PDA

View Full Version : oh brother, the little mariachi is back...Spurs lose when he sings

Pages : [1] 2

Birn
06-06-2014, 11:06 PM
Why? Why?

He's a great talent but he needs to change his outfit. The mariachi garb is bad mojo for the Spurs. He should wear a Spurs jersey and jeans. Showing Spurs spirit takes priority over everything else right now. If you are superstitious, this is terrible news. Had he just worn a Spurs jersey last year there would have been no controversy. Too bad his parents put him in that position. That's extremely selfish and arrogant for his parents to force him to be the center of attention and taking focus away from the game.

The Finals isn't the appropriate forum to show how supposed diverse we are in SA. Actually, mariachis have nothing to do with SA's history or culture. Don't know why our city leaders continue to push that ginned up myth.

Trainwreck2100
06-06-2014, 11:18 PM
Thank those dumbass heat fans last year that talked shit because he wasn't white

Birn
06-06-2014, 11:24 PM
Mariachis are embarrassing to our city, tbh. They should just go away.

TheGreatYacht
06-06-2014, 11:41 PM
Are you serious? Well, looks like the focus will be on that kid again. 1-1 tbh

Prime Time
06-06-2014, 11:47 PM
Eh, he's a better singer than Mahone, who only got the females to cheer on his 'high' notes.

TheGreatYacht
06-06-2014, 11:52 PM
Eh, he's a better singer than Mahone, who only got the females to cheer on his 'high' notes.
Na. All little kids sound the same IMO. Mahone is bandwagon, but atleast he didin't wear an embarrassing outfit.... You already know those Cubans are ready with tons of ammo towards the kid smh

Skull-1
06-06-2014, 11:53 PM
Thank those dumbass heat fans last year that talked shit because he wasn't white

What is he if he isn't white (Caucasian), doofus?

That said, in the Alamo City dress like Bowie, Crockett, or Seguin, not Santa Anna you little worm!

Skull-1
06-06-2014, 11:55 PM
Mariachis are embarrassing to our city, tbh. They should just go away.

Totally agree. They're like flies during Christmas on the Riverwalk and they sound like sh-t! Go away Mariachis!

byrontx
06-06-2014, 11:55 PM
Its cool for San Antonio to be proud of its Mexican/Hispanic heritage and play it some. It makes the city unique. I like the kid.

Prime Time
06-06-2014, 11:56 PM
Na. All little kids sound the same IMO. Mahone is bandwagon, but atleast he didin't wear an embarrassing outfit.... You already know those Cubans are ready with tons of ammo towards the kid smh
Well duh, they're kids :lol but little mariachi (forgot his name) at least has mad range. Mahone is a typical 'phase' kind of singer, as soon as everyone officially disowns Bieber guys like Mahone or Cody Simpson will be irrelevant. Much like all those other wannabe boy bands in the early 00's.

Plus, Mahone has to wear a normal outfit. He's white. If he showed up with a pancho and sombrero, just imagine the reception.

TheGreatYacht
06-06-2014, 11:58 PM
Well duh, they're kids :lol but little mariachi (forgot his name) at least has mad range. Mahone is a typical 'phase' kind of singer, as soon as everyone officially disowns Bieber guys like Mahone or Cody Simpson will be irrelevant. Much like all those other wannabe boy bands in the early 00's.

Plus, Mahone has to wear a normal outfit. He's white. If he showed up with a pancho and sombrero, just imagine the reception.
That man said Mahone in a Poncho I'm logging off :lmao

heyheymymy
06-07-2014, 12:50 AM
lol xenophobes crying about crockett and mariachis, stfu skull

gospursgojas
06-07-2014, 01:04 AM
San Antonio is full of Mexicans...mariachis included. Get over it.

PÒÓCH
06-07-2014, 01:06 AM
Why can't they have Metalachi instead?

<font size="4">
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_5y5KrBoO8

Skull-1
06-07-2014, 01:08 AM
San Antonio is full of Mexicans...mariachis included. Get over it.

Yep. Fattest city in America. Viva la Raza!!! Lmfao.

Skull-1
06-07-2014, 01:08 AM
lol xenophobes crying about crockett and mariachis, stfu skull

Go back to Mexico with the other fat losers. Remember the Alamo!

davidbowie
06-07-2014, 01:09 AM
austin mahomie didnt even sound good. bieber wanna-be was straight trash

Skull-1
06-07-2014, 01:10 AM
austin mahomie didnt even sound good. bieber wanna-be was straight trash

Yup. He was terrible. Looked stupid in his jersey.

heyheymymy
06-07-2014, 01:13 AM
Go back to Mexico with the other fat losers. Remember the Alamo!

actually, im from tennessee like your hero crockett and im fine here, i love the mariachis their music and their outfits. i like it here, maybe if it bothers you so much, you should be the one to leave?

..............either that or shut the fuck up about it, ya ****.

Skull-1
06-07-2014, 01:19 AM
actually, im from tennessee like your hero crockett and im fine here, i love the mariachis their music and their outfits. i like it here, maybe if it bothers you so much, you should be the one to leave?

..............either that or shut the fuck up about it, ya ****.

Go anywhere you like. Just get the hell out of Texas. We don't need ya. We don't want ya. Or any of your cholo buddies.

Fuqn locusts.... Come in here to wreck my great state.... Screw you!

davidbowie
06-07-2014, 01:26 AM
http://i.imgur.com/HPl521e.jpg

LMAO

LoneStarState'sPride
06-07-2014, 01:30 AM
Some of y'all some sad niglets hating on the mariachi kid. It's the SAN ANTONIO Spurs. Be proud of our heritage as a city or get your gringo ass the fuck out.

Skull-1
06-07-2014, 01:40 AM
Some of y'all some sad niglets hating on the mariachi kid. It's the SAN ANTONIO Spurs. Be proud of our heritage as a city or get your gringo ass the fuck out.

Settled and made free by Texans/Texians not Mexicans. San Antonio probably has more claim to German heritage than Mexican. I don't see anybody dressed in Lederhosen on center stage. Why are Mexicans so special? We kicked their racist asses out of our country, the Republic of Texas, in shame. Now we kiss their ass with some stupid dork kid who can't sing dressed in a modern day mariachi suit??? Wtf???

Boerne. Wurzbach. Perrin-Beitel. Where are the Das Spurs jersies? And we have no Mexicans on the team but two French. How about Le Spurs????

Pandering. Pandering. Pandering.

Meskins about the most insecure, thin skinned pussies on the planet, well, the ones here in the US any way... Bunch of loser whiner crybabies, mostly. Pathetic. Nice chip on the shoulder from a culture that practiced cannibalism and human sacrifices. :lol

F u, too.

And gringos know how to fight. Be careful who you mess with, bitch.

BC3
06-07-2014, 01:44 AM

word up ese! pinche cvavalos. gsg n beyond!

Skull-1
06-07-2014, 01:45 AM
word up ese! pinche cvavalos. gsg n beyond!

Lmao! ^^^^ Can't spell in any language. :lol

LoneStarState'sPride
06-07-2014, 01:56 AM
Settled and made free by Texans/Texians not Mexicans. San Antonio probably has more claim to German heritage than Mexican. I don't see anybody dressed in Lederhosen on center stage. Why are Mexicans so special? We kicked their racist asses out of our country, the Republic of Texas, in shame. Now we kiss their ass with some stupid dork kid who can't sing dressed in a modern day mariachi suit??? Wtf???

Boerne. Wurzbach. Perrin-Beitel. Where are the Das Spurs jersies? And we have no Mexicans on the team but two French. How about Le Spurs????

Meskins about the most insecure, thin skinned pussies on the planet, well, the ones here in the US any way... Bunch of loser whiner crybabies, mostly. Pathetic. Nice chip on the shoulder from a culture that practiced cannibalism and human sacrifices. :lol

F u, too.

Bitch you should have saved your goddamn breath. I'm black and have a German/Irish heritage as well.

My point still stands. Hating on representing latino culture in San Anfuckingtonio is the most absurd thing I've ever come across. I'm proud of my Texan roots as well but that doesn't mean I get my drawers in a twist over mariachis being associated with the national anthem.

Fuk yo opinion, fool :lol

Skull-1
06-07-2014, 01:58 AM
Bitch you should have saved your goddamn breath. I'm black and have a German/Irish heritage as well.

My point still stands. Hating on representing latino culture in San Anfuckingtonio is the most absurd thing I've ever come across. I'm proud of my Texan roots as well but that doesn't mean I get my drawers in a twist over mariachis being associated with the national anthem.

Fuk yo opinion, fool :lol

We are Americans. Take the Latino shit back to Mexico. Or wherever the nation of "Latinostan" is. If Latino was so fuqn great they wouldn't be flooding our country we would be flooding theirs.

