PDA

View Full Version : Heat: So, what happens to Lebron's legacy if the Heat loses?

RsxPiimp
06-05-2014, 06:51 PM
What if Lebron puts up another mediocre NBA Finals and loses to the Spurs this time? How would this affect his Top 5 status? Has there been anyone in the Top 10 that has more Finals loss than wins?

Will the stigma of being a Finals choker come back and haunt him for the rest of his career until he wins another one?

Thebesteva
06-05-2014, 06:57 PM
It would be devastating tbh

Malik Hairston
06-05-2014, 06:58 PM
Depends how he plays, obviously..

Blindly looking at winning/losing is pretty stupid, although that's what the media/casual fans will look at..

Miami is the underdog in this series, according to Vegas and most knowledgeable people..they are expected to lose the series..

Clipper Nation
06-05-2014, 06:59 PM
LeBron's won two rings in dominant fashion as the alpha (as opposed to, say, Fivehead getting dragged to one by his teammates).... anyone still calling him a "Finals choker" is retarded :lol

King Emmanuel
06-05-2014, 07:03 PM
he'll just repeat in 2015 and 2016 then

benefactor
06-05-2014, 07:04 PM
He is talked about in GOAT conversations if he wins. Jordan is still firmly cemented if he loses.

Malik Hairston
06-05-2014, 07:05 PM
On the other side, if he plays well and wins(which is the only scenario, since they can't win without him creating virtually all of the offense and carrying the defense), he's cemented as the greatest player in NBA history, tbh..

RsxPiimp
06-05-2014, 07:08 PM
Depends how he plays, obviously..

Blindly looking at winning/losing is pretty stupid, although that's what the media/casual fans will look at..

Miami is the underdog in this series, according to Vegas and most knowledgeable people..they are expected to lose the series..

You're absolutely right.

That said, once Lebron wins this in a dominating fashion we've all accustomed seeing from him, I don't know how anyone else could argue he's Top 2. 4 Straight NBA Finals, while winning 3 in a row regardless of what era is a remarkable feat. Someone correct me if I'm wroing, but this Heat Dynasty would be the first to do that in league history.

RsxPiimp
06-05-2014, 07:09 PM
I do think the Spurs wins in 6 though. I'm quite efficient and deadly accurate with my predictions.

midnightpulp
06-05-2014, 07:10 PM
When you win 2 rings and 2 Finals MVP as "the man," your legacy is safe. Lebron can spend the rest of his career choking, and he'll still be in the Bird, Duncan, Shaq tier. If he wins and plays well, he's in the MJ, Kareem, Magic tier now. Same with Duncan.