PDA

View Full Version : Tony Parker new blog Post

Amuseddaysleeper
06-03-2014, 10:36 AM
I got a C- in french but this is incredibly accurate:

I twisted my ankle in Game 4 of the first round against Dallas. I continued to play with the pain and I again twisted his ankle in Game 4 of the conference finals against Oklahoma City. I gritted my teeth, I did not want to abandon my teammates. But the pain was too strong in the sixth game , I could not really play anymore.

Today, I spend my days treat me. But the good news is that I will play the first match of the final Thursday against the Heat. I may not be 100% but I 'll be there. In 13 years , I played seven conference finals and I have the chance to play my final fifth with Spurs. This is really great. I continue my dream , this is really something sick .

We are happy to be back in the NBA Finals . It's hard to get there, or very rare. I can not wait to start . San Antonio -Miami is a little dream final . We often talk to me about our lost last year's final but for me , I think no more . That is why this final has no taste for revenge on me . This is a new season with a new finish. This is nothing to me.

It is expected a final hanging with two very good teams . I think it'll play anything. Victory will switch to small details . "

Original post:

http://www.tp9.net/spurs/je-jouerai-jeudi-face-au-heat/

phxspurfan
06-03-2014, 10:41 AM
Great. So he lost his health AND his hatred-fueled drive to win.

Budkin
06-03-2014, 10:46 AM

Won't matter, everyone else's will make up for it.

TacoCabanaFajitas
06-03-2014, 10:58 AM

I was thinking pretty much the exact same thing. He sounds like he's glad they're back but it wont be too big of a deal if they can't seal the deal this year.

dg7md
06-03-2014, 11:00 AM
I was thinking pretty much the exact same thing. He sounds like he's glad they're back but it wont be too big of a deal if they can't seal the deal this year.

Well, honestly, it wouldn't be the end of the world if we couldn't do it. I will be distraught, but I will be really satisfied with our guys and their abilities to come back from that brutal loss last year... nothing that happens this year will hurt more than that one did, that's for sure.

Good translations, Amused, good to see that he's going to play and put it all out there for us.

said7
06-03-2014, 11:01 AM
he needs to play 20-22 mins a game. No more.

bklynspursfan
06-03-2014, 12:23 PM

I just think he's not talking about it as much. Last year he sounded very motivated, kept saying "do it for Timmy" etc... This year, he probably is just being low-key about it. Though Miami will probably spin it to mean something else.

EVAY
06-03-2014, 12:54 PM
he needs to play 20-22 mins a game. No more.

This.

As I have said elsewhere also, Pop has to limit his minutes in order for him to be effective. He can't be playing as many minutes as he did last year or earlier in these playoffs or that thing will get worse again and then he is ineffective, and people will claim that he is just choking.

ohmwrecker
06-03-2014, 01:03 PM
Just hold him out for Game 4.

spurs10
06-03-2014, 01:07 PM
Not being 100% is probably not going to get it done. CJ, Manu, and Patty won the OKC game in his place. The Heat will smell blood and attack him. Especially now that he's made public he's not well. Wonder if another week would make a difference?

TheyCallMePro
06-03-2014, 01:11 PM
This.

As I have said elsewhere also, Pop has to limit his minutes in order for him to be effective. He can't be playing as many minutes as he did last year or earlier in these playoffs or that thing will get worse again and then he is ineffective, and people will claim that he is just choking.

I'm with you. The second it was announced that Parker was out for the second half in game 6 vs OKC I knew we had an even better chance to win. And it's not Parker's fault so much---it's just that Manu is a far better play-maker, through and through. Mills and Joseph get all the credit, which is ridiculous, because it's all Manu playing point.

Parker is the best PG in the NBA. But he doesn't involve anyone else when he's on the floor except Timmy. And his dribble, dribble kills whatever rhythm our offense has. He seems to have this arrogant attitude when he's on the court. Like he doesn't respect certain players...Danny Green, Kawhi, Splitter, to name a few.

I almost wish he would sit out game 1 so we could see how we do without him with Manu playing point and 35+ mins a game.

ducks
06-03-2014, 01:13 PM
manu can not play 35 minutes a game anymore
manu hardly plays well now 2 games in a row
tp is not that bad yes he misses some people sometimes when open
but pop also has told him to shot 25 times in a game

spurs10
06-03-2014, 01:13 PM
Just hold him out for Game 4.
If we win the first three for sure! Then close it out at home. I'm being delusional I know, but I actually felt with a healthy TP we had this. Now we are in for more of a dogfight and I hope we can hang in there.

