PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: No one crediting how a 38 year old PF played through no AC?

Thebesteva
06-06-2014, 06:47 PM
Not one person on ESPN, Fox Sports, etc mentioning how a 38 year old just played a phenomenal game through the 2nd half without AC? If I told you in the beginning of the game the AC goes out, which player would you be more concerned about? Duncan or Lebron?

For fucks sakes people get it together

KobeOwnsDuncan
06-06-2014, 06:47 PM
https://scontent-b-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/t1.0-9/10427325_10152456045571100_5450887857026789414_n.j pg

Thebesteva
06-06-2014, 06:48 PM
:lmao

Malik Hairston
06-06-2014, 06:50 PM
Actually, older players and less muscular players benefit more under these circumstances, regarding cramps and such..

The more lean muscle you're packing, the more likely you are to suffer from muscle cramping in those types of conditions..

Buddy Mignon
06-06-2014, 06:50 PM
Not one person on ESPN, Fox Sports, etc mentioning how a 38 year old just played a phenomenal game through the 2nd half without AC? If I told you in the beginning of the game the AC goes out, which player would you be more concerned about? Duncan or Lebron?

For fucks sakes people get it together

Not that I personally know, but I've heard that gay male sex is twice as intense and steamy as straight sex. This could explain the reason for Jim's ability to perform at such a high level under harsh conditions.

Buddy Mignon
06-06-2014, 06:52 PM
And if you think about it... imagine fucking a woman with the testosterone levels of a man... GREAT FUCK, yeah? Ok, now pit two men against each other. So, Jim had a hell of an advantage when the AC went out.

Malik Hairston
06-06-2014, 06:53 PM
Not that I personally know, but I've heard that gay male sex is twice as intense and steamy as straight sex. This could explain the reason for Jim's ability to perform at such a high level under harsh conditions.

:lol..

Arnold Toht
06-06-2014, 06:53 PM
And if you think about it... imagine fucking a woman with the testosterone levels of a man... GREAT FUCK, yeah? Ok, now pit two men against each other. So, Jim had a hell of an advantage when the AC went out.

KobeOwnsDuncan
06-06-2014, 06:54 PM
https://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/t1.0-9/10177366_662923070455374_8237097182404725435_n.jpg

Buddy Mignon
06-06-2014, 06:56 PM

:lmao @ your sig...

Thebesteva
06-06-2014, 06:56 PM
Actually, older players and less muscular players benefit more under these circumstances, regarding cramps and such..

The more lean muscle you're packing, the more likely you are to suffer from muscle cramping in those types of conditions..

:lol Dr. Hairston doing work

Koolaid_Man
06-06-2014, 07:20 PM

LOL I was just getting ready to start a thread on this......nigga used to long long hot nights of hard hitting dick in the ass pleasure

spurraider21
06-06-2014, 07:25 PM

ok lets be clear. if you want to argue that the high temperatures are more detrimental to bron than the others, then whatever. but NOBODY is "benefitting" from playing at 90 degrees :lol

Malik Hairston
06-06-2014, 07:27 PM
ok lets be clear. if you want to argue that the high temperatures are more detrimental to bron than the others, then whatever. but NOBODY is "benefitting" from playing at 90 degrees :lol

"Regarding cramps", obviously I meant it in comparison..

Anybody that has played basketball in a hot gym knows how brutal it is, especially if your style of play is athletic/exerts a lot of energy..it sucks for everybody..

spurraider21
06-06-2014, 07:29 PM

Anybody that has played basketball in a hot gym knows how brutal it is, especially if your style of play is athletic/exerts a lot of energy..it sucks for everybody..
well OP wasn't so much about Duncan's amazing ability to avoid cramps, but rather being able to play at a high level while playing a lot of minutes despite the conditions

GenuineLakerfan
06-06-2014, 07:29 PM

What you defending Lebron looks like

http://blog.vh1.com/files/2007/10/entertainer_toe.gif

Malik Hairston
06-06-2014, 07:30 PM
well OP wasn't so much about Duncan's amazing ability to avoid cramps, but rather being able to play at a high level while playing a lot of minutes despite the conditions

Duncan isn't 80 years old, he's a fucking top 5-7 player of all-time that has a coach that rests him well..don't know why anybody would be surprised by that:lol..

