PDA

View Full Version : Call me crazy

Horse
06-01-2014, 01:59 PM
But after last yr the way we figured them out and the fact that we are clearly better than last yr and they go worse, refs aside I don't see how they can beat us.

TampaDude
06-01-2014, 03:03 PM
The Spurs are on a mission, like the Mavs were in 2011. We got this shit. :hat

Horse
06-01-2014, 05:17 PM
Not saying it will be easy but I think we should be the clear favorite.

poeticism707
06-01-2014, 05:19 PM
Never underestimate the amount of foodstamps Stern and Silver dispense.

hater
06-01-2014, 05:19 PM
Heat in 5. Unless Parker recovers.

TheGoldStandard
06-01-2014, 05:20 PM
Spurs will have an easier time beating the Heat than they did OKC.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
06-01-2014, 05:20 PM
Dwayne Wade is playing better though... and Ginobili has struggled against Miami this year.. then again he struggled against OKC too and slayed them this past round..

06-01-2014, 05:21 PM
:lmao

tbh I'm not sure what to expect from this series. With the heat playing such garbage competition, it's hard to guage where they're at. Game 1 should be indicative.

xmas1997
06-01-2014, 05:24 PM
I think Spurs in 5, with or without TP, but I hope with.
Yet I wouldn't bet the house on it.
But never bet against the Spurs, you will lose more often than you win if you do.

xellos88330
06-01-2014, 05:32 PM
But after last yr the way we figured them out and the fact that we are clearly better than last yr and they go worse, refs aside I don't see how they can beat us.

Saw what you did with your thread title. CRAZY HORSE!!! Well played. :P

spurraider21
06-01-2014, 05:45 PM
Dwayne Wade is playing better though... and Ginobili has struggled against Miami this year.. then again he struggled against OKC too and slayed them this past round..
i don't think Manu was bad at all against OKC in 2012, if thats what you were referring to. that series was more about Parker and Green shrinking and OKC hitting an inordinate amount of midrange jumpers

RD2191
06-01-2014, 05:51 PM
Not saying it will be easy but I think we should be the clear favorite.
:lol

heyheymymy
06-01-2014, 09:50 PM
Heat feel like less of a goliath this year for some reason.

and Spurs feel like they belong more this year for some reason.

Dex
06-02-2014, 09:32 AM
Ah SpursTalk, polarizing as always.

Last I checked, the Heat still have Lebron.

Horse
06-02-2014, 12:41 PM
:lol

Do you actully have an opinon or just a laughing face?

boutons_deux
06-02-2014, 12:41 PM
To lose is unthinkable.

Horse
06-02-2014, 12:43 PM
My reasoning is look at okc when ibaka didn't play. Now consider miamis interior D. Timmy will go off again. I realize miami's perimiter D is very good but that's where the ball movement comes in. Tony doesn't really have to guard anyone atleast not chase them around. And our bench is better.

FromWayDowntown
06-02-2014, 12:48 PM
I don't really expect the Spurs to win, but I think there's reason to be optimistic that they can get this done.

For as well as the Finals were played last year (and I agree with the consensus that it was about the best Finals series in the last generation) I thought that happened in part because the 2013 Finals was an incredibly well officiated series. I hope that the 12 officials who get the call again this year will work hard to honor that and just let these teams play basketball.

Spur|n|Austin
06-02-2014, 01:03 PM
Some people are going to be in for quite a rude awakening when they realize who we're playing.

Johnny RIngo
06-02-2014, 01:12 PM
we are clearly better than last yr

We'd be even better if we didn't waste the MLE on two low-IQ scrubs.

