PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Is this one of the toughest eras in the NBA, tbh?

ElNono
06-02-2014, 07:47 PM
Everywhere you look, there's at least two star-like player or more, and a bunch of solid secondary guys/veterans.

In no particular order:
- Miami: Wade/Bosh/Kang
- Pacers: PG/West
- Clippers: CP3/Griffin
- Thunder: KD/Westbrook/Ibaka
- Nets: DWill/JJ/Pierce
- Spurs: TD/Manu/Leonard
- Wolves: Love/Rubio
- Dallas: Dirk/Monta
- Blazers: Lillard/Aldrige/Batum
- Memphis: Fat Gasol/Conley
- Wizards: Wall/Beal
- Bobcats: Walker/Jefferson
- Hawks: Teague/Horford/Millsap

I'm sure I'm missing some more... I think modern medicine letting older guys play longer and still be effective is probably a factor, but I can't remember the league being stacked with so much talent in a while, tbh...

Malik Hairston
06-02-2014, 07:49 PM
From 2011's championship Mavs team until now, it has been the most talented era since the 80s, tbh..

The 80s should be taken with a grain of salt, though, as 25% of the players in that era were White Americans..

Clipper Nation
06-02-2014, 07:51 PM
Great fuckin' era :cry

Definitely better than the weak eras of 1991-93, 1996-98, 2000-02, and 2009-10....

Mugen
Half those teams are mediocre to terrible tbh.

Heading into this season, there were 3 teams realistically able to win a championship and those 3 teams made the Conference Finals so I don't think it's any tougher than any other era in history. Maybe there's more mediocre teams but I don't even really buy that argument.

KobeOwnsDuncan
:lol most talented era when guys like Irving, Joe Johnson, and Paul George are getting paid max money.

spurraider21
06-02-2014, 07:53 PM

Definitely better than the weak eras of 1991-93, 1996-98, 2000-02, and 2009-10....
:lol interesting cutoff points

06-02-2014, 07:55 PM
:lol most talented era when guys like Irving, Joe Johnson, and Paul George are getting paid max money.

:lmao

KobeOwnsDuncan

Yet you're still at zero.

No, OP, have you seen the Eastern COnf?

Arcadian
06-02-2014, 07:56 PM
It's hard to say that when there are very few title contenders. On the contrary, I've thought the NBA has been very diluted in the last few years, with only two or three teams having any chance at winning the title at any given time. I suppose you could argue that that has always been the case, but it just seems even more diluted than usual lately. If I weren't a Spurs fan, I would hate the NBA right now. And when Duncan retires, I might stop watching the NBA for a while.

J.T.
06-02-2014, 07:58 PM
The NBA has a decent future coming up but the East is terrible, not a single challenge for the Heat. Pacers are a total joke. It's great to see aging talent sustain its peak though... it's not just modern medicine. Mostly intelligence. Take care of your health and play smart and you can have a long career. Derek Fisher is a great example if he ends up retiring.

ElNono
06-02-2014, 07:59 PM
The East certainly has more talent now than when it was a stacked Celtics team, a Pistons team that was winning with vets and no stars, and basically Lebron trying to win on his own...

Strange Love
06-02-2014, 08:01 PM
Excellent omission of Parker El. :lol

KobeOwnsDuncan
The East certainly has more talent now than when it was a stacked Celtics team, a Pistons team that was winning with vets and no stars, and basically Lebron trying to win on his own...
Yet, there is no competition for LeBron. With the Celtics, like you said there were the Pistons, Magic, and Cavs. You didn't just pencil one team into the finals before the year started like you do now.

ElNono
Excellent omission of Parker El. :lol

Well, he barely played this season, tbh...

ElNono
06-02-2014, 08:05 PM
Yet, there is no competition for LeBron. With the Celtics, like you said there were the Pistons, Magic, and Cavs. You didn't just pencil one team into the finals before the year started like you do now.

It really was just the Celtics once they went superfriends... eventually those wheels fell off, because from the get go you knew they were old and the window was short.

The Heat was another superfriends reunion on steroids. That doesn't mean the other teams are horrible. Don't forget the West is also stacked as fuck. You have 48 win teams not even making the playoffs right now.

Mugen
06-02-2014, 08:07 PM
The East is terrible. Miami has a cakewalk to the Finals for the next 2-3 years if they keep the Big 3 together tbh.