Manu is 37(I think?) and played at an even higher energy level, tbh..

Koolaid_Man
06-06-2014, 07:30 PM

spurraider21
06-06-2014, 07:31 PM
Duncan isn't 80 years old, he's a fucking top 5-7 player of all-time that has a coach that rests him well..don't know why anybody would be surprised by that:lol..
maybe because if you take the time to look at what most NBA players (even the all time greats) look like at 38, its actually sort of stunning

Malik Hairston
06-06-2014, 07:32 PM
maybe because if you take the time to look at what most NBA players (even the all time greats) look like at 38, its actually sort of stunning

In general, of course, Duncan is displaying longevity that only Kareem has displayed(in a much easier era)..I just don't think he should be credit for playing in a hot gym, he isn't a senior citizen:lol..

GenuineLakerfan
06-06-2014, 07:33 PM

You're trying to argue against a guy who got his ass fingered by a gay doctor and had to share the experience

Koolaid_Man
06-06-2014, 07:33 PM
In general, of course, Duncan is displaying longevity that only Kareem has displayed(in a much easier era)..I just don't think he should be credit for playing in a hot gym, he isn't a senior citizen:lol..

I heard pickle juice helps cramps....Lebron and Bosh should have took a quick break and came back out :lol

Koolaid_Man
06-06-2014, 07:34 PM
You're trying to argue against a guy who got his ass fingered by a gay doctor and had to share the experience

:lmao ether

Malik Hairston
06-06-2014, 07:34 PM
Kool, what do you think about the fact that Duncan is having such a great playoff run at age 38, and on the verge of winning another title, tbh?..honest opinion..

Koolaid_Man
06-06-2014, 07:37 PM
Kool, what do you think about the fact that Duncan is having such a great playoff run at age 38, and on the verge of winning another title, tbh?..honest opinion..

I think he and Kobe oscillate back and forth....nothing is wrong with a good run....besides life is easy for a nigga who fucks other niggas he don't have to deal with the drama of bitches in his life....he can get dicked down real good and be good for 6 months

Buddy Mignon
06-06-2014, 07:38 PM

It should be a dick... lol

Buddy Mignon
06-06-2014, 07:38 PM
I think he and Kobe oscillate back and forth....nothing is wrong with a good run....besides life is easy for a nigga who fucks other niggas he don't have to deal with the drama of bitches in his life....he can get dicked down real good and be good for 6 months

Amen brotha... lol.

HI-FI
06-06-2014, 07:42 PM
it's ridiculous, but Duncan doesn't play up the star angle like Kobe or Lebron, so the media doesn't give a fuck about him ultimately. The media loves stars and divas.

https://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/t1.0-9/10177366_662923070455374_8237097182404725435_n.jpg

RsxPiimp
06-06-2014, 07:44 PM

Koolaid_Man
06-06-2014, 07:48 PM
it's ridiculous, but Duncan doesn't play up the star angle like Kobe or Lebron, so the media doesn't give a fuck about him ultimately. The media loves stars and divas.

When MJ and Kobe was in their hey day basketball was must see TV....I would come home and fuck going to hoop...I had to watch them niggas play....don't nobody care about Lebron's and Duncans's wack as game like that...it was all about MJ and Kobe:

Here's the theme:

fxTryUZs_XE

Buddy Mignon
06-06-2014, 07:56 PM

You see... this is a perfect example of how you guys distort reality to suit your fictional narrative. Duncan is 37 not 38, but you'll conveniently round up a year to boost Jim's not so legend legendary status. As a Laker fan, when I see you knocking at my back door I simply reach into my treasure chest and decide on which weapon to murder you with. I'll give you Ducan being 38 even though he's not. So let's compare him to Kareem and see how he holds up. At 38 Kareem was averaging 23 points a game while playing 33 minutes. In the playoffs that year he upped his game to 26 points per game all while playing 35 minutes. Although he didn't win a title that year... he did go on to win back2back the following years.

