PDA

View Full Version : Heat: Ethan Strauss: White people hate Lebron..

Malik Hairston
06-08-2014, 01:36 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2014/story/_/page/mindoffan/how-fans-see-lebron-james

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/68792/lebrons-value-evident-in-absence

Good reads, tbh..

So, why do you guys think Lebron's popularity has increased/maintained with Black and Hispanic fans, but decreased dramatically with Whites?..

spurraider21
06-08-2014, 01:39 AM
interesting read, though i would like to see the figures of which player was the highest vote getter among white fans

Malik Hairston
06-08-2014, 01:40 AM
Also, the boy AI predicted this, too:wow..

kEjowp1qIiw

spurraider21
06-08-2014, 01:46 AM
that article shows 13% as being a low number, but 13% still makes LeBron the NBA's most liked player :rollin

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1718038-lebron-james-once-again-nbas-most-popular-player-according-to-espn-poll

xtremesteven33
06-08-2014, 01:47 AM
Lebron is a blue collar kinda dude. Hard worker no matter what his career wouldve been. Probably resonates better with latinos/blacks. As for why some white people I dont know. Racism could be a factor still. Lebron isnt really well spoken and didnt go to college so that could be it.

Malik Hairston
06-08-2014, 02:03 AM
The White man sure loves him some Dad Killer, though..

"Jump higher Michael, stick your tongue out, we'll give you a million"

hehateme
06-08-2014, 02:09 AM
I would believe this if it weren't for the majority of Mexicans here in SA that hate his guts.

xtremesteven33
06-08-2014, 02:10 AM
Lebron just isnt as attractive as MJ. Jordan always came off as the kind of dude you wanted to hang out with and talk to. MJ was so charismatic and original the fact that he was a black man never really stood out. Lebron will never be like MJ because of that simple fact. People wanted to be like Mike, people dont wanna be like Lebron.

Malik Hairston
06-08-2014, 02:11 AM
Reminds me of when the great Jim Brown said Lebron would leave Cleveland because of the way he's treated by Cavs fans(mostly White), tbh..

Malik Hairston
06-08-2014, 02:12 AM
Lebron just isnt as attractive as MJ. Jordan always came off as the kind of dude you wanted to hang out with and talk to. MJ was so charismatic and original the fact that he was a black man never really stood out. Lebron will never be like MJ because of that simple fact. People wanted to be like Mike, people dont wanna be like Lebron.

Jordan is probably the biggest Uncle Tom in NBA history:lol, that's why White people love him..

He also benefited from the lack of social media and reporting in his era..from everything we have heard about Jordan off the court, he was a terrible teammate and a piece of shit, as a person..his Hall of Fame speech shed some light on his personality, too..

Jacob1983
06-08-2014, 02:17 AM
A lot of the hate is brought on by Lebron himself. The Decision tarnished him for life. His arrogance and cockiness are extremely annoying. The insecurity is also annoying too.

lefty
06-08-2014, 02:18 AM
Jordan is probably the biggest Uncle Tom in NBA history:lol, that's why White people love him..

He also benefited from the lack of social media and reporting in his era..from everything we have heard about Jordan off the court, he was a terrible teammate and a piece of shit, as a person..his Hall of Fame speech shed some light on his personality, too..
Det agenda

xtremesteven33
06-08-2014, 02:19 AM

He also benefited from the lack of social media and reporting in his era..from everything we have heard about Jordan off the court, he was a terrible teammate and a piece of shit, as a person..

What made him a bigger "Unlce Tom"? If you want to look at it that way than I would say they are on the same level. Both get paid to do the same shit basically. Jordan set so many different standards it wont be outdone ever. The only way Lebron can be considered better than MJ is if he wins more than him. Kobe will never be considered on Jordans level because hes so overrated. The media putting him in the same category are either stupid or have other motives.