Infinite_limit
06-02-2014, 08:09 PM
80's > 90's > 2010's > 2000's

KobeOwnsDuncan
06-02-2014, 08:09 PM
It really was just the Celtics once they went superfriends... eventually those wheels fell off, because from the get go you knew they were old and the window was short.

The Heat was another superfriends reunion on steroids. That doesn't mean the other teams are horrible. Don't forget the West is also stacked as fuck. You have 48 win teams not even making the playoffs right now.

Didn't they lose to the Magic in the 2nd round in 09'?

Mugen
06-02-2014, 08:10 PM
Didn't they lose to the Magic in the 2nd round in 09'?

No Garnett tbh.

Venti Quattro
06-02-2014, 08:12 PM
Don't forget the West is also stacked as fuck. You have 48 win teams not even making the playoffs right now.
It was the same in 2008-2010 and yet this board is passing it off as a weak era for the West

Thebesteva
06-02-2014, 08:18 PM
What happened with the NBA is very similar to what happened with the WWE of all things. It was too hardcore and they had to soften up 'for the kids.' The WWE used to be nasty, and ultimately had to soften up for their younger audience, the same shit happened with the NBA since about 2004. The league used to actually be very challenging which is why what MJ did unbelievable.

This used to just be a flagrant foul, today this would be a solid 2-3 game suspension and you would be ejected.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhQyaKWsQy8

Thebesteva
06-02-2014, 08:21 PM
Not even a flagrant, also some serious meme potential @0:58. If only the internet was fully running at the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfUospRmiVU

Buddy Mignon
06-02-2014, 08:24 PM

That faggot is a piece of work.

ElNono
06-02-2014, 08:26 PM
It was the same in 2008-2010 and yet this board is passing it off as a weak era for the West

The West was always more competitive, tbh... but let's not pretend the East was some sort of great conference... The Pistons with zero actual star-talent had no competition for a couple of years.

Even in the Celtics days, you could say Orlando... (only really had DHo) and Cavs (only Lebron)...

Malik Hairston
06-02-2014, 08:28 PM
Everybody's favorite and "toughest" era is when their team was winning, lets not pretend otherwise, tbh:lol..

I doubt fans of Aids Johnson ever recall their titles in the 80s as "easy", despite a few seasons where the West was even weaker than this past season's historically bad East:lol..

midnightpulp
06-02-2014, 08:39 PM
That faggot is a piece of work.

09-10 was a down time. You niggas repeated against Dwight Coward and a Celtics team older than dirt. And the West was a joke. Shit teams like the Nuggets making the WCF.

baseline bum
06-02-2014, 08:41 PM

As opposed to the era when Allan Houston, Vin Baker, and Brian Grant pulled max money on 7 year deals?

spurraider21
06-02-2014, 08:41 PM
09-10 was a down time. You niggas repeated against Dwight Coward and a Celtics team older than dirt. And the West was a joke. Shit teams like the Nuggets making the WCF.
Nuggets and Jazz in their 2 title runs

Buddy Mignon
06-02-2014, 08:42 PM

We went through your Spurs to get that back2back. This is most def the weakest era in the history of the game.

spurraider21
06-02-2014, 08:44 PM
We went through your Spurs to get that back2back. This is most def the weakest era in the history of the game.
no you didn't. you only beat the spurs in a year you lost in the finals (08)

midnightpulp

:lol Not even knowing the history of Kirby's repeat. You beat the Spurs in '08.

The toughest series you faced in that entire run in the West was against a Yao-less Rockets. :lol

Buddy Mignon
Everybody's favorite and "toughest" era is when their team was winning, lets not pretend otherwise, tbh:lol..

I doubt fans of Aids Johnson ever recall their titles in the 80s as "easy", despite a few seasons where the West was even weaker than this past season's historically bad East:lol..

If we really want to be honest here... my team has always won or at least been competitive in ever era. I mean... 32 WC banners with 16 titles means we've been in the hunt since the beginning. An era is a decade and we've competed in every decade.

baseline bum
06-02-2014, 08:45 PM
What happened with the NBA is very similar to what happened with the WWE of all things. It was too hardcore and they had to soften up 'for the kids.' The WWE used to be nasty, and ultimately had to soften up for their younger audience, the same shit happened with the NBA since about 2004. The league used to actually be very challenging which is why what MJ did unbelievable.

