PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: More effective LeBron Stopper

Venti Quattro
06-08-2014, 10:04 PM
Who can limit him more in a series?

midnightpulp
06-08-2014, 10:13 PM
He really is unguardable now. You can't man up and funnel him into shotblockers. Too good of a finisher. And you can't sag and concede the jumper anymore. Can't double, cause he'll pick you apart with passing.

Best strategy might just to try to limit everyone else.

Koolaid_Man
06-08-2014, 10:16 PM
He really is unguardable now. You can't man up and funnel him into shotblockers. Too good of a finisher. And you can't sag and concede the jumper anymore. Can't double, cause he'll pick you apart with passing.

You got your Kobe cat calls lined up for when you lose? :lmao

Baron Davιs
06-08-2014, 10:19 PM
Air Conditioning, otherwise NOTHING.

HI-FI
06-08-2014, 10:25 PM
Air Conditiong. His cramps are brought on by excessive roids. Lebron is like those chimps in Planet of the Apes remakes, the gifted ones who can handle the injections. When he's juiced like that, no one can handle him except the Trane.

Franklin
06-09-2014, 04:34 AM
Boris the animal Diaw, imho.

Captivus
06-09-2014, 10:03 AM
Pop is missing in the poll.
It was clear as day (at least for me) that after Lebron hits the 1st 3PT, Pop should have called a TO...he didnt...
Ok, maybe it wasnt CLEAR as day...
BUT!
After the second basket, thats it. CALL TO!!...he didnt...

PS: How the hell do Parker and TD missed 4 FTs!! HOW!!!

baseline bum
06-09-2014, 10:13 AM

That's all you can do with him.

Raven
06-09-2014, 10:23 AM
nothing short of Rudy Gay or Perry Jones is useful when his jump shot is clicking.

Brazil
06-09-2014, 10:32 AM
During game 2 Spurs defense has been good on him tbh Spurs gave plenty of looks, I thought Kawi, Boris and the others did all they could to stop him.

I believe it was one the best effort I saw the Spurs doing on him, I don't remember any uncontested shots, closest thing was Boris a bit late on a 3 pointer when clock was running down.

At this point, the only Lebron stopper is Lebron himself, in game 2 just hats off he played great.

Except for these 4 Fts missed you cannot be mad at Spurs effort this game 2 tbh They did a very good job at limiting tos 11 total only 2 second half and played well enough to be in position to win this game. You just go against the closest thing to prime MJ and dude delivered great offense, great defense, great passing.

Most of Spurs fans of this site are just dumb as fuck blaming the refs, pop, Parker... and vomiting everywhere. Spurs played a solid game they just faced a freaking beast.

Brazil
06-09-2014, 10:37 AM
This serie is by the way great to see. Spurs are the team who rely the most on team effort maybe in POs history, they have no individual capable to take over a game, team, depth, ball movement, team mates trust is the only way the can win this serie. On the other side, Heat is the team who rely the most maybe in POs history on one guy, Lebron is transforming basketball into an individual sport tbh

If you are fan of bb, it's impossible to not be excited by this unique match up tbh

lefty
06-09-2014, 03:02 PM
This should stop him

http://i.perezhilton.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/avengers-gif_o_145258.gif

Or not :cry

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1101026/bosh_avengers.gif

Jacob1983
06-09-2014, 03:03 PM
DeShawn Stevenson

lefty
06-09-2014, 03:05 PM
DeShawn Stevenson
Lincoln .... do I have to finish this sentence ?

Franklin
06-09-2014, 06:32 PM
Goddess can surely stop him or any male player only if she's allowed to wriggle her white sexy self out of that Black Widow suit.

lefty
06-09-2014, 06:58 PM
Goddess can surely stop him or any male player only if she's allowed to wriggle her white sexy self out of that Black Widow suit.

Goddess did a great job in CATWS tbh

Calispursfan11
06-09-2014, 07:08 PM
THE WRIGGLING

I approve.