I am German and Irish also. Actually Prussian. You only see four flags in my house: Texas. USA. Marine Corps. Spurs.

We don't have to be pandered to like the "Latino" crybabies.

America has its own culture. We better embrace it or else we will be just another sh-t country like those we now pander to.

LakerHater
06-07-2014, 02:02 AM
What are the Spurs like 0 for _ when he sings?

Prime Time
06-07-2014, 02:04 AM
Don't really feel like getting into this argument, but America is supposed to be the land of diversity. A mariachi artist singing the National Anthem with pride is basically what makes America different than the majority of other countries.

Of course that's the PG version of it, in reality everyone is racist as shit.

Prime Time
06-07-2014, 02:07 AM
What are the Spurs like 0 for _ when he sings?
I'm confused about this argument. Didn't he sing in Game 3 or 5? I mean, I know he sang the national anthem twice last year - the time where he did it solo and the time where Julian Castro was with him. The Spurs went 2-1 in the home-stand.. so...

LoneStarState'sPride
06-07-2014, 02:08 AM
We are Americans. Take the Latino shit back to Mexico. Or wherever the nation of "Latinostan" is. If Latino was so fuqn great they wouldn't be flooding our country we would be flooding theirs.

I am German and Irish also. Actually Prussian. You only see four flags in my house: Texas. USA. Marine Corps. Spurs.

We don't have to be pandered to like the "Latino" crybabies.

America has its own culture. We better embrace it or else we will be just another sh-t country like those we now pander to.

First of all, Semper Fi. USAF over here (nb4"chairforce").

Recognizing the influence of other cultures isn't "pandering," nor does it make one any less American to appreciate such. I'm not implying that the USA is in any way inferior to Mexico or any other nation. My wife and I are both active duty and would die for this nation like any servicefolk worth their salt.

But in the same manner that she and I can appreciate and celebrate differences in our own personal heritage (she's white) without losing our sense of family, so too can we do with Latino (and other) cultures in SAtown.

It'd be one thing if like the arena calliope were Tejano music all the time or if the Silver Dancers were always wearing those fiesta dresses. That'd be over the top pandering.

But mariachis for the national anthem? Nah, come the hell on.

LakerHater
06-07-2014, 02:12 AM
I'm confused about this argument. Didn't he sing in Game 3 or 5? I mean, I know he sang the national anthem twice last year - the time where he did it solo and the time where Julian Castro was with him. The Spurs went 2-1 in the home-stand.. so...Oh okay then! Im not against him, I love him!
Im mexican & Italian & I LOVE & embrace my heritages!

LoneStarState'sPride
06-07-2014, 02:14 AM
I'm confused about this argument. Didn't he sing in Game 3 or 5? I mean, I know he sang the national anthem twice last year - the time where he did it solo and the time where Julian Castro was with him. The Spurs went 2-1 in the home-stand.. so...

Yup

Skull-1
06-07-2014, 02:17 AM
Don't really feel like getting into this argument, but America is supposed to be the land of diversity. A mariachi artist singing the National Anthem with pride is basically what makes America different than the majority of other countries.

Of course that's the PG version of it, in reality everyone is racist as shit.

No. America is supposed to be a place where anyone can come here and become an American. Diversity is divisive. Divided we fall. America is an idea. Embrace the idea or we die. Actually, we are dead already. We have been invaded and colonized. We are no longer the country of our founding in any form, except in small pockets. The experiment is finished.

Skull-1
06-07-2014, 02:18 AM
Oh okay then! Im not against him, I love him!
Im mexican & Italian & I LOVE & embrace my heritages!

Fuq your heritage. Love and embrace your country.

LoneStarState'sPride
06-07-2014, 02:20 AM
Diversity is divisive.

No.

You're a fool for thinking such.

Skull-1
First of all, Semper Fi. USAF over here (nb4"chairforce").

Recognizing the influence of other cultures isn't "pandering," nor does it make one any less American to appreciate such. I'm not implying that the USA is in any way inferior to Mexico or any other nation. My wife and I are both active duty and would die for this nation like any servicefolk worth their salt.

But in the same manner that she and I can appreciate and celebrate differences in our own personal heritage (she's white) without losing our sense of family, so too can we do with Latino (and other) cultures in SAtown.

It'd be one thing if like the arena calliope were Tejano music all the time or if the Silver Dancers were always wearing those fiesta dresses. That'd be over the top pandering.

But mariachis for the national anthem? Nah, come the hell on.

I was was born and raised in the Valley. My sister spoke Spanish before English. I am bilingual.

National Anthem, I would rather see the Air Force choir from Lackland sing it. Why a mariachi and not a cowboy? George Strait unavailable???

It is pandering. They pick the Mexicans and nobody else.

Semper Fi, brother. Go Falcons!

Prime Time
No. America is supposed to be a place where anyone can come here and become an American. Diversity is divisive. Divided we fall. America is an idea. Embrace the idea or we die. Actually, we are dead already. We have been invaded and colonized. We are no longer the country of our founding in any form, except in small pockets. The experiment is finished.

What is 'American' exactly? Would you prefer someone with his pants hanging down to his knees to where his entire ass showing? Because that's the only 'American' style I can think of. Or maybe you want someone dressed like Uncle Sam, can't get any more patriotic than that.

'American' in your mind is probably whatever the hell style we stole from Europe.

Skull-1
06-07-2014, 02:23 AM
What is 'American' exactly? Would you prefer someone with his pants hanging down to his knees to where his entire ass showing? Because that's the only 'American' style I can think of. Or maybe you want someone dressed like Uncle Sam, can't get any more patriotic than that.

'American' in your mind is probably whatever the hell style we stole from Europe.

Well, I am an 80s kid, be careful. I could scream out "high tops and parachute pants" at any moment! Lol

LoneStarState'sPride
06-07-2014, 02:24 AM
I was was born and raised in the Valley. My sister spoke Spanish before English. I am bilingual.

National Anthem, I would rather see the Air Force choir from Lackland sing it. Why a mariachi and not a cowboy? George Strait unavailable???

It is pandering. They pick the Mexicans and nobody else.

Semper Fi, brother. Go Falcons!

Good on you for being bilingual. I speak three myself, but that was just due to being a military brat growing up. SA was where my father was stationed most often.

And I love country music and love George Strait. But it's not this horrible horrible pandering that you're so petrified of, tbh.

Skull-1
06-07-2014, 02:29 AM
Good on you for being bilingual. I speak three myself, but that was just due to being a military brat growing up. SA was where my father was stationed most often.

And I love country music and love George Strait. But it's not this horrible horrible pandering that you're so petrified of, tbh.

Been watching it for 40 years, man. It is pandering. They cheer Mexico in the Olympics and World Cup down here, not the USA. It is sad. The subculture is not assimilating.

I don't ever hear, "Press 1 For German."

Thank you for your service, brother in blue.

LoneStarState'sPride
06-07-2014, 02:36 AM
Been watching it for 40 years, man. It is pandering. They cheer Mexico in the Olympics and World Cup down here, not the USA. It is sad. The subculture is not assimilating.

I don't ever hear, "Press 1 For German."

Thank you for your service, brother in blue.

I know, I spent most of my childhood in SA.

But that doesn't bother me, really, who they cheer for in the WC. Hell, yankees close to the northern border bitched about their neighbors cheering for Canada in the Olympics. America is a melting pot. But that doesn't mean that all other influences are erased once you get here. Hell, the demographics of the Spurs themselves is a prime example of this.

And likewise to you for your service. One of my best friends from SA growing up is a Marine now. Nothing but respect for that branch for me and my house.

hater
06-07-2014, 02:37 AM
Heat by 29 :pctoss

Skull-1
06-07-2014, 02:49 AM
I know, I spent most of my childhood in SA.

But that doesn't bother me, really, who they cheer for in the WC. Hell, yankees close to the northern border bitched about their neighbors cheering for Canada in the Olympics. America is a melting pot. But that doesn't mean that all other influences are erased once you get here. Hell, the demographics of the Spurs themselves is a prime example of this.

And likewise to you for your service. One of my best friends from SA growing up is a Marine now. Nothing but respect for that branch for me and my house.

:toast

~Sweetmelody~
06-07-2014, 02:59 AM
I am just going to get out of this thread and bite my tongue....

baseline bum
06-07-2014, 07:54 AM
Why? Why?

He's a great talent but he needs to change his outfit. The mariachi garb is bad mojo for the Spurs. He should wear a Spurs jersey and jeans. Showing Spurs spirit takes priority over everything else right now. If you are superstitious, this is terrible news. Had he just worn a Spurs jersey last year there would have been no controversy. Too bad his parents put him in that position. That's extremely selfish and arrogant for his parents to force him to be the center of attention and taking focus away from the game.