This used to just be a flagrant foul, today this would be a solid 2-3 game suspension and you would be ejected.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhQyaKWsQy8

:cry I remember a few years before that when the players were allowed to bring their gats on the floor :cry

Buddy Mignon
06-02-2014, 08:45 PM
:lol Not even knowing the history of Kirby's repeat. You beat the Spurs in '08.

The toughest series you faced in that entire run in the West was against a Yao-less Rockets. :lol

Are you stupid????

Cry Havoc
06-02-2014, 08:48 PM

So your reasoning is that market forces actively depreciate the talent pool? That makes no sense. Johnson is a terrible contract, Irving is a massively talented young PG, and George is a top 3 two-way player in the game right now. It's funny, 'cause teams are actually starting to pay for defenders these days. Not what they're worth, but they get paid more than they have in the past.

spurraider21
06-02-2014, 08:49 PM
^pretty true. its not like anybody considers joe johnson's deal to be a good one. i'm sure there were bad contracts in earlier eras too, so lets just cherry pick those :rolleyes

midnightpulp
06-02-2014, 08:51 PM
Are you stupid????

You never went through the Spurs to win a title during the repeat. You made the Finals at their expense, and if Kobe doesn't blow that 24 point lead at home in game 4, maybe you win it that year.

As it stands, the toughest team you faced in the West during the repeat was a Yao-less Rockets (pushed you to 7 games), whose best player was Aaron Brooks :lol

Cry Havoc
06-02-2014, 08:51 PM
^pretty true. its not like anybody considers joe johnson's deal to be a good one. i'm sure there were bad contracts in earlier eras too, so lets just cherry pick those :rolleyes

You guys, some tool of a GM gave Arenas a max deal. That must mean that teams are terrible these days because GMs are stupid. :lol

Buddy Mignon
06-02-2014, 08:52 PM
no you didn't. you only beat the spurs in a year you lost in the finals (08)

This pussy lives to suck on my nuts. We went through the West three straight years, you cartoon loving faggot.

jag
06-02-2014, 08:53 PM
Parker/TD/Leonard

spurraider21
06-02-2014, 08:54 PM
This pussy lives to suck on my nuts. We went through the West three straight years, you cartoon loving faggot.
you said you went through the spurs to get your back to back you fucking moron

Infinite_limit
06-02-2014, 08:56 PM
2000's was the weakest because of the flood of High School players.

Cry Havoc
06-02-2014, 08:58 PM
Sidebar question: How would the 2004-2005 Pistons fare in today's Western Conference? I'd say they would be at least the 3rd best team.

Buddy Mignon
06-02-2014, 08:59 PM
you said you went through the spurs to get your back to back you fucking moron

Aren't the Spurs in the West? We won the West, jackass.

KobeOwnsDuncan
06-02-2014, 09:15 PM
So your reasoning is that market forces actively depreciate the talent pool? That makes no sense. Johnson is a terrible contract, Irving is a massively talented young PG, and George is a top 3 two-way player in the game right now. It's funny, 'cause teams are actually starting to pay for defenders these days. Not what they're worth, but they get paid more than they have in the past.

No, my point is Irving and George were being hyped as being superstars, when they clearly are not. Harden too. And they are all being paid LeBron money.

And :lmao George being a top two way player in the game. George is a career 41% shooter. And btw in discussing talent pool, who is the next best Center behind Davis and Howard? Hibbert? :lmao

KobeOwnsDuncan
06-02-2014, 09:22 PM
LeBron is the best SF in the league. Who behind him is even decent at SF? Leonard?......With Kobe out, Harden is the default best SG. Who is the next best behind him? Love and Aldridge are top 5 PFs, put them in the 80's and they aren't even top 15. No, this era does not have all that much talent.

midnightpulp
06-02-2014, 09:24 PM
LeBron is the best SF in the league. Who behind him is even decent at SF? Leonard?......With Kobe out, Harden is the default best SG. Who is the next best behind him? No, this era does not have all that much talent.

