PDA

View Full Version : Start Boris

DAF86
06-01-2014, 03:11 PM
It's the clear move. If Pop doesn't do it he is crazy.

jARS mEsH sEt
06-01-2014, 03:27 PM
We haven't even played a game against Miami yet. It's not the "clear move" at all.

Chinook
06-01-2014, 03:29 PM
It's not really clear at all yet. Splitter has the potential to take Bosh out of the series. Diaw has the potential to draw James when the Heat play Lebron at the four. Duncan would have to guard a shooting big regardless, and I'd rather it be Lewis.

dbreiden83080
06-01-2014, 03:34 PM
Splitter and Diaw both must play well to win.. Heat have trouble with size and Diaw has to play several roles like he usually does..

cd021
06-01-2014, 03:34 PM
We haven't even played a game against Miami yet. It's not the "clear move" at all.
this.
If they start Lewis, start Bonner and keep Diaw coming off the bench with the legion. He'd still play 30 minutes.

DAF86
06-01-2014, 03:36 PM
this.
If they start Lewis, start Bonner and keep Diaw coming off the bench with the legion. He'd still play 30 minutes.

Bonner shouldn't play at all against this team. Maybe 5 or 8 minutes but nothing more.

cd98
06-01-2014, 03:37 PM
Diaw has a role with second unit and Pop won't change that. I do think we continue to start Bonner at 4 bc the only good line up Heat have is small ball with Bosh at center.

timtonymanu
06-01-2014, 03:43 PM
I think Pop goes back to the Splitter Duncan lineup, at least to start the series.

td4mvp21
06-01-2014, 03:44 PM
Yes, please.

testies
06-01-2014, 03:45 PM
splitter duncan also doesn't work against the Heat, remember last year

cd021
06-01-2014, 03:58 PM
Bonner shouldn't play at all against this team. Maybe 5 or 8 minutes but nothing more.
If Tiago and Tim can check Lewis and Bosh while protecting the paint then fine. But Miami traps quite a bit so having a stretch four is helpful.

Limguogolo
06-01-2014, 04:09 PM
You only put players in the starting linup when they play good in the bad teams. There's only one ball and it's not a all start game. Keep him at the end of the game as he already does. Thinking about the starting linup it's like thinking about the score at the end of the tip-off. Well... what matters is who plays at the end to win the game. The Thunder had solved the issue: all starters needed to play 48m. Yeah, that's not basketball, that's a poster. Not a winning poster, but a linup poster. Therefore a loser issue.

Baam
06-01-2014, 04:27 PM
Both bigs can virtually help the guards beat traps with their passing... The problem is the shitty spacing, we want Duncan in the post against these weak post defenders... Then again we want Boris in the post as well so keeping them separated to start the game is cool but who do you start... Maybe start a guard (once again) , the Heat is gonna have a mismatch but ours should be better... Kawhi defends on Bosh, Green on LeBron, Cojo on Wade and go from there...

Aztecfan03
06-01-2014, 04:33 PM
You only put players in the starting linup when they play good in the bad teams. There's only one ball and it's not a all start game. Keep him at the end of the game as he already does. Thinking about the starting linup it's like thinking about the score at the end of the tip-off. Well... what matters is who plays at the end to win the game. The Thunder had solved the issue: all starters needed to play 48m. Yeah, that's not basketball, that's a poster. Not a winning poster, but a linup poster. Therefore a loser issue.

what?

smaka
06-01-2014, 04:55 PM
There is no reason to put all your weapons in the starting lineup.

DAF86
06-01-2014, 05:08 PM
what?

Seriously. :lol

Malik Hairston
06-01-2014, 05:20 PM
As long as Bonner doesn't start anymore, tbh..it was a cute move, but the Spurs were in a hole to begin both games that Bonner started..

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-01-2014, 05:42 PM
Don't know about messing with the rotations right off the bat but given how many minutes Lebron plays there are bound to be some times where Lebron is covering him and I hope the Spurs attack him in the post with Boris when that happens. David West had some success doing that and anything that pulls Lebron off the perimeter and away from attacking passing lanes is a plus. Ii think he works better as a change up off the bench than right out of the gate.

urunobili
06-01-2014, 06:01 PM
Thought about it after his post game 6 interview sharing his guilt for not doing more last year. With that said, they don't have an Ibaka like presence for us to start with a stretch 4. It's Splitter's job to lose.

Jenks
06-01-2014, 06:18 PM
Tiago was taken out of the starting lineup because of spacing problems on the offensive end, 2 guys sitting around the block allowed Ibaka to go apeshit and hand back anything the Spurs put up within 10 feet of the rim.

Unless you think Bosh, Lewis, or anyone they put in the starting lineup is going to roam and protect the rim like that, there's no reason to do this. On top of it, Tiago is the best defender on the team (in the league?) against bigs with an outside shot. After what he did to Dirk and LMA this year, putting him on Bosh is a no brainer.

