PDA

View Full Version : What's up with the "don't rape" PSA at Cinemark movie theatres?

Jacob1983
06-03-2014, 03:04 AM
I may be a little behind on this but I've seen that annoying PSA twice in the last month at the movie theatres. When I see a movie, I want to see things that have to do with movies. Before I watch a movie, I want to movie previews. I don't want someone to bitch to me about evil shitty people. I don't want to hear annoying uppity Seth Meyers bitching to me about that shit. And besides, it's common sense. Don't rape people. At the movie theatre, I don't want politics please. I go to the movie theatre and watch movies as an escape.
Personally, I think the PSA is sexist. It's saying that all men are rapists or want to rape.

Thebesteva
06-03-2014, 04:39 AM
Because if they didn't remind us we'd forget

JoeTait75
06-03-2014, 06:14 AM
That was the problem with Ted Bundy, the Hillside Stranglers, etc... no one told them that rape was wrong. If someone had told them, maybe they wouldn't have done it.

Franklin
06-03-2014, 06:20 AM
That's because most men don't have such mental power to keep their dicks in the right place when a hot bitch flirts with them.

ChumpDumper
06-03-2014, 07:12 AM
Since when is the idea of not raping political?

DMC
06-03-2014, 07:25 AM
They know Kobe is on hiatus and probably watching a movie somewhere.

Medvedenko
06-03-2014, 04:54 PM
2004 called, they want their shitty joke back...

SupremeGuy
06-03-2014, 05:08 PM
They know Kobe is on hiatus and probably watching a movie somewhere.:lmao

Katherine Robinson
06-03-2014, 05:37 PM
Rape would decline by a huge margin if women stopped falsely reporting their sexual encounters they regret as rape.

RD2191
06-03-2014, 05:49 PM
:lmao

RD2191
06-03-2014, 05:49 PM
Rape would decline by a huge margin if women stopped falsely reporting their sexual encounters they regret as rape.
This is also true.

ChumpDumper
06-03-2014, 05:51 PM
Wait. You're saying men rape because they hear of false rape reports?

lol

m>s
06-03-2014, 06:39 PM
that's a lot of movie for someone who's apparently broke and miserable. you probably eat and buy drinks there too.

DMC
06-03-2014, 07:24 PM
Wait. You're saying men rape because they hear of false rape reports?

lol

Seriously, you think that's what he's saying, Beta Philo?

DMC
06-03-2014, 07:24 PM
that's a lot of movie for someone who's apparently broke and miserable. you probably eat and buy drinks there too.

Have you priced the hotdogs and fountain drinks at Target? No wonder he's broke.

m>s
06-03-2014, 08:12 PM
Have you priced the hotdogs and fountain drinks at Target? No wonder he's broke.

i never get tempted by that type of bullshit. i eat at home most of the time.

DMC
06-03-2014, 08:26 PM
i never get tempted by that type of bullshit. i eat at home most of the time.
Me too I'm taking a cheap shot at Jacob.

ChumpDumper
06-03-2014, 08:32 PM
Seriously, you think that's what he's saying, Beta Philo?Yes.

DMC
06-03-2014, 08:36 PM
Yes.

You do realize the rape statistics are our only way of knowing whether or not rape increases or decreases, so if you're being a pedant and you think it's cute, consider that. Actual rape obviously isn't changed by stopping false allegations, but reported rapes are, and since we only know reported rapes, if the false ones go away, the total reported rapes would decrease. Spin that however you like, but that's how it is.

ChumpDumper
06-03-2014, 08:40 PM
You do realize the rape statistics are our only way of knowing whether or not rape increases or decreases, so if you're being a pedant and you think it's cute, consider that. Actual rape obviously isn't changed by stopping false allegations, but reported rapes are, and since we only know reported rapes, if the false ones go away, the total reported rapes would decrease. Spin that however you like, but that's how it is.So any reported crime would be less reported if folks stopped falsely reporting crime.

Why the angst about rape?

DMC
06-03-2014, 08:46 PM
So any reported crime would be less reported if folks stopped falsely reporting crime.

Why the angst about rape?

