PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: Duncan v Kobe: NOT a debate

Ghazi
06-08-2014, 11:09 AM
Im not sure why people think these legacies are even close. Kobes efficiency and defense were garbage by the time he was 30, Duncan might be winning a title as the best player on a team
At age 38. Kobe has arguably never been the best player on the planet, and is kinda like a rich mans Lin where his marketability / status as a icon rather than a legend elevates him
To overrated status

DMX7
06-08-2014, 11:13 AM
So true. But the Laker Bandwagon is going to be up in arms with the Lin comparison.

Ghazi
06-08-2014, 11:17 AM
Durants 2013-2014 season > any season Kobe has ever had

Ghazi
06-08-2014, 11:17 AM
Lebron the past 6 year > any year Kobe has ever had

lakaluva's wallet
06-08-2014, 11:21 AM
Kobe is not even playing yet people are still making his threads.

Koolaid_Man
06-08-2014, 11:32 AM

Just like the republicans Obama derangment syndrome. Lol....Ghazi must be a sspecial kinda fool if he things his bullshit analysis will change my mind about Kobe.

Mugen
06-08-2014, 11:32 AM
Big Ghaz tbh.

Buddy Mignon
06-08-2014, 12:01 PM
Kobe's dominance over the league has caused niggas to fall off their rocker.

Cry Havoc
06-08-2014, 12:47 PM

Hmmm, interesting point. The Lakers aren't even playing, yet Lakerfan is still making threads.

IrisHockey
06-08-2014, 12:53 PM
Kobe w/o Shaq is 4-1 against Duncan in h2h playoffs. That has to amount to something

xtremesteven33
06-08-2014, 12:58 PM
Kobe had the heart and will to be the best. Just not the game to back it up. The fact that he has such a poor shooting percentage has to account for something. Always overrated defensively and overrated as a team leader. Fisher was the true leader of those Laker teams. Give it to Kobe that he wants it though. Hell just never have it.

spurraider21
06-08-2014, 01:29 PM
Kobe w/o Shaq is 4-1 against Duncan in h2h playoffs. That has to amount to something
it was one series, and lets not forget the spurs would have wiped the floor with them anyway if he didn't tear his achilles

KL2
06-08-2014, 01:54 PM

Let's not pretend he's done it by himself now, he's needed the GOAT head coach and ridiculously stacked teams with insane size to succeed. In fact I'd say Kobe was the reason those teams didn't reach their full potential, despite their dominance they struggled multiple times in the playoffs with very close games, the Rockets come to mind, when I think T-Mac got injured, I remember their series with OKC was quite close as well. At the end of the day they were just too stacked too fail and the talent/size of the other teams in the NBA was just too much. Kobe wasn't the reason those teams were great, their sheer size was, match up problems galore.

I honestly rank Dirk ahead of Kobe, the one year they gave him some help defensively with Chandler, he carried that team, Kobe has never done anything close to that in his entire career. Stats look great on paper, however they don't fully reflect if that player actually made his team better. As far as I'm concerned Kobe has only 1 somewhat legit Finals MVP.

jARS mEsH sEt
06-08-2014, 04:34 PM
Kobe's a better 1 on 5 player. He'll give you a solid 39-41% shooting from the field going 1 on 5.

I just heard ESPN radio claim that Lebron ranks 3rd after Kobe and Jordan (just ranking those 3) because Jordan and Kobe brought it on the defensive end.

Lebron's offense > Kobe's offense.
Lebron's defense >>> Kobe's defense.

jARS mEsH sEt
06-08-2014, 04:34 PM
Plus Kobe played second banana to Shaq for 3 rings and to Pau for 1 ring.

Clipper Nation
06-08-2014, 04:37 PM
Plus Kobe played third banana to Shaq and Horry for 3 rings and to Pau and Odom for 2 rings.

fify

lakaluva's wallet
06-08-2014, 04:42 PM
Funny, Ghazi creates a thread titled Duncan v Kobe: Not a debate, then immediately debates with himself Duncan V Kobe.

FkLA
06-08-2014, 04:44 PM
I just heard ESPN radio claim that Lebron ranks 3rd after Kobe and Jordan (just ranking those 3) because Jordan and Kobe brought it on the defensive end.

Lebron's offense > Kobe's offense.
Lebron's defense >>> Kobe's defense.

Been listening to a lot of Ticket 760 these past couple days. Fox Sports guys are actually saying stupid shit like 'if LeBron loses these Finals he will never surpass Kobe or MJ' or 'he will never join those two on the Mt. Rushmore'.

:huh:

Infinite_limit
06-08-2014, 04:51 PM
IMO

Kobe was more dominant at one single period of time
Duncan had the superior career

weebo
06-08-2014, 05:12 PM
kirby is and will always be a glorified tmac

Franklin
06-08-2014, 05:53 PM
Then where do you rank the 06' Dwayne Wade, tbh?

Buddy Mignon
06-08-2014, 06:02 PM
Kobe had the heart and will to be the best. Just not the game to back it up. The fact that he has such a poor shooting percentage has to account for something. Always overrated defensively and overrated as a team leader. Fisher was the true leader of those Laker teams. Give it to Kobe that he wants it though. Hell just never have it.