The Finals isn't the appropriate forum to show how supposed diverse we are in SA. Actually, mariachis have nothing to do with SA's history or culture. Don't know why our city leaders continue to push that ginned up myth.

:cry One of the most bitter losses in franchise history :cry

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201306110SAS.html

TampaDude
06-07-2014, 08:08 AM
Hey, I don't have a problem with Mexicans in general, but isn't the Alamo where Mexican troops slaughtered over 200 Texans? Just saying...

Then again, Germany and Japan are our allies now, so...

Ignignokt
06-07-2014, 08:19 AM
natural diversity is fine, so long as it's not ham fisted. I know your dream is to have a bieber clone get up there with his acadamey sports and outdoors wear and NB's croon up there, but this is San Antonio.

If you want your white purity go root for the timberwolves.

Dex
06-07-2014, 08:21 AM
He sang at Game 1 of the Dallas series, and we won that, so....

doobs
06-07-2014, 08:23 AM
Mariachis are the most annoying fucks, has nothing to do with race. Who likes them other than tourists (before they realize they have to pay them for each song)?

Obstructed_View
06-07-2014, 08:56 AM
Texas was established as part of Mexico. The caucasians who lived here worked side-by-side with native Mexicans to build the state. When Santa Anna dissolved the government and became a dictator, several Mexican states rebelled. Texas was the only one to defeat their army and gain their independence. If Santa Anna had gone to Texas first, it's pretty likely that most of Mexico would be US territory today.

What's funny is that a mexican will bitch about mariachis because he's embarrassed by them, and a gringo will bitch about mariachis because he thinks they represent illegal aliens. Both mindsets are equally ignorant and hilarious.

Obstructed_View
06-07-2014, 09:00 AM
Mariachis are the most annoying fucks, has nothing to do with race. Who likes them other than tourists (before they realize they have to pay them for each song)?

I'm born and raised in New Mexico, and lived in San Antonio for years. I like mariachi bands. Perhaps a better way to word it is, I have a respect for performing musicians, and I don't dislike mariachi bands.

But that's not really the point. San Antonio is a tourist town with a strong Mexican heritage. It's not like fucking mariachi bands are roaming the streets begging for money. If you don't like them, it's pretty easy to stay out of the touristy areas.

Das Texan
06-07-2014, 09:04 AM
I personally hate mariachi's.

Not for any reason than I just think 85% of their songs are shitty.

But I'd rather have the mariachi kid then that little faggot mahone sing again any day of the week.

Spurs are on at least a 1 game win streak with mariachi kid there anyway, so there's that.

Old School 44
06-07-2014, 09:16 AM
I have no issue with the Mariachi's or this kid, but this is the FINALS! Get some top notch, big name entertainers for the National Anthem and the halftime show.

Beaverfuzz
06-07-2014, 09:35 AM

The number on his jersey was embarrassing. Probably how much that little chump weighs soaking wet holding a 15 pound dumbbell!

Beaverfuzz
06-07-2014, 09:36 AM
I personally hate mariachi's.

Not for any reason than I just think 85% of their songs are shitty.

But I'd rather have the mariachi kid then that little faggot mahone sing again any day of the week.

Spurs are on at least a 1 game win streak with mariachi kid there anyway, so there's that.

AY AY AY AY
CANTA Y NO LLORES!

Strategic
06-07-2014, 09:44 AM
Political correctness is a bitch.

byrontx
06-07-2014, 10:08 AM
GTFO, Skull! It was Mexican before the thieving Anglos showed up. If anything is screwing up Texas it's ignorant asses like you. I appreciate the Hispanic heritage of the area I live in. Its part of my culture now (Irish descent-multi-generation Texan). How can you even claim immigration is wrecking Texas? It is one of the main reasons the economy here is rocking.

Poolboy5623
06-07-2014, 10:14 AM
Am I missing something? I thought he sang all 3 games last year and the spurs won 2/3 games?

LoneStarState'sPride
06-07-2014, 10:16 AM
Am I missing something? I thought he sang all 3 games last year and the spurs won 2/3 games?

Actually iirc the mariachi kid sang two of the games and Darius Rucker sang the other one (attracting a whole different set of haters, most likely :lol )

Poolboy5623
06-07-2014, 10:18 AM
Actually iirc the mariachi kid sang two of the games and Darius Rucker sang the other one (attracting a whole different set of haters, most likely :lol )

Sure...but why is everyone saying the spurs lose, when he sings? Re watch game 4...that one was on the spurs ..

EVAY
06-07-2014, 10:20 AM
This thread is proof positive that there is too much time between games 1 and 2 in this Finals.

LoneStarState'sPride
06-07-2014, 10:21 AM
Sure...but why is everyone saying the spurs lose, when he sings?

There are two sets of idiots in this thread:

Those wrongfully blaming the kid for jinxing Spurs games when he's sung before multiple wins, and those who take umbrage with what mariachi bands represent in San Antonio. Both are regoddamndiculous.

For the record, I'm on the side of the kid and mariachi bands in general. I miss shit like that living out of state.

DarrinS
06-07-2014, 10:52 AM
Go anywhere you like. Just get the hell out of Texas. We don't need ya. We don't want ya. Or any of your cholo buddies.

Fuqn locusts.... Come in here to wreck my great state.... Screw you!

You're an embarrassment.

Solid D
06-07-2014, 11:21 AM
For those who live outside of San Antonio and want to know...

As of the most recent census (2010), San Antonio's population:
63.2% of Hispanic or Latino origin.
26.6% of White origin
6.9% of Black or African American origin
2.4% of Asian origin
0.9% of American Indian and Alaska Native origin
0.1% of Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander origin

Trainwreck2100
06-07-2014, 11:59 AM

The kid only sang in Game 3 cause Rucker was stuck in traffic or something(which is why he was dressed up like he was) . Then Miami fans started talking shit so he got a do-over. Then Rucker sang in Game 5.

xellos88330
06-07-2014, 12:51 PM

F u, too.

Calling Mexicans crybabies and whiners when you are doing the same? It sounds like you have a chip on your shoulder as well. Pot meet kettle. Oh wait.... they are both black. I hope I didn't offend you.

The Hispanic culture is huge in San Antonio, so it is only right that in order to even keep the team financially sound, the Spurs market towards the Hispanic demographic. I thought all white folk new this. First and foremost, this country became great due to immigration, legal or not. Even the Caucasians benefitted from this with many European folks wanting an opportunity to break free from class based systems. I consider myself (being a person of multiracial descent) an American. You my friend have no idea what it means to be a REAL American. If you are indeed white, you need only to look at yourself to see why the Caucasians seem to be losing ground. You have become bitter, and angry just like the stereotype you look down on. #USA

ErnestLynch
06-07-2014, 12:58 PM
Whenever I hear Mariachi music, I get the urge to get piss drunk and drive on the sidewalk.

Southwest Texas Fan
06-07-2014, 01:03 PM
Hey, I don't have a problem with Mexicans in general, but isn't the Alamo where Mexican troops slaughtered over 200 Texans? Just saying...

True but some of those slaughtered at The Alamo were Hispanics fighting for Texas independence.

superbigtime
06-07-2014, 01:03 PM
No knock on the kids but can't we get a real singer for the national freaking anthem?

ErnestLynch
06-07-2014, 01:08 PM
Calling Mexicans crybabies and whiners when you are doing the same? It sounds like you have a chip on your shoulder as well. Pot meet kettle. Oh wait.... they are both black. I hope I didn't offend you.

The Hispanic culture is huge in San Antonio

My wife was born and raised in Spain and she takes exception to the idea that it's 'Hispanic' or Spanish culture. It's Mexican culture and more to the point, mostly indigenous mexican culture. About the only thing they have in common with Spain is the language, where it originated. So, yes my Spanish speaking friends, no one 'stole your land'. Your ancestors stole it, more than likely, from another one of your ancestors, right before they killed them.

TampaDude
06-07-2014, 01:28 PM
My wife was born and raised in Spain and she takes exception to the idea that it's 'Hispanic' or Spanish culture. It's Mexican culture and more to the point, mostly indigenous mexican culture. About the only thing they have in common with Spain is the language, where it originated. So, yes my Spanish speaking friends, no one 'stole your land'. Your ancestors stole it, more than likely, from another one of your ancestors, right before they killed them.

Hispanic is not the same as Spanish. Spanish people, that is, people from Spain, are European, not Hispanic.

TampaDude
06-07-2014, 01:31 PM
True but some of those slaughtered at The Alamo were Hispanics fighting for Texas independence.

