PDA

View Full Version : I talked to this guy who went to Wake...

Summers
08-13-2005, 07:30 PM
I'm buying some memoribilia stuff from him and was talking to him on the phone today as he was driving through New Jersey, which he said is the worst place on earth :lol Anyway, I'm guessing he had nothing better to do, because he became real chatty and asked if I went to Wake and I explained that I did not and was a Spurs fan, so he was like, "Oh, you're a Duncan fan!" So then he told me how he graduated in 99 from Wake and took a few classes with Tim. He spoke of him the way I would speak of him :lol He was like "Let me tell you something: He is a good guy!..."

So then he told me this story about how he and Tim had an 8 am summer-school class together at the end of Tim's junior year. (Summer school! That answers that question! The one about how did he never miss practice or a game and still get a degree in 4 years). The NBA draft was the night before this class and this guy asked if Tim was going to stay up that night and watch the draft. And Tim said no. This guy was like, "He would've been the #1 draft pick if he hadn't returned for his senior year but he wasn't going to watch the draft!" So this guy asked Tim to take notes for him because he was going to stay up and watch the draft. So Tim did. :lol

Anyway, I thought it was funny and I'd share.

A Serbian Beast
08-13-2005, 08:12 PM
i feel bad since no one replied, heres your reply.

TimFan
08-13-2005, 08:13 PM
Well, pretty good. Thank for sharing with us. :elephant
I 'd like to know more about his college life.

missmyzte
08-13-2005, 08:22 PM
Cute story, thanks for sharing.

bigbendbruisebrother
08-13-2005, 08:26 PM
Cute story, thanks for sharing.

Misti, why have you betrayed your husband by making that useless poof Bryan Grant your avatar! Does Rob know?

Summers
08-13-2005, 08:32 PM
i feel bad since no one replied, heres your reply.

Um... thanks? :lol

Misti, why have you betrayed your husband by making that useless poof Bryan Grant your avatar! Does Rob know?

Dude, that doesn't even look like Bryan Grant!

angel_luv
08-13-2005, 08:36 PM
OK. I'm slow... why would Timmy have wanted to see this particular draft? To see who was the number one pick instead of him???

Summers
08-13-2005, 08:46 PM
OK. I'm slow... why would Timmy have wanted to see this particular draft? To see who was the number one pick instead of him???

Nah, but you'd think it'd be something he'd at least keep on for background noise, since he would definitely be joining the NBA the next year. *shrug* On the other hand, I read somewhere that when he was in college he used to say NBA basketball was "boring"... Maybe he really didn't care...

angel_luv
08-13-2005, 08:52 PM
I can see Timmy not caring whose tail he was about to kick. LOL.

Just another day's work for our MVP! = )

Summers
08-13-2005, 08:53 PM
:lol Good point.

David Bowie
08-13-2005, 10:51 PM
Thanks. I like anecdotes. Interesting to know TIm went to Summer school.

ace3g
08-13-2005, 11:57 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v601/DARKO31POWER3131/sdfa2.jpg

it is so funny how close Manu and Del Negro look alike. and what is up with the middle picture; was that during a game at Halloween.

http://eurosport.tf1.fr/imgbk/baskbl/all/big_md-i173954.jpg
http://www.sport1.at/coremedia/pics/29/48/40/6x220x175x1,property=original.jpg

spursfaninla
08-14-2005, 12:33 AM
They are 2 white guys with black hair, end of similarity.

Oh, and the anecdote was sweet, i would love to hear more personal stories about tim.

Kori Ellis
08-14-2005, 12:45 AM

Umm.. that's Ronny Turiaf.

Horry For 3!
08-14-2005, 12:51 AM
:lmao @ Bryan Grant, when thats not Bryan Grant and thats not even how you spell his name, its Brian Grant and thats Ronny Turiaf :lmao :lmao

missmyzte
08-14-2005, 01:44 AM
As mentioned above, my avatar is in support of Ronny Turiaf, the Lakers 2nd round draft pick who underwent recent open-heart surgery.

bigbendbruisebrother
08-15-2005, 03:45 PM
As mentioned above, my avatar is in support of Ronny Turiaf, the Lakers 2nd round draft pick who underwent recent open-heart surgery.

Yikes. My bad. I guess Rob won't be crushed then.