PDA

View Full Version : Typical media making excuses for the Heat, not giving us credit

dg7md
06-06-2014, 05:22 AM
I've listened to Mike and Mike in the Morning on ESPN Radio for about 10 years now and while they usually are pretty fair and balanced (especially Golic), Mike Greenberg is doing it with some substitutes today and this morning they have not talked about us winning, they went out and said the reason that we won is because LeBron wasn't playing and had the brass to say that it's not a slight on us, and that they aren't making excuses, but they totally are. :lol

It's disgusting, they are already naming game 1 as the "The Heat Game" and "The Cramp Game", as if they are already writing the books on LeBron's miraculous comeback series. They even said that the temperature played a part, too. :lol

I know it's classic for us to get ignored by the media, but this bugged me in particular — they made a big deal that the Heat were winning before LeBron left but didn't quite realize that they weren't winning by a large amount, and we had multiple turnovers.

Totally shit that they won't talk about us winning how we did but they will make excuses for LeBron. Terrible.

heyheymymy
06-06-2014, 05:25 AM
typical media tbh

dg7md
06-06-2014, 05:26 AM
typical media tbh

Absolutely, all of the players and coaches aren't even using the temperature as an excuse but the media will go right on there and jump at it for any reasons why the Heat didn't win.

heyheymymy
06-06-2014, 05:34 AM
Absolutely, all of the players and coaches aren't even using the temperature as an excuse but the media will go right on there and jump at it for any reasons why the Heat didn't win.

ja adande seemed so salty in he post game and now the dime kinda reads salty too

T Park
06-06-2014, 05:35 AM
Actually the heat were losing when he went out. His basket cut it to 94-92, and then he was out.

Soooooo..... Yeah....

hsxvvd
06-06-2014, 05:35 AM
Haven't seen or read much, but I imagine it's 5 seconds on us winning and 50 minutes on LeBron's menstrual cramps.

polandprzem
06-06-2014, 05:36 AM
"Crap game"

dg7md
06-06-2014, 05:38 AM
:lmao Now Greenberg is suggesting it could be a conspiracy about the A/C. Unfuckingbelievable.

You've got to hear this shit: http://espn.go.com/espnradio/

Awful takes.

spurspokesman
06-06-2014, 05:44 AM
Actually the heat were losing when he went out. His basket cut it to 94-92, and then he was out.

Soooooo..... Yeah....

spurspokesman
06-06-2014, 05:46 AM
When we lose it's because of how great miami is. Well parker wasn't 100 percent neither so this was a fair match and we won. The haters will have to deal with it......

100%duncan
06-06-2014, 05:54 AM
I love them tears tbh :lol

Not listening or reading any of that shit though...

said7
06-06-2014, 06:04 AM
One person in the entire arena was having cramps. Guess it's everyone else's fault.

TampaDude
06-06-2014, 06:27 AM
So, when we sweep them, what will their excuse be then? :lol

dg7md
06-06-2014, 06:35 AM
So, when we sweep them, what will their excuse be then? :lol

LeBron was hurting. :cry

Gervin44Silas13
06-06-2014, 06:40 AM
Mike Green is a ffucking prick I want to get one of those bobbleheads...take a handfull of shit outta my ass and smear it on the bobblehead and shove it down his fucking mouth!!!!

heyheymymy
06-06-2014, 06:42 AM
shit we'd play at the half court at my apt in the summer mid afternoon, sometimes for an hr or 2. now we jumped in the pool afterwards, but with timeouts we hit some Gatorade and kept playing no cramps. and this is in direct sunlight and 90+temps in san antonio.

exstatic
06-06-2014, 06:45 AM
People don't even talk about this but Wade faded badly. He started 5-5, and finished 8-18. That's a 3-13 finish.

TheGreatYacht
06-06-2014, 06:54 AM
Bro, these idiots on Mike and Mike are actually believing there might be a conspiracy :lmao and they haven't mentioned anything about LeHGH... This shit is disgusting

Richie
06-06-2014, 07:02 AM
We don't deserve much credit, we were awful. Deserved to lose and we stole one.

Harry Callahan
06-06-2014, 07:05 AM
Mike Jewberg has always had an axe to grind against the Spurs.

He thinks he is an expert about basketball since he was a beat reporter covering the Bulls twenty years ago.

Jewberg always picks against SA if the matchup is even reasonably close.

IIR, he a BIG bug up his ass regarding the Horry Nash bump. Jewberg bitched and moaned about all playoffs about that situation. It's too bad. The Spurs were better.

