PDA

View Full Version : Here's what is going to happen in this series based on the Spurs' past trends

dg7md
06-08-2014, 10:14 PM
We all know how it is being a Spurs fan, it's rewarding and terrible at the same time. I've been a fan of these guys since I was old enough to understand the sport of basketball, and I'm going to say right now that the Heat will win in 6.

Why? Well, tonight the old trend of missed free throws that has cursed this franchise since the Duncan era loomed back into the picture. We would have won that game had we hit at least three of those four.

Here's what is going to happen based on the trend of the Spurs franchise and this squad in particular:

Game 3: We win this one pretty easily, our big three have monster games and we look to take control over the series again.

Game 4: Close one, but the Heat win out with a fourth quarter run. Pop puts the bench in and they bring it back, Cojo shines by bringing it close but not obtainable as time runs out. Conceited game meant to fire up the guys in classic Spurs fashion. SpursTalk praises Cojo but wails on Tony and Manu again.

Game 5: We get a big lead early, Miami looks dead. LeBron wakes up and carries them to another huge run and they take the lead via a controversial call at the end that gives us a chance to win at the buzzer with a few seconds left. It rims out and Miami steals the pivotal Game 5. SpursTalk doomsday threads (like this one) will erupt en masse and Heat fans come out of the woodworks here and become arrogant and ultimately condescending with early "good series guys" type messages.

Game 6: Our guys are pissed and the media reminds everybody about last year's game 6 and what happened there for the millionth time, SpursTalk panics until the game, doomsday and optimism threads shine everywhere. Timvp shows up again with a long, optimistic return post that becomes an historic thread bumpable for years to come about our guys not letting another 6. happen.

Good news, 6. doesn't happen. Not exactly, no, instead we lose in double overtime despite an incredible performance by Duncan that reaps nearly 40 points and 14 rebounds because he is just that damn good. The game is close throughout, nobody has a lead bigger than five. Ray Allen bricks a game winning three at the buzzer that leads us into double OT.

We start off hot but ultimately Bron gets calls and goes to the line and before we know it, the Heat will be up by about 5 with 30 seconds left to go. We bite our nails thinking that this could be our turn to 6. them, and despite Manu hitting a big three, Bosh answers back with a clutch shot in the corner that cements the game unobtainable with seconds to go and the Heat up by too much. Bosh earns him a longterm deal somewhere else in the offseason due to the clutch corner shot as the Heat threepeat and win a championship in Game 6. LeBron hugs Pop and Duncan and the Heat celebrate on their own floor in Game 6 yet again, a year later.

SpursTalk becomes a meltdown forum for months on end, with many "Fire Pop", "Trade Parker" threads. Leonard is also considered a choker after this series by not doing much of anything throughout and people call for trading him. It doesn't happen, of course, but Beli is traded and Diaw goes elsewhere in the offseason. We pick up an obscure guy from an Eastern conference team that we hype up for months that ends up being completely mediocre and not even on the playoff roster, which we get the third seed in the West with OKC and the Clippers above us.

We win the the first series but lose in 6. after round 2, reminding and torturing all of us that 6 is our new unlucky number as 0.4 is retired.

Duncan retires in two years on a somewhat good note but never delivering his 5th. Pop retires alongside Duncan and thus our Western conference dominance comes to an end.

All because of four missed treebies in Game 2...

(Timvp never returns after we lose the Finals.)

Capt Bringdown
06-08-2014, 10:16 PM
Spurs are a great team. But they cannot beat Miami.
Credit Miami for making the clutch plays that the Spurs couldn't.
Ain't that the story of last year?
It looks like nothing's changed from '13.
The series boils down to clutch plays.
The stuff champions are made of.

limlsy
06-08-2014, 10:17 PM
This sounds like a combination of the events of last year and '04.

HI-FI
06-08-2014, 10:19 PM
dear Lord, the cliff diving is getting out of hand. SpursTalk will be done before the Spurs, it's already on life support.

Spurs are facing an uphill battle. Anytime a bunch of superstars join forces, coupled with state of the art PEDs, it will be tough.

dbreiden83080
06-08-2014, 10:19 PM
Spurs are a great team. But they cannot beat Miami.
Credit Miami for making the clutch plays that the Spurs couldn't.
Ain't that the story of last year?
It looks like nothing's changed from '13.
The series boils down to clutch plays.
The stuff champions are made of.

What do you mean they can't beat Miami? These teams have played nine finals game last two years with Miami winning five and us 4. Of course we can beat them.

ffadicted
06-08-2014, 10:20 PM
G3: Spurs
G4: Heat
G5: Spurs
G6: Spurs

tbh

dg7md
06-08-2014, 10:22 PM
G3: Spurs
G4: Heat
G5: Spurs
G6: Spurs

tbh

I don't claim to be a prophet and I hope you are right, but my post feels like the most accurate representation of Spurs basketball since 2011, false flag wins and heartbreaking loses.

Dingle Barry
06-08-2014, 10:25 PM
they cannot beat Miami.