Infinite_limit
06-08-2014, 02:20 AM
that article shows 13% as being a low number, but 13% still makes LeBron the NBA's most liked player :rollin

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1718038-lebron-james-once-again-nbas-most-popular-player-according-to-espn-poll
Exactly. Whites & Asians look down on Basketball players in general. Pound for pound the NBA is dumbest collection of athletes

There is a distinct difference between MJ/Kobe & James. And it's Rap culture. James isn't respected beyond being a dribble slave.

spurraider21
06-08-2014, 02:41 AM
:cry everybody hates lebron, ignore that he was voted among fans as the most popular player

Infinite_limit
06-08-2014, 02:52 AM
:cry everybody hates lebron, ignore that he was voted among fans as the most popular player
The key word being Fans. Who did you expect to win a vote consisting of NBA drones? Durant, Blake, or Curry? Meh.

NBA won't halt decline in popularity with

James: X-time MVP who struggles to Win Titles although he's a member of Superfriends
Blake: Fragile player part of Coup to overthrow owner during a Playoff run
Durant: Reining MVP turn Sidekick in the Conference Finals

spurraider21
06-08-2014, 03:34 AM
The key word being Fans. Who did you expect to win a vote consisting of NBA drones? Durant, Blake, or Curry? Meh.

NBA won't halt decline in popularity with

James: X-time MVP who struggles to Win Titles although he's a member of Superfriends
Blake: Fragile player part of Coup to overthrow owner during a Playoff run
Durant: Reining MVP turn Sidekick in the Conference Finals
of course we're talking about fans. you think i give a shit what non-nba watchers care about the players? :lol

tired of hearing about how "everyone hates lebron, he's public enemy #1" when he's the most talked about player in the media and is the most popular player among fans. HH posted an article about how white people don't like lebron as much as, say, blacks... but he's probably still the most popular nba player among white fans, maybe just less decisively

Kidd K
06-08-2014, 03:56 AM
Alright, I'm tired of that stupid ass, super specific statistic being used to pretend like there's some kind of racism at play when it in no way reflects it.

It's a huge error in logic to assume anything based solely on the fact that LeBron is not the "favorite" player of whites. How the fuck does that mean whites hate him? :lol They can still like him, just not list him as their favorite anymore since he fled to Miami to have an easier go of it.

You can extrapolate other random conclusions from the same data. For example, the favorite player of blacks tend to be the superstar who's winning titles. MJ, Kobe, LeBron. So couldn't one then say blacks are frontrunning, fairweather bandwagon fans based on the same data pool? It's just as logical a conclusion if not moreso since who their favorite player is specifically ties into that conclusion, whereas ties to racism have fuck all to do with a specific black player being their favorite after he fled to Miami and was an arrogant douche for a year.

Whites don't like Westbrook either. Must be racism, and not the fact that he's a no class douchebag on the court.

Franklin
06-08-2014, 05:40 AM
Agree with my nigga Jacob you never saw people hating the younger Great Satan that much while he was playing in Cleveland imho. The hatred among Cavs fans against Satan soon spread all over the country, though idiots from other countries (like Canada) still want to suck his dick.

Def Rowe
06-08-2014, 06:24 AM
What's to like.. He took a big public shit on his own home team, not even allowing the Cavs to do a sign and trade, all in the name of vanity.

lakaluva's wallet
06-08-2014, 06:30 AM
This is why the forum went to shit.

DMX7
06-08-2014, 07:18 AM
He left Cleveland where most of the basketball fans are white and went to Miami where a lot of the basketball fans are black and cuban (hispanic). Surprise, surprise.

benefactor
06-08-2014, 07:40 AM
Not surprising at all. Most blacks and Mexicans aren't knowledgeable fans. They just bandwagon popular teams/players. Blacks are worse than Mexicans though. There's one at my work who is both a Spurs fan and a Kobe fan.:lol

UZER
06-08-2014, 08:29 AM
Why does everything have to be about race? Sometime people just don't like someone because they just don't like him. Kobe raped and everyone still loves him.

This attempt to always bring it back to race is just stupid.

~O~
06-08-2014, 08:35 AM
Not surprising at all. Most blacks and Mexicans aren't knowledgeable fans. They just bandwagon popular teams/players. Blacks are worse than Mexicans though. There's one at my work who is both a Spurs fan and a Kobe fan.:lol

They'll only root for the best player and the best player only. Most have no dedication to being fans of basketball. I know people that say LeBron James is their favorite player not knowing or watching a lick of basketball for insufficient amount of time. Hell, they don't even know what 5 seconds back to the basket is.