Yeah, times change...we fought the British for independence, and now they are our staunchest allies. We fought Germany, Italy, and Japan in WWII, and now they are all our allies.

xellos88330
06-07-2014, 01:34 PM

So, basically you are saying that it is wrong to use Hispanic and culture together as "Hispanic" definitely would include Spain being the originator? I can understand the confusion if I am correct on this assumption. I myself was once confused by this and even took the time to look it up. I looked it up again for you.

The U.S. Census Bureau defines the ethnonym Hispanic or Latino to refer to "a person of Cuban, Mexican, Puerto Rican, South or Central American, or other Spanish culture or origin regardless of race.",[8] and states that Hispanics or Latinos can be of any race, any ancestry, any ethnicity.[9] Generically, this limits the definition of Hispanic or Latino to people from the Caribbean, Central and South America, or other Spanish culture or origin, regardless of race, distinctly excluding all persons of Portuguese origin.

I do think that perhaps I shouldn't use "Hispanic culture" to eliminate any future confusion. :P

rascal
06-07-2014, 01:35 PM
GTFO, Skull! It was Mexican before the thieving Anglos showed up. If anything is screwing up Texas it's ignorant asses like you. I appreciate the Hispanic heritage of the area I live in. Its part of my culture now (Irish descent-multi-generation Texan). How can you even claim immigration is wrecking Texas? It is one of the main reasons the economy here is rocking.

Right. The gringos squatted on the land and eventually fought and stole the land that was Mexican.

ErnestLynch
06-07-2014, 02:05 PM
Hispanic is not the same as Spanish. Spanish people, that is, people from Spain, are European, not Hispanic.

Sorta true. Include Portugal. Hispania is a PLACE. What constitutes Spain and Portugual. But back to Hispanic culture. Wifes parents live in New Orleans. Last name is Romero. New Orleans culture is Spanish/French. It doesn't resemble San Antonio in any way shape or form because it's not Mexican culture. 'Mexican' is a nationality. A nationality made of groups vastly different than that of Spain. To go into this immigration thing..the pure blood Hispanics have been driving out the indigenous of Mexico and Central America and repressing them for 200 years. Hell, 500 years. What's going on now is just short of ethnic cleansing, but no one ever wants to bring that up. I have no problem with them coming here, just remember, you're enemy is not us. Your enemy, is 'down there'. Always has been.

ChosenSavior
06-07-2014, 02:23 PM
This thread is proof positive that there is too much time between games 1 and 2 in this Finals.

Skull-1
06-07-2014, 02:32 PM

Our allies aren't trying to overrun our culture and destroy our society. They're just ruining our industries. "Pearl Harbor didn't work out so we got you with tape decks."

The problem is la raza has a long memory. They think gringos stole their lands and they intend to take them back, one neighborhood at a time. The most successful invasion in world history without firing a shot. For the most part (there are exceptions) they have no desire to become Americans and it shows.

Skull-1
06-07-2014, 02:32 PM
natural diversity is fine, so long as it's not ham fisted. I know your dream is to have a bieber clone get up there with his acadamey sports and outdoors wear and NB's croon up there, but this is San Antonio.

If you want your white purity go root for the timberwolves.

Meskins are white, stupid.

Birn
06-07-2014, 02:35 PM
People forget that citizens of Mexico have been fleeing that God forsaken place for over 500 years. The reason they flee is because Mexico has always been an oppressive and tyrannical country toward its citizens. Why anyone would want to celebrate that is just plain baffling. The little mariachi boy doesn't know any better. He's too young and it's sad to see his family put him through this.

As a Spurs fan and a proud Texan, I would like to see him in a Spurs jersey singing the anthem. In addition, our city has gotten away from proudly showing our Texas and San Antonio pride. It's time to bring back the Texas flags and "Come and Take It" flags that are so unique to Texas and San Antonio. Mariachis have nothing to do with the history of san Antonio or Texas. It's time for them to go away for good.

Mexicans slaughtered both anglos and texicans. There's nothing to celebrate or be proud of regarding that.

Skull-1
06-07-2014, 02:35 PM
Texas was established as part of Mexico. The caucasians who lived here worked side-by-side with native Mexicans to build the state. When Santa Anna dissolved the government and became a dictator, several Mexican states rebelled. Texas was the only one to defeat their army and gain their independence. If Santa Anna had gone to Texas first, it's pretty likely that most of Mexico would be US territory today.

What's funny is that a mexican will bitch about mariachis because he's embarrassed by them, and a gringo will bitch about mariachis because he thinks they represent illegal aliens. Both mindsets are equally ignorant and hilarious.

Mexicans are Caucasians you ignorant fuq.

Yes, Santa Anna was a dictator. He was Hitler before there was a Hitler. People forget that. The people of Texas did not like Mexico just like the colonies of the USA did not like Britain, and ethnicity had zilch to do with it.

CGD
06-07-2014, 02:36 PM

Skull-1
06-07-2014, 02:38 PM

Really, dumbass. Then give Mexico back to Spain, sh-thead!

Please explain to me how being flooded with a bunch of uneducated, unskilled wetbacks helps our economy. I am dying to know. Considering the Valley is the poorest, fattest, most Demonrat area of the state--and with the highest concentration of illegals and drugs--I find your contention laughable!

ErnestLynch
06-07-2014, 02:39 PM

Some are, some aren't. Are Mayans 'Caucasians'. Are the Aztecas and the whole host of other indigenous peoples of Mexico and south and central America 'Caucasian' ? No.

Skull-1
06-07-2014, 02:39 PM
Right. The gringos squatted on the land and eventually fought and stole the land that was Mexican.

There were plenty of Mexicans here at the time who wanted out, too, doofus.

Skull-1
06-07-2014, 02:41 PM
Some are, some aren't. Are Mayans 'Caucasians'. Are the Aztecas and the whole host of other indigenous peoples of Mexico and south and central America 'caucasion' ? No.

What percentage? I don't see Mexico giving those cannibals their land back. Funny how Mexico tries to export all their mestizos to America and nobody calls that bigotry. Lmfao!

Skull-1
06-07-2014, 02:42 PM
People forget that citizens of Mexico have been fleeing that God forsaken place for over 500 years. The reason they flee is because Mexico has always been an oppressive and tyrannical country toward its citizens. Why anyone would want to celebrate that is just plain baffling. The little mariachi boy doesn't know any better. He's too young and it's sad to see his family put him through this.

As a Spurs fan and a proud Texan, I would like to see him in a Spurs jersey singing the anthem. In addition, our city has gotten away from proudly showing our Texas and San Antonio pride. It's time to bring back the Texas flags and "Come and Take It" flags that are so unique to Texas and San Antonio. Mariachis have nothing to do with the history of san Antonio or Texas. It's time for them to go away for good.

Mexicans slaughtered both anglos and texicans. There's nothing to celebrate or be proud of regarding that.

BINGO.

Skull-1
06-07-2014, 02:43 PM
You're an embarrassment.

And yer a dumbarse.

ErnestLynch
06-07-2014, 02:44 PM
What percentage? I don't see Mexico giving those cannibals their land back. Funny how Mexico tries to export all their mestizos to America and nobody calls that bigotry. Lmfao!

I don't know. Look it up. Most of the population of Mexico is 'Mestizo'. 30% I believe is 100% indigenous, 20% or so is pure Spanish European decent. Smattering Germans and Jews and a few others.

Skull-1
06-07-2014, 02:45 PM
No knock on the kids but can't we get a real singer for the national freaking anthem?

I guess George Strait was unavailable.

Skull-1
06-07-2014, 02:46 PM
I don't know. Look it up. Most of the population of Mexico is 'Mestizo'. 30% I believe is 100% indigenous, 20% or so is pure Spanish European decent.

The whiter Mexicans hate the browner ones. Been that way for centuries.

Ignignokt
06-07-2014, 02:47 PM
Meskins are white, stupid.

:cry there are mexicans in san antonio!!

Skull-1
06-07-2014, 02:47 PM
:cry there are mexicans in san antonio!!

Yes there are. Which is why it is the fattest big city in America. Just saying...

I am am from the Valley, dude. San Antonio poseur Mexicans are a joke.

Ignignokt
06-07-2014, 02:51 PM

Mariachis didn't exist back in 1832. Mariachis came about the turn of the 20th century, and is part of vaquero cutlure which contributed to cowboy culture. Stormfaggot go eat a dick.

RD2191
06-07-2014, 02:52 PM
:sombrero:

Ignignokt
06-07-2014, 02:54 PM
Yes there are. Which is why it is the fattest big city in America. Just saying...

I am am from the Valley, dude. San Antonio poseur Mexicans are a joke.

