PDA

View Full Version : Tony "I want to play the real Miami Heat"

ElNono
06-06-2014, 06:45 PM
"I want the AC to come back, I want to play the real Miami Heat, the two-time champs, with LeBron back," Spurs guard Tony Parker said. "I hope it's not bad. And I hope he's going to be 100 percent on Sunday. Because as a competitor you want to play against the best, and that's how I feel."

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2014/story/_/id/11042810/san-antonio-spurs-say-air-conditioning-their-arena-repaired

phyzik
06-06-2014, 07:00 PM
I agree with Tony... I don't want the Heat to have any excuses.

Malik Hairston
06-06-2014, 07:00 PM
I'd rather have him sit out the series and sweep, tbh:lol..

testies
06-06-2014, 07:01 PM
Tony's quotes single handedly lost us 2 seasons in a row

baseline bum
06-06-2014, 07:02 PM

Pretty much, though I'd rather he got the AIDS in his IV bags last night tbh

Vic Petro
06-06-2014, 07:06 PM

I'd rather he play the whole series 100% and the Spurs sweep, tbh

Knoxxx
06-06-2014, 07:07 PM
I'd rather have him sit out the series and sweep, tbh:lol..this we proved we can beat the heat last year with James

IrisHockey
06-06-2014, 07:07 PM
Be careful of what you wish for..

SpurPadre
06-06-2014, 07:08 PM
I'm cool with what TP says as long as he doesn't wonder why they keep leaving our shooters open.

Splits
06-06-2014, 07:10 PM

Yeah, an honest ELE turned into a 3 day welch by this faggot

Kawhi
06-06-2014, 07:12 PM
Yeah, an honest ELE turned into a 3 day welch by this faggotthis is true

Fpoonsie
06-06-2014, 07:17 PM

rofl. Both.

spurraider21
06-06-2014, 07:27 PM
All the way...

UZER
06-06-2014, 07:38 PM
I'm ok with it. Everyone and their mother is making excuses for the game so why not go on the offensive and say, "hey we don't want excuses either. I hope he's out there"

Knoxxx
06-06-2014, 07:42 PM
Tony just wants sweet revenge

Skull-1
06-06-2014, 07:44 PM

Hoops Czar
06-06-2014, 07:50 PM

That's some of the worst troling, tbh.

hater
06-06-2014, 08:09 PM
MVParker showing his testicular fortitude :tu

jag
06-06-2014, 08:18 PM
Tony's quotes single handedly lost us 2 seasons in a row

Full blown retarded. It's what you are

Budkin
06-06-2014, 08:19 PM
Is there any question he's going to be out? No way.

HI-FI
06-06-2014, 08:22 PM
Some of Tony's comments are stupid but I have no problem with this one. Tired of all the excuses for LeRoid and his team. If the Spurs can somehow win game 2, and I think Lebron will have an epic performance but hopefully it's not enough, then Spurs will seriously be in the Heat's heads.

dg7md
06-06-2014, 09:43 PM
I'm for it, based on the principle that the Heat will get a ton of excuses made in their favor and our win will be completely negated if LeBron wasn't 100 percent this series... We already got completely ignored for winning game 1 due to the cramp and the A/C. :lol

Darius McCrary
06-06-2014, 09:47 PM
:lmao :lmao baseline bum started out 40 years old now he's straight LDN adolescent rofl

Jenks
06-06-2014, 09:57 PM
Nurse Magic Johnson just doing his part to keep Kobe ahead of LBJ in rings

Prime Time
06-06-2014, 10:02 PM
As long as Tony didn't say "Game 1 finished kind of funky though, can't believe they left Green THAT open AGAIN. You think they'd learn, amiright or amiright?"

Mikeanaro
06-06-2014, 10:35 PM
That Miami Heat doesnt exist anymore Tony you missed it, didnt you? Who cares we got robbed last time.

biskvito
06-06-2014, 11:13 PM
that's good PR to avoid the AC conspiracy theorists

Beaverfuzz
06-06-2014, 11:32 PM
Fuck them, play with who you have and let's go!

DMC
06-06-2014, 11:43 PM
I'd like to see Lebron look like a piece of beef jerky where a DNA lab is needed to identify him. 4 game sweep with an average diff of +35 for the Spurs. Works for me.

DMC
06-06-2014, 11:44 PM
As long as Tony didn't say "Game 1 finished kind of funky though, can't believe they left Green THAT open AGAIN. You think they'd learn, amiright or amiright?"