Now... as I search for Duncan's stats at age 38 I can't find any... so we'll just have to settle for his age 37 stats... ok? At age 37 Duncan averaged 15 points all while playing 29 minutes. In the playoffs he has averaged 16 points all while playing 32 minutes. Now... I know you asked Kool for his opinion on how great Duncan is playing at an age he's yet to reach... but I'll give you my opinion. For a guy that I thought would be in a retirement home just a few years ago I think he's playing well for today's standard of basketball. But when compared against the best he's just barely recognizable.

Koolaid_Man
06-06-2014, 08:02 PM
You see... this is a perfect example of how you guys distort reality to suit your fictional narrative. Duncan is 37 not 38, but you'll conveniently round up a year to boost Jim's not so legend legendary status. As a Laker fan, when I see you knocking at my back door I simply reach into my treasure chest and decide on which weapon to murder you with. I'll give you Ducan being 38 even though he's not. So let's compare him to Kareem and see how he holds up. At 38 Kareem was averaging 23 points a game while playing 33 minutes. In the playoffs that year he upped his game to 26 points per game all while playing 35 minutes. Although he didn't win a title that year... he did go on to win back2back the following years.

Now... as I search for Duncan's stats at age 38 I can't find any... so we'll just have to settle for his age 37 stats... ok? At age 37 Duncan averaged 15 points all while playing 29 minutes. In the playoffs he has averaged 16 points all while playing 32 minutes. Now... I know you asked Kool for his opinion on how great Duncan is playing at an age he's yet to reach... but I'll give you my opinion. For a guy that I thought would be in a retirement home just a few years ago I think he's playing well for today's standard of basketball. But when compared against the best he's just barely recognizable.

What the fuck is up with tonight bro...you kicking ass and taking names....this shit right here is the stuff the media wants to forget....:lmao

spurraider21
06-06-2014, 08:11 PM

Tim Duncan is 38 years old.

And you are a bitter asian male

Koolaid_Man
06-06-2014, 08:14 PM

He's winning the fucking argument....he exposed your pee pee :lol

Buddy Mignon
06-06-2014, 08:14 PM
What the fuck is up with tonight bro...you kicking ass and taking names....this shit right here is the stuff the media wants to forget....:lmao

The media is smart. They know all they have to do is repeat shit over and over again and it becomes reality to people who refuse to do research. Notice how today's mantra is "Kobe is fucked no matter who wins this year." Why would Kobe be threatened by a nigga that he dominated in his prime and a nigga that choked to get there to face him when he had the chance. The media never mentions Kobe vs Duncan head to head... with or without Shaq. The media never mentions how Lebron failed to meet Kobe in the finals two straight years after winning the most games in the regular season. Yet those same nerds vote Lebron the MVP award while Kobe wins the titles. Hell... they even had commercials with the two, but Lebron never showed up. Lebron is a joke homie... and Duncan is great only when you keep it in perspective. This is why they always say he's the best PF of all time, but never the best big man. They won't dare enter that territory.

Buddy Mignon
06-06-2014, 08:17 PM

I'm looking at his stats and it doesn't say he's 38. Even still.. the numbers don't change. Don't take my word... do the comparison yourself.

Malik Hairston
06-06-2014, 08:21 PM
I can't believe you keep writing these long-ass posts with no quantifiable arguments outside of raw PPG numbers, tbh..

Koolaid_Man
06-06-2014, 08:22 PM
The media is smart. They know all they have to do is repeat shit over and over again and it becomes reality to people who refuse to do research. Notice how today's mantra is "Kobe is fucked no matter who wins this year." Why would Kobe be threatened by a nigga that he dominated in his prime and a nigga that choked to get there to face him when he had the chance. The media never mentions Kobe vs Duncan head to head... with or without Shaq. The media never mentions how Lebron failed to meet Kobe in the finals two straight years after winning the most games in the regular season. Yet those same nerds vote Lebron the MVP award while Kobe wins the titles. Hell... they even had commercials with the two, but Lebron never showed up. Lebron is a joke homie... and Duncan is great only when you keep it in perspective. This is why they always say he's the best PF of all time, but never the best big man. They won't dare enter that territory.

