PDA

View Full Version : Kings: Congrats, Clipper Nation

midnightpulp
06-01-2014, 10:31 PM
Holy fuckin' shit.

I know you were steaming at 4-3, and it all looked hopeless, and then it happened.

We'll see if the Kings can turn the LA sports curse around in the Finals.

:toast

Clipper Nation
06-01-2014, 10:33 PM
Don't forget Philo, Velik, Venti, and IronMexican too :tu

I'm honestly still shocked, even that OT was set up for Chicago to dominate.... unbelievable....

spurraider21
06-01-2014, 10:35 PM
Not sure how you can be worried in a game 7 when you have Justin Williams...

midnightpulp
06-01-2014, 10:35 PM
Don't forget Philo, Velik, Venti, and IronMexican too :tu

I'm honestly still shocked, even that OT was set up for Chicago to dominate.... unbelievable....

And Cobbler :)

I think he just might've jumped out of his chair tonight.

Venti Quattro
06-01-2014, 10:36 PM

cobbler is probably crying while kissing his 16 Lakers rings

apalisoc_9
06-01-2014, 10:39 PM
The NHL should seriously consider getting rid of the sudden death rule. I don't watch a lot of hockey, but I hated it with soccer and I hate it just as much with Hockey...

Maybe it's the fact that I don't watch a lot of hockey but I just don't think it's a good way to end a game..

Clipper Nation
06-01-2014, 10:39 PM
Not sure how you can be worried in a game 7 when you have Justin Williams...
I thought the Blackhawks' ownership of Quick would be what finally cancelled out the Williams factor, tbh....

That faggot is a Kangs fan? :vomit:

Clipper Nation
06-01-2014, 10:40 PM
The NHL should seriously consider getting rid of the sudden death rule. I don't watch a lot of hockey, but I hated it with soccer and I hate it just as much with Hockey...

Maybe it's the fact that I don't watch a lot of hockey but I just don't think it's a good way to end a game..
The alternative would be deciding playoff games with the cheesy regular-season shootout gimmick, which is an absolute joke in the regular season, so you can imagine how lame it would be to decide playoff games and series that way....

apalisoc_9
06-01-2014, 10:43 PM
The alternative would be deciding playoff games with the cheesy regular-season shootout gimmick, which is an absolute joke in the regular season, so you can imagine how lame it would be to decide playoff games and series that way....

Run as many OT as needed. Why can't that be an alternative?

If an OT finishes with one team leading then they win the game otherwise play another OT until someone finishes OT with the lead.

Clipper Nation
06-01-2014, 10:44 PM
Run as many OT as needed. Why can't that be an alternative?

If an OT finishes with one team leading then they win the game otherwise play another OT until someone finishes OT with the lead.
That ruins the whole drama of OT, tbh....

Playoff hockey is arguably the best and most exciting sport to watch for a reason....

apalisoc_9
06-01-2014, 10:48 PM
That ruins the whole drama of OT, tbh....

Playoff hockey is arguably the best and most exciting sport to watch for a reason....

Maybe it's the fact that I don't watch a lot of Hockey or perhaps I'm comparing the NHL to soccer way too much. I recall people saying the same thing about the Golden Goal rule in soccer a few years back...

Different taste I guess..I just think with a game like Hockey, soccer etc where a lucky bounce or two can decide the game, the worst way to finish it is with sudden death..

But I'm going to admit I don't watch as much hockey as you guys :lol

Clipper Nation
06-01-2014, 10:49 PM
Soccer can't even compare to hockey.... hockey actually has physicality and toughness, soccer is just a bunch of diving bitches :lol

spurraider21
06-01-2014, 10:51 PM
I love the sudden death rule, but they should just eliminate the clock (outside of power plays) and have an indefinitely/infinitely long OT session. would be hilarious to see teams cracking after 30-40 minutes :lol