You can't really judge an era by strength of individual talent. I'd judge it by team strength.

spurraider21
06-02-2014, 09:31 PM
Aren't the Spurs in the West? We won the West, jackass.
you didn't go through the spurs in 09 or '10 you fucking moron :lmao

Buddy Mignon
06-02-2014, 09:34 PM

Damn, boy... you're like a fucking fruit fly... you just won't go away. The Spurs we're in the West... and we won the West. Not my fault you guys weren't good enough to advance to face the champs.

spurraider21
06-02-2014, 09:38 PM
Damn, boy... you're like a fucking fruit fly... you just won't go away. The Spurs we're in the West... and we won the West. Not my fault you guys weren't good enough to advance to face the champs.
remember when the spurs went through the lakers in 2005, 2007, 2012, 2013, and 2014 in their playoff runs? :rollin

Phillip
06-02-2014, 09:39 PM
its much better and more talented than most people want to realize

Venti Quattro
06-02-2014, 09:52 PM

:lol the Spurs got beat by a 7th seed in 2009 and got swept in 2010. Not the Lakers fault.

KobeOwnsDuncan
06-02-2014, 09:56 PM
:lol the Spurs got beat by a 7th seed in 2009 and got swept in 2010. Not the Lakers fault.
Venti, with no regard for human life.

Clipper Nation
06-02-2014, 09:58 PM
its much better and more talented than most people want to realize
This, tbh.... once again, it's just LeBron haters coming up with any excuse to devalue his accomplishments - this time, they're going with the :cry weak era :cry excuse....

KobeOwnsDuncan
06-02-2014, 09:59 PM
This, tbh.... once again, it's just LeBron haters coming up with any excuse to devalue his accomplishments - this time, they're going with the :cry weak era :cry excuse....
Who is his competition in the East? Roy Hibbert? :lol

Clipper Nation
06-02-2014, 10:01 PM
Who is his competition in the East? Roy Hibbert? :lol

I'm sure you weren't complaining or calling it a :cry weak era :cry when the Lakers' toughest competition in the West was an Aaron Brooks-led Rockets team :lol

KobeOwnsDuncan
06-02-2014, 10:05 PM
I'm sure you weren't complaining or calling it a :cry weak era :cry when the Lakers' toughest competition in the West was an Aaron Brooks-led Rockets team :lol
-60 points for deflecting son :lol. And that same year, the West was bugged with injuries. The problem with the East is they have no competition and it isn't because of injury. There just arent any legit teams besides Miami. And that has been going on for years.

Clipper Nation
06-02-2014, 10:06 PM
-60 points for deflecting son :lol. And that same year, the West was bugged with injuries.

They were also bugged with shit teams, tbh.... :lol the Nuggets - a team without any inbounds plays in their playbook and with Anthony Carter and Friend Killer playing significant minutes - making the Western Conference Finals....

KobeOwnsDuncan
06-02-2014, 10:11 PM
They were also bugged with shit teams, tbh.... :lol the Nuggets - a team without any inbounds plays in their playbook and with Anthony Carter and Friend Killer playing significant minutes - making the Western Conference Finals....
Rockets were contenders once brokeback McGrady went out, then Yao's feet snapped in half. Miami has no competition regardless of injury.

KobeOwnsDuncan
06-02-2014, 10:14 PM
And I thought Paul was hurt.

spurraider21
06-02-2014, 10:16 PM
i know, but thats really not the point. cmon venti, i know you like UCLA, and we have a lot of asians here, but you can't support narutoluva :lol

Buddy Mignon
06-02-2014, 10:20 PM
i know, but thats really not the point. cmon venti, i know you like UCLA, and we have a lot of asians here, but you can't support narutoluva :lol

Wow... how much of a bitch can you be??? Begging another nigga for help against this Titan called Luva. What a joke...:lol

spurraider21
06-02-2014, 10:21 PM
Wow... how much of a bitch can you be??? Begging another nigga for help against this Titan called Luva. What a joke...:lol
don't need help, just trying to save Venti from making himself look moronic

Clipper Nation
06-02-2014, 10:23 PM
Wow... how much of a bitch can you be???

:cry Kori, sweetie, the lol thread has run its course, real talk :cry

Stevie Johnson
06-02-2014, 10:25 PM
Sad state of affairs for Luva when faggots like Philo show him up

~O~
06-02-2014, 10:26 PM
The West was always more competitive, tbh... but let's not pretend the East was some sort of great conference... The Pistons with zero actual star-talent had no competition for a couple of years.

Even in the Celtics days, you could say Orlando... (only really had DHo) and Cavs (only Lebron)...

We had half a year of All-Star Jameer Nelson which never became an All-star again. We also had the corpse of Vince Carter? Rashard Lewis in his prime which wasn't that great and Hedo Fluke Turkoglu.