Now the Spurs are better and they will get no credit if they win this series. That's too bad.

sammy
06-06-2014, 07:05 AM
Why are we surprised? Of course, excuses for Miami but what about the lack of play from Wade & Bosh! They are all stars & should be held accountable for playing like crap in the 4th quarter! Give me a fucking break! Spurs continued to play in this game w/o ac & played Sours basketball to win! They had 1 turnover in the 4th after turning the ball over & over! Spurs will play better the next game & will not turn the ball over like that again! Go Spurs Go!

Harry Callahan
06-06-2014, 07:06 AM
We don't deserve much credit, we were awful. Deserved to lose and we stole one.

The Heat had 23 turnovers too. This game was taken.

Richie
06-06-2014, 07:09 AM
The Heat had 23 turnovers too. This game was taken.

So both teams did everything they could to lose it, we were just the least worst on the night. Nothing about our performance is worth celebrating, although the result is.

ShoogarBear
06-06-2014, 07:10 AM
Mike and Mike is a football and baseball show. They've always been completely putrid whenever it comes to anything about the NBA. For a few years, their NBA "expert" was Dick Vitale, FFS. It would be better if they just never mentioned basketball, instead of going through the motions like they do.

Malik Hairston
06-06-2014, 07:24 AM
The series isn't going to be about the Spurs, regardless of whether the Spurs win or lose, tbh..

If the Heat win, Lebron is the greatest, if they lose, he's a loser..that's the media, the Spurs' don't draw viewers, we should all be accustomed to this, by now..

703 Spurz
06-06-2014, 08:00 AM
It's difficult to not bring up the lack of A/C because it's pretty uncommon for that to happen. Is it why Miami lost? Of course not. Is it a conspiracy? Only people looking for ratings would admit that.

AFBlue
06-06-2014, 08:25 AM
I will not be watching any media today, because that response is expected. I made the mistake of watching react from Screamin A and Wilbon immediately following the game, and I was disgusted.

Mugen
06-06-2014, 08:33 AM
As long as Duncan rings.

Whisky Dog
06-06-2014, 08:36 AM
They know it wasn't a conspiracy. No way anyone would think cutting the AC and making the game played at 90 degrees would benefit the older team with the older stars. That's just fucking dumb, but the Spurs showed they are the mentally tougher team when adversity hits.

Conspiracy theories get rating though and that's what they're playing up. ESPN is a master of pandering to the masses for ratings and advertising dollars, and the masses as a collective are stupid.

dbreiden83080
06-06-2014, 08:39 AM
Great have them not talk about us all the way to the ring.. If we do win the story will not be the Spurs winning they will just focus entirely on what it means for Lebron's legacy? The media are sheep..

Ron Swanson
06-06-2014, 08:41 AM
I'm surprised Greenberg can even talk this morning with Lebron's dick in his mouth.

sananspursfan21
06-06-2014, 08:43 AM
Wow.. Spurs had the momentum and I could have swore the heat were down when lbj left

dg7md
06-06-2014, 08:50 AM
Just got back to hear them coddling LeBron more. A fan wrote in and basically hit them with some truth bombs and the hosts claim "oh no we've given the Spurs their due, but this game was about LeBron". :lmao Unreal...

They haven't talked about us once, just about poor baby LeBron and his muscle cramp. :cry

pgardn
06-06-2014, 09:04 AM
Look at this crap from Windhorst and then Ray Allen with the truth:

James can do things no one else in the NBA can. He is the envy of his peers for his extreme athletic gifts. But there is no doubt he harbors this particular weakness and it has surfaced in the playoffs before, when spring turns toward summer around the country. He's battled this for years.

Ever since James said he thought the Heat's arena was a little too warm during the 2012 Finals, the team has made sure to blast the air conditioning whenever it starts to get warm in Miami. For some games, before fans fill up the bowl, it becomes legitimately cold in the arena during the playoffs.

They are trying to smoke us outta here, James was heard saying.

"We're well-conditioned athletes; these are the circumstances that we have," Allen said. "I would've loved to have won the game and had a great story to tell, but we don't have that. These are the things you have to overcome to win championships."

So what Fkn temperature does the great one prefer during the game?

well shit, that's too cold for us, our guys are susceptible to muscle tears when it's too cold.

mando6599
06-06-2014, 09:29 AM
typical media tbh

It's the same media that agrees with Obama and trading 5 Taliban terrorists for 1 of our men, who just happened to leave his post and abandon his duties as a member of the U.S. Army. Yep, I said it, same liberal biased media. Okay, back to basketball and the "fake" world.

UZER
06-06-2014, 09:46 AM
:lol the media is spinning people's criticizing of Lebron for cramping in the same conditons everyone else played in into "stop saying he should've played with cramps!"