PDA

View Full Version : Who thinks Jordan would've come out of the game?

Horse
06-05-2014, 10:44 PM
Lepussy

Spurs9
06-05-2014, 10:45 PM
Exactly, good win horse might go on a donut run tbh

philldafunk
06-05-2014, 10:46 PM
If it was a cramp in the calf, that shit is no joke. I'm trying to figure why he wasn't hydrating

Stabula
:lol fat ass locals going on victory donut runs

Horse
No Lebron 23 turnovers so it's even we win. Donut time!

Malik Hairston
06-05-2014, 10:47 PM
Jordan's team never relied on him as much as Lebron's team does..as we saw with Durant last series, fatigue is a major factor at this point of the year..

Chomag
06-05-2014, 10:51 PM
I don't understand why they weren't giving Lebron Liquids that whole time. Especially salt water.

Capt Bringdown
06-05-2014, 10:54 PM
What does the Lebron App say?

dg7md
06-05-2014, 10:56 PM
Have you guys ever ran around on a court with a cramp? No? Okay then.

Fireball
06-05-2014, 10:57 PM
What does the Lebron App say? there is a malfunction ...

BillMc
06-05-2014, 10:57 PM
He couldn't move. It's not a matter of will power or pain tolerance. I used to cramp up sometimes while swimming competitively and could barely make it to the poolside to avoid drowning (if it was a deep pool). Jordan would have gone down too.

RD2191
06-05-2014, 10:58 PM
http://cdn.niketalk.com/d/de/de0d45ab_8cmuZnq.gif

spursparker9
06-05-2014, 11:04 PM
Nobody can play through cramp. People drown due to cramp.

Ron Swanson
06-05-2014, 11:05 PM

"You don't need Gatorade, you need Lebron Sprite!"

Seventyniner
06-05-2014, 11:06 PM
Jordan's team never relied on him as much as Lebron's team does..as we saw with Durant last series, fatigue is a major factor at this point of the year..

That and players of this era play a lot harder on defense and so the offensive players have to play harder to stay ahead. The idea of a 45 MPG superstar tilting the scale is a bit of a myth.

pgardn
06-05-2014, 11:06 PM
Jordan had numerous guys, even BJ Armstrong, lead the league in 3 point shooting.

Thats not a coincidence. He got guys wide open shots. He told guys be right here, I will do this and you will be wide open. And a God have mercy on them if they did not hit the shot.

If one actually cramps in the legs and you don't get rehydrated properly, it's a no go. You can't fight through your calf or hammy, or both constantly cramping in this game. You cannot will your leg to stop cramping, it's silly to think otherwise.

cd98
06-05-2014, 11:07 PM
Dude even Jordan couldn't play with cramps. Now if James has food poisoning and sits then yes.

DMX7
06-05-2014, 11:07 PM
Cramps are not about will power to play.

emanueldavidginobili
06-05-2014, 11:12 PM
I've been playing basketball for my entire life and a cramp is no joke

polandprzem
soccer players use to have cramps and still has to finish games

benfti
Cramps are not about will power to play.

No, there about when you are at the end of your menstral cycle

hitmanyr2k
06-05-2014, 11:15 PM
The only time I ever saw the Bulls play with cramps was the triple OT game against the Suns in the '93 Finals. By the third OT they were feeling it.

BanditHiro
06-05-2014, 11:16 PM
you can't play basketball with a muscle cramp to your legs.

pgardn
06-05-2014, 11:17 PM
soccer players use to have cramps and still has to finish games

Yes they can because they have other many teammates.

You have seen teams win a man down? Sure you have.

That does NOT happen in basketball, it's a completely diff type of game. Duncan could not possibly go 45 minutes in soccer, except as a goalie
silly comparison...

SupremeGuy
06-05-2014, 11:18 PM
Jordan would have punched the a/c unit and the refs would have called a tech on the unit, tbh.

polandprzem
06-05-2014, 11:18 PM
silly

polandprzem
06-05-2014, 11:19 PM
Jordan would have punched the a/c unit and the refs would have called a tech on the unit, tbh.
nice one

call a tech
;D

crc21209
06-05-2014, 11:19 PM
Cramps are no joke when you're doing any physical activity. It would've been tough for ANYONE to play through any kind of cramps, even Jordan himself...

pgardn
06-05-2014, 11:20 PM
silly

Ok

Stupid.

