PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: Is Jim Duncan The Greatest System Player Of All Time???

Buddy Mignon
06-02-2014, 10:34 PM
I can't think of anyone more deserving than Jim. Now don't go searching cartoon forums for ammo... just hear me out...:lol This dude has been a total loser at everything except in Pops system. No High School titles. No College titles. No Olympic medals. He's only won as a Spur. If you remove this cat out of the Spurs system all you have is Brad Daugherty, or Brad Cellars. Pop deserves more credit for having the greatest plug in system of all time. You lose Parker and still continue to win.

KobeOwnsDuncan
06-02-2014, 10:37 PM
true shit

midnightpulp
06-02-2014, 10:47 PM
You can sense Luva's desperation :lol

Arnold Toht
06-02-2014, 10:48 PM
Whether or not that's the case, all that matters is::

Kobe 5
Duncan 4

There is nothing else.

spurraider21
06-02-2014, 10:50 PM
As long as Duncan rings.

Franklin
06-02-2014, 10:59 PM
Sounds like Lionel Messi has won anything being outside of the feeding range of Xavi and Iniesta...

Buddy Mignon
06-02-2014, 11:02 PM
Sounds like Lionel Messi has won anything being outside of the feeding range of Xavi and Iniesta...

Fags over there--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

Arnold Toht
06-02-2014, 11:04 PM

Are those inuyasha characters?

DAF86
06-02-2014, 11:05 PM
I can't think of anyone more deserving than Jim. Now don't go searching cartoon forums for ammo... just hear me out...:lol This dude has been a total loser at everything except in Pops system. No High School titles. No College titles. No Olympic medals. He's only won as a Spur. If you remove this cat out of the Spurs system all you have is Brad Daugherty, or Brad Cellars. Pop deserves more credit for having the greatest plug in system of all time. You lose Parker and still continue to win.

While Duncan was on his prime the "system" was giving him the ball and get the fuck out. :lol

Buddy Mignon
06-02-2014, 11:07 PM
Are those inuyasha characters?

:lmao

Buddy Mignon
06-02-2014, 11:08 PM
While Duncan was on his prime the "system" was giving him the ball and get the fuck out. :lol

Not true... I remember Kerr, Kidney, Horry, Manu, and Parker bailing his ass out on many of nights.

KobeOwnsDuncan
06-02-2014, 11:09 PM
Not true... I remember Kerr, Kidney, Horry, Manu, and Parker bailing his ass out on many of nights.
Including game 5 of 05 finals, missing 7 straight free throws in the clutch. Big shot Bob to the rescue.

DAF86
06-02-2014, 11:11 PM

And I remember Kobe riding Shaq's big back to 3 NBA championships to the tune of 15 ppg on 36% shooting.

midnightpulp
06-02-2014, 11:12 PM

So if a player passes out of a double team to an open shooter, he's a system player now?

You're reaching.

In the championship days, the system (which was nothing more than Duncan in the post) was built around Duncan, with the perimeter guys playing off of him. Now, the system is more complex, with more ball movement and spacing. It's pretty amazing that Duncan has reached the Finals in two different systems.

Kobe is the definition of a system player. He's never been past the 2nd round not playing in the triangle.

Buddy Mignon
06-02-2014, 11:14 PM
So if a player passes out of a double team to an open shooter, he's a system player now?

You're reaching.

In the championship days, the system (which was nothing more than Duncan in the post) was built around Duncan, with the perimeter guys playing off of him. Now, the system is more complex, with more ball movement and spacing. It's pretty amazing that Duncan has reached the Finals in two different systems.

Kobe is the definition of a system player. He's never been past the 2nd round not playing in the triangle.

Kobe won two gold medals and a High School title without the triangle. Can Jim say that... NO!!!

Floyd Pacquiao
the hole system in his prime was basically give duncan the ball and let him go 1 on 1 or create a double and kick to a 3 point shooter/pass to a cutter...

these are things we know

Arnold Toht
Except Bryant played outside the triangle, and he did his own damage. Averaged 29+ PPG in 4 consecutive playoffs, 3 conference titles, 2 NBA championships.

Use your fucking brain, Midst.

midnightpulp
06-02-2014, 11:16 PM
Kobe won two gold medals and a High School title without the triangle. Can Jim say that... NO!!!

Olympics :lol

High school titles :lol

Wade and James, and then Durant in London led those teams. Kobe was shooting 30% against Angola. And giving up 22 to Rudy Fernandez in the Gold Medal game. He had a cute 4 point play, though.

ElNono
06-02-2014, 11:16 PM
wow, dropping the high school title card... :lmao

ElNono
06-02-2014, 11:18 PM
Tho that's probably what Chaz is thinking, tbh... "this dude won the high school title, he deserves to wreck our franchise for two more seasons"... :lol

Arnold Toht
Duncan's olympic year is the biggest disgrace in Pro Sports.

Buddy Mignon

Hey there, pal... you just get of work?

ElNono
06-02-2014, 11:19 PM
The way Shaq was robbed of the 2004 title is the biggest disgrace in Pro Sports.

Buddy Mignon
06-02-2014, 11:19 PM
Olympics :lol

High school titles :lol

Wade and James, and then Durant in London led those teams. Kobe was shooting 30% against Angola. And giving up 22 to Rudy Fernandez in the Gold Medal game. He had a cute 4 point play, though.

Don't have me post videos... leave it alone.

midnightpulp
06-02-2014, 11:20 PM
Except Bryant played outside the triangle, and he did his own damage. Averaged 29+ PPG in 4 consecutive playoffs, 3 conference titles, 2 NBA championships.

They still ran the triangle during the repeat.

No team ever runs one system 100% of the time, but the Lakers were still built around it in those days, especially considering how good Pau was in it.

ElNono
06-02-2014, 11:20 PM
Hey there, pal... you just get of work?

You still doing the Scarn? :lmao

Buddy Mignon
06-16-2014, 08:16 AM

I'm somewhat of a prophet.

lefty
06-16-2014, 09:03 AM
Saltiness everywhere :lol

ambchang
06-16-2014, 10:38 AM
The greatest system is to shoot 20+ free throws in the fourth quarter of elimination games.

Unbeatable system.

ChumpDumper
06-16-2014, 10:44 AM
lakerfan trying so hard

Arnold Toht
06-16-2014, 11:53 AM
What's his real name again? Jim Duncan? Ted Duncan? James Duncan? Duncan Tim? Christ, I seriously forgot.

Clipper Nation
06-16-2014, 11:54 AM
What's his real name again? Jim Duncan? Ted Duncan? James Duncan? Duncan Tim? Christ, I seriously forgot.
Quit deflecting, Tit, we all know Tim Duncan is living rent-free in your head.

midnightpulp
06-16-2014, 12:13 PM

As long as Byron Scott coaches.

Horse
06-16-2014, 12:58 PM
I'm somewhat of a prophet.

fucking faggot

Blake
06-16-2014, 01:45 PM

He was also a system swimmer

Blake
06-16-2014, 01:47 PM

Duncan won the 1997 John Wooden Award as the NCAA's best overall male player based on the votes of sportscasters and newswriters. In that season, Duncan averaged 20.8 points per game and 14.7 rebounds per game. Duncan finished his college career as the leading shot blocker in NCAA history, and is one of only 10 players with more than 2,000 career points and 1,500 career rebounds. He was also the first player in NCAA history to reach 1,500 points, 1,000 rebounds, 400 blocked shots and 200 assists.

http://basketball.wikia.com/wiki/Tim_Duncan

:cry if only Pop had coached him at Wake.