PDA

View Full Version : Beware Mr. Baker

ohmwrecker
06-08-2014, 08:51 AM
Documentary about Ginger Baker on Netflix. Anyone seen it? It's fucking fantastic.

TeyshaBlue
06-08-2014, 09:05 AM
No...but I'll check it out today. Ought to be good....he has alot of HSO's on everything. :D

mrsmaalox
06-08-2014, 10:27 AM
One of my favorite music docs! I had a drummer friend whose favorite band is The Police, and several years ago I tried to get him to closely listen to some Cream because I thought Stewart Copeland sounded so much like Ginger Baker----of course he scoffed saying Cream sounded "terrible". Then when I saw Beware Of Mr Baker, I felt so vindicated on my opinion. My friend finally saw it and made it a point to say "You were right!" :)

Ginger Baker is quite a character and so is Stewart Copeland.

koriwhat
06-08-2014, 12:12 PM
ted vermeer is a cool docu too... at least i thought it was.

leemajors
06-08-2014, 02:49 PM
Documentary about Ginger Baker on Netflix. Anyone seen it? It's fucking fantastic.

I heard about it a few years ago, he talks shit about Bonham on it right? Glad it's finally on there, the Thank You Mr Watterson is now too

ohmwrecker
06-08-2014, 10:55 PM
I heard about it a few years ago, he talks shit about Bonham on it right? Glad it's finally on there, the Thank You Mr Watterson is now too

Sort of, but he kind of rips new assholes on everybody.

Avante
06-09-2014, 02:21 AM
Cream doesn't get the credit they deserve. And Blind Faith is pretty much a footnote. Ginger Baker/Eric Clapton as iconic as any two members of the same band. Hmmmmmm.....maybe a notch below McCartney and Lennon.

"Sunshine of Your Love"....a classic.

Infinite_limit
06-09-2014, 02:29 AM
Entertaining film. With Clapton still green in his abilities, you could argue he was the weak link in Cream.

Documentary argues Baker was a Jazz drummer.

How amazing is it that Baker doesn't have some sort of cancer from smoking?

Sad the way he treated his son in the end. And he doesn't seem to be much of a father to the new kids in Africa

How bout that sexy Blonde he was baggin on his final legs? And he still blew it.

Just an angry scorned man. But one hell of a drummer. Cream were Gods

ohmwrecker
06-09-2014, 08:22 AM
Baker has such a scorched earth approach to human relationships that it's unbelievable that anyone in his life still cares about him. He is perfect example of a tortured artist, but there are plenty of great artists who weren't complete assholes. I feel bad that he could never reconcile his demons, but at some point, everyone has to get past their struggles or die miserable. My only hope for Ginger Baker is that he dies on his drum stool or a horse because those were the only things that gave him joy.