Stupid comparison.

Prose
06-05-2014, 11:23 PM
Crap to the calf is hard to overcome at that moment....

Prose
Plus maybe its a sign they rode him to hard this season

Sean Cagney
He couldn't move. It's not a matter of will power or pain tolerance. I used to cramp up sometimes while swimming competitively and could barely make it to the poolside to avoid drowning (if it was a deep pool). Jordan would have gone down too.

I have had those in a pool before in both calfs or waking up at night, man those kind of cramps hurt like hell.. You can't move you are right.

BanditHiro
06-05-2014, 11:24 PM
Plus maybe its a sign they rode him to hard this season

agree this game was won because of the regular season. no player over 30 minutes paying dividends.

Manu20
06-05-2014, 11:25 PM
Who ever is criticizing Lebron for not playing thru the cramps than you have never had a cramp in your life lol Cramps are no joke tbh..

jimbo
06-05-2014, 11:29 PM
Yes they can because they have other many teammates.

You have seen teams win a man down? Sure you have.

That does NOT happen in basketball, it's a completely diff type of game. Duncan could not possibly go 45 minutes in soccer, except as a goalie
silly comparison...

Good point tbh.

and imo people shitting on cramps just haven't had terrible ones. There's such a big difference between a light one and a bad one. I've had a few calf ones that have had pain persist for a few weeks after. You can limp after they're done, but if you're getting them persistently--you ain't doing shit.

Same thing with migraines.

Prose
06-05-2014, 11:29 PM
Actully I ment to say crap to the thigh*

pgardn
06-05-2014, 11:30 PM
I have had those in a pool before in both calfs or waking up at night, man those kind of cramps hurt like hell.. You can't move you are right.

Anyone who has played sports and have experienced them in the calf or hammy know. The damn things can ball up and that's it, until someone massages them out. Then the come back again and completely exhaust your ability to make them contract properly. It's frustrating and painful. You can feel them the next day if they tetanus on you violently enough.

Sean Cagney
06-05-2014, 11:32 PM
Anyone who has played sports and have experienced them in the calf or hammy know. The damn things can ball up and that's it, until someone massages them out. Then the come back again and completely exhaust your ability to make them contract properly. It's frustrating and painful. You can feel them the next day if they tetanus on you violently enough.

Yes, they do hurt the next day.

pgardn
06-05-2014, 11:33 PM
Good point tbh.

and imo people shitting on cramps just haven't had terrible ones. There's such a big difference between a light one and a bad one. I've had a few calf ones that have had pain persist for a few weeks after. You can limp after they're done, but if you're getting them persistently--you ain't doing shit.

Same thing with migraines.

Lets you know who the couch potatoes are tbh...

TampaDude
06-05-2014, 11:34 PM

Yeah, really...a bad cramp can leave you sore even the next day. It's not about willpower...you are physically unable to use your legs properly with bad cramps like that.

superbigtime
06-05-2014, 11:35 PM
LeBron was practically in rigor mortis. There was nothing mental about his inability to play.

Wildcat67
06-05-2014, 11:38 PM
People with the LeBron hate are just dumb. You can't play if you can't control your muscles period.

BanditHiro
06-05-2014, 11:40 PM
Who ever is criticizing Lebron for not playing thru the cramps than you have never had a cramp in your life lol Cramps are no joke tbh..

puts in perspective who the fatasses are in this forum

Mugen
Yeah, anybody who's ever played basketball knows that you can't play through a cramp.

baseline bum
Why is James so disposed to these? Three Finals in a row he has had to come out of a game because of cramping.

Skull-1
06-05-2014, 11:41 PM
I have had cramps bad enough I couldn't stand upright. You can't handle it no matter your willpower. If he had cramps he had cramps. Muscle spasm. Uncontrollable.

Skull-1
06-05-2014, 11:41 PM
Why is James so disposed to these? Three Finals in a row he has had to come out of a game because of cramping.

'Roids.

BanditHiro
06-05-2014, 11:44 PM

he is bigger than most players. but yeah terrible job by their medical staff...the guy looked dehydrated in the 3rd.

baseline bum
06-05-2014, 11:46 PM
LeBron should have had a huge glass of Brawndo at the half tbh

BillMc
06-05-2014, 11:47 PM

Yeah, I'd get them at night too. Wake up at 2 AM in sudden agony. All from training.