Spurs da champs
06-01-2014, 06:36 PM
2 stretch 4's here, it's gonna be difficult for Duncan, but making Miami pay for that usually prompts Spoelstra to go big.

Dex
06-01-2014, 06:43 PM
Negative. Miami struggles with bigs. Make them show that they can do something about the Duncan / Splitter combo. Then attack them with the foreign legion off the bench.

DAF86
06-02-2014, 07:23 PM
Imho, Boris needs to play around 30/35 mins this series, and the best way to do that is by starting him.

He can matchup with whoever the Heat decide to play, whether it is a traditional line-up or smallball.

And on offense he can keep doing what he did against OKC.

Diaw at the 4 is one of the biggest matchup advantages that the Spurs have and they need to use it as much as possible specially if Tony isn't 100%.

VBM
06-02-2014, 07:25 PM
Clear move = Ayres in a suit and Daye in a jersey

SpurPadre
06-02-2014, 07:30 PM
Diaw started over Splitter back in the March game when we blew them the fuck out. Can we really afford to see everyone but their ballboy dunk on and block Splitter?

cjw
06-02-2014, 07:41 PM
Tiago was taken out of the starting lineup because of spacing problems on the offensive end, 2 guys sitting around the block allowed Ibaka to go apeshit and hand back anything the Spurs put up within 10 feet of the rim.

Unless you think Bosh, Lewis, or anyone they put in the starting lineup is going to roam and protect the rim like that, there's no reason to do this. On top of it, Tiago is the best defender on the team (in the league?) against bigs with an outside shot. After what he did to Dirk and LMA this year, putting him on Bosh is a no brainer.

Exactly. Don't equate what happened in the '13 finals to the OKC series this year. Very different reasons for Tiago to be sitting.

jag
06-02-2014, 07:54 PM

I agree. Couldn't have said it better myself

DAF86
06-02-2014, 09:20 PM
Clear move = Ayres in a suit and Daye in a jersey

That too, tbh.

Old School 44
06-02-2014, 09:36 PM
You are absolutely correct, if the linup is poor, don't play with one ball, but at the end game only. Score off jumpball good. The Thunder not smart, but what matters is who has most points at finish. All teams players play long minutes have poor game. If you play to take pictures, not a good linup but a poster. Therefore everyone loses, but take a nice picture.

chicken eye
06-02-2014, 09:57 PM
You are absolutely correct, if the linup is poor, don't play with one ball, but at the end game only. Score off jumpball good. The Thunder not smart, but what matters is who has most points at finish. All teams players play long minutes have poor game. If you play to take pictures, not a good linup but a poster. Therefore everyone loses, but take a nice picture.

:lol

ezau
06-02-2014, 10:15 PM
Although I don't mind seeing Splitter start, the problem with him is he coudn't even postup smaller defenders on him. He could play defense, yes, but the Heat will simply clog the lane because they know he can't create shots on his own. I'm thinking POP will start Boris, especially with how successful he was when the Spurs played the Heat last March.

Mugen
06-02-2014, 10:46 PM
I like starting Diaw as well and attack the paint early either w/ TP penetration or TD/Boris post ups. If they can force Spo to bring in Birdman early to go big then they can sub in Splitter for Diaw.

cd021
06-02-2014, 10:51 PM
As long as Bonner doesn't start anymore, tbh..it was a cute move, but the Spurs were in a hole to begin both games that Bonner started..

I like the move to start Bonner. If Miami continues to start Lewis then Bonner is a decent choice. Bonner should be able to cancel out Lewis while spacing the floor and keeping them from trapping p&rs while keeping Diaw with Manu, Mills & Splitter coming off the bench.

Diaw is likely going to need to play big minutes. Having Bonner eat up 12 minutes to start each half should all Diaw to only need to play about 30 mpg. Anything more and I'd start to worry about fatigue and possibly foul trouble.

Russ
06-02-2014, 10:51 PM
Here is Boris' stat line in the Spurs 111-87 win in SA over Miami on March 6.

Boris started the game and Splitter came off the bench.

MIN FGM-A 3PM-A FTM-A OREB DREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF +/- PTS

37 5-5 2-2 4-5 2 6 8 5 1 0 4 1 +23 16

(Sorry, but I find it impossible to format this -- I think you get the idea.)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400489787

Spur|n|Austin
06-02-2014, 11:15 PM

Thats beautiful.

Mugen
06-02-2014, 11:17 PM
Bonner shouldn't see a meaningful second in this series tbh.

Venti Quattro
06-02-2014, 11:18 PM
Spread the talent. It's not a 12-minute game

Bonner shouldn't see a meaningful second in this series tbh.

Stretch 4 tbh

Mugen
06-02-2014, 11:19 PM
Stretch 4 tbh

3 big rotation + small ball tbh.

LakerHater
06-02-2014, 11:28 PM
I heard somewhere that Errors might be a good rotation player in this series, chasing Bosh out the the 3!

