PDA

View Full Version : I don't know about you guys, but I've been waiting for this for a year..

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
06-05-2014, 12:51 PM
That bitter taste of game 6 and 7... seeing Duncan walk off the court in disappointment. Watching my favorite player growing up play on his final legs for what I thought. I followed every offseason move with these guys because of the bitterness of the finals. AK-47, picking up Ayres, losing Bud and Brett.

Seeing so many people jump off the wagon over a bad preseason/Timmy's slow start/signing Manu and Tiago was disheartening because I figured maybe I was just a homer that was blind to see why we could make it to the finals despite our team never going to finals b2b in the Duncan era.

But here we are, back, and as favorites. Who would have thought it? The possibilities of redemption are plenty. Duncan can become the first player in history to win an MVP in three different decades. Manu could finally get his finals MVP, the only thing that is missing off his HOF resume. Parker can finally be solidified as the best PG in the game. Kawhi could finally take the leap to star status.

It all rests in this series.

It's been such a long year... I can't imagine how long it's bothered them. They like to play behind the "we're behind it" talk.. I don't buy it. I'm not over it and I didn't miss the lay-up in game seven or the free throw in game six..

Mikeanaro
06-05-2014, 12:57 PM
Same here, its been a long long year now its time to fuck them.

davidbowie
06-05-2014, 12:58 PM
it's all gonna be worth it when diaw is holding up that mvp finals trophy

xmas1997
06-05-2014, 12:59 PM
Much of what you say is true, but lets not get carried away. Last year was a long long time ago IMHO.
I've been hoping they would make it back, but no differently than I hoped we would get there every year the Spurs have been in the league.

Splits
06-05-2014, 01:00 PM
That bitter taste of game 6 and 7... seeing Duncan walk off the court in disappointment. Watching my favorite player growing up play on his final legs for what I thought. I followed every offseason move with these guys because of the bitterness of the finals. AK-47, picking up Ayres, losing Bud and Brett.

Seeing so many people jump off the wagon over a bad preseason/Timmy's slow start/signing Manu and Tiago was disheartening because I figured maybe I was just a homer that was blind to see why we could make it to the finals despite our team never going to finals b2b in the Duncan era.

But here we are, back, and as favorites. Who would have thought it? The possibilities of redemption are plenty. Duncan can become the first player in history to win an MVP in three different decades. Manu could finally get his finals MVP, the only thing that is missing off his HOF resume. Parker can finally be solidified as the best PG in the game. Kawhi could finally take the leap to star status.

It all rests in this series.

It's been such a long year... I can't imagine how long it's bothered them. They like to play behind the "we're behind it" talk.. I don't buy it. I'm not over it and I didn't miss the lay-up in game seven or the free throw in game six..

Where are timvp and Kori, tbh?

.G.
06-05-2014, 01:01 PM
The niggz are about to wake the fuck up. Been coasting up to this point.

Dex
06-05-2014, 01:02 PM
FTH.

SsKSpurs21
06-05-2014, 01:08 PM
would be cool if for the first time in NBA history the Finals MVP goes to an entire team! it would personify the meaning of 'Spurs Basketball'.

but i would want duncan to get it so he can further cement his legacy as top 5!

SnakeBoy
06-05-2014, 01:12 PM
Where are timvp and Kori, tbh?

They need to stay away for four more wins tbh.

smaka
06-05-2014, 01:20 PM
Would be one of the great stories in the NBA, after what happened in last year's finals.

GSG! Drive for five!

hooperflash
06-05-2014, 01:27 PM
I waited since 2007, the team got an opportunity last year and we nearly had it. The Spurs are going to put up a huge fight, team vs player x ... Leggo!

Floyd Pacquiao
06-05-2014, 01:32 PM
Doesn't even feel like a year, feels like 6 just happened a few months ago...

gameFACE
06-05-2014, 02:10 PM
For whatever reason last years loss didn't bother me as much as it traumatized some. I was pissed, sure. But I also thought of all the Lakers, Celtics and Knicks teams who both won and lost in the finals. I simply put the Spurs up there with them. I had no idea they would end up here again. If they lose this one will hurt. But I like that Duncan has revealed a little of that fire burning inside. I think the team will feed off that.

No initials - FUCK. THE. HEAT.

soxxx
06-05-2014, 02:15 PM
It sucks, it bothered me the most because it would have just been so perfect, 5-0 in finals, 1999, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2013.....Spurs will have to finally win in an even year.

Mr Fundamental
06-05-2014, 02:19 PM
It's amazing how the season passed and we are back in finals again.

Unbelievable that the our team has bounced back and even better than last years finals and we have a better shot now.

This team deserve 1 more championship and i hope we get it.

This legendary season should end with a ring.

Poolboy5623
06-05-2014, 02:24 PM
It's been on my mind daily....As it came closer though I started thinking negatively, on how much it would stink to get back there and lose to the heat, again :( oh well.. hope for the best! GSG!!

Old School 44
06-05-2014, 02:35 PM

Yes, don't believe the "last year downplay" by the Spurs players. If we feel it as fans, I can only imagine how they feel having lived it. The incessant questions by the media about 6 all year long and then magnified 1000 times over before this Finals rematch. I'm sure they expected it, but it's just got to get to ware on you after a while.

Let's do this already!

Budkin
06-05-2014, 03:47 PM
This is happening bitches.

ElNono
06-05-2014, 03:53 PM
It's great the Spurs made it back. Last year doesn't enter the picture at all for me. It was actually a great year, despite the loss.

Getting to this stage is so special. You gotta cherish the moment, because you really never know when your team is going to be back.

TXstbobcat
06-05-2014, 04:21 PM
This year and this spurs team is special. Just a few hours away from the start of game 1 and I am so fucking excited right now!!!!