-close out on shooters

-no stupid fouls which hopefully leads to less Beli

-make the FTs

100%duncan
06-08-2014, 10:14 PM
No Belinelli.

Spurs21Fan4Ever
06-08-2014, 10:17 PM
Play Cory instead of Marco, number one. And please Spurs, stop reaching when it's unnecessary! That mostly goes out to Green and Leonard, dumb fouls tonight that took themselves out of any rhythm they might have had or could've gotten. Plus, they need go to the middle more. Miami is cheating so much, especially on the corners in an effort to take away the corner three. Tiago needs to get LeBron's block from last year out of his mind, and he needs to go up strong, and Diaw needs to put himself in better positions. He's busy camping out on the three point line where he's been shooting poorly, then driving and going nowhere. Our corner guys need to take advantage of the Miami fast clouse outs, drive base line, and work it towards the middle with the big guys. The bigs should have an easy layup or an easy pass to the other big on the opposite side of the paint. The Spurs did that a few times, but Splitter was stuck down low by himself with Diaw on the three point line.

$pursDynasty
06-08-2014, 10:18 PM
Leave Belli at home like we left DeColo in Mexico

-21-
06-08-2014, 10:26 PM
Foul trouble has had a bigger impact than it seems. Kawhi hasn't had a chance to get in rhythm since Game 1. If Green and Leonard had stayed in the game, Beli would not have played as much as he did and we could've gotten a lot more stops.

Also, it would be nice to see a little more of Duncan posting up to mix things up. Take advantage of his size when Miami switches.

james evans
06-08-2014, 10:29 PM
-more plays for Timmy

-close out on shooters

-no stupid fouls which hopefully leads to less Beli

-make the FTs
the fouls aren't stupid cuz a lot of them don't exist. twice we saw birdman(as big as he is) flop in the first quarter as if he was thrown to the floor(once by ginobli) and he was flopping again in the 2nd half. we saw a bullshit foul call on parker that chalmers flopped on a shot that he wasn't gonna hit. we saw another bullshit foul call on green when wade jumped and leaned into him for the contact when green jumped away from him. we aren't commiting stupid fouls. we are trying to avoid the fouls as the heat are jumping into us and being rewarded for it. there is nothing to do about it but leave them open. then on the other end, birdman is allow to physically push duncan out of the paint when he's baking down.

Horse
06-08-2014, 10:33 PM
This is the story of the series Leonard and green can't stay on the floor cause of bs fouls. But Manu gets slapped in the face at a critical moment while we're in the bonus and can't get a call.

hitmantb
06-08-2014, 10:34 PM
Honestly Spurs played a very good game overall against LeBron's hot hand. We had 28 assists, 11 turnovers, 46.2% from 3's, this is usually enough to beat any opponent on our home court, however LeBron had an amazing streak and we inexcusably pulled a Nick Anderson in the fourth quarter which killed our chance to break away.

It was a close game to the end but against Heat's big three in the final minutes in a tied game when they are not wore down is an extremely difficult match-up for the Spurs without a dominant 1v1 scorer. If the Spurs play like the way they played tonight and lose 3 more games, well we just have to hand it to LeBron and accept our fate as Utah Jazz. It is impossible to stop someone who drives like an NFL player and shoots like Jordan. You can only hope he runs out of gas and we played perfect up tempo throughout the game and while LeBron cooled off a little bit at the end, we could not execute in the final two minutes.

I was hoping luck would tip just a bit on our side today but considering we already caught a lucky break in game 1, the four free throws was as good as it gets.

Adjustments:

1) Unlike OKC, Heat manages the minutes of their stars carefully, LeBron only played 38 minutes tonight, same as Duncan (very bad for us). They also didn't go through nearly the same grind OKC did during regular season and post season, with well over 40 minutes a night for Durant. LeBron in the fourth still had legs, we can only hope we can tire him out toward the end of the series and our bench must put more pressure on the Heat when they are in the game. His cramp is bound to happen again unless he reduces his weight, we have to go for his legs.

2) Too many minutes for Belinelli, too few for Green. Green had early foul trouble but there is no excuse for him to not be in the game when he only had 3 fouls in the fourth quarter. I understand Pop is trying to play our strongest hand, the Duncan/Parker/Ginobili/Diaw/Kwahi combo, but we need more of Kwahi + Green with Green on LeBron every now and then to reduce the fouls on Kwahi and give him a bit of breathing room so he can do a bit more on offense. No one can defend LeBron 1v1, we need to run some plays for Kwahi to get him going on the other end to eat into LeBron's gas tank.