There are only a few...and I mean just a few that filter through the delusions and its usually the college students and graduates.

Trill Clinton
06-08-2014, 08:44 AM
whites inherently hate blacks period but in regards to lebron, its because he's not an uncle tom sambo like kobe or cheese eyeshttp://i62.tinypic.com/6f5szr.png

him playing in cleveland around all those craccas and leaving on his own terms really pissed white america off. they felt slighted. they don't like it when a brotha is his own boss and makes power moves like that. they'd prefer he be a good little nigga and stay there for the fans and be loyal, fucc winning a ring lol. the decision was a big http://i59.tinypic.com/2yycv9j.png to craccas and they been salty ever since, double entendre.

bron also speaks up on social issues dealing with race so that also pisses them off as well, they hate that. white people get mad and hold grudges over some petty shit as you can see. he kinda reminds me of myself in a sense. i'd say about 90% of spurstalk hates my guts cuz i keep it trill and don't play the uncle tom part.

Clipper Nation
06-08-2014, 09:12 AM
Det agenda
Nah, those facts, tbh.... Dad Killer was a piece of shit off the court and carried by Pippen and Stern on the courtPERIOD

Clipper Nation
06-08-2014, 09:14 AM
Why does everything have to be about race? Sometime people just don't like someone because they just don't like him. Kobe raped and everyone still loves him.
I don't think race has anything to do with it, but you have to admit that a rapist snitch bitch being beloved by NBA fans while LeBron is despised for switching teams in free agency is absurd :lol

Koolaid_Man
06-08-2014, 09:24 AM
Exactly. Whites & Asians look down on Basketball players in general

please...those fucking Asians are going apeshit nuts over Kobe....

Y4X1W3YLlEA

Koolaid_Man
06-08-2014, 09:26 AM
whites inherently hate blacks period but in regards to lebron, its because he's not an uncle tom sambo like kobe or cheese eyeshttp://i62.tinypic.com/6f5szr.png

him playing in cleveland around all those craccas and leaving on his own terms really pissed white america off. they felt slighted. they don't like it when a brotha is his own boss and makes power moves like that. they'd prefer he be a good little nigga and stay there for the fans and be loyal, fucc winning a ring lol. the decision was a big http://i59.tinypic.com/2yycv9j.png to craccas and they been salty ever since, double entendre.

bron also speaks up on social issues dealing with race so that also pisses them off as well, they hate that. white people get mad and hold grudges over some petty shit as you can see. he kinda reminds me of myself in a sense. i'd say about 90% of spurstalk hates my guts cuz i keep it trill and don't play the uncle tom part.

you got it all wrong homie...Kobe is hated not because he's an uncle tom but because he fucked a white chic in the ass who screamed rape....if you seriously look at it..Timmy is a fucking uncle Tom out of this world...just listen to the way that nigga talks

Koolaid_Man
06-08-2014, 09:27 AM
The White man sure loves him some Dad Killer, though..

"Jump higher Michael, stick your tongue out, we'll give you a million"

Your insecurity regarding MJ and Kobe shows BIG TIME. You're an immature homosexual

resistanze
06-08-2014, 09:38 AM
Exactly. Whites & Asians look down on Basketball players in general. Pound for pound the NBA is dumbest collection of athletes

How did you determine that? Football and Hockey players brains turn into putty after they retire, for a fraction of the NBA player's salary. Sounds dumber me.

PingPong
06-08-2014, 09:47 AM
I think most white people should hate Westbrook. If he had same relevance LeBron has. Older whites don't like Lebron because of his "lack of loyalty" to Cleveland. A miserable fatherless nig is turned into a basketball superstar and he leaves. Whites value loyalty, blacks and latinos don't give a fuck about ethics, they like to see the nig bullying another players and dunking. Whites consider it lack of loyalty, no matter how inept the Cavs FO was. There's some hypocrisy, tbh. But the younger white people doesn't care about it. Thats all.

jag
06-08-2014, 10:18 AM
Bron is the best player in the world so he's under a spotlight. While under said spotlight, he sometimes acts like a nig from the projects. He's gotten better, but sometimes he just cant hide it. White people don't like nigs from the projects.

