PDA

View Full Version : Marco on their best player

razor247
06-05-2014, 11:51 PM
How does it always end up with Marco on the other teams best player. Seriously... When I see Marco on Bron, I know something bad will happen yet there he is.
Why does he stand there with Allen in the corner???????????

Johnny RIngo
06-05-2014, 11:55 PM
He's negative impact player. Always has been. He'll give you a couple threes but his awful defense and inability to do anything with the ball beside shoot means he's giving up lots of points when he's on the court. Horrible signing. Thankfully, the Spurs are deep enough that they don't need Belinelli. Just got to make sure his dumb ass is glued to the bench and SA will be fine.

testies
06-05-2014, 11:57 PM
please dont play him again

Prime Time
06-05-2014, 11:58 PM
The best excuse I can think of is that it gives the opposing player the green light to shoot, and when that happens - the role players get less shots. Spurs make a living off letting stars get their own while containing the other guys, so I could see why Pop wouldn't want to risk Marco on a good shooter.

Not saying I agree with it, just trying to think of what goes on in Pop's head.

gospursgojas
06-05-2014, 11:58 PM
If hes not gonna shoot it, why tf is he in there? Tired of his pump fake and drive into nothingness.

ElNono
06-05-2014, 11:59 PM
He came out aggressive in the 1st half, I liked it... he faded later on..

Boomersgold
06-06-2014, 12:01 AM
He's negative impact player. Always has been. He'll give you a couple threes but his awful defense and inability to do anything with the ball beside shoot means he's giving up lots of points when he's on the court. Horrible signing. Thankfully, the Spurs are deep enough that they don't need Belinelli. Just got to make sure his dumb ass is glued to the bench and SA will be fine.

In the regular season, Marco complimented the system perfectly. Gave the Spurs another ball handler with Manu-esque playmaking. Just look up his passing highlights on Youtube.

Pako
06-06-2014, 12:02 AM
Atleast he elbowed allens nose during the game.. That is good enough for me...

crc21209
06-06-2014, 12:03 AM
He always ends up with a mismatch because the other team sets a pick and the Spurs are forced to switch. It's not like the Spurs WANT Marco guarding guys like Durant or LeBron. It happens, teams force mismatches. The Spurs, and Marco just have to do the best they can to avoid that from happening or helping when necessary..

Johnny RIngo
06-06-2014, 12:05 AM
In the regular season, Marco complimented the system perfectly. Gave the Spurs another ball handler with Manu-esque playmaking. Just look up his passing highlights on Youtube.

Hedo looked good in the regular season too back in 2004. Then the playoffs rolled along...

Johnny RIngo
06-06-2014, 12:07 AM
The Spurs, and Marco just have to do the best they can to avoid that from happening or helping when necessary..

Best way to avoid it is to just not play Marco in the first place. He's been terrible all playoffs.

crc21209
06-06-2014, 12:15 AM
Best way to avoid it is to just not play Marco in the first place. He's been terrible all playoffs.

Of course that would be everyone's preference but Pop was forced to go to him when Kawhi picked up 2 quick fouls in the 1st qtr. The majority of his playing time was to avoid Kawhi picking up a 3rd foul at the end of the first half and a 4th foul in the 3rd qtr.

ShoogarBear
06-06-2014, 12:16 AM
If hes not gonna shoot it, why tf is he in there? Tired of his pump fake and drive into nothingness.

A little sumptin-sumptin he picked up from Matt Bonner.

weeks
06-06-2014, 12:17 AM
him and boris were killing me tonight with that shit

Malik Hairston
06-06-2014, 12:48 AM
Opposing coaches game-plan, too, not just Pop:lol..

It isn't an accident that opposing teams pick on Belinelli's defense, it's by design..he's one of the most clueless defenders I have ever seen in a Spurs uniform..

spursparker9
06-06-2014, 12:52 AM
Atleast he elbowed allens nose during the game.. That is good enough for me...

:lol True true.

EIC
06-06-2014, 01:08 AM
We always seem to have one guard/small forward on the roster who is just a waste of space. They typically suck on D, disrupt rhythm on offense, and cannot setup their own shot, but make just enough 3s that we can't help but hang on. And by "we" I mean Pop.

Raven
06-06-2014, 09:55 AM

No no no! God no. no no no no!

littlecoyotecoin
06-06-2014, 10:08 AM
The best excuse I can think of is that it gives the opposing player the green light to shoot, and when that happens - the role players get less shots. Spurs make a living off letting stars get their own while containing the other guys, so I could see why Pop wouldn't want to risk Marco on a good shooter.

Not saying I agree with it, just trying to think of what goes on in Pop's head.

Why sacrifice a rook when you can sacrifice a pawn. LeBron will score on just about anyone, and often draw a foul. Doesn't matter who he scores on, but it sure matters who picks up the foul.

MI21
06-06-2014, 10:19 AM
I think his 1 on 1 defense isn't THAT bad when matched up on guys who aren't All-Stars... but it doesn't matter what defense he plays because everyone just makes shots against him. Doesn't matter how contested :lol

His team defense, transition defense and ability to fight through screens and stay with guys running routes is some of the worst I've ever seen on the Spurs.

kaji157
06-06-2014, 11:14 AM
You cannot play him unless the other team has a no scoring backcourt at the same time on the floor.
The guy is literally unable to defend anyone.

superbigtime
06-06-2014, 11:27 AM
I thought Marco was pretty good. Yeah he can't fight through screens, but he's going to make in difference in this series I believe. He played well with Chicago against the heat last year, and he has no fear against this team. People bitch too much about his mediocre D. It's better than Gary f'ing Neal's.

DarrinS
06-06-2014, 11:39 AM
The entire team was playing poorly for 3 quarters, tbh

Raven
06-06-2014, 11:41 AM
I thought Marco was pretty good. Yeah he can't fight through screens, but he's going to make in difference in this series I believe. He played well with Chicago against the heat last year, and he has no fear against this team. People bitch too much about his mediocre D. It's better than Gary f'ing Neal's.

kill yourself, seriously. He was -11 in 18 freaking minutes while Diaw was +30 and they are both bench players, this is impossible to justify no matter how hard you try and what is worse, is that Allen and others missed a boatload of open threes all gently allowed by Marco.

weebo
06-06-2014, 11:47 AM
Marco was in there because Kawhi was in foul trouble. So, relax. Don't expect to see him playing much unless someone is in foul trouble.

superbigtime
06-06-2014, 11:48 AM
kill yourself, seriously. He was -11 in 18 freaking minutes while Diaw was +30 and they are both bench players, this is impossible to justify no matter how hard you try and what is worse, is that Allen and others missed a boatload of open threes all gently allowed by Marco.

Comparing Diaw to Marco is just stupid man.