G-Dawgg
06-03-2014, 06:59 AM
The Spurs don't need a replacement power forward for Duncan when he retires after this seadon. They can just move Fatty into the starting lineup instead

dg7md
06-03-2014, 07:05 AM
Diaw is much better off the bench to lead the second unit, we need him off of the bench unless Splitter and Bonner have shown to be worthless in this series.

spurspokesman
06-03-2014, 07:20 AM
Negative. Miami struggles with bigs. Make them show that they can do something about the Duncan / Splitter combo. Then attack them with the foreign legion off the bench.

My thoughts exactly

CGD
06-03-2014, 07:22 AM
Nah, start Tim and Splitter until Miami makes the adjustment. Splitter can check Bosh similar to LMA, while Duncan can check Battier. Make the heat prove they can defend Tim with the smaller player first. Splitter is also going to have to man up on offense if Bosh starts checking Tim down low.

Brazil
06-03-2014, 12:07 PM
Starter or not, Boris is key for this serie. His versatility is gonna be huge for this match up, like Lebron he can play almost all position including PG. If he plays aggressive through the serie near game 6 level, I like Spurs chances tbh.

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-03-2014, 12:12 PM
It's not who starts but who finishes.

DAF86
06-03-2014, 03:46 PM
It's not who starts but who finishes.

Sometimes it is who starts. If not ask Pop for the previous series.

Mr. Body
06-03-2014, 03:49 PM
If Miami can't defend Duncan-Splitter in the post, or Duncan-Diaw, they won't last the series. Indiana could have been much better with outside shooting alongside David West.

eric365
06-03-2014, 03:58 PM
From the grantland article:
Parker - Manu - Kawhi - Boris - Timmy only 4 minutes in the 2013 finals.

Danny was great but that lineup should be played a lot this year

DAF86
06-03-2014, 04:00 PM
From the grantland article:
Parker - Manu - Kawhi - Boris - Timmy only 4 minutes in the 2013 finals.

Danny was great but that lineup should be played a lot this year

Most of that article talks about how the Spurs should start Diaw and play him as much as possible.

Pako
06-03-2014, 04:06 PM
I would like to see him sub Duncan to guard Chris Bosh. We can not use Splitter to guard non-offensive minded players like haslem or birdman. He is the reason why we won Dallas and Portland because they have offensive minded big.. Bosh is an offensive minded big. Also, Splitter plays well with Ginobili setting pick and roll.
Diaw should start, that will be beneficial for Spurs because it creates mismatches.

Brazil
06-03-2014, 04:12 PM
Sometimes it is who starts. If not ask Pop for the previous series.

yup

it is also who starts

Blake
06-03-2014, 04:29 PM
Lebronis Diaw

Blake
06-03-2014, 05:07 PM
I want to see Boris come off the bench to guard James.

Splitter to start on Bosh

mavsfan1000
06-03-2014, 05:36 PM
Bosh and Lewis are going to hit a bunch of 3's if the Spurs stay big.

ace3g
06-03-2014, 06:23 PM
TortiousTroll @TortiousTroll
(https://twitter.com/TortiousTroll)Interesting from Lowe: Parker-Ginobili-Leonard-Diaw-TD played 4 minutes together in the Finals last year, 33 in playoffs. 81 this playoffs

freetiago
06-03-2014, 07:10 PM
Boris should be starting and playing 30+ minutes tbh..
on top of being a Lebron stopper he played extremely well vs Miami offensively
not only does he take away Battier from the starting lineup but hes also a counter to Lewis

Lewis is extremely washed up and the only reason he went off vs Indiana was because they defended the exact same every single time on the pick and roll
they let Lewis know how when and where he could get any shot he wanted at any time
they told West/Hibbert to sit in the paint so he could just pop to any 3 point spot he wanted and Lebron would find him

Spurs have multiple ways to defend him and they actually want him on the court tbh since hes one of the worst defending bigs in the NBA
cant rebound anymore and cant hit a shot either even if hes wide open

my recommendation would be to have Boris guard Lebron and Leonard guard Lewis
this works out perfectly because it allows Leonard to be in a position which he shines which is playing the passing lanes and he is athletic enough to run Lewis off the 3 point line on Lebron drives
Diaw can check Lebron 1vs1 and if he goes for the pick and roll you simply switch it and put the even better defender on Lebron in Kawhi
Spurs also have the options of hedging and trapping with a Leonard/Diaw defense

DAF86
06-03-2014, 07:42 PM
One of the reasons we lost against this team last year is 'cause we didn't play Diaw enough minutes, imho.

Nathan89
06-03-2014, 08:05 PM

They won't be any more open against Tim and Tiago than they will be against Tim and Boris.

Nathan89
06-03-2014, 08:10 PM
One of the reasons we lost against this team last year is 'cause we didn't play Diaw enough minutes, imho.

He will get enough minutes this year but that doesn't necessitate starting.

DAF86
06-03-2014, 08:12 PM
He will get enough minutes this year but that doesn't necessitate starting.