Such is life

CitizenDwayne
06-08-2014, 10:34 AM
Maybe people just don't like him? Why is that such a big deal? Why does there have to be a deep-seeded psychological reason (racism) for not liking a player? Lebron fans are just as insecure as the man himself. There are plenty other reasons to dislike him:

- Media overexposure
- His occasional lack of humility (saying "about damn time" when he won his first ring)
- Reputation of being a choker and/or whiny
- The Decision
- His lack of public speaking ability and apparent lack of communication skills
- His 'fans'

I didn't like Jordan, either. This article reeks of try-too-hard and OP's Lebron-guzzling shtick is fucking old.

benstanfield
06-08-2014, 10:37 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHSLw8DLm20

benstanfield
06-08-2014, 10:37 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmwJipHdqpA

benstanfield
06-08-2014, 10:39 AM
Two of the most cringeworthy moments in NBA history, plastered nonstop all over ESPN for fans of football, baseball, hockey, golf etc to see.

JoeTait75
06-08-2014, 11:00 AM
Race-baiting from a guy with the last name "Strauss?" Stop the presses!

Two10Whitey
06-08-2014, 11:09 AM
If it isn't religion it's this dumb shit :lol

DMX7
06-08-2014, 11:22 AM

Bullshit... no, they don't -- at least not any more than they do football players or jocks in general. And NBA players not any dumber than that of other pro major pro sports. In fact, there are a lot of smart NBA players -- look no further than David Robinson and Tim Duncan.

UZER
06-08-2014, 11:23 AM
I don't think race has anything to do with it, but you have to admit that a rapist snitch bitch being beloved by NBA fans while LeBron is despised for switching teams in free agency is absurd :lol

That's my point. People still love Kobe regardless.

LeBron, people don't like...it's gotta be because he's black. Its just such a lazy argument.

ErnestLynch
06-08-2014, 11:27 AM
Lebron is a blue collar kinda dude. Hard worker no matter what his career wouldve been. Probably resonates better with latinos/blacks. As for why some white people I dont know. Racism could be a factor still. Lebron isnt really well spoken and didnt go to college so that could be it.

Racism is a funny thing ...just when you're trying to explain it in someone else, you reveal it in yourself.

ErnestLynch
06-08-2014, 11:33 AM
This is the same as the Obama argument. Using this model, no one can ever criticise someone that is not their own race or, not like anything that is associated with another race. As someone pointed out, it's just intellectually lazy and downright stupid.

IrisHockey
06-08-2014, 12:33 PM
White NBA fans think they're smarter than they really are

xtremesteven33
06-08-2014, 12:48 PM
Racism is a funny thing ...just when you're trying to explain it in someone else, you reveal it in yourself.

Are you speaking in general or are you calling me a racist?

Infinite_limit
06-08-2014, 12:58 PM
Bron is the best player in the world so he's under a spotlight. While under said spotlight, he sometimes acts like a nig from the projects. He's gotten better, but sometimes he just cant hide it. White people don't like nigs from the projects.

Such is life
This is it

Whites over the age of 25 H-A-T-E ghetto glorification. People hate the notion of a guy never attending college, never having a job while earning Millions of Dollars dribbling a ball but not evolving as a Human being and glorifying the deadbeat Past he grew up in. James is not a good role model or realistic hero for Black Americans. Without his god given basketball abilities he is on welfare, prison or grave

How did you determine that? Football and Hockey players brains turn into putty after they retire, for a fraction of the NBA player's salary. Sounds dumber me.
NBA players

- More likely to come from broken family
- Attend the least amount of College
- Pound for pound hear more about cheating thru college (Rashad McCants @ UNC)
- Big prima donnas in Sports

m>s
06-08-2014, 01:45 PM
people actually still care who the liberal media throws the "r-word" at these days? i wear it like a badge of honor.

m>s
06-08-2014, 01:49 PM
i don't hate lebron but there have been times he's annoyed me with his whole racist black militant shtick. people tend to notice when people don't like them..and it's clear lebron is a racist from the time he and wade were disrespecting dirk before one of the finals games in 2011. it was the game where dirk was sick and the 2 n1gg3rs were coming to the arena fake coughing for the camera mocking dirk because he's white..they would have never done that to a black superstar like kobe or durant. then that whole "i'm not going to play as long as donald sterling is still the owner of the clippers" thing....implying that he's taking a stand against big mean whitey (too stupid to notice that sterling is a yid). hate to break it to you chump but like morgan freeman said, stfu no one is holding you back in 2014 you're a millionaire and whites spend their hard earned money to watch you play.