Venti Quattro
06-02-2014, 10:27 PM

CROFL :lmao :lmao :lmao

I do not support rakaruva tbh, I just like good basketball discussion where the ideas are flowing. lol I don't think I can support anyone who watches fuckin Naruto

Splits
06-02-2014, 10:28 PM
George is a career 41% shooter.

Really? Prove it.

KobeOwnsDuncan
06-02-2014, 10:29 PM
Really? Prove it.

Career

NBA

42% actually
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/g/georgpa01.html

Kawhi
06-02-2014, 10:30 PM
Who is his competition in the East? Roy Hibbert? :lol:lol

spurraider21
06-02-2014, 10:31 PM
Career

NBA

42% actually
i like how you round 42.8% to 42 :lol

Splits
06-02-2014, 10:32 PM
Career

NBA

42% actually

What most 5th grade math students would call 43%. By your math, the same as Kirby:

Career

NBA

KobeOwnsDuncan
06-02-2014, 10:33 PM
i like how you round 42.8% to 42 :lol
I like how you pretend that George isn't a chucker.

KobeOwnsDuncan
06-02-2014, 10:33 PM
Oh yeah, LeBron's best competition in the East is a dude who likes banging trannies.

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Paul-George-Catfish-2.jpg

Venti Quattro
06-02-2014, 10:34 PM
Oh yeah, LeBron's best competition in the East is a dude who likes banging trannies.

:lmao Paul George
:lmao catfished
:lmao impregnating a stripper

spurraider21
06-02-2014, 10:36 PM
I like how you pretend that George isn't a chucker.
i wasn't involved in your PG discussion at all, i just saw some terrible math. where'd you go to school?

ElNono
06-02-2014, 11:10 PM
We had half a year of All-Star Jameer Nelson which never became an All-star again. We also had the corpse of Vince Carter? Rashard Lewis in his prime which wasn't that great and Hedo Fluke Turkoglu.

Exactly... now you have 2-3 good vets/solid looking talent in 10+ teams... Even in the East, the Wiz look good, Nets, even the Bobcats, tbh...

Cry Havoc
06-02-2014, 11:17 PM
Career

NBA

42% actually

Holy shit go back to school.

Ricky Davis
06-02-2014, 11:22 PM
2000's was the weakest because of the flood of High School players.

once the Shaq/Kobe Lakers started feuding and before the Celtics got KG, Pierce, and Allen, that was the weakest era of all time imho.

There was the Webber injury which really ended the King's window, the Jailblazers basically threw in the towel, the Mavericks couldn't play defense, the Spurs/Pistons were good and that was about it. Nobody else in the East ever did anything. The Suns, 06 Mavericks, Shaq/Wade Heat would not have been contenders in any other era

ElNono
06-02-2014, 11:24 PM
once the Shaq/Kobe Lakers started feuding and before the Celtics got KG, Pierce, and Allen, that was the weakest era of all time imho.

There was the Webber injury which really ended the King's window, the Jailblazers basically threw in the towel, the Mavericks couldn't play defense, the Spurs/Pistons were good and that was about it. Nobody else in the East ever did anything. The Suns, 06 Mavericks, Shaq/Wade Heat would not have been contenders in any other era

I fully admit the 2007 title was our easiest, by far...

KobeOwnsDuncan
06-02-2014, 11:25 PM

Holy shit go back to school.

:lmao calling Paul George a top 3 two way player

Venti Quattro
06-02-2014, 11:25 PM

It was so easy that the Spurs players should have drowned themselves in the Riverwalk if they didn't beat Cleveland in 5 games at most.

ElNono
06-02-2014, 11:29 PM
It was so easy that the Spurs players should have drowned themselves in the Riverwalk if they didn't beat Cleveland in 5 games at most.

IIRC, Utah was our toughest matchup, and that was good DWill and choker-as-usual Boozer... this was when Sloan was still coaching...

Ricky Davis
06-02-2014, 11:33 PM

that Mavericks team winning 67 games that year says enough of how weak it was :lol

Cry Havoc
06-02-2014, 11:36 PM
:lmao calling Paul George a top 3 two way player

:lmao Basic fucking math. :lmao

Cry Havoc
06-02-2014, 11:36 PM
IIRC, Utah was our toughest matchup, and that was good DWill and choker-as-usual Boozer... this was when Sloan was still coaching...