Of course not, but starting guarantees you more minutes and I think Boris needs to play as much as possible.

wildchild
06-03-2014, 08:52 PM

Don't sleep on Boris, he shut down you in game 5. Do it again Bobo!

Blake
06-03-2014, 10:15 PM

Hey, remember when Tiago played great defense on Dirk and the Spurs crushed Dallas fans dreams of an upset?

I do. Good times.

Blake
06-03-2014, 10:17 PM
Of course not, but starting guarantees you more minutes.....

Wut

mavsfan1000
06-04-2014, 12:26 AM
Hey, remember when Tiago played great defense on Dirk and the Spurs crushed Dallas fans dreams of an upset?

I do. Good times.
Dirk wasn't hitting his 3 point shots. I don't know what happened to his 3 point shot. But Bosh is much better at hitting that shot. Plus Lebron is the player that will make the plays to get Bosh and Lewis open shots. Splitter isn't quick enough to close out on them.

heyheymymy
06-04-2014, 12:37 AM
watch it be red rocket again.

Blake
06-04-2014, 08:15 AM
Dirk wasn't hitting his 3 point shots. I don't know what happened to his 3 point shot. But Bosh is much better at hitting that shot.

Dirk hit 40% from 3 this year. Bosh hit 34%.

_jin
06-04-2014, 09:49 AM
@danmccarneysaen (https://twitter.com/danmccarneysaen) Interesting quote from Popovich on Diaw: "He's such a versatile player, I'm still learning how to use him."

mavsfan1000
06-04-2014, 10:06 AM
Dirk hit 40% from 3 this year. Bosh hit 34%.
I don't have the stats. But I believe Bosh took a bunch more 3's than Dirk. Dirk usually takes his shots wide open in transition to catch the team off guard. But Dirk usually plays closer to the rim. Around mid range area.

Blake
06-04-2014, 11:07 AM
I don't have the stats. But I believe Bosh took a bunch more 3's than Dirk.

This year:

Bosh 2.7 three point attempts per game

Dirk 4.1

http://m.bkref.com/m?p=XXplayersXXnXXnowitdi01.html

Floyd Pacquiao
06-04-2014, 11:10 AM
Well pop did start him last time the spurs played the heat

Blake
06-04-2014, 11:18 AM
But Dirk usually plays closer to the rim. Around mid range area.

pause at the 2:52 mark and look where Splitter is guarding Dirk in the half court offense.

HaWWxX2WRT8

Tiago has better perimeter defense than most people know. It could be a reason Dirk sucked from 3 point land in the playoffs.

Unless Pop goes with Boris just because he has the hot hand, I think he starts Splitter and puts him on Bosh.

DAF86
06-04-2014, 05:31 PM
Wut

If you start you will usually play more minutes than what you normally play. For example: the only reason Bonner saw some minutes in the last two games was 'cause he started. Boris averages around 25 minutes per game, starting that number would probably go up to 30/32 minutes.

DAF86
06-04-2014, 05:34 PM
pause at the 2:52 mark and look where Splitter is guarding Dirk in the half court offense.

HaWWxX2WRT8

Tiago has better perimeter defense than most people know. It could be a reason Dirk sucked from 3 point land in the playoffs.

Unless Pop goes with Boris just because he has the hot hand, I think he starts Splitter and puts him on Bosh.

What if they start Rashard Lewis instead of Haslem. Who does Duncan guard?

superbigtime
06-04-2014, 06:05 PM
You only put players in the starting linup when they play good in the bad teams. There's only one ball and it's not a all start game. Keep him at the end of the game as he already does. Thinking about the starting linup it's like thinking about the score at the end of the tip-off. Well... what matters is who plays at the end to win the game. The Thunder had solved the issue: all starters needed to play 48m. Yeah, that's not basketball, that's a poster. Not a winning poster, but a linup poster. Therefore a loser issue.This. I feel ya.

xmas1997
06-04-2014, 06:13 PM
It's not really clear at all yet. Splitter has the potential to take Bosh out of the series. Diaw has the potential to draw James when the Heat play Lebron at the four. Duncan would have to guard a shooting big regardless, and I'd rather it be Lewis.

I totally agree.

heyheymymy
06-04-2014, 11:48 PM
What if they start Rashard Lewis instead of Haslem. Who does Duncan guard?

EDIT: i like the idea here of splitter on bosh like he shut down LMA and dirk

mavsfan1000
06-05-2014, 12:01 AM
EDIT: i like the idea here of splitter on bosh like he shut down LMA and dirk
So Duncan will be guarding Rashard Lewis? :lol

heyheymymy
06-05-2014, 01:54 AM
So Duncan will be guarding Rashard Lewis? :lol

so they start chalmers, wade, lebron, lewis, bosh? i counter with parker, green, leonard, diaw, duncan. not sure bosh doesnt pull duncan out and if that can be mitigated with some help D on the perimeter if bosh starts going for 3s but you make adjustments from there.

you're right, if lewis can came through and produce, that's a tough match up for the spurs to respond to.

spurraider21
06-05-2014, 01:58 AM
While its true that going against Stephenson/George should somewhat prep LeBron for Green/Leonard, its also really important to realize that the Spurs and Pacers play LeBron very differently. He won't be able to attack our defense the same way he did with the Pacers. The Spurs tend to play 'no middle' and the Pacers on the other hand were content with "funneling" LeBron into Hibbert/West.

kobyz
06-05-2014, 08:50 AM
Must start Patty! Miami doesn't play with two bigs so you then can hide Tony against Battier or Lewis and let Patty chase Mario, on offense you will get more from Patty than Bonner!