3) Duncan needs to pace himself. I think Pop overplayed him in the first quarter and he was too active with dunks and what not as well. Duncan can give you one dominant quarter a game if he unload his entire tank, but we really need him to be slow and steady throughout the game.

4) Early foul trouble killed our chance to break open the game. We need to be a little smarter. I still say with the choice between a LeBron drive vs LeBron jumper, I still rather give him a bit of extra space for a jumper than a drive, especially earlier in the game. He shoots extremely efficiently if he is open but he is not a volume shooter like Jordan, Kobe or reaper mode Durant because of the two-way game he plays. You know he is going to have a dozen jumpers at very high percentage, just eat them early and hope he doesn't last. We saw a bit of that in the fourth quarter, I just think Pop should stick to his guns and gamble on LeBron jumper versus LeBron penetrate and dish.

5) We need to do a better job closing-out on Lewis. Let big three beat you, don't over-help.

6) Less minutes for Duncan, don't try to call 1v1 ISO plays for Duncan unless it is a mismatch, Bosh/Birdman are both better than hobbled Ibaka logging over 40 minutes prior to OT. I said it before the series started but the Heat wants Duncan to go 1v1 against Birman/Bosh, guaranteed way to wear him down later in the game.

Overall, Heat is showing what a good coach would do against the Spurs with a stronger roster. I believe if Erik Spoelstra coached the Thunder, they would have beaten the Spurs for sure. Spurs fans suffered from game 6 before so nothing will really shake us at this point. Enjoy what could be the last run for the Spurs at a title and cheer for GDP. To see Duncan/Manu put up bigger numbers than Bosh/Wade is incredible. Parker can not match LeBron's production so the Spurs system has to step up and everyone have to play at the highest level. Margin of error just much bigger for the Heat.

We could very well be in a 0-2 hole. We must win one in Miami, let's see if this team has the fortitude to make up for the huge talent gap.

Capt Bringdown
06-08-2014, 10:37 PM
The game sometimes comes down to the simple things: grabbing a rebound, making FTs.
Spurs have yet to prove they can execute against Miami when it matters.

ploto
06-08-2014, 10:39 PM
Honestly Spurs played a very good game overall against LeBron's hot hand. We had 28 assists, 11 turnovers, 46.2% from 3's, this is usually enough to beat any opponent on our home court, however LeBron had an amazing streak and we inexcusably pulled a Nick Anderson in the fourth quarter which killed our chance to break away.

FT 60%

littleavery1948
06-08-2014, 10:45 PM
The game sometimes comes down to the simple things: grabbing a rebound, making FTs.
No team has yet to prove they can execute against Miami when it matters.

FIFY

littleavery1948
06-08-2014, 10:51 PM

It was a close game to the end but against Heat's big three in the final minutes in a tied game when they are not wore down is an extremely difficult match-up for the Spurs without a dominant 1v1 scorer. If the Spurs play like the way they played tonight and lose 3 more games, well we just have to hand it to LeBron and accept our fate as Utah Jazz. It is impossible to stop someone who drives like an NFL player and shoots like Jordan. You can only hope he runs out of gas and we played perfect up tempo throughout the game and while LeBron cooled off a little bit at the end, we could not execute in the final two minutes.

I was hoping luck would tip just a bit on our side today but considering we already caught a lucky break in game 1, the four free throws was as good as it gets.

Adjustments:

1) Unlike OKC, Heat manages the minutes of their stars carefully, LeBron only played 38 minutes tonight, same as Duncan (very bad for us). They also didn't go through nearly the same grind OKC did during regular season and post season, with well over 40 minutes a night for Durant. LeBron in the fourth still had legs, we can only hope we can tire him out toward the end of the series and our bench must put more pressure on the Heat when they are in the game. His cramp is bound to happen again unless he reduces his weight, we have to go for his legs.

2) Too many minutes for Belinelli, too few for Green. Green had early foul trouble but there is no excuse for him to not be in the game when he only had 3 fouls in the fourth quarter. I understand Pop is trying to play our strongest hand, the Duncan/Parker/Ginobili/Diaw/Kwahi combo, but we need more of Kwahi + Green with Green on LeBron every now and then to reduce the fouls on Kwahi and give him a bit of breathing room so he can do a bit more on offense. No one can defend LeBron 1v1, we need to run some plays for Kwahi to get him going on the other end to eat into LeBron's gas tank.