ElNono
06-03-2014, 01:14 PM
GWS Tony...

spurs10
06-03-2014, 01:16 PM
GWS Tony...
:toast

SpurPadre
06-03-2014, 01:17 PM
Man, just reading the translation comes off as so buzz-killing and worrying about our chances to win. We need TP at least 90% to beat them but this almost looks like he's in much worse shape than he's letting on. I hope it's all smoke screen and he's taking a page out of the Presti-Ibaka book of lying.

moisaenz
06-03-2014, 01:19 PM
Just say that he is out for the rest of the season, Spurs will win at home without him, then bring him out in game 3...

RD2191
06-03-2014, 01:20 PM
I'm with you. The second it was announced that Parker was out for the second half in game 6 vs OKC I knew we had an even better chance to win. And it's not Parker's fault so much---it's just that Manu is a far better play-maker, through and through. Mills and Joseph get all the credit, which is ridiculous, because it's all Manu playing point.

Parker is the best PG in the NBA. But he doesn't involve anyone else when he's on the floor except Timmy. And his dribble, dribble kills whatever rhythm our offense has. He seems to have this arrogant attitude when he's on the court. Like he doesn't respect certain players...Danny Green, Kawhi, Splitter, to name a few.

I almost wish he would sit out game 1 so we could see how we do without him with Manu playing point and 35+ mins a game.
:lmao

RD2191
06-03-2014, 01:20 PM

RD2191
06-03-2014, 01:22 PM
:lmao:lmao

spurs10
06-03-2014, 01:28 PM
Man, just reading the translation comes off as so buzz-killing and worrying about our chances to win. We need TP at least 90% to beat them but this almost looks like he's in much worse shape than he's letting on. I hope it's all smoke screen and he's taking a page out of the Presti-Ibaka book of lying.
Yeah this blog was not advisable unless he's lying....which I doubt. He probably is telling it like it is.

EVAY
06-03-2014, 01:29 PM
^^^^Thing is, Manu can't play that many minutes every other night these days either.

Manu has ALWAYS been the best passer with the most superior court vision on our team. At this point, the second best on both those skills is Boris.

Tony has never had the essential skill set that Manu came with when he got here. Tony is 100% a product of Pop's development. He had speed and a decent shot when he got here. That was it. Pop developed him into an effective jump shooter, and a good ball distributor within the motion offense. But no one can develop court vision and/or the kind of passing skills that Manu and Boris have. Tony has his strengths, and when healthy, they include an ability to drive to the paint fearlessly (which he does better than any other pg in the league) and score, which draws the defenders to him, allowing our wing players to take open shots. Without that paint penetration, the defense can stay on our wings and take them out of the offense entirely. Tony also is super fast at getting around so many screens on the loop play that he gets his own defender and all the screened defenders out of position, which helps both TIm and our wings.

Pop told TP that he wanted a 50-50 scorer/passer combination, and he taught him to do just exactly that. When Tony was first here all he did was give the ball to Tim in the low post, because that was our offense at the time. As Tim aged, Pop switched to a motion offense that relies on heavy duty Tony running farther and faster than anyone on the court at all times in order to facilitate our offensive set. When Tony is slowed, he can't cut and he can't drive past people, so he is stuck on the dribble trying to find an opening that he can exploit, and it simply ruins our offensive set.

The reason that Tony passes so often to Tim is that that pass is the first option offensive set for us, and has been for a long time. Tony gives the ball to Tim and begins running the loop or driving and cutting back, and then depending on what play has been called and what Tim sees on the floor, Tim either gives it back to Tony or passes to one of the wing men, all of whom are moving while Tim is surveying the court.

Tony is never doing something that Pop doesn't want done, or he would be on the bench just like anyone else on the team would be - like Pop sat him in the second half against OKC in game 6. Tony is out there running exactly what Pop wants run, wether we like it or not.

TP is not arrogant - although he is quite capable of getting egotistical when he thinks another pg is showing him up…but Pop will curtail that if necessary.