SouthernFried
06-05-2014, 08:58 AM
I like Diaw coming in with Manu

TheGreatYacht
06-05-2014, 07:57 PM
Duncan and Splitter starting... Against Lewis and Bosh... I smell big games for Lewis...

DAF86
06-05-2014, 07:58 PM
Duncan and Splitter starting... Against Lewis and Bosh... I smell big games for Lewis...

Retarded, Splitter can't post up Lewis. Expect a Miami run to start off the game.

DAF86
06-05-2014, 08:39 PM
You can tell the Duncan-Splitter pair to start isn't going to last long.

DAF86
06-05-2014, 09:38 PM
Fucking stubborn Pop with the Duncan-Splitter pair to start the second half again. It just won't work, realize it already.

DAF86
06-05-2014, 10:50 PM
+30 on 33 minutes. Game almost got away because Pop forgot about him at the end of the 3rd, start of the 4th.

Baam
06-05-2014, 10:51 PM
+30 on 33 minutes. Game almost got away because Pop forgot about him at the end of the 3rd, start of the 4th.

Yeah he should clearly play 40min a game, Pop with the epic fail, he got lucky it didn't cost us the game...

PingPong
06-05-2014, 10:54 PM
Boris, the camel. Dude is fatty, played 33 mins and didn't suffered from the heat.

DAF86
06-05-2014, 10:56 PM
Can we all agree that Boris should start now and that Tim and Tiago shouldn't see a lot of playing time toghether?

DAF86
06-05-2014, 11:18 PM

Diaw has a role with second unit and Pop won't change that. I do think we continue to start Bonner at 4 bc the only good line up Heat have is small ball with Bosh at center.

There is no reason to put all your weapons in the starting lineup.

Don't know about messing with the rotations right off the bat but given how many minutes Lebron plays there are bound to be some times where Lebron is covering him and I hope the Spurs attack him in the post with Boris when that happens. David West had some success doing that and anything that pulls Lebron off the perimeter and away from attacking passing lanes is a plus. Ii think he works better as a change up off the bench than right out of the gate.

Nah, start Tim and Splitter until Miami makes the adjustment. Splitter can check Bosh similar to LMA, while Duncan can check Battier. Make the heat prove they can defend Tim with the smaller player first. Splitter is also going to have to man up on offense if Bosh starts checking Tim down low.

What do you say now?

Chinook
06-05-2014, 11:22 PM
What do you say now?

Splitter pretty much dominated. I don't see a reason to change the rotation at all, especially considering that Pop is liking Diaw as the secondary James defender, a role that Boris can't play as well if he's starting.

DAF86
06-05-2014, 11:24 PM
Splitter pretty much dominated. I don't see a reason to change the rotation at all, especially considering that Pop is liking Diaw as the secondary James defender, a role that Boris can't play as well if he's starting.

When he didn't play alongside Duncan. Didn't you see how the offense got stagnat when those two were at the court at the same time?

Jenks
06-05-2014, 11:31 PM
What do you say now?
He went beastmode in the 3rd. Hopefully he carries the confidence into the start of game 2. No, I'm not convinced the two can't play together after doing so all year to the best record in the league. He also showed tonight he's the best defender for Bosh (as expected). But I will agree that it should be watched.

DAF86
06-05-2014, 11:35 PM
He went beastmode in the 3rd. Hopefully he carries the confidence into the start of game 2. No, I'm not convinced the two can't play together after doing so all year to the best record in the league. He also showed tonight he's the best defender for Bosh (as expected). But I will agree that it should be watched.

In the regular season we barely played against a team that has 5 players standing on the three point land, tbh.

Jenks
06-05-2014, 11:44 PM
In the regular season we barely played against a team that has 5 players standing on the three point land, tbh.
Yeah so? Now you're saying Splitter is a liability on the defensive end? You're reaching (and wrong if that's what you're getting at).

DAF86
06-05-2014, 11:46 PM
Yeah so? Now you're saying Splitter is a liability on the defensive end? You're reaching (and wrong if that's what you're getting at).

No, I'm saying that for this series playing Tim and Splitter toghether isn't the way to go. If you didn't realize it in the minutes they shared toghether in this game I don't know what to tell you.

Jenks
06-05-2014, 11:48 PM
No, I'm saying that for this series playing Tim and Splitter toghether isn't the way to go. If you didn't realize it in the minutes they shared toghether in this game I don't know what to tell you.That's not an explanation for what you just said. What does them having 5 shooters have to do with (not) playing Tiago?