You're right Luva..I've been an asshole in taking a position so in lieu of your faithful testimony my brother...I'm recanting my support of the Spurs....I was being so short sighted and didn't realize I don't have to root for any of these frauds may the best Bitch win....I don't have a dog in this fight....thanks for helping me come to my gotdam senses...I fucking apologize to all Laker faithful....I deserve to be punished...you're best bitch with big tits and ass will do :toast

Buddy Mignon
06-06-2014, 08:29 PM
You're right Luva..I've been an asshole in taking a position so in lieu of your faithful testimony my brother...I'm recanting my support of the Spurs....I was being so short sighted and didn't realize I don't have to root for any of these frauds may the best Bitch win....I don't have a dog in this fight....thanks for helping me come to my gotdam senses...I fucking apologize to all Laker faithful....I deserve to be punished...you're best bitch with big tits and ass will do :toast

Buddy Mignon
06-06-2014, 08:29 PM
I can't believe you keep writing these long-ass posts with no quantifiable arguments outside of raw PPG numbers, tbh..

I like it raw, but if you feel you have a better argument I listen. Go ahead.

Koolaid_Man
06-06-2014, 08:31 PM

:lol yep..these nerds have no idea why you're laughing you pimp you :hat

midnightpulp
06-06-2014, 08:35 PM

Head-to-head records :lol

Kobe's 0-1 against Dirk and 1-2 against Steve Nash.

So...

Kobe's fucked no matter who wins. Either Tim ties him in ring count or James becomes the 1st perimeter player since Jordan to lead his team to a 3 peat. Also, a Finals win puts James ahead 1 in the Finals MVP count.

Unless Kirby returns with a deep playoff run in the next few years, he'll become an afterthought.

midnightpulp
06-06-2014, 08:40 PM

It's the only stat Luva knows :lol

He's old school, an antique. Like Kobe's game in the modern NBA. Even Rick Carlisle stated that "slow play=death" in today's NBA. Defenses have become too sophisticated. Kobe 25 times in the post is a relic of a bygone era, and if the Lakers still think they can build around that, they're in for a rude awakening. Luva will cite the repeat, but 09/10 is essentially 100 years ago. The NBA's changed in spades since then.

KobeOwnsDuncan
06-06-2014, 08:40 PM

So...

Kobe's fucked no matter who wins. Either Tim ties him in ring count or James becomes the 1st perimeter player since Jordan to lead to his team to a 3 peat. Also, a Finals win puts James ahead 1 in the Finals MVP count.

Unless Kirby returns with a deep playoff run in the next few years, he'll become an afterthought.

Jim could win 10 titles and history still wouldn't give a dick in the booty ass fuck about him.

Buddy Mignon
06-06-2014, 08:42 PM

So...

Kobe's fucked no matter who wins. Either Tim ties him in ring count or James becomes the 1st perimeter player since Jordan to lead to his team to a 3 peat. Also, a Finals win puts James ahead 1 in the Finals MVP count.

Where was those niggas in Kobe's prime? They were apart of the same era. Leave it to you to bring up two players that arent even in the discussion of all-time greats. Zeke is 3-1 against Jordan.... which is basically your argument. Kick rocks, lil nigga.

midnightpulp
06-06-2014, 08:46 PM
Where was those niggas in Kobe's prime? They were apart of the same era. Leave it to you to bring up two players that arent even in the discussion of all-time greats. Zeke is 3-1 against Jordan.... which is basically your argument. Kick rocks, lil nigga.

:lol Beating him

You realize Nash is 2-0 against Kobe in his "prime?"

Kobe blew a 3-1 lead against Nash in '06, the same year he had that meaningless 81 point game. The next year, they were talking up Kobe again, and he lost 4-1 to Nash this time.