We are better this year without Tony than we were last year, and I think that means that we should rely on him less. But we need him - we just need him at full speed in order to do what he does best.

ElNono
06-03-2014, 01:35 PM
He's been banged up all season, tbh... I thought Pop also made it a priority all season to make sure the team could at least remain competitive when Tony struggled, and you can see the fruit of that labor in reaching these NBA Finals...

Obviously the Spurs are a better team with MVParker, but on other years, we wouldn't have survived the bad hammy or twisted ankle... Lots of merit should also go to Patty and Cojo, both of whom have stepped up big when their number was called.

Hopefully they can step up for 4 more games, and finish off one of the most improbable runs to a championship in a while.

ducks
06-03-2014, 01:44 PM
boris according to steve kerr is the best passer
manu is a great passer but sometimes his passes are risky and they result in a turnover!

spurs10
06-03-2014, 01:47 PM
He's been banged up all season, tbh... I thought Pop also made it a priority all season to make sure the team could at least remain competitive when Tony struggled, and you can see the fruit of that labor in reaching these NBA Finals...

Obviously the Spurs are a better team with MVParker, but on other years, we wouldn't have survived the bad hammy or twisted ankle... Lots of merit should also go to Patty and Cojo, both of whom have stepped up big when their number was called.

Hopefully they can step up for 4 more games, and finish off one of the most improbable runs to a championship in a while. You know it...

will_spurs
06-03-2014, 02:07 PM
Translation corrected in bold.

I twisted my ankle in Game 4 of the first round against Dallas. I continued to play with the pain and I again twisted his ankle in Game 4 of the conference finals against Oklahoma City. I gritted my teeth, I did not want to abandon my teammates. But the pain was too strong in the sixth game, I really could not play anymore.

Today, I spend my days healing myself. But the good news is that I will play the first match of the final Thursday against the Heat. I may not be 100% but I 'll be there. In 13 years , I played seven conference finals and I have the chance to play my fifth Finals with Spurs. This is really great. I continue my dream, this is really crazy.

We are happy to be back in the NBA Finals . It's hard to get there, even very rare. I can not wait to start. San Antonio-Miami is a bit of a dream Finals. People often talk to me about our loss in the Finals last year final but as far as I'm concerned, I don't think about it any more. That is why this Finals doesn't feel like revenge to me. This is a new season with a new Finals [appearance]. This is nothing else to my eyes.

A contested Finals between two very good teams is to be expected. I think it can go either way. Victory will be decided on little details."

I think for once this sounds very much like stonewalling. The kind of "business as usual" line not to fuel any fire or give any ammo to the media or Miami.

EVAY
06-03-2014, 02:29 PM

I think for once this sounds very much like stonewalling. The kind of "business as usual" line not to fuel any fire or give any ammo to the media or Miami.

Exactly…Especially after what the media did with Tim's rather innocuous 'we're gonna get it this time', I'm sure every Spur has been coached to say only bland things.

hater
06-03-2014, 02:40 PM
Damn. He sounds hurt and sad about it.

:pctoss

Id say hes around 70% which means we are going to get barbecued :pctoss

spurs10
06-03-2014, 02:53 PM
I still think we have a lot going for us. Obviously if your best player isn't 100% it's not great. He played pretty damn good in Game 5 WCF...

bklynspursfan
06-03-2014, 03:00 PM
Parker's comments on Manu running the point from his practice interview. "I'd rather him than Danny" Got a good laugh.

I think TP will be fine. I look for him to start hot, maybe cool down, but I think he'll start the game in attack mode.

Amuseddaysleeper
06-03-2014, 03:07 PM

Thanks for fixing it up bud :tu

TDfan2007
06-03-2014, 03:18 PM
^^^^Thing is, Manu can't play that many minutes every other night these days either.

Manu has ALWAYS been the best passer with the most superior court vision on our team. At this point, the second best on both those skills is Boris.

Tony has never had the essential skill set that Manu came with when he got here. Tony is 100% a product of Pop's development. He had speed and a decent shot when he got here. That was it. Pop developed him into an effective jump shooter, and a good ball distributor within the motion offense. But no one can develop court vision and/or the kind of passing skills that Manu and Boris have. Tony has his strengths, and when healthy, they include an ability to drive to the paint fearlessly (which he does better than any other pg in the league) and score, which draws the defenders to him, allowing our wing players to take open shots. Without that paint penetration, the defense can stay on our wings and take them out of the offense entirely. Tony also is super fast at getting around so many screens on the loop play that he gets his own defender and all the screened defenders out of position, which helps both TIm and our wings.