DAF86
06-05-2014, 11:50 PM
That's not an explanation for what you just said. What does them having 5 shooters have to do with (not) playing Tiago?

Because no matter how good Tiago is on defense, he's still a bigman and bigmen tend to pack the paint and leave shooters open. You can get away with one bigman playing against that kind of offense but not two. And to add, the Spurs offense gets totally stagnant when the two are playing.

Jenks
06-05-2014, 11:54 PM
Because no matter how good Tiago is on defense, he's still a bigman and bigmen tend to pack the paint and leave shooters open. You can get away with one bigman playing against that kind of offense but not two. And to add, the Spurs offense gets totally stagnant when the two are playing.I think you were seeing what you wanted to see during the game, because that's not what was going on. We'll see what Pop decides for game 2.

DAF86
06-05-2014, 11:55 PM
I think you were seeing what you wanted to see during the game, because that's not what was going on. We'll see what Pop decides for game 2.

Numbers back up what I saw, tbh.

Jenks
06-05-2014, 11:56 PM
Numbers back up what I saw, tbh.
If Pop pulls him, then I'll believe you aren't completely wrong.

DAF86
06-05-2014, 11:58 PM

Why do you think Pop put Boris in for Tiago just two minutes into the 3rd quarter?

Jenks
06-06-2014, 12:02 AM
Why do you think Pop put Boris in for Tiago just two minutes into the 3rd quarter?

Well this is the most hilariously easy argument I've ever won. GG, you saw what you wanted to see :D

http://i.imgur.com/yBo7A6N.jpg

DAF86
06-06-2014, 12:04 AM
Well this is the most hilariously easy argument I've ever won. GG, you saw what you wanted to see :D

You kidding right? :lol

Jenks
06-06-2014, 12:05 AM
You kidding right? :lol
You just got destroyed dude, a lol emoticon isn't going to save you any face.

DAF86
06-06-2014, 12:08 AM
You just got destroyed dude, a lol emoticon isn't going to save you any face.

Are you for real? :lol

Well, it wasn't 2 minutes into the 3rd, it was 2 minutes and 16 seconds. The fuck? :lmao

Jenks
06-06-2014, 12:11 AM
Are you for real? :lol

Well, it wasn't 2 minutes into the 3rd, it was 2 minutes and 16 seconds. The fuck? :lmaoLOL are you fucking serious?

You're looking at the time and think that's why you look like a complete fucking clown?

Take a look at the foul. Take a look at the other substitution. Am I arguing with someone who understands anything about basketball or what?

Let's try this again

You can do this buddy. You're not that clueless. You can figure this out. I'm no longer arguing with you, I'm trying to help.

DAF86
06-06-2014, 12:14 AM
LOL are you fucking serious?

You're looking at the time and think that's why you look like a complete fucking clown?

Take a look at the foul. Take a look at the other substitution. Am I arguing with someone who understands anything about basketball or what?

Let's try this again

You can do this buddy. You're not that clueless. You can figure this out. I'm no longer arguing with you, I'm trying to help.

Ah, you are saying to have somebody guard Lebron? I doubt it. He really didn't need to sub Leonard. He made those changes 'cause we were playing like crap.

Jenks
06-06-2014, 12:15 AM
Ah, you are saying to have somebody guard Lebron? I doubt it. He really didn't need to sub Leonard. He made those changes 'cause we were playing like crap.:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao

DAF86
06-06-2014, 12:17 AM
lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao: lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao: lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

The fuck is that for? :lol

I'm done arguing with you, it's pretty obvious you are either trolling or just very retarded.

Jenks
06-06-2014, 12:19 AM
The fuck is that for? :lol

I'm done arguing with you, it's pretty obvious you are either trolling or just very retarded.You literally just said the most retarded thing I've read on ST. Sorry dude, you lost this argument a while ago. :lol

DAF86
06-06-2014, 12:26 AM
Spurs -5 with Tim and Tiago on the floor at the same time.
Spurs +30 with Diaw in.

SpurPadre
06-06-2014, 01:31 AM
Am I the only one here who wasn't overly impressed with Bobo' s d on LeBron tonight? LeBron scored on him while he was cramping up with ease. I still would prefer Boris to start over Splitter but hope kawhi can stay out of foul trouble and guard LeBron for a majority of the time.

Blake
06-06-2014, 08:58 AM
Yeah I think they need to start Diaw and bring splitter in for Tim.

Tiago as the only big out there running pnr with Manu in the 3rd was a clearly a success.

DAF86
06-06-2014, 06:00 PM
Diaw is a crucial player in any series that requires the Spurs to find an extra dash of ballhandling. It would not be a surprise if he replaces Splitter in the starting lineup at some point, perhaps as early as Game 2.