First of, Mexicans arent' fat till they come to Burgerica land of the Upsize fries. Second, mariachi music is more authentic to texas than country music which was originally started by crooners up east and kike funded and started in new york and nashville in the 1940's.

ErnestLynch
06-07-2014, 02:56 PM
Why they flee..

In June 2011, General Héctor Mario López Fuentes was caught and charged with genocide and crimes against humanity. In August 2011, four soldiers were sentenced to 30 years for each murder plus 30 years for crimes against humanity, totaling 6,060 years each for the massacre in a village of Dos Erres in Guatemala's northern Petén region. The genocidal regime murdered over 200,000 and displaced 1.5 million indigenous peoples of Guatemala in a three year reign of terror.

Ignignokt
06-07-2014, 02:58 PM
So let me get this troo texans.

You'd rather the ****** kid sport a manu jersey and tejano ball fade, the go up and sing the star spangled banner all Usher like with nig melismas and grace notes?

How is this less degenerate than going up there and representing Tex mex culture in a mariachi suit and singing mariachis?

Do white people want to go to Hawaii and see Kikes dance in corporate suites and leys? No they want to experience the unique Islanders there doing their thing.

Go buy some bait, and chug all your lonestar Cletus.

RD2191
06-07-2014, 02:59 PM
What the hell are you guys even arguing? tbh

Ignignokt
06-07-2014, 03:01 PM

is this convo too ivory tower for the mestizo?

ErnestLynch
06-07-2014, 03:01 PM
First of, Mexicans arent' fat till they come to Burgerica land of the Upsize fries.. False. Mexico is the fattest nation on earth.

RD2191
06-07-2014, 03:03 PM
is this convo too ivory tower for the mestizo?
Listen, son, I don't even like tortillas.

ErnestLynch
06-07-2014, 03:11 PM
Anyway. I think they have the Mariachi band playing 'cause it's like 'nigga kryptonite. They should play during timeouts as far as I'm concerned.

weebo
06-07-2014, 03:19 PM
Gotta love it when honky 'murrrica goes into full blown panic at the thought of the big bad black/brown man coming for their seat at the front table. That's right inbred, keep shitin' your pants...they're coming for you. :lmao :lmao

ErnestLynch
06-07-2014, 03:22 PM
Nothing about a 9th grade education skerrs me.

Skull-1
06-07-2014, 03:26 PM
Gotta love it when honky 'murrrica goes into full blown panic at the thought of the big bad black/brown man coming for their seat at the front table. That's right inbred, keep shitin' your pants...they're coming for you. :lmao :lmao

Hand to hand, any less than twenty of them come for me and I still win. More than 30 if I have only one mag. I can't tell you how many fat Meskins I used to beat the shit out of as a kid. They always tried to fight in groups because they suck 1 v 1. They don't even bother taking me on nowadays. They take one look and remember the Alamo...

Honky America used to fear the subhuman Germans, too. But unlike the Meskins, the Germans assimilated. They are just as American as anyone. But Mexicans? Not even close. We kiss their butts and pander. We don't demand they step up their game like every other immigrant group has done.

That culture is destroying ours, just like they already wrecked theirs. Pretty funny stuff. Wait for me to laugh. Ha. Ha.

Skull-1
06-07-2014, 03:31 PM
Anyway. I think they have the Mariachi band playing 'cause it's like 'nigga kryptonite. They should play during timeouts as far as I'm concerned.

:lol

crc21209
06-07-2014, 03:44 PM
What a horrible thread. First off, just shut yout racist ass up, no one cares what you think about mariachis. 2nd of all, the Spurs blew out the Heat in Game 3 last year when he sang the national anthem..

ErnestLynch
06-07-2014, 03:52 PM
Yes it's all about who sings the National Anthem. You choose the wrong person. BAM, season over.

weebo
06-07-2014, 04:04 PM
Hand to hand, any less than twenty of them come for me and I still win. More than 30 if I have only one mag. I can't tell you how many fat Meskins I used to beat the shit out of as a kid. They always tried to fight in groups because they suck 1 v 1. They don't even bother taking me on nowadays. They take one look and remember the Alamo...

Honky America used to fear the subhuman Germans, too. But unlike the Meskins, the Germans assimilated. They are just as American as anyone. But Mexicans? Not even close. We kiss their butts and pander. We don't demand they step up their game like every other immigrant group has done.

That culture is destroying ours, just like they already wrecked theirs. Pretty funny stuff. Wait for me to laugh. Ha. Ha.

Well, shit. Then why so scurrred, hill billy? Looks like you can take on all comers from both Central/South America, yet you get your hair pulled in a massive way just because some bean colored kid is singin' 'murrrica's song in a Cinco de Mayo get-up.

No need to come off as some insecure Jethro just because some Tyrone or Julio laid the pipe on that trailor trash slut of yours. :lmao :lmao

Spurs da champs
06-07-2014, 04:13 PM
:lmao.

philldafunk
06-07-2014, 04:28 PM
During the finals I think we should spring for some grammy winners or something.

Juan
06-07-2014, 04:46 PM
I was surprised to see so much red hot chili pepper songs, William B Travis remember the Alamo bits, and a regular well spoken white kid doing the anthem in game 1. Definitely a big change compared to last year. Last years Finals had that Hispanic flavor all over it for three games. They still gave the upper deck some Danny trejo and I think a small mariachi bit but it was nice to feel like I was in America for a Spurs game for once. (No offense, this is coming from the minority, I love the city of San Antonio and have no problem with Hispanics)

ErnestLynch
06-07-2014, 04:50 PM
During the finals I think we should spring for some grammy winners or something.

When the economy tanked in 2008, the entertainment in NBA game halftime shows took a dive, intentionally. Not because they don't have the money, but because it wasn't considered 'good form' when so much of the public was hurting.

Never forget the NBA tenaciously protects their image.

Skull-1
06-07-2014, 04:55 PM
I was surprised to see so much red hot chili pepper songs, William B Travis remember the Alamo bits, and a regular well spoken white kid doing the anthem in game 1. Definitely a big change compared to last year. Last years Finals had that Hispanic flavor all over it for three games. They still gave the upper deck some Danny trejo and I think a small mariachi bit but it was nice to feel like I was in America for a Spurs game for once. (No offense, this is coming from the minority, I love the city of San Antonio and have no problem with Hispanics)

Well said. Just be prepared to be called a nazi, racist, bigot despite being well-spoken, rational, and reasonable on the subject.

Skull-1
06-07-2014, 04:59 PM
Well, shit. Then why so scurrred, hill billy? Looks like you can take on all comers from both Central/South America, yet you get your hair pulled in a massive way just because some bean colored kid is singin' 'murrrica's song in a Cinco de Mayo get-up.

No need to come off as some insecure Jethro just because some Tyrone or Julio laid the pipe on that trailor trash slut of yours. :lmao :lmao

Suck it homer. If Mexico, et. al., is so great why are they all coming here?

Like locusts. Texas is awesome because it isn't California or New York. America is awesome because it isn't Mexico or China. These idiots don't get that. They come to a great place from a sh-thole and proceed to try turning the great place they live into the garbage dump they left. Fuqn ridiculous.

spurtech09
06-07-2014, 05:09 PM
Go back to Mexico with the other fat losers. Remember the Alamo!Not cool at all......show some respect

spurtech09
06-07-2014, 05:15 PM
why are people so evil?The vibe in this thread is not good at all......

mclinejr
06-07-2014, 05:26 PM
I'd rather have the little mariachi over Darius Rucker. That dude's terrible.

mclinejr
06-07-2014, 05:28 PM
Skull-1 with the goods as usual. :lmao

ErnestLynch
06-07-2014, 05:29 PM
Smoke another doob, you'll be fine.

Skull-1
06-07-2014, 05:39 PM
Skull-1 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=44046) with the goods as usual. :lmao

Skull-1
06-07-2014, 05:40 PM
Not cool at all......show some respect

Do you have any idea what the Mexican army did to its prisoners of war? Do you have a clue what these border jumpers do to each other--not to mention the environment--on the way up here??? Ever seen a "rape tree"? And yet we kiss their asses?

Please!

Show respect for YOUR country.

ErnestLynch
06-07-2014, 06:07 PM
Rape Trees FTW !!

spurtech09
06-07-2014, 06:13 PM
Do you have any idea what the Mexican army did to its prisoners of war? Do you have a clue what these border jumpers do to each other--not to mention the environment--on the way up here??? Ever seen a "rape tree"? And yet we kiss their asses?

Please!

Show respect for YOUR country.Is everything ok with you?

spurtech09
06-07-2014, 06:14 PM
someone needs to lay off the beer

Skull-1
06-07-2014, 06:23 PM
Rape Trees FTW !!

