PDA

View Full Version : General View of the team

marcus
08-14-2005, 01:34 PM
Right now we have the full LLE (1,67) and a bit more than half of the MLE (around 2,7).

Current Team:
Center : Nazr Mohammed / Rasho Nesterovic / (Oberto)
Power Forward : Tim Duncan / (Oberto) / (Horry)
Small Forward : Bruce Bowen / (Horry)
Shooting Guard : Ginobili / (Barry)
Point Guard : Parker / Udrih / (Barry)

Robinson : Unrestricted
Brown : Restricted

I think we should re-sign Robinson and trade Brown.
For re-signing Robinson we should wait to see if we can get some better player fired by the amnesty rule.

About Brown, he is demanding more than 2 millons and we could get someone better for that money.

For Brown i would try to work a deal maybe with Utah for McLeod. Utah is interested in Devin Brown so it could work.

After trading Brown we would have the MLE and the LLE and Robinson to sign still.

As i said we would wait to see if someone wants to come and if not we sign Robinson, first trying with the LLE and if not with part of the LLE.

Then, if we still have the LLE and we don't want to lose it i would offer for Hermann, i am pretty sure that he would come for 1,1 for the first year. And the deal could have a team option for the second year and if it is taken a third year.

Then to fill the free spaces i would sign Britton Johnsen from the summer camp for one year minimum. And i might also consider using the rights for Karaulov. I know he didn't play much in the summer team but in the few minutes he played he had quiet impressive numbers especially blocking. Besides, if he doesn't come now he might not do it later.

With Robinson, McLeod, Hermann, Johnsen and Karaulov the team would look like this:

Current Team:
Center : Nazr Mohammed / Rasho Nesterovic / (Oberto) / Karaulov
Small Forward : Bruce Bowen / (Horry) / Hermann / (Robinson) / Johnsen
Shooting Guard : Ginobili / (Barry) / (Robinson)
Point Guard : Parker / Udrih / (Barry) / McLeod

Team:
C - Mohammed
PF - Duncan
SF - Bowen
SG - Manu
PG - Parker
Bench:
6th - Horry
7th - Oberto
8th - Udrih
9th - Robinson
10th - Nesterovic
11th - Barry
12th - Hermann
Reserve:
McLeod
Johnsen
Karaulov

Solid D
08-14-2005, 02:41 PM
From what I saw of Karaulov, he's not very good. He needs more time to develop his game. He's tall and he can move but that's about it right now. Very raw.

There could be many more possibilities in the coming days. I seriously doubt the Spurs re-sign Glenn Robinson. Something else is probably in the works and awaiting amnesty moves.

BTW, listing Barry as a 3rd PG won't be accurate and Horry as a backup at the SF position isn't likely either. The only time Pop ever played him there was when teams went "Big". Horry can no longer defend the perimeter that well. Barry did trade off with Manu at entering the offense in the Finals when Tony got a breather (and Beno DNP'd), but the Spurs won't have him on their depth chart there at PG. They will get another PG and use Barry to swing at 2/3.

beirmeistr
08-14-2005, 03:02 PM
Right now we have the full LLE (1,67) and a bit more than half of the MLE (around 2,7).

Current Team:
Center : Nazr Mohammed / Rasho Nesterovic / (Oberto)
Small Forward : Bruce Bowen / (Horry)
Shooting Guard : Ginobili / (Barry)
Point Guard : Parker / Udrih / (Barry)

Robinson : Unrestricted
Brown : Restricted

I think we should re-sign Robinson and trade Brown.
For re-signing Robinson we should wait to see if we can get some better player fired by the amnesty rule.

About Brown, he is demanding more than 2 millons and we could get someone better for that money.

For Brown i would try to work a deal maybe with Utah for McLeod. Utah is interested in Devin Brown so it could work.

After trading Brown we would have the MLE and the LLE and Robinson to sign still.

As i said we would wait to see if someone wants to come and if not we sign Robinson, first trying with the LLE and if not with part of the LLE.

Then, if we still have the LLE and we don't want to lose it i would offer for Hermann, i am pretty sure that he would come for 1,1 for the first year. And the deal could have a team option for the second year and if it is taken a third year.

Then to fill the free spaces i would sign Britton Johnsen from the summer camp for one year minimum. And i might also consider using the rights for Karaulov. I know he didn't play much in the summer team but in the few minutes he played he had quiet impressive numbers especially blocking. Besides, if he doesn't come now he might not do it later.

With Robinson, McLeod, Hermann, Johnsen and Karaulov the team would look like this:

Current Team:
Center : Nazr Mohammed / Rasho Nesterovic / (Oberto) / Karaulov
Small Forward : Bruce Bowen / (Horry) / Hermann / (Robinson) / Johnsen
Shooting Guard : Ginobili / (Barry) / (Robinson)
Point Guard : Parker / Udrih / (Barry) / McLeod

Team:
C - Mohammed
PF - Duncan
SF - Bowen
SG - Manu
PG - Parker
Bench:
6th - Horry
7th - Oberto
8th - Udrih
9th - Robinson
10th - Nesterovic
11th - Barry
12th - Hermann
Reserve:
McLeod
Johnsen
Karaulov
I like your plan. I too am hopeful we can get the Dog for a reasonable price. Is Hermann free as a bird or are there some strings attached ala Scola?

Dex
08-14-2005, 03:30 PM
I am also gonna jump on the Big Dog Bandwagon here. I think the guy could be a very valuable asset to this team, especially if he had a training camp and season to get REALLY adapted to the Spurs system that he picked up remarkably well in such a short time late last year.

As much as this team depends on its role players, one area in which the club seems to be coming up a bit short is a player who can just flat out score. Tim, Manu, and Tony all seem to have their offensive deficiencies at times, and we need to be prepared when they do. When the offense hits the skids, we need a guy who can be put in to put points on the board. As a 20+ ppg career player, Robinson can help to fill this void, and his defense doesn't seem to be the liability that many of us originally expected.

Play for less, Robinson! You know you want to be back on that river barge again next year!

George Gervin's Afro
08-14-2005, 03:46 PM
i would take big dog over michael finley. glenn seems to have a similar mentality to stephen jackson's. robinson brings a toughness to the spurs especially if he were to grow more comfortable as the season progresses and expresses himself more.

my two cents.

Vashner
08-15-2005, 12:20 AM
Don't fix it if it ain't broke .. ( if they don't change much we will win again.. NO FINLEY!!)

Dre_7
08-15-2005, 12:24 AM
Vashner, what is your extreme hatred of Finley for?

Did he do something to you?