Splitter and Duncan played just eight minutes together in Game 1, and the team’s offense was a disaster during that span.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/nba-finals-game-1-the-beauty-of-the-matchup/

TheGreatYacht
06-09-2014, 10:19 AM
Rashard Lewis. 14 points... Fuck Splitter, start Boris

Jenks
06-09-2014, 10:47 AM
Rashard Lewis. 14 points... Fuck Splitter, start Boris
Spurs played by far their best ball last night with Splitter and Duncan on the floor together. Can't believe somebody bumped this.

TheGreatYacht
06-09-2014, 10:50 AM
Spurs played by far their best ball last night with Splitter and Duncan on the floor together. Can't believe somebody bumped this.
7, 10, 5

vs

big who won't finish strong, won't close out on Lewis, won't space the floor

Jenks
06-09-2014, 10:52 AM
7, 10, 5

vs

big who won't finish strong, won't close out on Lewis, won't space the floor
Boris played some great D during the collapse last night.
Where's DAF with the +/- stats

And if you want to talk stats, I'll take 2 6 5 in 13 less minutes, too.

TheGreatYacht
06-09-2014, 11:23 AM

Damn that defense on Lebron was horrible.

AFBlue
06-09-2014, 11:39 AM
Splitter as backup Center makes a ton of sene as an adjustment, as long as it doesn't result in Matt Bonner seeing one minute on the floor.

DAF86
06-09-2014, 04:49 PM

Boris shouldn't be guarding Lebron, tbh.

Starting Boris makes the most sense rotation wise. Start Boris and anytime he rests play a smallball that contains both Leonard and Green. No Bonner and no Duncan-Splitter pairing.

It makes no sense to play Tim and Tiago at the same time because on defense we can't keep up with all the shooters and on offense we don't make Miami pay 'cause Tiago can't post up anybody, not even Derek fucking Fisher.

Another things Pop should do is to have a little more faith in Green, I don't know why he has Danny on such a short leash.

Oh, and make another guy beat you. Get Lebron out of the fucking paint, stop playing him like if he was a combination of Dirk Nowitzki and Kevin Durant.

Spurs are the better team Pop needs not to fuck up.

Jenks
06-09-2014, 04:59 PM
It makes no sense to play Tim and Tiago at the same time because on defense we can't keep up with all the shooters
I guess you didn't actually watch the game then

tholdren
06-09-2014, 06:26 PM
It's not really clear at all yet. Splitter has the potential to take Bosh out of the series.

LMFAO

Splitter cant do anything man. He sucks at offense and he cant defend outside the paint. People who defend splitter just dont understand what a limited role he can fulfill. He's the post version of Bonner without any offense, i.e. he's tall and stands straight up. That's it.

please highlight for me the things that splitter does well that negates his other overwhelmingly shitty attributes.

He has a confined role, and like bonner he's only worth a damn every 4 or 5 games when he does something extremely average like posting a 10pt 6 rebound night. Then Spurs nation goes ape and talks about how great the signing was. The only way Splitter takes bosh out of the series is if Bosh cant hit his outside shot and splitter gets more than 12 points in the paint. Both of which are unlikely considering splitter has given bosh the confidence of westchimp and his pansy ass play on the offensive side of the ball airballing what 3 layups last game.

I have more potential to take Bosh out of the series.

tholdren
06-09-2014, 06:27 PM
I guess you didn't actually watch the game then

No you didnt watch the game. Splitter is giving up WIDE OPEN everything outside of about 2 feet.

Chinook
06-09-2014, 07:00 PM
LMFAO

Splitter cant do anything man. He sucks at offense and he cant defend outside the paint. People who defend splitter just dont understand what a limited role he can fulfill. He's the post version of Bonner without any offense, i.e. he's tall and stands straight up. That's it.

please highlight for me the things that splitter does well that negates his other overwhelmingly shitty attributes.

He has a confined role, and like bonner he's only worth a damn every 4 or 5 games when he does something extremely average like posting a 10pt 6 rebound night. Then Spurs nation goes ape and talks about how great the signing was. The only way Splitter takes bosh out of the series is if Bosh cant hit his outside shot and splitter gets more than 12 points in the paint. Both of which are unlikely considering splitter has given bosh the confidence of westchimp and his pansy ass play on the offensive side of the ball airballing what 3 layups last game.

I have more potential to take Bosh out of the series.

tholdren
06-09-2014, 07:55 PM

Can someone tell me when grown men started using emotion pics? I consistently bitch about the players acting like little girls, but obviously it's a societal issue. The internet is just so funny, it gives anyone the option to show just how passive-aggressive they are. I would almost pay to meet some of you in real life, it's almost reason enough for me to fly to SA for a game...really.

Chinook
06-09-2014, 08:20 PM
Can someone tell me when grown men started using emotion pics? I consistently bitch about the players acting like little girls, but obviously it's a societal issue. The internet is just so funny, it gives anyone the option to show just how passive-aggressive they are. I would almost pay to meet some of you in real life, it's almost reason enough for me to fly to SA for a game...really.