Pop got close... but stopped.

TheGreatYacht
06-06-2014, 11:54 PM
Pop's the one with the Danny CONFIDENCE KILLER quote "If he isn't making his shots, there's no reason for him to be out there. And that's the god honest truth"

LoneStarState'sPride
06-07-2014, 02:56 AM

This. I'm always a fan of the easiest possible path to a title. I have no sympathy or regrets for any opponent who happens to be out for any reason.

Most casual fans know SA has 4 titles. Hardly any fans outside of SA and NY remember or care that Ewing was hurt and missed the 1999 Finals.

hsxvvd
06-07-2014, 03:54 AM
Fuck excuses. We've had our share of injuries in the past and would probably have another title or two without them. But nobodies remembering the team that gets beat or why.

hsxvvd
06-07-2014, 04:00 AM
This. I'm always a fan of the easiest possible path to a title. I have no sympathy or regrets for any opponent who happens to be out for any reason.

Most casual fans know SA has 4 titles. Hardly any fans outside of SA and NY remember or care that Ewing was hurt and missed the 1999 Finals.

To be fair though, Ewing was already done and the it was probably the Knicks discovering how they could play without him that was responsible for them making the finals in the first place.

Edit. My bad. Shit Ewing was avg 17ppg into the Eastern Finals.

weeks
06-07-2014, 05:45 AM
Full blown retarded. It's what you are
it's crazy how that ray allen 3 changed everything.

if we win game 6, parker is the god of these forums with that step-back three.

Prime Time
06-07-2014, 05:50 AM
it's crazy how that ray allen 3 changed everything.

if we win game 6, parker is the god of these forums with that step-back three.
If Spurs won Game 6, The Spurs starting five are gods in general.

Pop is a god for having the smarts to put in Diaw for Duncan (only if Diaw grabbed the rebound in this hypothetical situation.)
Manu is a god for having 3 championship clinching free-throws and a steal.
Parker is a god for 5 straight points to give Spurs the lead.
Leonard is a god for stepping up the entire game.
Duncan is a god for completely taking over.
Green is a god for breaking a finals record, his struggles in 6 are now insignificant because it was his first bad game of the series, and the Spurs won nonetheless.
Diaw is a god for his defense on LeBron and his championship clinching rebound.

But now everyone sucks equally. Well, except Tim and Kawhi. Gotta love Tim and Kawhi.

Raven
06-07-2014, 05:54 AM
you can always face them on a stree bball court tbh, altough there probably wouldn't be AC.

Strange Love
06-07-2014, 05:57 AM
Agree with his comments but enough sounds bites. All this is doing is giving them more motivation.

Tony really shouldn't care about Lebron's well being as a competitor who's trying to 3-peat. Just worry about your own game and try not to hero ball too much.

ErnestLynch
06-07-2014, 06:25 AM
I watched the game again tonight. Spurs played horrible really, with one super-spurt of 31-9. Spurs were only up 4 with 1:40 left. Then the hammer came down. They aren't going to have 23 turnovers again on Sunday or any other night in this series. Bottom line here, Miami isn't as good as they were last year, and the Spurs are better than they were last year. I don't know how many games it's going to take, but the Heat are going down. And they know it. Right now, they're just a 'whistling through the graveyard'. They're not winning game 2 and they aren't doing some 2012 Thunder Sweep. We win Sunday, and we will, it's over. We can and will win in Miami. They can't win here. Miami will not win a game in San Antonio.

TampaDude
06-07-2014, 07:29 AM
I watched the game again tonight. Spurs played horrible really, with one super-spurt of 31-9. Spurs were only up 4 with 1:40 left. Then the hammer came down. They aren't going to have 23 turnovers again on Sunday or any other night in this series. Bottom line here, Miami isn't as good as they were last year, and the Spurs are better than they were last year. I don't know how many games it's going to take, but the Heat are going down. And they know it. Right now, they're just a 'whistling through the graveyard'. They're not winning game 2 and they aren't doing some 2012 Thunder Sweep. We win Sunday, and we will, it's over. We can and will win in Miami. They can't win here. Miami will not win a game in San Antonio.

Are you that confident, or are you a Heat fan trying to lay a reverse jinx? :lol

dg7md
06-07-2014, 07:40 AM
Are you that confident, or are you a Heat fan trying to lay a reverse jinx? :lol

One cannot be sure, his available post history doesn't give any clues or signals... could be a covert Heatfan tbh.