And that's what KR was saying before you filed your "nuh uh" remark. And technically if a crime was only reported once and it wasn't false, you're wrong. See?

The angst is about how you denied the claim through a technicality as if you're on a debate team.

ChumpDumper
06-03-2014, 08:48 PM
And that's what KR was saying before you filed your "nuh uh" remark.

The angst is about how you denied the claim through a technicality as if you're on a debate team.
You're really feeling angst about that?

DMC
06-03-2014, 08:50 PM
You're really feeling angst about that?

My response to you is no more angst than your response to KR. Do you really have 85K posts and still say "you mad" when someone points out how you're being a sniveling douche?

ChumpDumper
06-03-2014, 08:53 PM
My response to you is no more angst than your response to KR. Do you really have 85K posts and still say "you mad" when someone points out how you're being a sniveling douche?You said it. I just wanted clarification.

I think it's interesting that this is the go-to argument about rape. I don't know if it is meant to diminish the impact of actual rape or what.

DMC
06-03-2014, 09:19 PM
You said it. I just wanted clarification.

I think it's interesting that this is the go-to argument about rape. I don't know if it is meant to diminish the impact of actual rape or what.

The impact of any crime on society is masked by the inflated stats, and it's also diminished by them because if even some of the false reports are stopped, suddenly there's the appearance that the crime itself has decreased. 1st most rapes are not reported (which begs the question) and 2nd many reported rapes are not actually rapes. So if you looked at the violent rapes, not just guys who didn't stop when she decided she was mad or had second thoughts, it would be even lower. Would that relatively low number lead to fewer dollars spent to battle it? Perhaps. I cannot imagine there are a ton of false murder or robbery reports, although fraudulent insurance claims are no doubt higher than false rape claims.

Franklin
06-03-2014, 09:46 PM
bitches at first resent the strange dicks of the rapists but in the end they also enjoy it alot when they come, that's why most bitches would stop struggling after the dick went in. Rapists have bigger dicks which give them bitches the exciting experience that has long been missed in their relationships or marriages. Most rape claims, if not all, are just false claims and are excuses used by bitches for cheating on their spouses, tbh.

Jacob1983
06-04-2014, 01:15 AM
Cinemark 14 in McKinney is probably the cheapest theatre in America. Matinees are 3.50 and night time showings are 5.50. That's a good deal. And yes ass fucks, I did get something to drink. I paid 3 dollars to fill up my Brazil 2014 World Cup cup.

I just don't want to hear about politics or get bitched at when I'm watching a movie. I am there to relax and escape from reality. I don't want to hear a hung over and beaten up looking James Bond bitch to me about rape.

ChumpDumper
06-04-2014, 01:21 AM
The impact of any crime on society is masked by the inflated stats, and it's also diminished by them because if even some of the false reports are stopped, suddenly there's the appearance that the crime itself has decreased. 1st most rapes are not reported (which begs the question) and 2nd many reported rapes are not actually rapes. So if you looked at the violent rapes, not just guys who didn't stop when she decided she was mad or had second thoughts, it would be even lower. Would that relatively low number lead to fewer dollars spent to battle it? Perhaps. I cannot imagine there are a ton of false murder or robbery reports, although fraudulent insurance claims are no doubt higher than false rape claims.That depends on what "relatively low" means, and I'm not sure the notoriety would diminish much since violent rape (although all rape is violent if it is indeed rape) would still have a pretty serious impact in the media and the general conscience.

DMC
06-04-2014, 01:30 AM
That depends on what "relatively low" means, and I'm not sure the notoriety would diminish much since violent rape (although all rape is violent if it is indeed rape) would still have a pretty serious impact in the media and the general conscience.

It means exactly what it says "relatively low", which means relative to another number which is obviously the number that existed prior to the drop in false reports. If there were 3500 reported rapes last year, and suddenly polygraph is used in rape reports, then the reports drop to 1200 or less (for whatever reason), that's relatively low compared to almost 3x the previous year.

Rape is any sex without consent. If it's a normal intercourse and she says no and you don't stop, you're guilty of rape. When you start drawing lines is when the waters muddy, because the stats consider all of these to be rape. So no, all rape is not violent.