Yeah, the 07 run was a cakewalk (thanks Golden State!).

midnightpulp
06-02-2014, 11:38 PM

Suns were the toughest matchup.

The West had great teams at the top that year. Suns, Mavs, and Spurs were all championship contenders. But the Mavs flaming out in the 1st round left a gaping hole in the West on that side of the bracket.

hater
06-02-2014, 11:40 PM
no. it's one of the weakest era in basketball.

ElNono
06-03-2014, 12:03 AM
Suns were the toughest matchup.

The West had great teams at the top that year. Suns, Mavs, and Spurs were all championship contenders. But the Mavs flaming out in the 1st round left a gaping hole in the West on that side of the bracket.

:lol oh, yeah... the Horry hipcheck...

I tend to forget about D'Antoni teams, tbh...

lefty
06-03-2014, 12:23 AM
no. it's one of the weakest era in basketball.

midnightpulp
06-03-2014, 02:10 AM
The West is the toughest it's ever been.

8th Seed: A battle tested, veteran savvy team that won the title 3 years ago, led by an all-time great still playing at a high level. Great coach.

7th Seed: One year removed from the WCF. Best frontline in basketball. Pushed the 2nd seed to 7 games, and might have pulled the upset had Zbo played.

6th Seed: Young and dynamic team, with two great shooters. But overall, the weakest team here.

5th Seed: Great young team with a bright future. A good 6th man away from being a contender.

4th Seed: Loaded with talent, but a bit mentally weak and poorly coached. Still, if the Rockets can figure it out, they'll be a huge threat.

3rd Seed: 22 seconds away from likely upsetting the 2 seed. One of the best PFs in the game, if the not the best. Great shotblocking center. Best PG in the game, despite his choking. A good small forward away from owning the West.

2nd Seed: MVP. Best 2 guard in the game (let's be honest and call Westbrook what he is). Defensive 1st team power forward. Great bench. A good coach away from reaching their potential.

1st Seed: Best system in basketball. Insanely deep. Top coach. No flaws really, aside from the lack of a superstar player and being a little too over reliant on the 3 at times.

Look how many series went 6 and 7 games, and how many games went into overtime this year.

The East is garbage. But the Heat still have to go through a Western team to win the title.

Venti Quattro
06-03-2014, 02:17 AM
The West is as tough as it's been. The East is still garbage.

spurraider21
06-03-2014, 02:26 AM
The East is garbage. But the Heat still have to go through a Western team to win the title.
that's the problem though. a WC team has to beat 3 other WC teams on top of miami to ring... miami just has to beat a single WC team. its not that i'm buying the fatigue thing, where the WC team will be tired after harder series. i dont buy that for a second. but it just creates way more obstacles and chances to be KO'd for a team from the west, its not really comparable to say "well, miami has to play 1 WC team"

Venti Quattro
06-03-2014, 02:37 AM
that's the problem though. a WC team has to beat 3 other WC teams on top of miami to ring... miami just has to beat a single WC team. its not that i'm buying the fatigue thing, where the WC team will be tired after harder series. i dont buy that for a second. but it just creates way more obstacles and chances to be KO'd for a team from the west, its not really comparable to say "well, miami has to play 1 WC team"

It plays a factor. Like for example, the West had a crazy first round and then the Miami Heat just coasted through the East (:lmao Indiana)

TE
06-03-2014, 02:38 AM
yeah the lack of parity in the East is getting ridiculous...as hard as that is to believe. The NBA needs to adopt the top 16 seeds regardless of conference. Fuck the criticism about scheduling and travel. We're in 2014. That shouldn't be a problem for a multimillion dollar product.

Jacob1983
06-03-2014, 03:06 AM
This is one of the worst threads and questions in the history of humanity.

The NBA is extremely watered down right now. Parity is at an all time low. Centers are basically extinct. Jump shooting and hero ball are the norm.

ElNono
06-03-2014, 04:36 AM
This is one of the worst threads and questions in the history of humanity.

The NBA is extremely watered down right now. Parity is at an all time low. Centers are basically extinct. Jump shooting and hero ball are the norm.

:lol when there was parity in the NBA? There's like only 10 teams that won a championship in the 70+ year history of the league...