:rollin

Jenks
06-09-2014, 09:08 PM
No you didnt watch the game. Splitter is giving up WIDE OPEN everything outside of about 2 feet.
Yep Spurs got totally torched in the first quarter with Tiago in. :rolleyes

tholdren
06-09-2014, 10:24 PM
Yep Spurs got totally torched in the first quarter with Tiago in. :rolleyes
yep, it was almost like bosh had 5 points and an offensive rebound in the 6 minutes Splitter was defending him. And it was also almost like Lewis had 5 more. So thats 10 points that Lewis and Bosh had on Elite defender Splitter.... sigh.

heyheymymy
06-10-2014, 04:36 AM
pop may not make a starting line up switch for game 3, but if splitter gives up a lot early on, he might sub boris in quick and basically switch them out mid-game.

Jenks
06-10-2014, 08:14 AM
yep, it was almost like bosh had 5 points and an offensive rebound in the 6 minutes Splitter was defending him. And it was also almost like Lewis had 5 more. So thats 10 points that Lewis and Bosh had on Elite defender Splitter.... sigh.
What was the score again? :D

myhc
06-10-2014, 08:56 AM

:married:

DAF86
06-10-2014, 09:19 PM

What now?

tholdren
06-10-2014, 09:21 PM

Uh - OH....... WRONG

tholdren
06-10-2014, 09:23 PM
Diaw started over Splitter back in the March game when we blew them the fuck out. Can we really afford to see everyone but their ballboy dunk on and block Splitter?

THIS ... we already saw 2 layups a dunk and a three in his face in the first half... where is the defense everyone chirps about?

Jenks
06-10-2014, 10:48 PM
What now?
I've upgraded you to only mostly wrong.

DAF86
06-10-2014, 10:51 PM
I've upgraded you to only mostly wrong.

You're going down with the ship I see. :lol

DAF86
06-10-2014, 10:52 PM
Spurs with Diaw on the court. +20
Spurs without Diaw. -1

Mugen
06-10-2014, 10:53 PM
Starting Boris just opens up so many more lanes for the starting wings tbh. Those Danny/Leonard drives are a direct result of Boris spacing the Heat out.

ElNono
06-10-2014, 11:17 PM
good call, tbh

DarrinS
06-10-2014, 11:27 PM
Props to OP

DAF86
06-10-2014, 11:32 PM
We wouldn't have goten were we got the last two seasons if it wasn't for this guy, tbh. He's our new Robert Horry.

dg7md
06-10-2014, 11:38 PM
Boris was how we won tonight tbh... great move. Keep him starting.

mavsfan1000
06-11-2014, 12:57 AM
He was awesome. Great change.

MI21
06-11-2014, 03:34 AM
If the Spurs are able to win this shit, I think Boris moves right up to the very top of Spurs championship roleplayers (right alongside Horry).

DAF86
06-12-2014, 10:46 PM
Would we have swept their asses if Popovich would have made the clear move since the beggining, tbh?

Brazil
06-12-2014, 10:50 PM
Would we have swept their asses if Popovich would have made the clear move since the beggining, tbh?

Great thread DAF tbh

tonite 35 min

and do not forget no Parker no Bobo :lol

DAF86
06-12-2014, 10:56 PM
If it was up to me finals MVP would go to Boris, tbh. He's our most valuable player in this series. I know Kawhi has balled these last two games but between Manu, Green and Patty as SG we can somehow make up for his absence, same with Tiago for Tim and we have seen that we can survive without Tony. But we have no other player on the roster that can do what Boris does and for this series what Boris does is a huge matchup advantage.

Brazil
06-12-2014, 11:00 PM
If it was up to me finals MVP would go to Boris, tbh. He's our most valuable player in this series. I know Kawhi has balled these last two games but between Manu, Green and Patty as SG we can somehow make up for his absence, same with Tiago for Tim and we have seen that we can survive without Tony. But we have no other player on the roster that can do what Boris does and for this series what Boris does is a huge matchup advantage.

Between Diaw and Leonard you cannot go wrong IMO

But the whole team deserve it

if spurs win last game of the season, they should give it to the team

Baam
06-12-2014, 11:20 PM

Well everyone is needed in some way but regardless he's my mvp as well... Not to hate on Pop but the way he handled Boris last year has to be the number one reason we're not going for the repeat right now...

DAF86
06-12-2014, 11:21 PM
Well everyone is needed in some way but regardless he's my mvp as well... Not to hate on Pop but the way he handled Boris last year has to be the number one reason we're not going for the repeat right now...

Good call, most underrated fuck up from last year.

therealtruth
06-13-2014, 12:28 AM

Definitely. I think he was expecting to use Diaw like Matt Bonner (a stretch 4). But letting Diaw play his game makes us much tougher to beat. Like I've said before he doesn't have to take that 3, he can make plays for his teammates with the space they give him.

therealtruth
06-13-2014, 12:29 AM
Spurs with Diaw on the court. +20
Spurs without Diaw. -1

Spo knew that this was one of their most effective lineups.

DAF86
02-26-2015, 12:46 PM
It's that time of the year again.