And if you play the supporting cast card, there's games in that series where Smush Parker and Kwame Brown had better performances than Kobe :lol

spurraider21
06-06-2014, 08:50 PM
I'm looking at his stats and it doesn't say he's 38. Even still.. the numbers don't change. Don't take my word... do the comparison yourself.
Here's a stat. He was born in April 1976.

spurraider21
06-06-2014, 08:51 PM

Kobe blew a 3-1 lead against Nash in '06, the same year he had that meaningless 81 point game. The next year, they were talking up Kobe again, and he lost 4-1 to Nash this time.

And if you play the supporting cast card, there's games in that series where Smush Parker and Kwame Brown had better performances than Kobe :lol
:lol that "no help!" thread you put up was golden

Koolaid_Man
06-06-2014, 08:58 PM

What's Duncan's record head to head with Kobe...ohhh that's right Kobe 4 -1..now you can count the year Kobe tore his achilles if it makes you feel better ;-)

DMC
06-06-2014, 09:22 PM

You talk about gay male sex a lot eh?

06-06-2014, 09:47 PM

spurraider21
06-06-2014, 09:54 PM
What's Duncan's record head to head with Kobe...ohhh that's right Kobe 4 -1..now you can count the year Kobe tore his achilles if it makes you feel better ;-)
Kobe lost to Duncan in 99 and 03, and that doesn't include him hiding from us in '13

ElNono
06-06-2014, 09:59 PM
What is this? The retired player's forum?

Tim is playing at a high level, like legends do... retired players are... retired

06-06-2014, 10:05 PM

Kareem played 0 defense in his late years. SUre if DUncan saved all his energy for offense, he could put up those numbers, but you gotta play both sides of the ball in the NBA.

Buddy Mignon
06-06-2014, 10:15 PM
Dirk and Nash are nothing but sub-plots to Kobe's story. At best Duncan was a supporting character. Kobe dominated an era going directly through Duncan. And there is no sports writer on the planet that can change that. At the end of the day its Mikan... Russell... Kareem... Magic... Jordan... Kobe... and now Lebron.

Buddy Mignon
06-06-2014, 10:22 PM
Kareem played 0 defense in his late years. SUre if DUncan saved all his energy for offense, he could put up those numbers, but you gotta play both sides of the ball in the NBA.

Look at how stupid you come off. So Kareem played zero defense and still won titles? And i dont see Duncan shutting anyone down you jackass. Even in his prime Duncan chose to allow Malik Rose, or Oboerto, or some other scrub guard Shaq while he rested on defense. Kareem always guarded the other teams big man. Defense is the most overrated part of Jim's game. He has never been a lock down defender like KG or Rodman or Hakeem. In fact... Robinson was a better defender than Duncan.

Koolaid_Man
06-06-2014, 10:35 PM
Look at how stupid you come off. So Kareem played zero defense and still won titles? And i dont see Duncan shutting anyone down you jackass. Even in his prime Duncan chose to allow Malik Rose, or Oboerto, or some other scrub guard Shaq while he rested on defense. Kareem always guarded the other teams big man. Defense is the most overrated part of Jim's game. He has never been a lock down defender like KG or Rodman or Hakeem. In fact... Robinson was a better defender than Duncan.

you show can be a muthafucker :lol

Koolaid_Man
06-06-2014, 10:36 PM
I dont even have to do shit tonight cept sit back and watch Luva get off in some ass

Buddy Mignon
06-06-2014, 10:39 PM
I dont even have to do shit tonight cept sit back and watch Luva get off in some ass

Every now and then you have poss some reality in these nerds face. Remind them who's boss.

midnightpulp
06-06-2014, 10:39 PM

You just can't stop being wrong.

