always have a good team but we can no longer say that we're playing for a championship." -2011 Tony Parker

Pretty dumb. You that is.

myhc
06-01-2014, 02:36 PM
Another terrible thread on spurstalk. And the sky is blue. Like a citizens arrest, can we have like a citizens thread lock option?

jimbo
06-01-2014, 03:14 PM
:lol Spurfan can't handle the truth

http://www.shepherds-rod-speaks.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/iStock_000010656911XSmall.jpg

Hoops Czar
06-01-2014, 03:21 PM
If the OP isn't Harlem, he's got to be related somehow.

xmas1997
06-01-2014, 03:27 PM

This is so true that it stinks.
I can only surmise they these idiots are young immature ignorant trolls.
They hate Manu because he had the unmitigated gall to be hurt. They hate on TP now, and they probably hated on TD at one time or another.
The lack of class on here gets worse and worse.

smeagol
06-01-2014, 03:48 PM

The Spurs have accomplished what very few teams have, playing for an NBA ring in two consecutives seasons, and this is the kind of thread you start?

GTFO! Seriously, between tha asshole Manu haters, the douchebag Pop haters and the fucking imbecile Parker haters, this board has gone to the shitters . . .

Go and root for the Bobcats already, dumbfucks . . .

EVAY
06-01-2014, 03:55 PM
The Spurs have accomplished what very few teams have, playing for an NBA ring in two consecutives seasons, and this is the kind of thread you start?

GTFO! Seriously, between tha asshole Manu haters, the douchebag Pop haters and the fucking imbecile Parker haters, this board has gone to the shitters . . .

:tu Thank you.

Eloquent, even.

xmas1997
06-01-2014, 04:01 PM

You have echoed my thoughts completely.
And if you've read any of my posts this year then you would know I've been saying this very thing all year long as well as bashing the haters.
:flag:

Baam
06-01-2014, 04:02 PM

And right after that quote they traded GHill and he personally recruited Diaw... Maybe the FO needed to hear it cause it was 100% true at the time.

Biggest quitter is Tiago tbh, takes always twice as long as scheduled to come back from injury, passes up mismatches in the post and so on...

Toughest are Green and TP who took turn as Pop towel boys getting embarrassed by the old fart on a daily basis like no other Spurs in the Pop era...

jacuza20
06-01-2014, 04:20 PM
Jefferson? Anybody??

Pocho La Pantera
06-01-2014, 04:58 PM
This is so true that it stinks.
I can only surmise they these idiots are young immature ignorant trolls.
They hate Manu because he had the unmitigated gall to be hurt. They hate on TP now, and they probably hated on TD at one time or another.
The lack of class on here gets worse and worse.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
06-01-2014, 05:15 PM
The op should rename this thread has there been so many posters of this site quit on the Spurs.

xmas1997
06-01-2014, 05:17 PM
The op should rename this thread has there been so many posters of this site quit on the Spurs.

:lmao
How true.
Wish some other retarded ones would tbh.
And you know who you are.

dbestpro
06-01-2014, 05:24 PM
Such an ungrateful fan

fixed.

moisaenz
06-01-2014, 05:27 PM
POP told him to sit down ..

lefty
06-01-2014, 05:47 PM
:cry

Biernutz
06-01-2014, 05:53 PM
Dennis Rodman quit on us playoffs when we played the Jazz to chase Madonna ......

Hemotivo
06-01-2014, 07:23 PM

this

spurso
06-01-2014, 07:28 PM
Wow, this forum is really struggling. All the Parker hate is amazing. We are the best franchise in the last decade and people still complain. Go cheer for the Cavs if you don't like it here. Go Spurs Go

ducks
06-01-2014, 07:42 PM
Check out this article I found on ExpressNews.com: http://www.expressnews.com/sports/spurs/article/Injured-Parker-showed-a-lot-of-guts-5520238.php?cmpid=twitter-premium&t=a8aeb362d0927fc3fb&cmpid=email-premium&t=a8aeb362d0

DocDoc
06-01-2014, 08:00 PM
See, Rodman, Dennis....

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-01-2014, 08:34 PM
Malik Rose. He was all heart for the 2003 run but by the 2005 playoffs it was like he wasn't even there anymore.

heyheymymy
06-01-2014, 09:46 PM
burn this thread.

Skull-1
06-01-2014, 09:54 PM
Parker is a pussy Vichy Frenchman. Surrender is in his blood. Perhaps Diaw's family were in the resistance, hence he fights to the bitter end.

Skull-1
06-01-2014, 09:58 PM
he fights in the most passive aggressive manner possibly possible

Fix your signature!!!!

sehui
06-01-2014, 09:59 PM
I have a somewhat c onspiracy theory:

Parker is still not the best player on our team.

During that 2008-2011 stint, Ginobili was really carrying us. However, being the main go to on offense caused him to get injured more frequently. So they decided to shift to having TP be the main offensive go to starting the 2012 season, making up some bullshit about some France leadership making him so much better. But he has so many matchup problems, which is expected for a PG who depended on speed during his youth and who still can't hit jumpshots at a reliable clip.

Notice how whenever TP is struggling , Ginobili automatically picks up his game. I thought it was even more apparent when TP was out of the rotation in game 6, we played our best game yet with Ibaka returning. Cory Joseph provided much better defense and energy, and more minutes to patty mills gave us more spacing and a 3 pnt threat.

Besides TP's scoring, which isn't a huge thing when it comes to the Spurs due to the nature of the system/open looks, he causes so many bad mismatches for us.

Spur|n|Austin
06-01-2014, 11:21 PM
can't
being pinked means i can't start threads, edit my post or change my sig

i also dont remember really waht my avatar is

:lol

superbigtime
06-01-2014, 11:23 PM
Moron. TP has zero quit in him.

hater
06-01-2014, 11:53 PM
MvParker was the only Spur that didnt quit that game 6 in the Miami Finals. He came in scored a fadeaway and then stole the ball and scored a step back 3 to put spurs up witb 50 seconds left.

it was the rest of the team that quit on TP onto the biggest chokejob in NBA history. Im surprised TP forgave the choker teamates tbh. Hes got a heart of gold :tu

freetiago
06-02-2014, 02:51 AM
I just cant defend him anymore
im one of the few people who actually do defend him and dont cliffjump on the team
but its gotten ridiculous at this point how he doesnt even feel the need to go to the bench and cheer on the team and instead hides in the locker room

how many seconds did Parker play in closeout games in the second half of the last 2 series tbh..

also his "ankle" injuries only happen in games hes playing terribly in where he shows no effort
its possible to get injured playing well too
see Al Jefferson going 5/5 from the field then getting injured
Tony only gets injured in games he plays horribly in and has his excuse ready to go

hater
06-02-2014, 02:59 AM
Id rather have a player quit than dish 8 assists to the opponent in a Finals clincher ImHo

Pocho La Pantera
06-02-2014, 10:43 AM
Id rather have a player quit than dish 8 assists to the opponent in a Finals clincher ImHoass hurt?

ulosturedge
06-02-2014, 10:59 AM
Wasn't it Parker who set the tone early against the Mavericks in a crucial game 7 in the first round? If it wasn't for that we might not even be making an appearance in the Finals again this year.

Dudes playing through nagging injuries and never complains about it. He might be the youngest of the big 3 but he's definitely got a lot more mileage on his body then the average player at his age. As much of the load he's had to carry the past 3 or 4 years what do you expect?