ChumpDumper
06-04-2014, 01:36 AM
It means exactly what it says "relatively low", which means relative to another number which is obviously the number that existed prior to the drop in false reports. If there were 3500 reported rapes last year, and suddenly polygraph is used in rape reports, then the reports drop to 1200 or less (for whatever reason), that's relatively low compared to almost 3x the previous year.Yeah, but there's nothing to back up those numbers. If the numbers only drop by say 100, is that relatively lower number going to make as much of a difference?

Rape is any sex without consent. If it's a normal intercourse and she says no and you don't stop, you're guilty of rape. When you start drawing lines is when the waters muddy, because the stats consider all of these to be rape. So no, all rape is not violent.Of course forcible sex is inherently an act of violence. There's really no getting around that.

Jacob1983
06-04-2014, 01:36 AM
What about women that get wet and orgasm because they have rape fantasies. True story. Yep, it happens.

ChumpDumper
06-04-2014, 01:39 AM
I still want to know how an anti-rape psa is political, Jacob.

Which political party has a pro-rape platform?

GoodOdor
06-04-2014, 02:02 AM
I still want to know how an anti-rape psa is political, Jacob.

Which political party has a pro-rape platform?

The republicans.

Jacob1983
06-04-2014, 02:09 AM
It's political because the people in the PSA are liberal koolaid drinkers. Bush's 3rd and 4th term is in it too.

As I stated earlier, I don't want to get bitched at for this shit especially at a movie theatre. When I'm at a movie theatre, it's all about the movie in my opinion. When I was watching Jennifer Lawrence walk around in blue body paint, I wasn't giving a shit about anything else. I was just hoping for a jiggle of some sort.
I don't have a problem if it's a charity like St. Jude's or Wounded Warriors. I just don't want to have uppity arrogant unfunny Seth Meyers telling me not to rape. I bet that fucker has boozed up a lot of chicks and dudes before he seduced them. And you've got an insincere Michael Scott in it too. Steve Carell sounds so fake and forced in it.

ChumpDumper
06-04-2014, 02:13 AM
It's political because the people in the PSA are liberal koolaid drinkers. Bush's 3rd and 4th term is in it too.

As I stated earlier, I don't want to get bitched at for this shit especially at a movie theatre. When I'm at a movie theatre, it's all about the movie in my opinion. When I was watching Jennifer Lawrence walk around in blue body paint, I wasn't giving a shit about anything else. I was just hoping for a jiggle of some sort.
I don't have a problem if it's a charity like St. Jude's or Wounded Warriors. I just don't want to have uppity arrogant unfunny Seth Meyers telling me not to rape. I bet that fucker has boozed up a lot of chicks and dudes before he seduced them. And you've got an insincere Michael Scott in it too. Steve Carell sounds so fake and forced in it.Well, boycott Cinemark.

Be a man.

Jacob1983
06-04-2014, 02:14 AM
No way. Cinemark 14 has the best prices on this planet. Only pussies boycott.

ChumpDumper
06-04-2014, 02:16 AM
Actually, a pussy is someone who starts a thread bitching about something then does absolutely nothing about it.

You have no principles and no one should have any respect for you or your opinions.

Jacob1983
06-04-2014, 02:30 AM
Do you think I care? You crack me up, dumper.

ChumpDumper
06-04-2014, 02:34 AM
You just said you really don't care about these PSAs at all.

So why start a thread?

Jacob1983
06-04-2014, 02:45 AM
Free will

ChumpDumper
06-04-2014, 02:51 AM
So, no reason whatsoever.

Jacob1983
06-04-2014, 03:04 AM
Pretty much.

DD
06-04-2014, 04:27 AM
bitches at first resent the strange dicks of the rapists but in the end they also enjoy it alot when they come, that's why most bitches would stop struggling after the dick went in. Rapists have bigger dicks which give them bitches the exciting experience that has long been missed in their relationships or marriages. Most rape claims, if not all, are just false claims and are excuses used by bitches for cheating on their spouses, tbh.

:lmao

DD
06-04-2014, 04:28 AM
speaking of rape, DMC went in raw on chumpdumper