We have them down here in the Valley on the ranches. Look it up. It is vile, gruesome stuff.

Skull-1
06-07-2014, 06:23 PM
someone needs to lay off the beer

Someone needs to to grow a pair.

LoneStarState'sPride
06-07-2014, 07:12 PM
I'd rather have the little mariachi over Darius Rucker. That dude's terrible.

Incorrect.

noles1983
06-07-2014, 07:37 PM

thats some bullshit right there :nope

Birn
06-07-2014, 07:38 PM
Remember that as Americans we pledge allegiance to the United States of America. When you glorify and promote a country that has historically committed crimes against humanity for hundreds of years that is absolutely shameful and disgusting. I'll say it again, mariachi's have nothing to do with the history of San Antonio. Do you ever wonder why Miami doesn't promote the history of Castro's regime? You'll never find anyone in Florida wearing Cuban revolution army gear or anything else related to that regime. Hell Los Angeles has twice as many Hispanics as San Antonio and we never see mariachi's at their public events. It's very sad to see our great city degenerate so fast.

Ignignokt
06-07-2014, 08:22 PM
False. Mexico is the fattest nation on earth.

had to have been recently lol, because Murica was leading for a long bit. China's obesity rates are soaring, it's all a trend america has been setting.

Ignignokt
06-07-2014, 08:26 PM
Remember that as Americans we pledge allegiance to the United States of America. When you glorify and promote a country that has historically committed crimes against humanity for hundreds of years that is absolutely shameful and disgusting. I'll say it again, mariachi's have nothing to do with the history of San Antonio. Do you ever wonder why Miami doesn't promote the history of Castro's regime? You'll never find anyone in Florida wearing Cuban revolution army gear or anything else related to that regime. Hell Los Angeles has twice as many Hispanics as San Antonio and we never see mariachi's at their public events. It's very sad to see our great city degenerate so fast.

Good goy!

Mexico wasn't the country that fire bombed Dresden, Germany because it was being controlled by the Zionist masters. Lol white race, good one. Nice to know your blue pilled gramps fought for the Jew on Normandy and allowed for the Russian Mongols to rape German women. Now you're a bitch of Israel but....

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/486/448/2df.png

Ignignokt
06-07-2014, 08:31 PM
But we got dem mariachis at the Gates!!!

https://img.4plebs.org/boards/pol/image/1385/91/1385919949568.png

mclinejr
06-07-2014, 08:35 PM
Incorrect.

"Incorrect" = "I have bad taste in music."

Ignignokt
06-07-2014, 08:38 PM

F u, too.

Your German Heritage meant shit to America in 1945, atleast Mexico attempted to side with Germany.

'Murica fuck yeah!!!
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d8/Fotothek_df_ps_0000123_Frauenleichnam_in_einem_Luf tschutzkeller.jpg/581px-Fotothek_df_ps_0000123_Frauenleichnam_in_einem_Luf tschutzkeller.jpg

DarrinS
06-07-2014, 08:39 PM
This thread is pretty damn sad

Birn
06-07-2014, 08:45 PM
Yes it's all about who sings the National Anthem. You choose the wrong person. BAM, season over.

It sure does. Our only home loss last finals was when they trotted out the little mariachi. I don't mind the little kid singing the anthem but we need every ounce of our crowd to be at the top of their game. If he wears a spurs jersey instead of the mariachi garb that helps our crowd and, most importantly, it helps us get the spurs players pumped and ready. But no, we have to place political correctness above all things

Biernutz
06-07-2014, 09:05 PM
The kid can really sing. No one can say he can't but he has worn the same clothes every time he has sung...
He must have another outfit! A Spurs jersey and jeans would be o.k.

hater
06-07-2014, 09:08 PM
:lmao Skull trolling da fuck out of niggas :lol

r0drig0lac
06-07-2014, 09:12 PM
it does not matter, we have SpurPadre, Spurs in 4

DarrinS
06-07-2014, 09:13 PM
Strange that we have a team with the most foreign-born players, yet some "fans" take issue with a kid who was BORN IN SAN ANTONIO singing the anthem. SMFH

DarrinS
06-07-2014, 09:14 PM
The kid can really sing. No one can say he can't but he has worn the same clothes every time he has sung...
He must have another outfit! A Spurs jersey and jeans would be o.k.

Why is the outfit a big deal?

MoSpur
06-07-2014, 10:03 PM
LOL at Internet tough guys talking crap about some kid singing the National Anthem. Lame

Biernutz
06-07-2014, 10:04 PM

you're right the outfit should not matter so why does he wear the same thing every time. Is that his trademark?
Is he only a mariachi singer? I only know the kid because I have seen him sing a lot at the Spurs games.

DarrinS
06-07-2014, 10:09 PM
you're right the outfit should not matter so why does he wear the same thing every time. Is that his trademark?
Is he only a mariachi singer? I only know the kid because I have seen him sing a lot at the Spurs games.

Yes, he is a mariachi singer. He was on America's Got Talent in 2012.

Biernutz
06-07-2014, 10:13 PM
Yes, he is a mariachi singer. He was on America's Got Talent in 2012.

Did he win?

LakerHater
06-07-2014, 10:25 PM
LOL at Internet tough guys talking crap about some kid singing the National Anthem. Lame

LoneStarState'sPride
06-07-2014, 11:01 PM
"Incorrect" = "I have bad taste in music."

Your druthers on my music tastes don't amount to a hill of beans, nigga.

Birn
06-07-2014, 11:36 PM

Because it represents the glorification
and promotion of a tyrannical and oppressive country. Mariachis have nothing to do with SA's history or culture so why keep shoving this crap on us every time we make the finals. I'd much rather see him wearing a Spurs jersey or a US flag outfit.

RD2191
06-07-2014, 11:39 PM
and promotion of a tyrannical and oppressive country. Mariachis have nothing to do with SA's history or culture so why keep shoving this crap on us every time we make the finals. I'd much rather see him wearing a Spurs jersey or a US flag outfit.
:lmao

moisaenz
06-07-2014, 11:48 PM
I am Mexican and I hate the stereotypical mariachi wearing image of Mexicans, and yes Mexico has been oppressed by either tyrants or socialist elites.

mclinejr
06-07-2014, 11:49 PM
Your druthers on my music tastes don't amount to a hill of beans, nigga.

Okay.

TE
06-07-2014, 11:49 PM
rofl this thread again. It's like fast forwarding to a year and we're here at the same place.

Birn
06-08-2014, 12:02 AM
Spurs must win tomorrow night so we can talk about something more uplifting. Mariachis are embarrassing and depressing

DarrinS
06-08-2014, 12:25 AM
Mariachis are cultural and non threatening.

TheGreatYacht
06-08-2014, 01:46 AM
Spurs must win tomorrow night so we can talk about something more uplifting. Mariachis are embarrassing and depressing
We got ourselves a truther

hater
06-08-2014, 03:10 AM
Mariachis are allright in my book. Its the tejano quebradita bullshit that needs to die.

jag
06-08-2014, 06:22 AM
I think Holt should move the Spurs to an American city.
That's just me though

TampaDude
06-08-2014, 06:35 AM
Strange that we have a team with the most foreign-born players, yet some "fans" take issue with a kid who was BORN IN SAN ANTONIO singing the anthem. SMFH

^ this...fucking this.

Wow, this thread sure went to hell in a hurry. :lol

z0sa
06-08-2014, 06:51 AM
...that Mariachi kid stole a real American kid's job! Little bastard looks like hes straight from a Mexican street corner and hes on live television singing the goddamn anthem! This is bullshit! Even worse, I been tuned in for six straight hrs and not even Fox fuckin news covering this shit, goddamnit this country is nothing but a bunch of spineless worthless turds nowadays.

TampaDude
06-08-2014, 06:53 AM
...that Mariachi kid stole a real American kid's job! Little bastard looks like hes straight from a Mexican street corner and hes on live television singing the goddamn anthem! This is bullshit! Even worse, I been tuned in for six straight hrs and not even Fox fuckin news covering this shit, goddamnit this country is nothing but a bunch of spineless worthless turds nowadays.

:lmao

Obstructed_View
06-08-2014, 06:58 AM

How would you like it worded, princess? Should I call them cholos or locusts? :lol irony at you calling someone ignorant.

superbigtime
06-08-2014, 08:12 AM
i would be fatally embarrassed if someone in my family was a mariachi. Good thing i'm not hispanic.

DarrinS
06-08-2014, 08:38 AM
Lol

http://spanish.about.com/cs/culture/f/germanmusicqa.htm

weebo
06-08-2014, 08:40 AM
i would be fatally embarrassed if someone in my family was a mariachi. Good thing i'm not hispanic.