Katherine Robinson
06-09-2014, 08:14 PM
Rick Carisle with a few good defenders on his team could shut Lebron down, something Pop can't seem to do.

Clipper Nation
06-09-2014, 08:25 PM
Rick Carisle with a few good defenders on his team could shut Lebron down, something Pop can't seem to do.

:lol Yet Spurfan got all asshurt before the series when I reminded them that Carlisle, not Pop, is the best LeBron gameplanner in the league.... even then, his gameplan relied on forcing LeBron to shoot jumpers, which now doesn't work anywhere near as well as it used to....

Katherine Robinson
06-09-2014, 08:32 PM
:lol Yet Spurfan got all asshurt before the series when I reminded them that Carlisle, not Pop, is the best LeBron gameplanner in the league.... even then, his gameplan relied on forcing LeBron to shoot jumpers, which now doesn't work anywhere near as well as it used to....

It's just asinine, Carlisle might not have the resume Pop has, but he's the better coach right now seeing that he almost bounced the Spurs without HCA and half the talent.

midnightpulp
06-09-2014, 09:54 PM

2014 Lebron is a notch better than 2011 Lebron.

He shot .378 from between 16 foot and 3 in the 2011 playoffs.

That mark is up to .435 this year.

He shot .353 from 3 in 2011. That mark is up to .400 this year. The 2011 Heat also had less shooters and Bosh wasn't a 3 point threat back then. He had one 3 point attempt over the entire 2011 Finals series. Not to mention, Ray Allen was really a big addition.

I know Mavericks fans love having bragging rights as the only team to beat the "Superfriends," and they're fully entitled to that, but the 2014 Heat are a better team than the 2011 Heat (Joel Anthony starting at center :lol). There's no denying that.

Franklin
06-09-2014, 10:37 PM
Whether the 2014' Heat is a better team than 2011 or not, I'm genuinely rooting for the Spurs now because LeBald is such a class-1 asshole, and even if the Spurs beat cHeat this year, we can still take credit for preventing the cHeat and super fags from 3-peating.

mavsfan1000
06-09-2014, 10:45 PM
No one can guard him.

DAF86
06-09-2014, 10:46 PM

I disagree, the best way to defend him imho is to sag off of him and make him a jumpshooter. Even if he knocks them down with efficiency the result for the Spurs in the long run will be a lot better than letting him get to the paint to score lay-ups/dunks, draw fouls and kick it out for open teammates. Let Lebron take 25/30 midrange jumpers if he wants but don't let him do what he usually does. Besides something tells me it would take only a couple of misses to get him to start double guessing himself.

Jacob1983
06-09-2014, 10:48 PM
Stevenson was the best at stopping Lecramp.

mavsfan1000
06-09-2014, 10:50 PM
Yeah I would say a strong 2 guard would be best against him. Like Stevenson. You gotta at least stay in front of him. Diaw is not a good defender because he gives Lebron too much room.

Jacob1983
06-09-2014, 10:54 PM
Stevenson was not scared of Lebron. That is probably the most important thing. He made Lebron his bitch.

ezau
06-09-2014, 11:00 PM
Cramps, tbh.

Johnsyounger
06-10-2014, 02:32 AM
Could Bowen? ˙He could frustrate him for sure....

spurraider21
06-10-2014, 02:36 AM
i don't think bowen could do anything to this version of lebron

Venti Quattro
06-10-2014, 02:58 AM
i don't think bowen could do anything to this version of lebron

He could always try to kick him in the face or put a foot in LeBron's landing spot.

TDMVPDPOY
06-10-2014, 06:28 AM
He could always try to kick him in the face or put a foot in LeBron's landing spot.

bowen doesnt g ive players alot of spacing to operate or do whatever footwork to get him out of position or where that player wants to go with a power dribble/move blowing past the defender

green and kawhi is atrocious for that type of defense where they think they can beat or play catchup due to their length or athleticism to recover....once lebron blows past you he aint looking back, thats an easy 2pts for him