PingPong
06-08-2014, 01:58 PM
Asians don't have their own opinion about anything. Those fuckers just follow the hype. Maybe MJ isn't hated as Bron because in this era, internet didn't ecxist and his image was just what the media and the business wanted. Nowadays, the internet spread anything about anybody, truth or not. It's easier to some overexposed athlete or celebrity have their image shattered. To make it worse Lebron isn't exactly good at PR.

D-Wade
06-08-2014, 02:11 PM
i don't hate lebron but there have been times he's annoyed me with his whole racist black militant shtick. people tend to notice when people don't like them..and it's clear lebron is a racist from the time he and wade were disrespecting dirk before one of the finals games in 2011. it was the game where dirk was sick and the 2 n1gg3rs were coming to the arena fake coughing for the camera mocking dirk because he's white..they would have never done that to a black superstar like kobe or durant. then that whole "i'm not going to play as long as donald sterling is still the owner of the clippers" thing....implying that he's taking a stand against big mean whitey (too stupid to notice that sterling is a yid). hate to break it to you chump but like morgan freeman said, stfu no one is holding you back in 2014 you're a millionaire and whites spend their hard earned money to watch you play.

Now this is race bating. What a ridiculous take :lol

IrisHockey
06-08-2014, 02:48 PM
Ethan Strauss is a real nigga.. HH was right about the new-age media

I'm convinced that if we cloned Jordan, he'd get ridiculed as a loser who would never be as good as Jordan

Buddy Mignon
06-08-2014, 03:04 PM

Lebron is a buck dancing Sambo in every sense of the word. But, an Uncle Tom he is not!!! And neither is Kobe. Uncle Tom was considered an honorable man who gained even the respect of his enemies. Oddly enough, most black people attach that name to someone who is a sell out, or a kiss ass to white people. The story of Uncle Tom couldn't be further from the truth. Uncle Tom's Cabin is one of the most popular anti-slave books in history... you should check it out.

UZER
06-08-2014, 03:11 PM
Lebron is a buck dancing Sambo in every sense of the word. But, an Uncle Tom he is not!!! And neither is Kobe. Uncle Tom was considered an honorable man who gained even the respect of his enemies. Oddly enough, most black people attach that name to someone who is a sell out, or a kiss ass to white people. The story of Uncle Tom couldn't be further from the truth. Uncle Tom's Cabin is one of the most popular anti-slave books in history... you should check it out.

:lol like they read.

Malik Hairston
10-31-2014, 06:10 PM
:lol LeCoon's White popularity with a substantial jump after returning to Cleveland and Massah Gilbert..smh..

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/70784/mind-of-the-fan-lebrons-homecoming

Mao Zedong
10-31-2014, 07:35 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2014/story/_/page/mindoffan/how-fans-see-lebron-james

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/68792/lebrons-value-evident-in-absence

Good reads, tbh..

So, why do you guys think Lebron's popularity has increased/maintained with Black and Hispanic fans, but decreased dramatically with Whites?..

Maybe whites dislike sellouts, dunno.

lefty
10-31-2014, 07:38 PM
http://media.giphy.com/media/G0J8kISDkoFSE/giphy.gif
http://media.giphy.com/media/9ihEuauwelLaw/giphy.gif
http://media.giphy.com/media/dQQ5qxq1Psa6Q/giphy.gif
http://media.giphy.com/media/TvIj1WmYjh1Cw/giphy.gif

http://media.giphy.com/media/tbvKXLMyE7KYU/giphy.gif
http://media.giphy.com/media/b0Y1SDaznt7QA/giphy.gif
http://media.giphy.com/media/xcK8OEhwRNmHS/giphy.gif