DMC
06-05-2014, 11:47 PM
"They don't like us" - Lebron

Horry Hipcheck
06-05-2014, 11:49 PM
Dehydration and the subsequent damage to the muscles is no joke. It's Lebron's own fault for not properly hydrating, but you don't simply rehydrate and replenish lost nutrients in a timeout or two. He's not a pussy for coming out, for not playing through it, but it still comes down on him that he was the only one not hydrated well enough to deal with the heat.

D-rob fan
06-06-2014, 12:17 AM
Anyone who has to ask this question has never had a sports cramp before. At that instant, it may be one of the most painful things one can experience. It's like someone reaching into your skin and then pulling your muscles apart as hard as they can.

You can stretch and massage but unless you really wait it out, you can feel tenderness and it can come back.

Shabazz
06-06-2014, 12:25 AM
Jordan would have just got on Longley's back and told Luc where to run.

slick'81
06-06-2014, 12:27 AM
Sucks for Lebron nothing he could could do when you can't walk

phxspurfan
06-06-2014, 12:33 AM
Somebody get this man a banana!

johnpaulwall21
06-06-2014, 12:34 AM
fans and media alike, make Jordan out to be some unbeatable, one man army who did everything on his own with no help. Never missed a shot or lost a playoff game. He is almost becoming a myth at this point. its laughable. Jordan would have scored 60 if he played team A. why only 6 championships then? he should have won every year.

phxspurfan
06-06-2014, 12:34 AM

Because he's a huge muscle. I was laughing when I saw fat ass Diaw run by him like nothing

TheyCallMePro
06-06-2014, 12:40 AM
I think it's pretty ironic were talking about Lebron's "toughness" when our own star player (Tony Parker) sat out the second half of game 6 vs OKC with a sore ankle that he had injured 2 games beforehand...only difference is Lebron's team lost, Parker's won.

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
06-06-2014, 12:42 AM
Comparing our own experiences in amateur/pick-up basketball games with some of the world's elite athletes is like eating in KFC, McDonald's and Taco Bell and calling ourselves food critics. Boxing out some fatass who had 2 pints before the game isn't anywhere near NBA level. We're simply talking out of our arses.

These people have been training, playing and hitting the gym for most of their lives. They eat very specific diets, are constantly checked by physicians and sports medicine professionals. Injuries can happen for a big number of reasons.

ducks
06-06-2014, 12:47 AM
STERIODS 3 straight finals
just imagine if the heat faced the teams spurs did to get to this point
it was 88 not like is was over 100 and it was for 48 minutes minus 15 minutes for halftime

SanDiegoSpursFan
06-06-2014, 12:54 AM
IDK if all cramps are the same, but when I cramped up in the middle of the night and I couldn't play for a couple of days. It took me like 2 hours to get ready every morning.

rwb
06-06-2014, 12:57 AM
Sorry, I just have to put blame on him and his trainers for allowing it to happen. Here is supposedly the greatest player in the NBA and he's the ONLY one who can't make it through the game? It's a nice excuse for their loss that LeBron wasn't playing in the 4th because the opposing team's facility didn't have AC in the second half. If they were all dropping like flies, then it's a good excuse.

Sean Cagney
06-06-2014, 01:14 AM
Comparing our own experiences in amateur/pick-up basketball games with some of the world's elite athletes is like eating in KFC, McDonald's and Taco Bell and calling ourselves food critics. Boxing out some fatass who had 2 pints before the game isn't anywhere near NBA level. We're simply talking out of our arses.

These people have been training, playing and hitting the gym for most of their lives. They eat very specific diets, are constantly checked by physicians and sports medicine professionals. Injuries can happen for a big number of reasons.

YES, but we have all had those calf cramps before or near what he had and that is PAIN! So I can't imagine how he felt there.

