PDA

View Full Version : Bosh - Battier - LeBron - Wade - Chalmers .... Is Tim for this series?

Gino-Step
06-03-2014, 01:43 AM
I'm really worried that Tim Duncan will want to try so hard to win and Pop will want him to have the court that he will hurt us in this series.

It's clear that Duncan on Bosh is going to be as ugly as Hibbert on Bosh. There's a reason Duncan wasn't in the game on Bosh in Game 6.

Who can Tim guard realistically if Miami's big man rotation becomes Chris Bosh - Rashard Lewis - Shane Battier?

Maybe play Tim when Chris Anderson is in the game?

My defensive counter would be Green on Bosh. Splitter on Battier. Diaw on LeBron. Leonard on Wade. Ginobili on Chalmers.

Seriously worried about Tim Duncan.

spurraider21
06-03-2014, 01:50 AM
no, the spurs should go with their all length lineup. manu-green-kawhi-diaw-splitter. players like duncan, parker are outdated in today's NBA. the need for versatility/length is taking over

lol jk you're a faggot

benstanfield
06-03-2014, 01:55 AM
He'll have to play outside the paint if Bosh is spotting up and fight his instinct to help on drives I guess. But Duncan is about ten times the offensive threat acorn dick Hibbert is. If Bosh is their primary Duncan defender that will create more problems for them than for us.

spurraider21
06-03-2014, 01:59 AM
they'll still have duncan retreat towards the paint against drives, and they can have different players rotate. if we have to rotate/scramble and duncan ends up on rashard lewis/battier its not like they can take advantage of that :lol

Chinook
06-03-2014, 02:04 AM
Dunno why the Spurs wouldn't play big and have Tim on Battier/Lewis. Let Splitter shut down Bosh

Gino-Step
06-03-2014, 02:08 AM
I like the Chinook. That's what they should do. The lane will not be clogged on the other end either given no shotblockers.

J.T.
06-03-2014, 02:12 AM
I like the Chinook.

THEN WHY DON'T YOU MARRY HIM???

OOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

xellos88330
06-03-2014, 02:19 AM
I'm really worried that Tim Duncan will want to try so hard to win and Pop will want him to have the court that he will hurt us in this series.

It's clear that Duncan on Bosh is going to be as ugly as Hibbert on Bosh. There's a reason Duncan wasn't in the game on Bosh in Game 6.

Who can Tim guard realistically if Miami's big man rotation becomes Chris Bosh - Rashard Lewis - Shane Battier?

My defensive counter would be Green on Bosh. Splitter on Battier. Diaw on LeBron. Leonard on Wade. Ginobili on Chalmers.

The Birdman isn't a guarantee to play to begin with. When you look at Tim's numbers from game 6 last year, he was a fucking monster. I think the problem is on the side of the Heat. They are most likely going to be the ones that needs to figure out a counter for Duncan if his performance is anywhere close to last season.

PÒÓCH
06-03-2014, 02:48 AM
Agreed, Tim should cower in a corner and forfeit the game.

said7
06-03-2014, 03:35 AM
Some of the shit people think of to post. My god.

ezau
06-03-2014, 03:56 AM
I'd rather have Battier or Lewis torch us from three than Wade or Lebron. I think Splitter will be useful in this series because he'll be able to shut down Bosh. If that doesn't work out, there's always Diaw who is perfect in small-ball situations.

hater
06-03-2014, 05:09 AM
If Duncan becomes irrelevant this seriez might as well forfeit right now

100%duncan
06-03-2014, 07:01 AM
:lol

cd98
06-03-2014, 07:13 AM
How will any of those guys guard Tim on the block?

cd98
06-03-2014, 07:14 AM
Duncan could guard old man Battier.

DMC
06-03-2014, 07:47 AM
There doesn't need to be any adjustments prior to game 1. After game 1, maybe Miami has to adjust.

Dex
06-03-2014, 08:37 AM
When you have the best power forward of all-time on your team, you play him.

myhc
06-03-2014, 08:43 AM
I think Miami should be worried about how they're going to defend Timmy down on the low block.

Fpoonsie
06-03-2014, 09:43 AM
THEN WHY DON'T YOU MARRY HIM???

OOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

http://1.media.collegehumor.cvcdn.com/64/77/dc59f2bf4d5da829a3c8d9b8990c7304-loopgif14.gif

moisaenz
06-03-2014, 10:05 AM
I would try splitter on bosh first since he did well against LMA.

ginobilized
06-03-2014, 10:53 AM
I see a few possibilities:
1)right before the tip of game one Duncan should just walk off the court into his twilight days to never be heard from again
2)perhaps a famous cowboy, Sam Eliot, should just "put him down" like a broken horse....on the court of course
3) play until the wheels falls off

Miami is too busy working on the 3-peat monetization to worry about Duncan, why should we?

romsho
06-03-2014, 10:59 AM

Sometimes you make the other team match up to you. Blowing that up before the series even starts is dumb. What was Miami's biggest problem w/ Indiana when Indiana was good? Roy Hibbert. David West. There is a mismatch in the post right now, today. Use it. Repeatedly.

vy65
06-03-2014, 11:06 AM
He'll have to play outside the paint if Bosh is spotting up and fight his instinct to help on drives I guess. But Duncan is about ten times the offensive threat acorn dick Hibbert is. If Bosh is their primary Duncan defender that will create more problems for them than for us.

Why the fuck do you have Slavoj Zizek as your avatar?