I decided to go over the 01, 02, 03 Lakers/Spurs playoffs series to see who was primarily guarding Shaq and how effective they were in guarding him. I didn't go over every possession, but I decided to look at every FGA and turnovers forced that Shaq had in those games. I didn't get every game from that 01-03 span because youtube didn't have all of them, but I did get a majority of the games.

vs. Duncan: 21-49 (.429), 8 TOV (5 of them charges/offensive fouls drawn)

vs. Robinson: 31-63 (.492), 5 TOV (1 offensive foul)

vs. Rose: 15-27 (.556), 2 TOV (2 offensive fouls)

vs. Other big men (Bryant, Willis, Walker): 6-12, 1 TOV (1 offensive foul)

vs. Guards: 0-3

vs. open shots with no one guarding Shaq: 11-13

I also kept track of double teams both before the shot and double teams during the shot (sometimes both happened). I didn't count double teams that had no effect on the shot or soft double teams.

vs. Duncan: 11 before shot, 14 after shot, 20 total double teams (35.1% double team%)

vs. Robinson: 10 before shot, 15 after shot, 23 total double teams (33.8% double team%)

vs. Rose: 4 before shot, 5 after shot (33.3% double team%)

vs. other big men: 2 before shot, 3 after shot, 3 total double teams (23.1 double team%)

In 2003, The Spurs made a concerted effort not to double Shaq. They even mentioned it in one of the broadcasts where Popovich told them that they didn't want anyone else to beat them. In the other years, Shaq got a decent amount of double teams and very few triple teams. Most of the double teams I saw were soft and had no effect. Shaq was making his move by the time the double came.

Now here are the stats for who was guarding Shaq in the games Duncan/Robinson played (Robinson missed 1 of the games). This is why I started the project. I wanted to see if Robinson was the sole Shaq defender or if the Spurs took turns defending him.

Duncan 31.0%
Robinson 46.9%
Rose 19.3%
Willis 2.1%
Walker 0.7%

Stats show Duncan guarded Shaq 31% of the time when the Lakers played the Spurs, and that Shaq shot the worse against Duncan.

Oh, and about Kirby's "doberman defense," you might find this article interesting:

The more damning thing is that every metric I’ve broken down here has Kobe’s defensive impact as utterly average. -0.8, -0.6, 0.1, 0.1, these are not numbers of someone who is consistently a game changer on defense. The other guys given even half the love Kobe’s gotten over the year, pretty consistently do turn up on these metric doing quite well.

http://asubstituteforwar.wordpress.com/2011/05/09/kobe-bryant-the-most-overrated-defender-imaginable/

Like it or not, old man, advanced metrics are the new norm in the NBA and no one is taking more of a hit than your boy.

Koolaid_Man
06-06-2014, 10:44 PM
You just can't stop being wrong.

Stats show Duncan guarded Shaq 31% of the time when the Lakers played the Spurs, and that Shaq shot the worse against Duncan.

Oh, and about Kirby's "doberman defense," you might find this article interesting:

http://asubstituteforwar.wordpress.com/2011/05/09/kobe-bryant-the-most-overrated-defender-imaginable/

Like it or not, old man, advanced metrics are the new norm in the NBA and no one is taking more of a hit than your boy.

:lmao :lmao hey Luva this is how you know this nigga ain't played a lick of sports in his fucking life...I mean he's never even touched a basketball :lmao real talk

Buddy Mignon
06-06-2014, 10:45 PM
Only thing you proved is that y'all had six different motherfucker trying to stop one player. If Jim was so great he wouldnt have needed all that help.No matter how you try to slice it... it still leaves Jim on the losing end.

Buddy Mignon
06-06-2014, 10:48 PM
:lmao :lmao hey Luva this is how you know this nigga ain't played a lick of sports in his fucking life...I mean he's never even touched a basketball :lmao real talk

Yup... this how they reply these days. Just look at ESPN... nothing but nerds with opinions... led by bitches. Figure that?!?!

midnightpulp
06-06-2014, 10:50 PM
Only thing you proved is that y'all had six different motherfucker trying to stop one player. If Jim was so great he wouldnt have needed all that help.No matter how you try to slice it... it still leaves Jim on the losing end.

Robinson, Duncan, and Rose (a 6'5" player) are six players now?

The Lakers threw Shaq, Horry, JR Reid, etc at Duncan. Remember in '99 when Shaq said, "I want to guard Tim Duncan" and then got smoked?

Buddy Mignon
06-06-2014, 10:50 PM
Oh... and they do play... somewhat. You catch these clown at 24 hour fitness late at night when true ballets are getting pussy.