DieHardSpursFan1537
06-06-2014, 01:20 AM
The guy could barely walk.....

weeks
06-06-2014, 01:29 AM
i got cramps in the marine corps and there's no fucking way you're going to walk around casually, much less play basketball at the highest possible level. seriously now guys, it's fun to rag on lebron but that shit is brutal

50Bestspurever
06-06-2014, 03:06 AM
i guess he wasnt treating like a game 7 like he said before the game. lol dude was freaking himself out. did you hear him say, "i cant breath", "there trying to smoke us out" use to hear that shit in iraq wen dudes where wearing full battle rattle gear.

Malik Hairston
06-06-2014, 03:50 AM
"There is no athlete on the planet who could've played through those cramps," (Isiah) Thomas told Yahoo Sports. "Michael Jordan absolutely couldn't have played through those cramps. I absolutely couldn't have played through those cramps. As an athlete, there's nothing you could do."

heyheymymy
06-06-2014, 03:52 AM

Bwahahahaaha! A+

SouthernFried
06-06-2014, 05:12 AM
I had a cramp that started when I wan running to first base. It tore my thigh muscle as I went down. That was 8 yrs ago, and my left thigh never healed properly.

Cramps can be serious, and anyone who has had one knows it. I don't understand this thread.

cd021
06-06-2014, 07:01 AM

:lmao

Agloco
06-06-2014, 08:37 AM
Lol @ you idiots that think you can "play through" cramps.

I. Hustle
06-06-2014, 08:55 AM

LOL @ thinking about "playing through" cramps. It's called proper hydration. The AC went out early. Start preparing for that just in case. Everybody played in that arena. It's not like the Spurs had Enduracool uniforms on.

tmtcsc
06-06-2014, 08:58 AM
In all seriousness, he wouldn't have had a choice. It's fun to say he's LePussy, LeFraud, whatever you want to call him, and I'll play along...but the truth is, you can't play with severe muscle cramps. It's not just pain tolerance, its pure immobility.

All that said, What a Pussy!!! C'Mon Bron! Man up!

Knoxxx
06-06-2014, 09:08 AM
Nobody cares LeBron. You get by on superior physical ability that failed you this time. Heat got what they deserved and also exposed for being a one man team. There is no such thing.

100%duncan
06-06-2014, 09:10 AM
This is just stupid though... Yes we can joke around but yeah a cramp can be a bitch tbh. I hate cramps especially when I'm peacefully sleeping and my calves will feel like it was punched by some mma fighter.

wildbill2u
06-06-2014, 09:51 AM
Your leg muscles knot up and will not work properly. You are disabled and cannot even walk, much less play at a demanding game like basketball. Even trying to stay on the court would be a disservice to your teammates.

Obstructed_View
06-06-2014, 10:59 AM
Who thinks Jordan would've come out of the game? Every person who actually knows what a muscle cramp is. Some people think it's something you get when you sit on the toilet too long playing games on your phone. The muscle physically locks up and will not respond. When that happens to the largest muscle in your leg, it's kind of tough to do athletic stuff like stand.

Actual answer: Jordan didn't use HGH and wouldn't have the excess lactic acid in his muscles.

cd98
06-06-2014, 11:02 AM
I hope the Spurs sweep Lebron and the Heat, but you can't deny he's a great player that has come up big for the Heat the last two years. He is the single most dangerous player on that team, and he is not a quitter. No one could have played under those conditions. Would Jordan have come out of that game? Yes, but he wouldn't have walked off, he would have been carried off by Grant and Pippen.

Horse
06-06-2014, 12:27 PM
Everybodys a fucking doctor now? It may not be fair but stuff like this, like forming the superfriends in a historically bad conference are why lebron will never be the greatest. Maybe he can't overcome cramps but he's still mentally weak how come none of the "old" Spurs cramped up. Like I said it may not be fair but theres just something he's misssing. Maybe testicular fortitude.

Mugen
06-06-2014, 12:29 PM
Not everybody can cramp up at the Krispy Kreme line and still manage to order a dozen glazed tbh.

InRareForm
06-06-2014, 12:41 PM
Anyone who has to ask this question has never had a sports cramp before. At that instant, it may be one of the most painful things one can experience. It's like someone reaching into your skin and then pulling your muscles apart as har\\.

pissing out kidney stones probably more painful tbh....

hater
06-06-2014, 05:28 PM
Jordan played a finals under 102 fever

Agloco
06-07-2014, 10:22 AM
LOL @ thinking about "playing through" cramps. It's called proper hydration. The AC went out early. Start preparing for that just in case. Everybody played in that arena. It's not like the Spurs had Enduracool uniforms on.