Pop told TP that he wanted a 50-50 scorer/passer combination, and he taught him to do just exactly that. When Tony was first here all he did was give the ball to Tim in the low post, because that was our offense at the time. As Tim aged, Pop switched to a motion offense that relies on heavy duty Tony running farther and faster than anyone on the court at all times in order to facilitate our offensive set. When Tony is slowed, he can't cut and he can't drive past people, so he is stuck on the dribble trying to find an opening that he can exploit, and it simply ruins our offensive set.

The reason that Tony passes so often to Tim is that that pass is the first option offensive set for us, and has been for a long time. Tony gives the ball to Tim and begins running the loop or driving and cutting back, and then depending on what play has been called and what Tim sees on the floor, Tim either gives it back to Tony or passes to one of the wing men, all of whom are moving while Tim is surveying the court.

Tony is never doing something that Pop doesn't want done, or he would be on the bench just like anyone else on the team would be - like Pop sat him in the second half against OKC in game 6. Tony is out there running exactly what Pop wants run, wether we like it or not.

TP is not arrogant - although he is quite capable of getting egotistical when he thinks another pg is showing him up…but Pop will curtail that if necessary.

We are better this year without Tony than we were last year, and I think that means that we should rely on him less. But we need him - we just need him at full speed in order to do what he does best.

Great post.

TDfan2007
06-03-2014, 03:20 PM

Danny owes Tony half of his paycheck...

Spurs da champs
06-03-2014, 04:13 PM
Built in excuse, nothing new to see here.

Macca76
06-03-2014, 04:23 PM
Not so good to reply, real post below

Macca76
06-03-2014, 04:25 PM

Just thank you for this great post. I don't know why some people can't see it. Thinking we have better chances with TP in street clothes is just insane. I wonder if the TP haters actually watch games.
And as for the fake injury, this is just too much. Wake up people ! We have a hell of a team and hating some players this much is not supporting your team.
Spoiled haters (I won't say fans)
Go Spurs, that's all that matters

mudyez
06-03-2014, 04:35 PM
just split minutes between manu and tony! 28/20 with the option to play them together in crunchtime of a tight game!

we might not be better with parker right now, but we gotta make sure, MIA has to gameplan for him and his hopefully efficient minutes.

siraulo23
06-03-2014, 04:59 PM
Yeah, tp's only had a couple of vintage game this POs

you can tell he is injured

It will be next to impossible to win vs the heat without a 100% tp

littlecoyotecoin
06-03-2014, 04:59 PM
Parker's comments on Manu running the point from his practice interview. "I'd rather him than Danny" Got a good laugh.

I think TP will be fine. I look for him to start hot, maybe cool down, but I think he'll start the game in attack mode.

Yeah, I even chuckled. Danny has been a savior in many ways, but a passer he is not.

littlecoyotecoin
06-03-2014, 05:04 PM

Yeah, I even chuckled. Danny has been a savior in many ways, but a passer he is not.

TheGreatYacht
06-03-2014, 05:42 PM

That man said he trusts Manu's playmaking against Miami over Parker's LMFAO

WHO DO YOU THINK GOT DANNY GREEN ALL HIS OPEN LOOKS? :lmao

TheGreatYacht
06-03-2014, 05:42 PM
Danny owes Tony half of his paycheck...

mavsfan1000
06-03-2014, 06:37 PM
It's over for the Spurs if Parker is being serious.

Diego20
06-03-2014, 07:34 PM
manu can not play 35 minutes a game anymore
manu hardly plays well now 2 games in a row
tp is not that bad yes he misses some people sometimes when open
but pop also has told him to shot 25 times in a game

Why are you talking about Manu? :rollin

Russ
06-03-2014, 07:38 PM
Question for the crowd:

Will TP have a 30 point game in this series?

(I think he might.)