3) Duncan needs to pace himself. I think Pop overplayed him in the first quarter and he was too active with dunks and what not as well. Duncan can give you one dominant quarter a game if he unload his entire tank, but we really need him to be slow and steady throughout the game.

4) Early foul trouble killed our chance to break open the game. We need to be a little smarter. I still say with the choice between a LeBron drive vs LeBron jumper, I still rather give him a bit of extra space for a jumper than a drive, especially earlier in the game. Any decent NBA player shoots extremely efficiently if he is open but he is not a volume shooter like Jordan, Kobe or reaper mode Durant because of the two-way game he plays. You know he is going to have a dozen jumpers at very high percentage, just eat them early and hope he doesn't last. We saw a bit of that in the fourth quarter, I just think Pop should stick to his guns and gamble on LeBron jumper versus LeBron penetrate and dish.

5) We need to do a better job closing-out on Lewis. Let big three beat you, don't over-help.

6) Less minutes for Duncan, don't try to call 1v1 ISO plays for Duncan unless it is a mismatch, Bosh/Birdman are both better than hobbled Ibaka logging over 40 minutes prior to OT. I said it before the series started but the Heat wants Duncan to go 1v1 against Birman/Bosh, guaranteed way to wear him down later in the game.

Overall, Heat is showing what a good coach would do against the Spurs with a stronger roster. I believe if Erik Spoelstra coached the Thunder, they would have beaten the Spurs for sure. Spurs fans suffered from game 6 before so nothing will really shake us at this point. Enjoy what could be the last run for the Spurs at a title and cheer for GDP. To see Duncan/Manu put up bigger numbers than Bosh/Wade is incredible. Parker can not match LeBron's production so the Spurs system has to step up and everyone have to play at the highest level. Margin of error just much bigger for the Heat.

We could very well be in a 0-2 hole. We must win one in Miami, let's see if this team has the fortitude to make up for the huge talent gap.

FIFY. Imagine if Kobe or Durant got the looks that Lebron gets. Lebron is such a great finisher, opponents have to give him the wide open jumper. If any of us were 6'8", and played basketball for a living, we would be hitting a high percentage of open jumpers too.

SpurPadre
06-08-2014, 10:58 PM
-Start Diaw over Splitter
-Close out on Lewis
-Don't let the crowd's annoying as fuck seven nation army chant get to them
-make your free throws
-keep taking care of the ball
-When Lebron is guarding TP, TP needs to immediately pass the ball to someone else because he simply cannot drive past him
-Can't let one of the worst rebounding teams outrebound us again

timtonymanurich
06-08-2014, 11:08 PM
THIS GAME WAS SHITTY ON THE REFS PART. Nuff said.

When Wade shot 2 FT's for that brush against his fingers when he inbounded the ball, and Manu doesn't get a freaking foul called for a total slap in the face at MID COURT?? YEah, the League want's at least a G5-6. The Spurs shot 43% and lost by 2. The overHEATers shot 53% and BARELY won. We're STILL in this by a LONG SHOT. I'm still sticking to my claim of Spurs in 5, until further notice.

TampaDude
06-08-2014, 11:10 PM
Hit your damn free throws. That's it.

DarrinS
06-08-2014, 11:13 PM
What the short leash on Green?

And why did I see Bonner in a Finals?

Please explain

Mugen
06-08-2014, 11:18 PM
Our initial D is fine and is about as good as you're gonna get against Miami. The loose balls/offensive rebounds and LeBron going off was obviously what did us in. I'm okay with that side of the ball, unfortunately I think Miami shoots it better at home.

Offensively, I don't think we played a very smart game at all especially in the 2nd and to close the game. But it was nothing that can't change next game.

TheGoldStandard
06-08-2014, 11:21 PM
They need to dump the ball to Tim more often but not iso Tim... they need pick n roll action or high/low movement to get the ball down low to score or kick.. I hate when he catches the ball and everyone clears, he takes like 10 dribbles and goes into the heart of the defense for a contested shot that always misses.

therealtruth
06-08-2014, 11:22 PM
We've got to be smarter about Lebron. He was looking to drive early on. We should have been giving him space. You have to defend him based on what's he trying to do. Once he started driving he felt more confident in his jumper.

ducks
06-09-2014, 12:18 AM
I would like to run a few set plays at the begging of the game for kiawa

we know he can make them on the road
green does not

bobcatfan4life
06-09-2014, 12:25 AM
What the short leash on Green?

And why did I see Bonner in a Finals?

Please explain

POP the GOAT coach with his legendary strategy