Lol@ lopping every athlete into the same basket. Everyone responds differently to heat. Truth is, no one knows if LeBron was properly hydrated or not. To assume that he wasn't is silly given his history.

Agloco
06-07-2014, 10:23 AM
Jordan played a finals under 102 fever

Apples and oranges tbh

dbreiden83080
06-07-2014, 10:24 AM
I cramped up like that before because I sweat profusely.. When it's bad your body just locks up. There is a video of Nadal at a US open presser and he gets a bad leg camp.. Hurt so bad the guy fell to the floor..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABY0BR8d_z0&feature=kp

Agloco
06-07-2014, 10:29 AM
Please tell me that people are just letting their blind hatred of LeBron get the best of them here. You can't possibly be so dumb as to believe that someone can will themselves to move properly without functional musculature. JFC folks.

DarrinS
06-07-2014, 11:01 AM

This

boutons_deux
06-07-2014, 11:18 AM
Jordan with Lebron's cramp wouldn't have been able to walk, either.

moisaenz
06-07-2014, 11:36 AM
We know that he could not play with cramps. But who's responsibility is to be ready to play? When is someone going to make lebron accountable for taking care of his body? Is not that the main reason they pay him millions?

Agloco
06-07-2014, 01:26 PM
Everybodys a fucking doctor now? It may not be fair but stuff like this, like forming the superfriends in a historically bad conference are why lebron will never be the greatest. Maybe he can't overcome cramps but he's still mentally weak how come none of the "old" Spurs cramped up. Like I said it may not be fair but theres just something he's misssing. Maybe testicular fortitude.

Some may be....... but this is more a case of you just talking out of your ass really. Honestly though you don't need to be a doctor to understand these things, just use some common sense. In your case, even that appears to be sorely lacking. OP is a failure of the highest order tbh.

Sixth Street
06-07-2014, 04:40 PM
Jordan would have had to leave the game in a similar situation. No doubt about it. BUT...1) he would have left the court under his own power, and 2) he wouldn't have acted like a whiny bitch about the temp in the gym for the three quarters before the cramp occurred. LeBron was acting the puss for a long time before his cramps even began. In fact, I wonder if his poor mental attitude about the heat was a contributing factor to his body ultimately shutting down.

ErnestLynch
06-07-2014, 04:45 PM
No matter. If the Spurs were playing the 90's Bulls we'd have been down 20 at that time in the game. Let's be real here. The Heat, and Lebron, are NOT the Jordan Bulls.

UZER
06-07-2014, 04:59 PM
Somebody get this man a banana!

You would think he would have plenty of those.

I had a cramp that started when I wan running to first base. It tore my thigh muscle as I went down. That was 8 yrs ago, and my left thigh never healed properly.

Cramps can be serious, and anyone who has had one knows it. I don't understand this thread.

It's all that damn southern fried chicken.

Cry Havoc
06-07-2014, 05:00 PM
No matter. If the Spurs were playing the 90's Bulls we'd have been down 20 at that time in the game. Let's be real here. The Heat, and Lebron, are NOT the Jordan Bulls.

Oh please. The Cavs took Jordan to seven. The Malone Stockton Jazz gave the Bulls problems in the Finals.

This Spurs team would absolutely smash any team that Jordan ever had to beat on his road to the title. If they played the Bulls it would be a 7 game series and by far the best team he would ever have faced in the post season.

Jordan is phenomenal but not unbeatable. Best ever? Sure. Untouchable? No way. I think the 05 Spurs would have beaten at least 3-4 of the Bulls teams and would have been able to take the 72 win Bulls to 7.

Horse
06-07-2014, 08:20 PM
Some may be....... but this is more a case of you just talking out of your ass really. Honestly though you don't need to be a doctor to understand these things, just use some common sense. In your case, even that appears to be sorely lacking. OP is a failure of the highest order tbh.
"Of the highest order" Steven a smith faggot. Just last night I was getting it on and it's hot as hell my calf cramped up but I wasn't gonna stop my lady needed it. So suck Lebron all you want it goes a lot further than cramps he's never experienced real conflict in his life and has no heart.