PDA

View Full Version : how superstitous are you?

32fastest
06-05-2014, 11:17 PM
During the okc game six I switched seats and popped another beer and the Spurs close it out. Tonight with that Heat lead in the fourth I pulled the same move and boom. 31-9 run. What do y'all do?

BanditHiro
06-05-2014, 11:18 PM
i'm not superstitious because i know it is unlucky to be superstitious.

Slomo
06-05-2014, 11:19 PM
You fuckin better switch seats Sunday!

A littlestitious

RD2191
I blinked during all 4 quarters and we won.

BatManu20
06-05-2014, 11:22 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lz5vjl9eoK1qfggsro1_500.gif

phyzik
06-05-2014, 11:22 PM
ehh... I don't really believe in the shit but it's fun to participate with my friends and coworkers.

Today I wore:

Black socks
black shoes
black boxers
black jeans
black Spurs t-shirt
Duncan jersey
black cap

Do I think it made a difference?

no...

But it is fun to participate. so whatever.

Prime Time
06-05-2014, 11:25 PM
I got drunk in Games 1, 2, 5, and 6 of the WCF (Completely sober in games 3&4)

And I'm currently drunk as I write this. My liver is in for a hell of a series :lol

Horry Hipcheck
06-05-2014, 11:26 PM
Not at all. Life is a completely random series of events over which nothing and nobody has any control whatsoever and the spontaneously chosen actions of a group of individuals on a spinning rock hurtling blindly through space has no impact or outcome on something so insignificant as a single professional basketball game. Nothing any of us does has any real significance in the grand scheme of the universe and it is only when human arrogance backfires that people put faith in powers beyond their control, because at our core we are a species of meat bags held up by bones and piloted by football sized electrical plant with enough dominion over nature to feel strong but unable to cope with our own mortality when challenged.

Tbh.

703 Spurz
06-05-2014, 11:28 PM
As an adult I don't buy into that shit.

noles1983
06-06-2014, 12:08 AM
Not at all. Life is a completely random series of events over which nothing and nobody has any control whatsoever and the spontaneously chosen actions of a group of individuals on a spinning rock hurtling blindly through space has no impact or outcome on something so insignificant as a single professional basketball game. Nothing any of us does has any real significance in the grand scheme of the universe and it is only when human arrogance backfires that people put faith in powers beyond their control, because at our core we are a species of meat bags held up by bones and piloted by football sized electrical plant with enough dominion over nature to feel strong but unable to cope with our own mortality when challenged.

Tbh.

truth bombs Neil deGrasse Tyson style

Kyl3
06-06-2014, 01:33 AM
Very...
My mom and sister watched game 6 and 7 with me last year (which they have never done before). Needless to say, they don't watch with me anymore. I told them to go watch with a Heat fan if they are going to watch it together.

PÒÓCH
06-06-2014, 01:37 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37-yFGJngPs

eyeh8u
06-06-2014, 01:40 AM
I got drunk in Games 1, 2, 5, and 6 of the WCF (Completely sober in games 3&4)

And I'm currently drunk as I write this. My liver is in for a hell of a series :lol

cirrhosis is a small price to pay for number 5.

dg7md
06-06-2014, 02:35 AM

Tbh.

End the thread tbh... this one is done. :lol

koriwhat
06-06-2014, 02:40 AM
game 5 vs okc i wore my tupac shirt... game 6, fished it out of the dirty laundry and wore it again... game 1 vs mia, wore my other tupac shirt. it's safe to say tupac has all eyes on spurs!

weeks
06-06-2014, 02:43 AM

Tbh.

i'd also like to add that life is simply the non-random survival of naturally occurring chemical replicators and our constant attempt to find any greater meaning is a trick played by our primitive ape brains on itself

Kyl3
06-06-2014, 02:46 AM
game 5 vs okc i wore my tupac shirt... game 6, fished it out of the dirty laundry and wore it again... game 1 vs mia, wore my other tupac shirt. it's safe to say tupac has all eyes on spurs!

"Is it a crime, to fight, for what is mine?"

-Tupac,
-Spurs(after 6)

heyheymymy
06-06-2014, 03:20 AM
got some weird superstitions:

- pillow and couch configuration has to be a certain way for a spurs win.

- on game day, i'll be throwing a wadded up receipt away and i have make the shot or they won't win. so all day, shooting clothes in the hamper, paper towels in the trash, etc, i have to make them, bad omen if i don't. during the WCF i was walking things right up to the trash can to ensure a high percentage look lol! but i forgot and randomly shot a towel from the treadmill to the hamper without thinking about it, but i swished it and it was half way across the room, i was like what? GINOBILI!!!! great omen to make a long shot like that. that's how it works.

- i feed my cats tuna on game day and i think treating the cats to nice dinners gives me good sports karma b/c they love to chill and watch the games with me and my gf so i think they are spurs fans.

- i've asked my gf to watch the game in the other room a few times. she cost the spurs games 3 and 4 of the WCF this year, sorry guys. but when she wears her lucky spurs pj's we always win.

and, yes, i know i'm autistic. lol

Horry Hipcheck
06-06-2014, 04:03 PM
i'd also like to add that life is simply the non-random survival of naturally occurring chemical replicators and our constant attempt to find any greater meaning is a trick played by our primitive ape brains on itself

Rock solid addendum.

TampaDude
06-06-2014, 04:09 PM

Tbh.

Yup...and we have nukes, too... :lol