PDA

View Full Version : Poll - is the Bentonia School of Delta Blues a subset of Delta Blues?

cantthinkofanything
06-02-2014, 03:32 PM
Or is it completely different?

Avante
06-02-2014, 03:48 PM
I should have known better than to try and help a little freak you out, my bad. It won't happen again. Still all wrapped up in trying to ....you were wrong!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow guy!

Where did I even imply....COMPLETELY...different? Oh yeah, I didn't. All them old blues is similiar, nothing is...COMPLETELY..
different. Wow!

All of Mississippi and parts of Tennesse can be called the Delta blues, ok? Hell, some but any old prewarbluesas them Delta blues, ok? I;ve seen Blind Willie McTell the most famous of all Georgia players on a Mississippi Delta blues CD.

I just didn't want you to think that Skip James was out of the Delta region of Mississippi, because he wasn;t. Yes me trying to help ya out here. Well fuck it, a little prick like you doesn't deserve to be told how things really are.

cantthinkofanything
06-02-2014, 03:50 PM
You can't have it both ways. I read a book that says one thing. And now, I'm polling a group of knowledgeable people. Who Wants To Be A Millionaire...you know the most accurate of the life lines??? yep...ask the audience.

Avante
06-02-2014, 03:53 PM
You can't have it both ways. I read a book that says one thing. And now, I'm polling a group of knowledgeable people. Who Wants To Be A Millionaire...you know the most accurate of the life lines??? yep...ask the audience.

Dude, there is nobody here but me who can talk them old blues, trust me. You should have been cool slick and pick my brain about this, a free education but ya just had to be a little prick about it, wow dude!

Look at a map of Mississippi amigo, now find Bentonia, it is not in the Delta...ok?

cantthinkofanything
06-02-2014, 04:00 PM
Dude, there is nobody here but me who can talk them old blues, trust me. You should have been cool slick and pick my brain about this, a free education but ya just had to be a little prick about it, wow dude!

Look at a map of Mississippi amigo, now find Bentonia, it is not in the Delta...ok?

I'm not falling for that old trick...hey look at this map...hahahaha...pervert...why are you looking at a map of naked men????

No thank you sir. I'll just go with Mr. Gioia and his definitive book on Delta Blues. oooo...that reminds me...I haven't checked my email....

Avante
06-02-2014, 04:11 PM
I'm not falling for that old trick...hey look at this map...hahahaha...pervert...why are you looking at a map of naked men????

No thank you sir. I'll just go with Mr. Gioia and his definitive book on Delta Blues. oooo...that reminds me...I haven't checked my email....

Yeah that's an old trick alright, that...see Bentonia is no where near the Delta region of Mississippi.....is an old trick used by many, hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Who doesn't look at naked men on a map, isn't that why we have maps, hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a dumb fuck, wow!

Dude, I made the mistake of forgetting just how fucking immature/dumb you are, my bad. I thiought you might like to know that Skip James wasn't from the Delta, my bad.

Have fun reading your "one" book. Done wth ya on this, you're too stupid to realize I'd take old Ted to school on this, trust me!

cantthinkofanything
06-02-2014, 04:14 PM
like I said...I'm enjoying the book. very much so. BTW...Ted said that you know your "fair share" about the subject and that you're "no poser".

Avante
06-02-2014, 04:16 PM
like I said...I'm enjoying the book. very much so. BTW...Ted said that you know your "fair share" about the subject and that you're "no poser".

Ask Ted who John D. Fox and Jim Thompkins were. Ask his opinion of Moses Andrews. Then ask him who Mary Butler really was.

Dude, why do you ignore....read 12 big books on this, have over 1000 CD's on the music...???

Trill Clinton
06-02-2014, 04:19 PM
battle of the blues titans

Avante
06-02-2014, 04:22 PM
battle of the blues titans

I think it's more like Blues Titan Avante taking tiny to school and he's fighting him every step of the way, when it should be taking notes.

cantthinkofanything
06-02-2014, 04:23 PM
Ask Ted who John D. Fox and Jim Thompkins were. Aak his opinion of Moses Andrews,

John D. Fox...interesting...given Ted's background. John D. Fox is a Consulting Professor of Applied Physics - Group Leader, Accelerator Technology Research - Stanford Linear Accelerator Center
He's also an old black bluesman.

Avante
06-02-2014, 04:30 PM
John D. Fox...interesting...given Ted's background. John D. Fox is a Consulting Professor of Applied Physics - Group Leader, Accelerator Technology Research - Stanford Linear Accelerator Center
He's also an old black bluesman.

Ted is like a lot of these guys, he knows about Skip James, Robert Johnson, Charley Patton. Not unlike a football writer writing about Jim Brown, Gale Sayers, Leroy Kelly. They can talk about that level of talent. It's when ya try to talk Jim Thompkins who recorded but one song, yep, one song not even both sides of a record or John D. Fox who recorded one record but only the vocals with a Delta legend played guitar. Who can talk NFLer Charlie Scales, he was Browns backup, who can talk fullback Andy Livington?

That's what seperates me from good old Ted.

cantthinkofanything
06-02-2014, 04:36 PM
Ted is like a lot of these guys, he knows about Skip James, Robert Johnson, Charley Patton. Not unlike a football writer writing about Jim Brown, Gale Sayers, Leroy Kelly. They can talk about that level of talent. It's when ya try to talk Jim Thompkins who recorded but one song, yep, one song not even both sides of a record or John D. Fox who recorded one record but only the vocals with a Delta legend played guitar. Who can talk NFLer Charlie Scales, he was Browns backup, who can talk fullback Andy Livington?

That's what seperates me from good old Ted.

Yes...that's what separates you. :rolleyes