Bill Russell shot 56% from the FT line and 44% from the field... just absolutely pathetic!!! Yet, he won... and that's all that counts. Ray Allen shoots 45% from the field, which is lower than Kobe, but somehow you nerds claim he's a great shooter. You can't have it both ways. Either Allen's a poor shooter right along with Kobe or Kobe's a great shooter right along with Allen.

Now how's that for handcuffing a nigga.:lmao

spurraider21
06-08-2014, 06:23 PM
allen is the nba's all time 3 point leader. kobe is career 33.5% shooter from 3. Kobe was always better than allen at getting to the rim, which is why his FG% is higher. its a good thing. bryant should have gone to that more and being patient for good looks instead of killing his FG% with the worst shot selection in nba history

namlook
06-08-2014, 06:36 PM
This thread is so spot on. Fisher was arguably more important to the lakers success than Kobe.

Thebesteva
06-08-2014, 06:52 PM
This thread is so spot on. Fisher was arguably more important to the lakers success than Kobe.

Kobe was carried by Gasol and Shaq. Honestly, if not for playing for the Lakers franchise, he would have been another Tim Hardaway

FkLA
06-08-2014, 07:00 PM
IMO

Kobe was more dominant at one single period of time
Duncan had the superior career

High volume shooting=scoring=dominance?

Buddy Mignon
06-08-2014, 07:04 PM
allen is the nba's all time 3 point leader. kobe is career 33.5% shooter from 3. Kobe was always better than allen at getting to the rim, which is why his FG% is higher. its a good thing. bryant should have gone to that more and being patient for good looks instead of killing his FG% with the worst shot selection in nba history

What about Manu... he shoots 45%, lower than Kobe. I've never heard any of you mention how poor of a shooter he is. All you hear is how much of a winner he is... especially since he shitted on Jim in the Olympics.

spurraider21
06-08-2014, 07:06 PM
What about Manu... he shoots 45%, lower than Kobe. I've never heard any of you mention how poor of a shooter he is. All you hear is how much of a winner he is... especially since he shitted on Jim in the Olympics.
nobody here is arguing manu is a top 10 great. although it would have been interesting to see how many ppg manu could put up if he was misused as a #1 option like kobe was

100%duncan
06-08-2014, 08:07 PM
Truth Bombs by DAT DUDE

Kidd K
06-08-2014, 08:24 PM
Been listening to a lot of Ticket 760 these past couple days. Fox Sports guys are actually saying stupid shit like 'if LeBron loses these Finals he will never surpass Kobe or MJ' or 'he will never join those two on the Mt. Rushmore'.

:huh:

LOL. As if Kobe's anywhere near being on the NBA's Mt. Rushmore. He's just barely on the Lakers' Mount Rushmore, and that's only due to having tenure over superior Lakers like Shaq and Wilt.

Arnold Toht
06-08-2014, 08:28 PM
Im not sure why people think these legacies are even close. Kobes efficiency and defense were garbage by the time he was 30, Duncan might be winning a title as the best player on a team
At age 38. Kobe has arguably never been the best player on the planet, and is kinda like a rich mans Lin where his marketability / status as a icon rather than a legend elevates him
To overrated status

You let Miami take everything in O6. They asked for some change, down thirteen in game three, you gave them your bank account. You silly bastard, you. :lmao

Venti Quattro
06-08-2014, 08:48 PM
You'll never take 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009 and 2010 from us :cry tbh :cry

spurraider21
06-08-2014, 09:32 PM
You let Miami take everything in O6. They asked for some change, down thirteen in game three, you gave them your bank account. You silly bastard, you. :lmao
As long as Duncan rings.

Killakobe81
06-08-2014, 09:59 PM
Dat nicca Kobe not even as good as Horry who has more rings. Give me Manu over Bryant. Kobe - Shaq - MVPau = Iverson ...

KaiRMD1
06-08-2014, 10:27 PM
Laker fan believes Shaq doesn' exist without kobe but normal people know that three of Kobe's titles don't exist without ol' shaq

Clipper Nation
06-08-2014, 10:28 PM
Dat nicca Kobe not even as good as Horry who has more rings. Give me Manu over Bryant. Kobe - Shaq - MVPau = Iverson ...

Killa with the truthbombs, except Kirby is actually Monta Ellis without MVPau or Shaq to carry him....

namlook
06-09-2014, 01:29 AM
Killa with the truthbombs, except Kirby is actually Monta Ellis without MVPau or Shaq to carry him....

Fisher was more important to the Lakers than Pau or Kobe. Pau was 0 -13 in the playoffs before joining Fisher. Pau and Kobe also never won without Fisher. Fisher leaves and Kobe and looks like a mortal. Not a coincidence.

TDMVPDPOY
06-09-2014, 03:09 AM
if it comes to choke jobs, enrique vs kobe makes alot of sense, yet both of the players fanbases love to sugarcoat and point the blame to someone else

i guess the sooner both turds know they are robin, the sooner all fans can get along