ManuTastic
06-03-2014, 07:40 PM

Excellent post. Hear, hear.

ezau
06-04-2014, 12:00 AM

It seems to be that he's just happy to b there. Dafuq?

heyheymymy
06-04-2014, 12:17 AM
cia pop?

DMC
06-04-2014, 12:31 AM
CoJo will take us to the promised land.

DMC
06-04-2014, 12:34 AM

This is really all that needs to be said.

Johnny RIngo
06-04-2014, 01:18 AM

How can you say this with a straight face after the way Westbrook shit on him last round?

will_spurs
06-04-2014, 11:16 AM
How can you say this with a straight face after the way Westbrook shit on him last round?

Read Chinook's defensive analysis thread. Check Parker's numbers when defending Westbrook. Realize how uneffective Westbrook is. Understand why OKC lost.

dg7md
06-04-2014, 11:24 AM
CoJo will take us to the promised land.

I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not, but I definitely feel like he will step up big in this series, especially if Parker isn't 100 percent.

Tony can still be effective even at 70 percent, he could "fake" his condition a bit by playing a bit easy, but still scoring a few times how he has made his living his entire career. He won't need to play as many minutes if we get some solid leads, and if Parker at least does a few slashes to the basket and scores, it will seem like he's back to shape. Even if he isn't, Parker could mask his injuries... Parker doesn't need to be the leading scorer for us to win this series, him getting 15 or so a game might be enough if we get enough production from Boris, Manu, Green, and Tim.

It's all mind games at this point, Parker could just be throwing the Heat off, he might be totally serious, or tomorrow Tony might be on fire and playing an Ibaka-esque return performance regardless to any health issues.

Johnny RIngo
06-04-2014, 11:32 AM
Read Chinook's defensive analysis thread. Check Parker's numbers when defending Westbrook. Realize how uneffective Westbrook is. Understand why OKC lost.

Westbrook was OKC's best player in the Conference Finals while the Spurs didn't even need Parker to close out the Thunder.

Westbrook's Conference Finals numbers:
27ppg/6rpg/7apg on 54% TS
109 ORtg

Parker's Conference Finals numbers:
13ppg/2rpg/5apg on 51% TS
99 ORtg

Parker was a worse scorer/rebounder/passer AND less efficient. Anybody that thinks Parker outplayed WB is an idiot.

King Emmanuel
06-04-2014, 11:34 AM
hopefully he doesnt play at all in the finals. we will win for sure

Spur|n|Austin
06-04-2014, 11:38 AM
TP made the All NBA 2nd Team

will_spurs
06-04-2014, 11:39 AM
Westbrook was OKC's best player in the Conference Finals while the Spurs didn't even need Parker to close out the Thunder.

Westbrook's Conference Finals numbers:
27ppg/6rpg/7apg on 54% TS
109 ORtg

Parker's Conference Finals numbers:
13ppg/2rpg/5apg on 51% TS
99 ORtg

Parker was a worse scorer/rebounder/passer AND less efficient. Anybody that thinks Parker outplayed WB is an idiot.

Yet Parker was the best Spurs defender on Westbrook and is in the Finals while Westbrook is on holidays.

And I guess it's not coincidental that you elected to show TS% which of course takes into account FT%, which given how often Westbrook gets sent to the line for no real reason, inflates his TS% artificially.

But hey, I'm not surprised you prefer the loser...

Johnny RIngo
06-04-2014, 12:06 PM
Yet Parker was the best Spurs defender on Westbrook and is in the Finals while Westbrook is on holidays.

Yes, he's in the Finals thanks to Manu/TD/Leonard/Green/Splitter carrying his ass.

And I guess it's not coincidental that you elected to show TS% which of course takes into account FT%, which given how often Westbrook gets sent to the line for no real reason, inflates his TS% artificially.

Makes sense to use TS% in this comparison since you want to reward the guys that are aggressively attacking the basket. Parker's played soft basketball throughout this post-season - career low playoff year when it comes to drawing free throws. And it's not like the refs don't like him because he plays for the Spurs either. Manu, for example, has the same free throw attempt rate as Westbrook in these playoffs.

But hey, I'm not surprised you prefer the loser...

