PDA

View Full Version : "Spurs are old and will tire out."

xellos88330
06-01-2014, 02:27 PM
I can't believe people are still saying this. The only team to push the Spurs to the brink this season was another team of old guys. The young Blazers and the young Thunder were supposed to tire out the Spurs, but it looked the complete and total opposite in the games. The ball movement the Spurs employ is absolutely critical in tiring out the opposing team. I don't care how young you are, you will get tired chasing the ball everywhere. The Spurs may have lost a step or two over the years, but the ball can move faster than they ever could.

GO SPURS GO!!! Show the world the old man game!!!

UZER
06-01-2014, 02:40 PM
:lol Barkley said they would loose to mavs, then Portland, the okc, now Miami.

Every time he picks its because "they're old".

And no I don't give a fuck about Barkley. Just pointing out it cuz of OP

weebo
06-01-2014, 02:41 PM
The Spurs go at least 10 deep. Most teams go 8 at most, with the majority of the minutes played by their starters. This thing about the Spurs being "too old" or "too tired" is offset by the fact that their bench plays significant portions of the game, limiting the time the starters are on the floor.

DMC
06-01-2014, 02:46 PM
The Spurs go at least 10 deep. Most teams go 8 at most, with the majority of the minutes played by their starters. This thing about the Spurs being "too old" or "too tired" is offset by the fact that their bench plays significant portions of the game, limiting the time the starters are on the floor.

And often their bench is what turns games around or pushes a lead into a blowout.

Knoxxx
06-01-2014, 02:47 PM
Look at the Thunder bench if you want examples of too old, too, tired, or can't play a lick. Their bench was Adams, Fisher, and Butler. Two fossils and a greenie.

DarrinS
06-01-2014, 02:52 PM
Aren't the heat the oldest team?

testies
06-01-2014, 02:52 PM
half court game is not about athleticism, but about smart defense and good play calling

a few small things go differently and memphis would be playins us in WCF

cd98
06-01-2014, 03:39 PM
Funny because OKC looked tired in OT.

Limguogolo
06-01-2014, 04:32 PM
They're old and they get tired playing against college players. That's why they win. Each new line in the record from this team is a new lesson for these college players. Move the ball and let the opponent tires out its young ass. Churchill could have play in this team. Let the bombs fall and take a cigar, no sport for me.