Yes,yes...white robes and hoods are more your inbred family's style. Hey, why don't you get your little son-cousin-brother to wear traditional red neck garb to one of the Spurs games? Maybe he and that little bean colored mariachi can duet the fuck out of the NA.

TheGreatYacht
06-08-2014, 08:52 AM
THIS IS AH MURRICA

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
06-08-2014, 08:53 AM
Skull 1' go fuck yourself.

My family has been living in Texas for nearly 500 years. Were part of De Soto expedition. Fought for Texas independence. I am mostly Spanish amd German with a little indian. Your thoughts on this subject just solidifies what we all know, that you are a narrow minded fool.

Being an American is an idea. either you embrace its ideals or you don't. Look around u and you will see half of so called American living here for generations don't believe in them, let alone know what they are. When America was founded, it consist of native Indians, Germans,dutch, English, Spanish,French,etc etc. what brought these people together, well most fled Europe to flee catholic persecution, and they wanted a place where all men could be free. Go read history of these men, and then read the declaration of Indepedence and Constitution.

And mariachis actually came from the Spanish in mexico. That is why they where the traditional Spanish noble attire of 1800s. And it has a lot influence of Spanish gypsy music and German polka. The polka part of it I dislike, which is German not Mexican.

What Is ruining this country isn't Mexicans, it's moral decay.

skulls138
06-08-2014, 09:01 AM
What Is ruining this country isn't Mexicans, it's moral decay.Which is on full display here. People got to lighten up. This whole planet has been formed and changed by war and rape, no one is above it.

superbigtime
06-08-2014, 09:40 AM
Yes,yes...white robes and hoods are more your inbred family's style. Hey, why don't you get your little son-cousin-brother to wear traditional red neck garb to one of the Spurs games? Maybe he and that little bean colored mariachi can duet the fuck out of the NA.

haha great idea! :lol i'm pretty sure mariachis are hispanic. i'm not so therefore it can be extrapolated that no one in my family is a mariachi.

jag
06-08-2014, 09:54 AM
What Is ruining this country isn't Mexicans, it's moral decay.

It's partly Mexicans though. Let's just be real.

xmas1997
06-08-2014, 09:55 AM
Geez, much ado about nothing!
Some will complain if they were hung with a NEW rope!

Budkin
06-08-2014, 12:10 PM
Twitter will explode again.

Mugen
06-08-2014, 12:15 PM
It's partly Mexicans though. Let's just be real.

Spur|n|Austin
06-08-2014, 12:23 PM
Whenever I hear Mariachi music, I get the urge to get piss drunk and drive on the sidewalk.

gameFACE
06-08-2014, 12:24 PM
Sebastian will be wearing his SILVER and BLACK tonight! Go Sebastian! Go Spurs!

http://binaryapi.ap.org/8663fbd79759423c8ec112b32b5c4f4f/460x.jpg

(Where do you think the Spurs silver & black colors come from........?)

ErnestLynch
06-08-2014, 12:56 PM
My family has been living in Texas for nearly 500 years. Were part of De Soto expedition.

Yes yes and 'my family' goes back to the Hector and the Mayflower, both sides. BUT, BUT, so do several MILLION other peoples 'families'. Just as several million others came from the Spanish settlers. There are 25 million descendants of the Miles Standish group alone, in America.

I will illustrate then you can extrapolate:

You have 2 parents
4 grand-parents
8 great grand-parents
16 great great grand-parents

18 generations out, you're talking 64,000, 19 generations out 128,000, 20 generations 256,000

I am a descendant of Charlemagne. Big whoop. So are millions of others.

So, pretty much everyone has 'been here' somewhere in their family history since the beginning of Europeans in the Americas, even if they just arrived. If you have any indigenous blood which most Mexican heritage people do, then you go back 16,000 years and eventually, to Asia.

It is called 'the family of man' for a reason. It is, one giant family. But ..you know how family is.

maurolv
06-08-2014, 02:46 PM
Happy to see Sebastien back. Sad to see the amount of ignorance and racism taking place in SpursTalk.

TheGreatYacht
06-08-2014, 03:38 PM
Sebastian will be wearing his SILVER and BLACK tonight! Go Sebastian! Go Spurs!

http://binaryapi.ap.org/8663fbd79759423c8ec112b32b5c4f4f/460x.jpg

(Where do you think the Spurs silver & black colors come from........?)
Ahhhh so he'll go with generic Mariachi costume #2 ... Nice choice IMO

myhc
06-08-2014, 04:20 PM
Fuck all the ignorant racist bastards. Fuck you all. I'm a proud Mexican American, born and raised here. If you don't like the Mariachi kid, fine, you're entitled to your opinion. I'm entitled to tell you ignorant fucks to go to hell. You know us Mexicans know how to multiply pretty fast. That must scare all the suppressed white folks in here. God damn, and our freakin roster is the most multi ethnic in the league and we have a segment our of fanbase that thinks like this? Fuck em.

shazork
06-08-2014, 04:20 PM
so many racist douchebags on this site…sad to think that you root for my team. they'd disown you all in a heartbeat.

LoneStarState'sPride
06-08-2014, 04:32 PM
God damn, and our freakin roster is the most multi ethnic in the league and we have a segment our of fanbase that thinks like this? Fuck em.

This tbqfh

FkLA
06-08-2014, 04:52 PM
Puro pinche Spurs tbh.

Obstructed_View
06-08-2014, 05:08 PM

The bigots are escalating. It's like a staring contest for stupid people.

Birn
06-08-2014, 06:00 PM
Fuck all the ignorant raciintellectual ards. Fuck you all. I'm a proud Mexican American, born and raised here. If you don't like the Mariachi kid, fine, you're entitled to your opinion. I'm entitled to tell you ignorant fucks to go to hell. You know us Mexicans know how to multiply pretty fast. That must scare all the suppressed white folks in here. God damn, and our freakin roster is the most multi ethnic in the league and we have a segment our of fanbase that thinks like this? Fuck em.

Look in the mirror, pal. You're hate and lack of intellectual honesty is making it clear that you harbor deep resentment and racist beliefs against those that simply disagree with you. Rather than hurl insults and profanity try using logic and reason to make your argument. You're a sad little man.

Just one question...which country do you pledge allegiance to? Are you proud to be an American?

Skull-1
06-08-2014, 08:22 PM
had to have been recently lol, because Murica was leading for a long bit. China's obesity rates are soaring, it's all a trend america has been setting.

Thanks to to all the Mezkins here we are far and away worse than we used to be and have lost any hope of improving on the fatness scale/BMI Rankings. But I do love me some greasy Tex-Mex, I cannot lie. :lol

Skull-1
06-08-2014, 08:23 PM
:lmao Skull trolling da fuck out of niggas :lol

Skull-1
06-08-2014, 08:24 PM

Why does he insist on dressing like a poorly implemented caricature of a bankrupt culture that isn't American? Lmfao!

Skull-1
06-08-2014, 08:24 PM

Right the heck on brother!

Skull-1
06-08-2014, 08:26 PM
I am Mexican and I hate the stereotypical mariachi wearing image of Mexicans, and yes Mexico has been oppressed by either tyrants or socialist elites.

And it is sad they can't rise up and overthrow those oppressive scumbags who run things. They have a great country--resource rich and plenty of natural beauty. Too bad....

Skull-1
06-08-2014, 08:28 PM
Mariachis are allright in my book. Its the tejano quebradita bullshit that needs to die.

The best Mariachi ever is the SWIFFER DUSTER COMMERCIAL. "Baby come back...." (Guitar) *Dee, nee-nee, nee-nee, nee-nee*

Skull-1
06-08-2014, 08:30 PM
Yes yes and 'my family' goes back to the Hector and the Mayflower, both sides. BUT, BUT, so do several MILLION other peoples 'families'. Just as several million others came from the Spanish settlers. There are 25 million descendants of the Miles Standish group alone, in America.

I will illustrate then you can extrapolate:

You have 2 parents
4 grand-parents
8 great grand-parents
16 great great grand-parents

18 generations out, you're talking 64,000, 19 generations out 128,000, 20 generations 256,000

I am a descendant of Charlemagne. Big whoop. So are millions of others.

So, pretty much everyone has 'been here' somewhere in their family history since the beginning of Europeans in the Americas, even if they just arrived. If you have any indigenous blood which most Mexican heritage people do, then you go back 16,000 years and eventually, to Asia.

It is called 'the family of man' for a reason. It is, one giant family. But ..you know how family is.

Lynch with the pwnage.

