PDA

View Full Version : San Antonio's defense doesn't seem to bother Lebron and Wade the way it did last year

JohnnyMax
06-06-2014, 11:35 AM
an observation

Floyd Pacquiao
06-06-2014, 11:37 AM
Spurs were playing them different lastnight, most likely pop doest want them to get to comfortable with the dare to shoot D

SouthernFried
06-06-2014, 11:38 AM
Why should it? If we play Defense, the refs call a foul.

Leonard was taken out of the game by the refs for playing D.

Malik Hairston
06-06-2014, 11:56 AM
Wade had 19 points on 18 shots, which isn't that great, and most of his damage was against the secondary perimeter defenders of the Spurs, not Green/Leonard..

I don't think Pop cares if Wade scores, tbh, his style of play is inefficient in today's league and doesn't really get others involved..the Spurs continue to struggle against lineups that feature Lebron + shooters, not Lebron/Wade lineups..

DFLORY
06-06-2014, 12:01 PM
By the end of this series james will have nightmares of Kawhi. He will dream of a tree sloth with four foot arms and corn rows.

Pop's got this.
Fuck the refs.

hitmantb
06-06-2014, 12:02 PM
We didn't care if Durant/Westbrook scored in ISO vs Kwahi/Green, we don't care about LeBron/Wade on ISO either. Heat big three can provide 60-70 points a game, what is critical for us is to shut down everyone else, tire them out and we win in the end.

spurraider21
06-06-2014, 12:05 PM
LeBron only had 3 assists. it will be tough for miami to win like that

101A
06-06-2014, 12:10 PM
LeBron only had 3 assists. it will be tough for miami to win like that

This

Obstructed_View
06-06-2014, 12:10 PM
Someone's going to tell Kawhi to defend with his feet and not with his hands, and he won't be in foul trouble as much.

TheGreatYacht
06-06-2014, 12:16 PM
I think Pop is running the classic "Let Lebron and Wade shoot and SHUT DOWN everybody else" defense

Ray Allen got open, but that's a sneaky player

Knoxxx
06-06-2014, 12:17 PM
Someone's going to tell Kawhi to defend with his feet and not with his hands, and he won't be in foul trouble as much.This-his fundamentals have been horrible on d.

Spurs da champs
06-06-2014, 12:19 PM
Kawhi played awful on both ends, he'll be engaged next game, he needs to be especially since Bron finally realized he can take Diaw off the drible.

Pako
06-06-2014, 12:43 PM
We didn't care if Durant/Westbrook scored in ISO vs Kwahi/Green, we don't care about LeBron/Wade on ISO either. Heat big three can provide 60-70 points a game, what is critical for us is to shut down everyone else, tire them out and we win in the end.
This..

Budkin
06-06-2014, 12:44 PM
Kawhi played like shit. Game 2 will be a different story.

Mugen
06-06-2014, 12:48 PM
The Heat have been the best offensive team in the playoffs tbh. The Spurs aren't shutting them down.

ducks
06-06-2014, 12:52 PM
how many turnovers did heat have

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-06-2014, 12:54 PM
We're giving them the Westbrook / Durant treatment. Shoot all you want, lock everyone down.

The Spurs are averaging 107 PPG in the playoffs, scored 110 last night with 23 turnovers. If LeBron + Wade + Bosh can score more than 107 combined four out of the next six games, hand them the trophy and shake their hands.

Seventyniner
06-06-2014, 01:01 PM
Wade had 19 points on 18 shots, which isn't that great, and most of his damage was against the secondary perimeter defenders of the Spurs, not Green/Leonard..

I don't think Pop cares if Wade scores, tbh, his style of play is inefficient in today's league and doesn't really get others involved..the Spurs continue to struggle against lineups that feature Lebron + shooters, not Lebron/Wade lineups..

So Wade is Kobe to LeBron's Shaq?

Malik Hairston
06-06-2014, 01:10 PM
So Wade is Kobe to LeBron's Shaq?

