PDA

View Full Version : Jazz: Since when is there cocaine in Salt Lake City?

Findog
06-06-2014, 05:05 PM
This guy is now an NBA head coach:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZKoIu-ECfs

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/6/6/5787394/quin-snyder-jazz-head-coach-nba

Following a lengthy search, the Utah Jazz hired Quin Snyder to be the new head coach, according to Sportando. The two sides agreed on a three-year deal, with the Jazz holding a team option for a fourth season, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports. Jeff Zillgitt of USA Today also confirmed the news, reporting the two sides agreed to a deal in principle.

Snyder will come to Utah from Atlanta where he spent one season as an assistant coach with the Hawks. The move to the Jazz is the latest in Snyder's long, winding coaching career that has included stops at the college level, the NBA Development League, and overseas. Snyder broke in as a head coach with the Missouri Tigers in 1999 and found quick success, leading the Tigers on multiple NCAA Tournament runs. His later years were less successful and he eventually resigned with amid a NCAA investigation. Only minor violations were found, but Synder moved on to the Austin Toros of the NBA Development League.

He joined the Philadelphia 76ers in 2010 as a player development coach and spent two seasons as an assistant coach with the Los Angeles Lakers under then head coach Mike Brown. Snyder then headed to Europe as an assistant coach for CSKA Moscow for a season before joining the Hawks' bench last year.

In Utah, he will replace Tyrone Corbin who was fired following a 25-57 season last year. Corbin found some success in Utah with a pair of winning seasons before dropping off last season. Synder becomes just the third Jazz head coach since 1989, as Corbin followed a long tenure from Jerry Sloan. Alvin Gentry and Adrian Griffin were among the other candidates the Jazz reportedly considered.

Clipper Nation
06-06-2014, 05:08 PM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view4/4396953/quinn-snyder-popcorn-o.gif

Girasuck
06-06-2014, 05:18 PM
Thank God it wasn't Boylen.

I heard Snyder is a pretty smart basketball dude, and it will be nice to have a coach that's a little hot headed instead of that damn walking statue we've had the past 3 years.

PÒÓCH
06-06-2014, 05:23 PM
Utah has a sports team?

Girasuck
06-06-2014, 05:27 PM
Utah has a sports team?

Yep. RSL is killing it.

Franklin
06-06-2014, 06:28 PM
Agree SLC used to be the most clean city (drug-free I mean). Utahan bitches are still the finest in this country though.

Findog
06-06-2014, 11:09 PM
Thank God it wasn't Boylen.

I heard Snyder is a pretty smart basketball dude, and it will be nice to have a coach that's a little hot headed instead of that damn walking statue we've had the past 3 years.

Yeah he seems to be highly regarded in NBA circles. He doesn't have to suck up to 19 year olds. And I would think the white lightning is hard to come by in SLC.

DMC
06-06-2014, 11:29 PM
Maybe he won't sit like a corpse like Sloan with his mouth agape as a fly goes in and out unimpeded.