Skull-1
06-08-2014, 08:31 PM
Fuck all the ignorant racist bastards. Fuck you all. I'm a proud Mexican American, born and raised here. If you don't like the Mariachi kid, fine, you're entitled to your opinion. I'm entitled to tell you ignorant fucks to go to hell. You know us Mexicans know how to multiply pretty fast. That must scare all the suppressed white folks in here. God damn, and our freakin roster is the most multi ethnic in the league and we have a segment our of fanbase that thinks like this? Fuck em.

Are you a Mexican or an American? Pick one and live there. Dual allegiance is no allegiance at all.

You multiply fast because you all die of diabetes or arteriosclerosis at 50. :lol Meh. Not scared. :lmao

Skull-1
06-08-2014, 08:33 PM
so many racist douchebags on this site…sad to think that you root for my team. they'd disown you all in a heartbeat.

Racist? I hate everyone equally. I am equal opportunity hate monger. :lol

Skull-1
06-08-2014, 08:34 PM
Look in the mirror, pal. You're hate and lack of intellectual honesty is making it clear that you harbor deep resentment and racist beliefs against those that simply disagree with you. Rather than hurl insults and profanity try using logic and reason to make your argument. You're a sad little man.

Just one question...which country do you pledge allegiance to? Are you proud to be an American?

No, he is not. Hence the many anti-America/pro-Mexico statements veiled within his writing above.

Arcadian
06-08-2014, 08:43 PM
:lmao this fucking thread

Shaolin-Style
06-08-2014, 09:49 PM
The curse of the little mariachi continues!

TheGreatYacht
06-08-2014, 10:00 PM
BUMP

Get that little voice cracking embarrassment out of the AT&T Center

noles1983
06-08-2014, 10:01 PM
fuck that little nino

Capt Bringdown
06-08-2014, 10:01 PM
Little dude set the tone for chokes with his choking vocals. Enough with this kid!

blkroadrunners
06-08-2014, 10:03 PM
Let another kid have their chance. Geez!

TheGreatYacht
06-08-2014, 10:06 PM
Little dude set the tone for chokes with his choking vocals. Enough with this kid!

Skull-1
06-08-2014, 11:51 PM
Let another kid have their chance. Geez!

Another quota hire!

dg7md
06-08-2014, 11:54 PM
Fuck this kid tbh.

TheGreatYacht
06-08-2014, 11:55 PM
#StopMariachis2014

$pursDynasty
06-08-2014, 11:56 PM
It's a karma thing no offense he sang we lost, time to try someone else. He seems unlucky to me now.

Skull-1
06-08-2014, 11:56 PM
#StopMariachis2014
:lol :lol

Skull-1
06-08-2014, 11:57 PM
It's a karma thing no offense he sang we lost, time to try someone else. He seems unlucky to me now.

When you get in Americans' faces with blatant pandering to those subverting our culture you get what's coming to ya'. :bang

Ice009
06-09-2014, 12:00 AM
What a stupid thread.

Sure, that little kid made us lose the game. Spurs lost the game, not that kid.

TheGreatYacht
06-09-2014, 12:03 AM
The OP saw this coming. Salute

Spur|n|Austin
06-09-2014, 12:05 AM
http://i.imgur.com/GbSMlAq.gif

Malik Hairston
06-09-2014, 12:07 AM
:lol I have never even heard of this kid, but good thread OP..

Skull-1
06-09-2014, 12:08 AM

LMFAO!!!

TheGreatYacht
06-09-2014, 12:09 AM
People are too quick smh :lmao

EIC
06-09-2014, 12:22 AM
Fuck that mariachi kid. Nobody gives a fuck that some shameless parents squeezed their precocious, mediocre, equally shameless singer of a son into a mariachi uniform and trotted him out to half court to sing the national anthem. It was cute the first time, now it's costing the Spurs rings. GTFO.

bobcatfan4life
06-09-2014, 12:23 AM
Lol

TheGreatYacht
06-09-2014, 12:31 AM
Fuck that mariachi kid. Nobody gives a fuck that some shameless parents squeezed their precocious, mediocre, equally shameless singer of a son into a mariachi uniform and trotted him out to half court to sing the national anthem. It was cute the first time, now it's costing the Spurs rings. GTFO.

DMX7
06-09-2014, 01:32 AM
Fuck

TheGreatYacht
06-09-2014, 05:28 AM
Fuck this kid

Spur|n|Austin
06-09-2014, 12:38 PM
There better not be a chance that little Sebastian makes another appearance for Game 5, tbh.

Jimcs50
06-09-2014, 12:42 PM
Seriously???? This is the reason why Spurs lost?

And there is a full moon coming so better stay off streets too, cuz the warewolves will be afoot.

Skull-1
06-09-2014, 12:48 PM
Werewolves aren't real. This little punk is.

06-09-2014, 12:51 PM
Werewolves aren't real. This little punk is.:lol

myhc
06-09-2014, 12:51 PM
When you get in Americans' faces with blatant pandering to those subverting our culture you get what's coming to ya'. :bang

You seem upset by the little foreigner. I hope he comes back for game 5. Maybe it'll cause your blood pressure to sky rocket and you suffer a stroke lol.

Skull-1
06-09-2014, 12:52 PM
You seem upset by the little foreigner. I hope he comes back for game 5. Maybe it'll cause your blood pressure to sky rocket and you suffer a stroke lol.
Not likely.

Oh, Gee!!
06-09-2014, 01:21 PM
why does Obama keep making the NBA put this kid on TV?

Beaverfuzz
06-09-2014, 01:27 PM
Bring back the chick who sang game 1....oh that was a boy? :downspin:

spurtech09
06-09-2014, 01:34 PM
the only reason spurs lost is because skull-1 is the devil...the demon that he is :|

spurtech09
06-09-2014, 01:35 PM
Lmao

LongtimeSpursFan
06-09-2014, 01:48 PM
I thought he was great. His performance was better than the teenager that sang in game 1. It's great to see SA with so much young homegrown talent. Let's hope the person that sings for game 5 is female.

Skull-1
06-09-2014, 01:49 PM
LOL "Talent."

06-09-2014, 01:52 PM
Any word on whether the Heat will fly him to Miami to sing the anthem for games 3 & 4?

Skull-1
06-09-2014, 11:40 PM
Any word on whether the Heat will fly him to Miami to sing the anthem for games 3 & 4?

:lol :lol

TheGreatYacht
06-10-2014, 03:38 AM
I thought he was great. His performance was better than the teenager that sang in game 1. It's great to see SA with so much young homegrown talent. Let's hope the person that sings for game 5 is female.
What homegrown talent is there in SA? Andre Roberson? Devin Brown? That's all I can come up with

Skull-1
06-10-2014, 11:45 AM
What homegrown talent is there in SA? Andre Roberson? Devin Brown? That's all I can come up with

George Strait is from Pearsall so he doesn't count...

Hmmmmmm...... Good trivia question, TGY.

phxspurfan
06-10-2014, 11:48 AM
His voice was very inconsistent, like the Spurs offense

TheGreatYacht
06-10-2014, 12:00 PM
George Strait is from Pearsall so he doesn't count...

Hmmmmmm...... Good trivia question, TGY.
Austin Mahone and Devin Brown.. That's the best the 7th most populated city could make smh

Gervin44Silas13
06-10-2014, 01:30 PM
fucking little shit!!!!

Skull-1
06-14-2014, 06:00 PM

Carol Burnett, but she is 81....

Trainwreck2100
06-14-2014, 06:04 PM
Why would you bump this it made me think he was singing game 5

Skull-1
06-14-2014, 06:11 PM
Why would you bump this it made me think he was singing game 5

He is being saved for Game 7.

MeloHype
06-14-2014, 06:37 PM

Mugen
06-14-2014, 07:07 PM
Thank god that little jinx is gone.

DJR210
06-14-2014, 08:24 PM
Thank god that little bastard is gone.

Beaverfuzz
06-14-2014, 08:33 PM
Thank god that little jinx is gone.

That that little Mexican Peter Brady.

Birn
06-14-2014, 09:06 PM
Yes!!!!!!!!!! Its over folks. Spurs will be crowned 2014 NBA Champs tomorrow night.

This is the best news for today.

This gal is absolutely gorgeous too!

The Sebastien hex has finally been exorcized.

$pursDynasty
06-14-2014, 09:32 PM
Spurs should have brought in little Heat singer, she has been a real good luck charm, lol.

Skull-1
06-14-2014, 09:59 PM
Spurs should have brought in little Heat singer, she has been a real good luck charm, lol.

And way more talented than the Miniature Mariachi.

Trainwreck2100
06-14-2014, 10:08 PM
Colby callat is pretty bad tbqj

Skull-1
06-14-2014, 10:24 PM
Colby callat is pretty bad tbqj

Which does not speak well of the little Mariachi...