I support the superior player. I support the guy that hasn't quit on his team twice in these playoffs.

ducks
06-04-2014, 12:07 PM
stats shown on tv said when parker was guarding westbook he was not effective when others were westbrook was effective

ducks
06-04-2014, 12:08 PM
parker has never got the calls and some do not understand it
he shots all thoses points in the paint yet he does not get to the free throw line

ducks
06-04-2014, 12:11 PM
westbrook quite on his team on game 6 when he shot the ball over the backboard when kd was wide open for a three
westrbrook also shot more shots then kd in the overtime
had tp did that instead of westbrook you would have said tunnel version
westbrook is a better rebounder but he has a better rebounder body then tp

Johnny RIngo
06-04-2014, 12:13 PM
parker has never got the calls and some do not understand it
he shots all thoses points in the paint yet he does not get to the free throw line

TP fans sounding like Scott Brooks all of a sudden. :cry Not enough FTAs for Tony :cry

will_spurs
06-04-2014, 12:26 PM
Yes, he's in the Finals thanks to Manu/TD/Leonard/Green/Splitter carrying his ass.

Why stop at these five? Afraid to go full retard?

Makes sense to use TS% in this comparison since you want to reward the guys that are aggressively attacking the basket. Parker's played soft basketball throughout this post-season - career low playoff year when it comes to drawing free throws. And it's not like the refs don't like him because he plays for the Spurs either. Manu, for example, has the same free throw attempt rate as Westbrook in these playoffs.

Westbrook isn't aggressively attacking the basket, he's aggressively attacking other players... and getting free throws for it.

I support the superior player. I support the guy that hasn't quit on his team twice in these playoffs.

You support the loser, period.

spurs10
06-04-2014, 12:58 PM

Westbrook isn't aggressively attacking the basket, he's aggressively attacking other players... and getting free throws for it.

You support the loser, period.Funny! :lol
Agreed!:toast
Westbrook who?:lobt2:

EVAY
06-04-2014, 01:45 PM
Not that this information will make any difference to the rabid TP haters like Apilosic and Johnny Ringo, but Dr. Jason Garret, who works directly with Tony as a rehab specialist, said this morning that besides the light ankle sprain, Tony also has been dealing with a bone bruise in his left ankle.

I have had bone bruises and they are exceptionally painful. However, Garret said that there was no reason that he couldn't be given pain meds and/or injections for the pain, and that if that is successful, Tony should be able to be close to 100%.

Some of us will consider this excellent news.

Go Spurs Go!

hater
06-04-2014, 02:18 PM
:pctoss

no way meds get you close to 100% unless they contain heavy doses of heroin/cocaine/morphine

:pctoss sounds like Tony mighh need an amputation just to carry on a normal life :pctoss

congrats Miami :pctoss

will_spurs
06-04-2014, 02:42 PM
Some of us will consider this excellent news.

:toast

Johnny RIngo
06-04-2014, 03:58 PM

I picked those five because they're all leading the team in PER this post-season. Guess you could go one more and add Diaw too:

21.6 - TD
21.1 - Manu
19.0 - Tiago
17.2 - Kawhi
17.0 - Diaw
16.0 - Green
16.0 - Parker

:cry Not enough free throws for Tony :cry

You support the loser, period.

Just posting facts. Anybody that thinks Tony outplayed WB is a fucking idiot. Parker was SO valuable to the team that we were able to close out, on the road, without him.

ducks
06-04-2014, 04:29 PM
per for manu is a joke because he is not effective in 48 minutes
hecan barely play 30 and be somewhat effective the next game unless he has 2 days off

ducks
06-04-2014, 04:35 PM
spurs run a motion o and so the point guard does not average a lot of assist but get hockey assist
spurs average one if not the most assist in the nba thanks to motion o but the point guard does not get a lot
all the players get a lot but if you look at stats since the point does not get a lot of assist he gets outplayed LOL

what was westbrook problem when he was in sa? he is the point guard and they got beat by 80 points in sa

Spur|n|Austin
06-06-2014, 11:29 AM
06.06.2014:

"The score is flattering. It's been a very close match. Which came down to the end. We battled throughout the whole game, it wasn't easy. There were many turnovers and a lot of nervousness. A finals game is always special. We had 22 turnovers because Miami had a really great defense. They're very fast, and they're strong from the bench. We should have done better choices.