TacoCabanaFajitas
06-02-2014, 01:37 PM
The over-confidence among fans around the league in the Spurs is starting to worry me. Maybe it's been too long since the Spurs entered as the favorites to win The Finals and I forgot how that felt I can remember before playing The Pistons in 2005, every Spurs fan was on here taking San Antonio in 5 games max. This Heat team may not be as great as they were last year, but they're still back to back champs and seem to have taken it up a notch this last game vs Indiana. If I was forced to put my life savings on the line, I'd probably go Heat in 6 just because I've spent the last year believing the Spurs blew their best chance to beat these guys last year. Who knows, should be awesome

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
06-02-2014, 01:39 PM
The over-confidence among fans around the league in the Spurs is starting to worry me. Maybe it's been too long since the Spurs entered as the favorites to win The Finals and I forgot how that felt I can remember before playing The Pistons in 2005, every Spurs fan was on here taking San Antonio in 5 games max. This Heat team may not be as great as they were last year, but they're still back to back champs and seem to have taken it up a notch this last game vs Indiana. If I was forced to put my life savings on the line, I'd probably go Heat in 6 just because I've spent the last year believing the Spurs blew their best chance to beat these guys last year. Who knows, should be awesome

Dude, it doesn't matter what the fans think. Actually, you want over confident and rowdy fans b/c they will go crazy at the home games.

Its about the players, and the Spurs are the most focus I have seen them since they took the '03 title.

TacoCabanaFajitas
06-02-2014, 01:42 PM
Dude, it doesn't matter what the fans think. Actually, you want over confident and rowdy fans b/c they will go crazy at the home games.

Its about the players, and the Spurs are the most focus I have seen them since they took the '03 title.

You're missing the point about overconfident fanbases and media. It reminds me of USC and the hype they had going into the Rose Bowl vs Vince Young and Texas.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
06-02-2014, 01:52 PM
You're missing the point about overconfident fanbases and media. It reminds me of USC and the hype they had going into the Rose Bowl vs Vince Young and Texas.

And it came down to VY and his play. And remember USC was the defending champs. Spurs should have won last year. The Basketball Gods (so to speak) just didn't let it be so. The media aren't confident. Most are saying 7 games for the Spurs (w the Spurs having HC advantage).

Fans are confident in the Spurs winning this. I am. Its like Pop said, This team has shown fortitude this year. I know its cliche', but the Spurs have that Eye of the Tiger look. They are hungry. They want it. Game 6 of the OKC showed it, from Tim to even Bonner, those guy played with a purpose.

I have seen enough from these Spurs to believe that they will win this series. Mavs series, never doubted them. OKC series, never doubted them. And I have no doubt with this series as well.

http://www.nba.com/spurs/gameday/140306

RD2191
06-02-2014, 02:43 PM
Do you actully have an opinon or just a laughing face?
:dramaquee

Jimcs50
06-02-2014, 02:45 PM
It's a lock

DMC
06-02-2014, 02:49 PM

Crazy Horse

cd021
06-02-2014, 02:52 PM
Never underestimate the amount of foodstamps Stern and Silver dispense.
Last year was the best officiated series by far. This year the Heat and Spurs are among the worst teams in the playoffs to get to the FT line. Miami is actually worse than San Antonio in that regard.

This should be a well officiated series with minimal reffing issues,

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
06-13-2014, 12:34 AM
And it came down to VY and his play. And remember USC was the defending champs. Spurs should have won last year. The Basketball Gods (so to speak) just didn't let it be so. The media aren't confident. Most are saying 7 games for the Spurs (w the Spurs having HC advantage).

Fans are confident in the Spurs winning this. I am. Its like Pop said, This team has shown fortitude this year. I know its cliche', but the Spurs have that Eye of the Tiger look. They are hungry. They want it. Game 6 of the OKC showed it, from Tim to even Bonner, those guy played with a purpose.

I have seen enough from these Spurs to believe that they will win this series. Mavs series, never doubted them. OKC series, never doubted them. And I have no doubt with this series as well.

http://www.nba.com/spurs/gameday/140306

Spurs want it more, took barkley a awhile but he finally saw it after tonight's game.

dg7md
06-13-2014, 12:35 AM

Come on hater. :lol