Yes, but the difference in Wade of today is that he doesn't get to the FT line anymore, nor does he shoot 3s..his style of play is inefficient in today's game..

TampaDude
06-06-2014, 01:13 PM
By the end of this series james will have nightmares of Kawhi. He will dream of a tree sloth with four foot arms and corn rows.

:lmao

hater
06-06-2014, 05:14 PM
Yup

heat will run us out of the building i game 2

T Park
06-06-2014, 05:28 PM
We're giving them the Westbrook / Durant treatment. Shoot all you want, lock everyone down.

The Spurs are averaging 107 PPG in the playoffs, scored 110 last night with 23 turnovers. If LeBron + Wade + Bosh can score more than 107 combined four out of the next six games, hand them the trophy and shake their hands.

Yup

Chinook
06-06-2014, 05:30 PM
The Spurs defended them fine. I'm more concerned with Bosh and Allen. Both were efficient while missing open shots.

Seventyniner
06-06-2014, 06:42 PM
Yes, but the difference in Wade of today is that he doesn't get to the FT line anymore, nor does he shoot 3s..his style of play is inefficient in today's game..

It seems like a waste to put Leonard or Green on him. Leonard on LeBron, Green on Allen, and Manu on Wade is a good set of matchups for the Spurs.

Seventyniner
06-06-2014, 06:45 PM
The Spurs defended them fine. I'm more concerned with Bosh and Allen. Both were efficient while missing open shots.

I am far more concerned about Bosh personally. If Green can keep Allen in check like he did in the 4th, that problem is mitigated. Bosh spotting up in the corner, forcing Duncan way out of the paint, is much more of a problem. Case in point: LeBron's last layup were Duncan didn't dare leave Bosh, forcing Diaw to try and contain the dribble-drive. Manu was the only one who even had a chance to help and he can't do much to bother LeBron.

4down
06-06-2014, 07:00 PM
I think Pop is running the classic "Let Lebron and Wade shoot and SHUT DOWN everybody else" defense

Ray Allen got open, but that's a sneaky player

Haha yeah especially the sneaky way he got past Marco for the dunk. Clever little turd

99 Problems
06-06-2014, 08:02 PM
It did with about 6.30 to go in the last when the whole Miami off' collapsed.

xmas1997
06-06-2014, 08:36 PM
Like I said before last night, Allen worries me a lot.

Mugen
06-06-2014, 08:41 PM

Yup. Bosh will be a burden this series. The Spurs don't have an answer for him.

Allen will get his as well but the Spurs can offset his makes with their own and punish him defensively tbh.

DMC
06-06-2014, 08:43 PM
Things we know that we don't need to discuss:

Ray Allen is a good shooter

Shane Battier is a good defender and decent shooter

Bosh can shoot the 3

Lebron will get to the rim

Wade is better than last year

What we don't know and merits discussion:

Spurs zone defense seemed to work well in game 1. Was that a fluke?

Kawhi started off slow but had some moments

Marco hit some shots, will he be a factor?

How did the Heat get so many wide open looks? Was it by design? (if so it was one of the few designs that actually panned out)

How healthy is Tony Parker really and will he be more of a factor in this series or will the Heat focus on shutting him down?

Is Manu for real or was that a flukey game?

Mugen
06-06-2014, 08:46 PM
Spurs zone defense seemed to work well in game 1. Was that a fluke? Yes

Kawhi started off slow but had some moments - He'll get better

Marco hit some shots, will he be a factor? - I liked his offense, should only be on Battier this series PERIOD.

How did the Heat get so many wide open looks? Was it by design? (if so it was one of the few designs that actually panned out) - They're elite offensively, I think they'll get a lot of open looks this series.

How healthy is Tony Parker really and will he be more of a factor in this series or will the Heat focus on shutting him down? He'll get healthier and be better than last year.

Is Manu for real or was that a flukey game? Not flukey but I think that will be his best all around game of the series. He'll be solid throughout tho.