Jacob1983
06-03-2014, 04:51 AM
I don't care what you say but the 1990s were more competitive than the 2000s and 2010s. Yeah, I know the Bulls owned the 90s but there was competition. The Jazz, Sonics, Rockets, Knicks, Magic, Pacers, Blazers, and Suns of the 1990s would have killed Superfriends, Kobe's Lakers, and Duncan's Spurs.

hater
06-03-2014, 05:16 AM
Reggie Millers Pacers would sweep this years Pacerz tbh

shit even Mark Price and Brad Daughertys Cavs would put up a better fight than the todays pacers

lefty
06-03-2014, 11:51 AM
Reggie Millers Pacers would sweep this years Pacerz tbh

shit even Mark Price and Brad Daughertys Cavs would put up a better fight than the todays pacers
Troof bombs

baseline bum
06-03-2014, 12:17 PM

Makes you wonder what the Bird vs Magic ring count would have been had they swapped conferences. LA gets to go through three teams below or just at .500 while the Celtics have Detroit, Philadelphia, and Milwaukee every fucking year. Considering the Lakers shit the bed twice against horrible Rockets teams, you gotta think it's at least 4-4 if not 5-3 Bird. :lol at the thought of the 86 Celtics playing against the Walter Davis Suns, Sam Bowie Blazers, Alex English Nuggets, Benoit Benjamin Clippers, and so on every night.

Aztecfan03
06-03-2014, 03:45 PM

and more chance for injury.

Aztecfan03
06-03-2014, 03:56 PM
I wasn't really following basketball much until Kawhi(so correct me if i'm wrong) but I don't get the perception that this team is better than Spurs title teams and I hated the Spurs in '07 because of Horry. And a lesser team winning 62 games means that the era isn't as tough to me especially since most of those losses were because of injury.

lefty
06-03-2014, 03:59 PM
Makes you wonder what the Bird vs Magic ring count would have been had they swapped conferences. LA gets to go through three teams below or just at .500 while the Celtics have Detroit, Philadelphia, and Milwaukee every fucking year. Considering the Lakers shit the bed twice against horrible Rockets teams, you gotta think it's at least 4-4 if not 5-3 Bird. :lol at the thought of the 86 Celtics playing against the Walter Davis Suns, Sam Bowie Blazers, Alex English Nuggets, Benoit Benjamin Clippers, and so on every night.
http://media3.giphy.com/media/ENagATV1Gr9eg/giphy.gif

ElNono
06-03-2014, 04:03 PM
I wasn't really following basketball much until Kawhi(so correct me if i'm wrong) but I don't get the perception that this team is better than Sours title teams and I hated the Spurs in '07 because of Horry. And a lesser team winning 62 games means that the era isn't as tough to me especially since most of those losses were because of injury.

As an actual team, depth-wise, this is the best of them, IMO. In the past we had some star-talent in their prime, so depth wasn't much of a concern. I mean, we've won championships with rookie Beno being the backup PG...

If we manage to win, this 'ship probably ranks up there with the '03 and '05 championships, my favorites, tbh... we would have basically done it with a 10-man rotation, which is unheard of in a heavily talent-laden league...

SpursBills
06-03-2014, 04:57 PM
Everywhere you look, there's at least two star-like player or more, and a bunch of solid secondary guys/veterans.

In no particular order:
- Miami: Wade/Bosh/Kang
- Pacers: PG/West
- Clippers: CP3/Griffin
- Thunder: KD/Westbrook/Ibaka
- Nets: DWill/JJ/Pierce
- Spurs: TD/Manu/Leonard
- Wolves: Love/Rubio
- Dallas: Dirk/Monta
- Blazers: Lillard/Aldrige/Batum
- Memphis: Fat Gasol/Conley
- Wizards: Wall/Beal
- Bobcats: Walker/Jefferson
- Hawks: Teague/Horford/Millsap

I'm sure I'm missing some more... I think modern medicine letting older guys play longer and still be effective is probably a factor, but I can't remember the league being stacked with so much talent in a while, tbh...

It's an era where a team with 4 future hall of famers is only the eighth best team in its own conference. Yeah, it's the toughest era in NBA history.

Aztecfan03
06-03-2014, 05:36 PM
It's an era where a team with 4 future hall of famers is only the eighth best team in its own conference. Yeah, it's the toughest era in NBA history.

There is Dirk, Vince, Shawn. Who is the 4th? Monta Ellis? And the rest of those guys are reaching TOSB status.

Infinite_limit
06-03-2014, 09:54 PM
Mourning's Heat > James' Heat