With the A/C broken, the arena was overheated. Many players suffered from the heat, but personally I didn't mind. I'm used in Europe to play in in warm arenas like this, it didn't bother me.
Physically, I wasn't sure what to expect. I wasn't sure how my ankle would react. I was a bit cautious in the first quarter, I wanted to see how things were going. Then I started feeling better and better as the game went on, and when my ankle was warmed up I was aggressive. I'm satisfied with my first game because I wasn't sure how I was going to feel physically.

We know that Miami is very strong mentally. It's on us to stay focused. We must win this game, it's important because the Heat rarely lose two games in a row. We can play a lot better."

Original: http://www.tp9.net/spurs/rester-serieux/

ducks
06-06-2014, 01:39 PM
thanks

EVAY
06-06-2014, 02:13 PM
06.06.2014:

"The score is flattering. It's been a very close match. Which came down to the end. We battled throughout the whole game, it wasn't easy. There were many turnovers and a lot of nervousness. A finals game is always special. We had 22 turnovers because Miami had a really great defense. They're very fast, and they're strong from the bench. We should have done better choices.

With the A/C broken, the arena was overheated. Many players suffered from the heat, but personally I didn't mind. I'm used in Europe to play in in warm arenas like this, it didn't bother me.
Physically, I wasn't sure what to expect. I wasn't sure how my ankle would react. I was a bit cautious in the first quarter, I wanted to see how things were going. Then I started feeling better and better as the game went on, and when my ankle was warmed up I was aggressive. I'm satisfied with my first game because I wasn't sure how I was going to feel physically.

We know that Miami is very strong mentally. It's on us to stay focused. We must win this game, it's important because the Heat rarely lose two games in a row. We can play a lot better."

Original: http://www.tp9.net/spurs/rester-serieux/

Thanks for the translation. Hope they all play a bit better in the next game.

Spur|n|Austin
06-09-2014, 03:59 PM
"It was very close, it's very frustrating, but that's Basketball. We were there, leading by 1. We have a stop and then we don't make the basket to end the game. On Chalmers flagrant, it stopped my breathing. I was pretty pissed because I missed both my FT after that. But it felt better after. I don't think we lost because of our missed FT. We're playing against a great team.

LeBron was on fire during the 3rd, and it helped them a lot. That's why they've been NBA champs 2 times. He's the best player in the world, and tonight he proved it. He made a lot of big shots for them.

I trust in Manu, I've been playing with him a long time. And when he has the ball, he usually does good things. It happens... You have to look at the entire game and not just one move. Now we lost home court and will have to win in Miami. We have 2 opportunities to achieve it. It will be tough but we did it last year, we won game 1 there.

We'll try to leave with this mindset. You have to win road games to win a title. Everybody knows it. We're disappointed and frustrated because we want to play better. We haven't been playing our best basket-ball so far. But those are big games. It's the Finals. You have the 2 best teams in the worlds. We have to defend better and we have to stay positive. We have to win in Miami."

http://www.tp9.net/spurs/tout-a-refaire/

EVAY
06-09-2014, 04:35 PM
Thanks for the up-to-date info.

good to see him standing up for Manu…Nice to see that the players stand up for each other. Wish the fans did more of that.

BillMc
06-09-2014, 04:47 PM
"It was very close, it's very frustrating, but that's Basketball. We were there, leading by 1. We have a stop and then we don't make the basket to end the game. On Chalmers flagrant, it stopped my breathing. I was pretty pissed because I missed both my FT after that. But it felt better after. I don't think we lost because of our missed FT. We're playing against a great team.

LeBron was on fire during the 3rd, and it helped them a lot. That's why they've been NBA champs 2 times. He's the best player in the world, and tonight he proved it. He made a lot of big shots for them.

I trust in Manu, I've been playing with him a long time. And when he has the ball, he usually does good things. It happens... You have to look at the entire game and not just one move. Now we lost home court and will have to win in Miami. We have 2 opportunities to achieve it. It will be tough but we did it last year, we won game 1 there.

We'll try to leave with this mindset. You have to win road games to win a title. Everybody knows it. We're disappointed and frustrated because we want to play better. We haven't been playing our best basket-ball so far. But those are big games. It's the Finals. You have the 2 best teams in the worlds. We have to defend better and we have to stay positive. We have to win in Miami."

http://www.tp9.net/spurs/tout-a-refaire/

Thanks for that.

