PDA

View Full Version : Maxiell Pistons 1st Pick : Rate Him

jochhejaam
08-14-2005, 03:29 PM
Jason Maxiell was the Pistons 1st round pick in this years draft. He 6'7" and 260 lbs with a 40" vertical and was called by Chad Ford "the toughest player in the draft". He dominated in the Vegas Reebok Summer League. I'll provide a link that provides a 5 minute video of Maxiell. The Pistons org. has high hopes for him. Let me know what you think. Thanks

http://www.pistonsbball.com/?page_id=8

When you open the link click on the following video:

Pistons Vegas summer
league mix w/ Maxiell, Acker, Delfino, Darko (BDM22) 2005 32.2 MB

(right click on the video once it starts for a full screen).

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-14-2005, 04:34 PM
I've watched Maxiell from his senior yr. of HS on.

here's the thing... dude will have a great game that makes you think he's a stud, then he'll be average for the next 12, then another blow up game.

He's decent, but I don't think he has the work ethic to be a good player in the league.

jochhejaam
08-14-2005, 04:40 PM
I've watched Maxiell from his senior yr. of HS on.

here's the thing... dude will have a great game that makes you think he's a stud, then he'll be average for the next 12, then another blow up game.

He's decent, but I don't think he has the work ethic to be a good player in the league.

Thanks, I really hadn't heard much about him (nor did most Piston fans) until the draft.

And of course the video only shows his upside.
He'll be backing up Ben.

Horry For 3!
08-15-2005, 06:11 PM
He is alright.

ABDENOUR POWER
08-16-2005, 03:27 PM

I was under the impression that he has an excellent work ethic. :huh

Anyways, a major thing about him that you forgot to mention was that though he's only 6'7", his wingspan is 7'3" or 7'4", depending on who you ask.

Aggie Hoopsfan
08-16-2005, 04:04 PM
Well, his work ethic in practice, the gym is great.

I guess work ethic is a misnomer, maybe game motor/under the lights factor is what I should have said.

He's a freak athletically, but like I said - at Cinci he'd show up once every so many games. In HS he got by from being a freak athletically, which doesn't really get you anywhere.

Actually I think a good NBA comparison athletically would be Jason Richardson, however Maxiell doesn't have the consistent jumper of JRich and hasn't shown he can bring it night in and night out.

jochhejaam
08-17-2005, 10:42 PM
Here's a link that provides his complete college stats along with game stats for the last 2 years.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player/profile?playerId=8015

Conjecture doesn't mean a whole lot at this point but I think we got one of the steals in the draft.