100%duncan
06-07-2014, 07:53 AM
Agreed tbh. And fuck haters tbh :lol I love em tears. Gimme more excuses please

ErnestLynch
06-07-2014, 12:41 PM

No reverse jinx. It was over when Timmy let Manu use his time machine.

He says, 'Okay Manu, just be careful. You can't turn the dial back too far.'

romain.star
06-07-2014, 01:15 PM
I'm cool with what TP says as long as he doesn't wonder why they keep leaving our shooters open.

Do you really think the Heat waited/needed TP comments to realize they had to do something about Green? Seriously?

romain.star
06-07-2014, 01:18 PM
If Spurs won Game 6, The Spurs starting five are gods in general.

Pop is a god for having the smarts to put in Diaw for Duncan (only if Diaw grabbed the rebound in this hypothetical situation.)
Manu is a god for having 3 championship clinching free-throws and a steal.
Parker is a god for 5 straight points to give Spurs the lead.
Leonard is a god for stepping up the entire game.
Duncan is a god for completely taking over.
Green is a god for breaking a finals record, his struggles in 6 are now insignificant because it was his first bad game of the series, and the Spurs won nonetheless.
Diaw is a god for his defense on LeBron and his championship clinching rebound.

But now everyone sucks equally. Well, except Tim and Kawhi. Gotta love Tim and Kawhi.

Manu and Boris say Hi

ErnestLynch
06-07-2014, 01:33 PM
Manu and Boris say Hi

Yessir that's the difference. Last year, Manu had ...8 turnovers in game 6 was it ? He was passing into the stands, man. But we don't have THAT Manu this year. He's playing smart, playing within himself, staying in control. Now Parker, he occassionally goes into 'watch me dribble around' mode but he's not totally out of control. When he's playing bad, Pop just sits him with no disastrous effect. Granted we need him, but with Manu playing well, we don't HAVE to have him scorching the opponent to win. This is just a well balanced team. Even when they're playing bad, I have never felt like it was over. Always felt like they could flip the switch *snap* like that. And they often do.

TheyCallMePro
06-07-2014, 01:38 PM
God if we lose game 2 then all anyone's going to talk about is how lucky we were that the AC went out in game 1 and that we didn't deserve to win. Such garbage. Game 2 is a must win for that reason alone.

TampaDude
06-07-2014, 01:39 PM
God if we lose game 2 then all anyone's going to talk about is how lucky we were that the AC went out in game 1 and that we didn't deserve to win. Such garbage. Game 2 is a must win for that reason alone.

We're not losing Game 2.

ErnestLynch
06-07-2014, 01:43 PM
We're not losing Game 2.

^^^

OldSilentHill
06-07-2014, 01:46 PM
What about Spurs fans wanting Tony to play his real bb on the court?

What about it Tony? Look home before starting with this sort of statements :nope

NRHector
06-07-2014, 01:55 PM
I watched the game again tonight. Spurs played horrible really, with one super-spurt of 31-9. Spurs were only up 4 with 1:40 left. Then the hammer came down. They aren't going to have 23 turnovers again on Sunday or any other night in this series. Bottom line here, Miami isn't as good as they were last year, and the Spurs are better than they were last year. I don't know how many games it's going to take, but the Heat are going down. And they know it. Right now, they're just a 'whistling through the graveyard'. They're not winning game 2 and they aren't doing some 2012 Thunder Sweep. We win Sunday, and we will, it's over. We can and will win in Miami. They can't win here. Miami will not win a game in San Antonio. :toast

SpurPadre
06-07-2014, 05:49 PM
Do you really think the Heat waited/needed TP comments to realize they had to do something about Green? Seriously?

No,but why keep hammering the point? What did it prove?

EVAY
06-08-2014, 10:02 AM
This is a non-starter in the same way that Tim's comments before the series that "We're happy it's the Heat" is a non-starter. Good grief!

At least Parker didn't say, as Danny Green is reported to have said that " We (the Spurs) had fans in our locker room at half time." The Heat did not, of course.

TE
06-08-2014, 10:11 AM
Does this fucking team ever not make asinine comments during an important series? Why the fuck say anything to lessen the confidence of players on your team? Why say anything to get another team fired up? Just play the goddamn games, fuck...