Have to say, in this post and in his press conference yesterday Tony seemed a bit down. More than usual. Hope the rib isn't bothering him. Maybe he just thinks the Heat are really good.

weeks
06-09-2014, 04:48 PM

good to see him standing up for Manu…Nice to see that the players stand up for each other. Wish the fans did more of that.
fans have no relationship to each other, we're a bunch of hungry dogs fighting over scraps

they're together sharing struggles, pain, and triumph

EVAY
06-09-2014, 04:51 PM
fans have no relationship to each other, we're a bunch of hungry dogs fighting over scraps

they're together sharing struggles, pain, and triumph

Sorry I was inarticulate. What I meant was that the fans on this forum trash the players on our team rather than standing up for them. Didn't mean to imply that fans would be likely to stand up for each other.

weeks
06-09-2014, 04:56 PM
Sorry I was inarticulate. What I meant was that the fans on this forum trash the players on our team rather than standing up for them. Didn't mean to imply that fans would be likely to stand up for each other.
oh, yeah i'm an idiot, of course that's what you meant.
i got started early tonight :downspin:

it bugs me how many people on this forum try to tear down one of the greatest teams in the history of the NBA, but haters gonna hate

it's me
06-09-2014, 05:36 PM

Lol... I hardly see him "standing by" turnobili, I actually see him using Manu as the scapegoat somehow..... it's more like " my missed FTs=we didn't lose because of that ..... Manu with the ball on his hands=that's why we lost"

Brazil
06-09-2014, 05:40 PM
Lol... I hardly see him "standing by" turnobili, I actually see him using Manu as the scapegoat somehow..... it's more like " my missed FTs=we didn't lose because of that ..... Manu with the ball on his hands=that's why we lost"

:lol you seriously need to consult tbh

ducks
06-09-2014, 05:41 PM
pop probly said manu to create late if james is on tp

it's me
06-09-2014, 05:42 PM
:lol you seriously need to consult tbh

I could be wrong..... that's how I perceive it.

Brazil
06-09-2014, 06:13 PM

in French or in English he is saying Miami did not win because we missed FTs or on a play at the end but because Miami is a great team. Somebody obviously asked him about a Manu miss late in the game and he is saying I trust Manu and one play is not equal at Manu contribution during the whole game.

Spurs 4 The Win
06-09-2014, 06:13 PM

Thats how i read it, its odd the way he addressed it too, its almost like he "stuck up" for him because he perceived everyone blaming the loss on Manu, its an interesting quote, as it did not need to be said

Spurs 4 The Win
06-09-2014, 06:14 PM
in French or in English he is saying Miami did not win because we missed FTs or on a play at the end but because Miami is a great team. Somebody obviously asked him about a Manu miss late in the game and he is saying I trust Manu and one play is not equal at Manu contribution during the whole game.

Is this an interview or a blog post? I was under the impression Tony wrote this on his own as reaction

Brazil
06-09-2014, 06:19 PM
Is this an interview or a blog post? I was under the impression Tony wrote this on his own as reaction

it's a blog post but he was obviously reacting at a question he got

EVAY
06-09-2014, 08:26 PM

Wow. I really didn't read it that way at all. He was clearly responding to something someone had said about Manu. I read french and that is the way it seemed to me, honestly.

EVAY
06-09-2014, 08:27 PM

Sorry I had already responded when I saw this. Didn't intend to be redundant.

it's me
06-09-2014, 09:41 PM

If he's answering questions, then it's a different story..... but I was also under the impression it was a blog, not an interview.

Spur|n|Austin
06-13-2014, 12:10 PM
06.13.2014 -

"We played great basket ball and moved the ball very well. But we won this game in defense. Now, we have 1 last win to get. We have to stay focused. We don't feel anything special after this win, we try to stay in our bubble. None forgot what happened last year. We know it's not over. On my side, I had more opportunities compared to the previous games, I made some shots and I'm happy with my performance. And once again we had a big Kawhi Leonard. He stayed on the same level he had during game 3".

http://www.tp9.net/spurs/aucune-excitation/

ducks
06-13-2014, 12:31 PM
big Kawhi Leonard:lobt:

spursparker9
06-13-2014, 01:05 PM
big Kawhi Leonard:lobt:

FMVP, tbh