Dex
06-03-2014, 11:34 AM
http://1.media.collegehumor.cvcdn.com/64/77/dc59f2bf4d5da829a3c8d9b8990c7304-loopgif14.gif

Dem trees.

Mr. Body
06-03-2014, 11:45 AM
Yeah, West and Hibbert were tough for Miami to guard. Too bad Hibbert can't rebound or catch passes.

You know what? If Miami drew Memphis somehow, Z-Bo and Gasol would destroy the Heat. Absolutely murder them.

Miami will have to consider Duncan far more than vice versa.

06-03-2014, 12:22 PM
If the Heat goes small and the Spurs respond by putting Duncan on Bosh, things are going to go downhill very quickly. Bosh is shooting 41% from the 3pt line in the playoffs. If you thought Ibaka's open jumpers were bullshit, Duncan for sure won't recover fast enough to contest Bosh's 3's.

This matchup looks pretty gruesome. If Bosh draws the interior defender away from the inside, Lebron will have a field day in the paint.

Gino-Step
06-03-2014, 12:23 PM
yep.

mavsfan1000
06-03-2014, 12:26 PM
Duncan is in trouble. He needs to guard someone that stays around the basket to be effective. He can't do that in this series.

Jimcs50
06-03-2014, 12:37 PM
Well, Bosh cant guard TD, just like with Ibaka, TD can post him up and shoot over/around him. Bosh not strong enough.

I think both teams have matchup problems on defense to be honest.

mavsfan1000
06-03-2014, 12:44 PM
Well, Bosh cant guard TD, just like with Ibaka, TD can post him up and shoot over/around him. Bosh not strong enough.

I think both teams have matchup problems on defense to be honest.
Bosh is stronger than you think. And Miami is so good at swarming the middle and making the inside out pass difficult simultaneously. I think Diaw would be a better fit than Splitter in this series also.

spurraider21
06-03-2014, 12:56 PM
Duncan is in trouble. He needs to guard someone that stays around the basket to be effective. He can't do that in this series.
did you think Duncan was effective in the 2013 finals?

G-Dawgg
06-03-2014, 01:00 PM
Miami's interior is not exceptionally big. The Spurs have a clear interior advantage when Duncan is in the game. Why would the Spurs want to sit out their main advantage? Duncan is mobile enough to hang with Miami's bigs.

mavsfan1000
06-03-2014, 01:24 PM
Duncan is too old to dominate. And I feel Bosh has gotten stronger. Thus why Hibbert was a non factor in the Miami series this year. He had a much better series last year. So now I expect Duncan's numbers to follow the same path given he is also a year older.

xmas1997
06-03-2014, 01:42 PM
Dunno why the Spurs wouldn't play big and have Tim on Battier/Lewis. Let Splitter shut down Bosh

Some of the shit people think of to post. My god.

Are you just now realizing this? Probably not. You are so right.
I agree with Chinook. He always posts a very intelligent take.
I especially like what he says about what the Spurs should do to get Kevin Love and what the team should be.

Mugen
06-03-2014, 01:44 PM
Duncan is too old to dominate. And I feel Bosh has gotten stronger. Thus why Hibbert was a non factor in the Miami series this year. He had a much better series last year. So now I expect Duncan's numbers to follow the same path given he is also a year older.

He just averaged 17 & 10 against a much better interior than what Miami can throw at him tbh. Hibbert was getting shut down long before the ECF.

Duncan won't dominate throughout but he can turn back the clock for a game or two and still be solid throughout a series tbh.

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-03-2014, 01:44 PM
We'll have to dominate the interior so much that Miami will be forced to put a big body out there to guard Tim. It will be a battle of the wills. Lots of Oden and Birdman to try to keep Timmy from getting to 30 each game.

cd021
06-03-2014, 02:03 PM
I like the Chinook. That's what they should do. The lane will not be clogged on the other end either given no shotblockers.
Not to mention rebounding. The Heat would send another guard (chalmers) in the paint to try and help Lewis and Bosh coral loose boards. This should slow down their pace. I noticed they did the same thing last season when Indiana stayed big with Hansbrough on Miller. They'd send an extra guard into the paint to help their two "bigs" board.

Duncan, Splitter and Leonard could have help force the Heat away from that lineup by grabbing offensive boards and forcing them to defend extra possessions.

cd021
06-03-2014, 02:06 PM
He just averaged 17 & 10 against a much better interior than what Miami can throw at him tbh. Hibbert was getting shut down long before the ECF.

Duncan won't dominate throughout but he can turn back the clock for a game or two and still be solid throughout a series tbh.

I was surprised to learn Duncan averaged 19 and 12 in last years Finals. He didn't play particarly well in game 2,3 and 4 (if memory serves). I think he can have a strong series. Maybe not that good but 15 and 10 easily.

Gino-Step
06-03-2014, 02:24 PM
I was surprised to learn Duncan averaged 19 and 12 in last years Finals. He didn't play particarly well in game 2,3 and 4 (if memory serves). I think he can have a strong series. Maybe not that good but 15 and 10 easily.

If you're getting 15-10 from Duncan, that's not good enough to offset Bosh's spacing and Duncan's PnR defense.

benstanfield
06-03-2014, 05:51 PM
Why the fuck do you have Slavoj Zizek as your avatar?

Why not?

vy65
06-03-2014, 06:00 PM
^ Fair enough. Never thought I'd see his ugly fucking face pop up on here doe