PDA

View Full Version : Heat: The King without a chip on his shoulder

mandel17
06-05-2014, 10:37 AM
Maybe I'm wrong, but I believe the casual NBA fan will be rooting for the Spurs in this series. I can't be the only one who is sick and tired of Lebron James, a great player who seems to have the uncanny ability to turn his game up to whatever level is necessary to win. But let's be honest - the Heat are a manufactured, star-studded team that did not have to endure much in the way of growing pains on its way to the top. They deserve credit for their two titles, but their sucess does not have an organic feel to it - rather, the Heat seem like the latest boy-band that has rocketed to stardum seemingly overnight (One Direction?). Lebron is also a genius at generating a chip on his shoulder, even when there is no evidence to support that his team has been disrespected. The latest chip is that the Heat were lucky in last year's Finals, which they were. The two 3-pointers that Lebron and Ray Allen hit in the final 25 seconds of Game 6 took guts and skill. But a free throw missed by Manu that kept the lead at 3, a rebound that went directly to Chris Bosh who then flicked it over to an open Allen in the corner, a last-second missed baseline shot by Parker - all of those plays went in favor of the Heat. Winning the title last year took a lot of hard work & determination, but it was made possible by getting unbelievable breaks in the last minute of Game 6. Lebron is always looking for something to motivate him because he is a guy who has had it all in life. Instead of possessing an internal burning desire to win like Jordan or Bird or Magic, Lebron seeks out any morsel of disrespect that he can find in order to fuel his greatness. But I think he won't be able to get any psychological edge against the Spurs this year (unless there is another Game 6 with the Spurs up by 5). I think it's time for The King to give up his throne.....if only for one year.

D-Wade
06-05-2014, 10:53 AM
Instead of possessing an internal burning desire to win like Jordan or Bird or Magic, Lebron seeks out any morsel of disrespect that he can find in order to fuel his greatness.

:lolAll great players have both. The internal drive plus the uncanny ability to take anything and turn it into motivation.

And shit, pretty much every NBA on NBC pregame intro in the 90s had a line in there about some scrub having the nerve to say something neutral about the Bulls and MJ, and MJ going off on them that night.

MJ is the most butthurt dude of all time. Couldn't even give a normal acceptance speech.

Clipper Nation
06-05-2014, 11:46 AM
Go back upstairs, faggot :lol

~O~
06-05-2014, 12:03 PM
Hmm. I agree. He does generate adversity to his benefit. However, that's the heart of sport. With the hardship of losing comes a will to win again.

The type of adversity you're speaking of is verbal. Being a leech is what LeBron thrives at. Last year, the Heat didn't have anything verbally to leech from the Spurs. The Spurs don't talk, taunt, dance, etc. They just compete.

LeBron is still the mental case. The First championship was will. The second was luck. This time around, the Heat will need all the luck they can get. The Heat were the ending terminal target two seasons. I'm absolutely sure the Spurs are loading those condoms to tear whats left of that demonic cherry

jeebus
06-05-2014, 03:14 PM
Why does Kobe have a chip on his shoulder?

hater
06-05-2014, 03:17 PM
Da King has threepeated. Nothinv can change that.

the question is can he fourpeat?