Horseshit.

crc21209
06-08-2014, 10:26 PM
:lol At everyone trying to be a fucking "prophet" nowadays. Honestly, you, I, no one knows what the fuck is gonna happen. Hell, about 90% of people here were certain the Spurs would be playing a Game 7 at home against OKC in the WCF's, and what happened? The Spurs closed them out IN OKC after losing 9 straight games there. So shut up, root for your team, and hope for the best.

dg7md
06-08-2014, 10:27 PM
:lol At everyone trying to be a fucking "prophet" nowadays. Honestly, you, I, no one knows what the fuck is gonna happen. Hell, about 90% of people here were certain the Spurs would be playing a Game 7 at home against OKC in the WCF's, and what happened? The Spurs closed them out IN OKC after losing 9 straight games there. So shut up, root for your team, and hope for the best.

I'm with you... I agree, I'm not a prophet, I just see it playing out like this because it tends to happen all of the time in the playoffs now, variations of my post. I want them to close it out but tonight just seemed really momentum-shifting and I think we could win one there but that might be all they have in the tank with Bron showing up big without a real answer because Leonard hasn't gotten into his head like he did last year.

BillMc
06-08-2014, 10:28 PM
We're the best road team in the NBA. Relax folks.

littleavery1948
06-08-2014, 10:29 PM
We all know how it is being a Spurs fan, it's rewarding and terrible at the same time. I've been a fan of these guys since I was old enough to understand the sport of basketball, and I'm going to say right now that the Heat will win in 6.

Why? Well, tonight the old trend of missed free throws that has cursed this franchise since the Duncan era loomed back into the picture. We would have won that game had we hit at least three of those four.

Here's what is going to happen based on the trend of the Spurs franchise and this squad in particular:

Game 3: We win this one pretty easily, our big three have monster games and we look to take control over the series again.

Game 4: Close one, but the Heat win out with a fourth quarter run. Pop puts the bench in and they bring it back, Cojo shines by bringing it close but not obtainable as time runs out. Conceited game meant to fire up the guys in classic Spurs fashion. SpursTalk praises Cojo but wails on Tony and Manu again.

Game 5: We get a big lead early, Miami looks dead. LeBron wakes up and carries them to another huge run and they take the lead via a controversial call at the end that gives us a chance to win at the buzzer with a few seconds left. It rims out and Miami steals the pivotal Game 5. SpursTalk doomsday threads (like this one) will erupt en masse and Heat fans come out of the woodworks here and become arrogant and ultimately condescending with early "good series guys" type messages.

Game 6: Our guys are pissed and the media reminds everybody about last year's game 6 and what happened there for the millionth time, SpursTalk panics until the game, doomsday and optimism threads shine everywhere. Timvp shows up again with a long, optimistic return post that becomes an historic thread bumpable for years to come about our guys not letting another 6. happen.

Good news, 6. doesn't happen. Not exactly, no, instead we lose in double overtime despite an incredible performance by Duncan that reaps nearly 40 points and 14 rebounds because he is just that damn good. The game is close throughout, nobody has a lead bigger than five. Ray Allen bricks a game winning three at the buzzer that leads us into double OT.

We start off hot but ultimately Bron gets calls and goes to the line and before we know it, the Heat will be up by about 5 with 30 seconds left to go. We bite our nails thinking that this could be our turn to 6. them, and despite Manu hitting a big three, Bosh answers back with a clutch shot in the corner that cements the game unobtainable with seconds to go and the Heat up by too much. Bosh earns him a longterm deal somewhere else in the offseason due to the clutch corner shot as the Heat threepeat and win a championship in Game 6. LeBron hugs Pop and Duncan and the Heat celebrate on their own floor in Game 6 yet again, a year later.

SpursTalk becomes a meltdown forum for months on end, with many "Fire Pop", "Trade Parker" threads. Leonard is also considered a choker after this series by not doing much of anything throughout and people call for trading him. It doesn't happen, of course, but Beli is traded and Diaw goes elsewhere in the offseason. We pick up an obscure guy from an Eastern conference team that we hype up for months that ends up being completely mediocre and not even on the playoff roster, which we get the third seed in the West with OKC and the Clippers above us.

We win the the first series but lose in 6. after round 2, reminding and torturing all of us that 6 is our new unlucky number as 0.4 is retired.

Duncan retires in two years on a somewhat good note but never delivering his 5th. Pop retires alongside Duncan and thus our Western conference dominance comes to an end.

All because of four missed treebies in Game 2...

(Timvp never returns after we lose the Finals.)

Game 3: Lebron does not hit every jumper, as his hot shooting comes once a series; but he gets layup after layup, because the Spurs decide to guard him closer, and *gasp* contest his jump shot. Meanwhile, the Spurs will stay in it, thanks to Duncan and Green, but the Miami role players make the difference, and the Heat are winners in a close one.

Game 4: Lebron finally misses a three-point shot, but that becomes an afterthought, as Wade and Bosh go HAM, while Allen hits five threes. This is the only blowout that the Heat will win, but the Spurs seem to have one game a series when they play like utter garbage; this one is it..

Game 5: The Spurs will not be allowing the Heat to celebrate on their home floor; nor do I think that Miami is interested in celebrating in San Antonio. Lebron misses a few shots; the Spurs go HAM from the perimeter, and the Spurs come away victorious.

Game 6: Lebron understands that this is game 7, and goes HAM. The Spurs stay close, like they almost always do, but the role players come up short. The clutch plays are made by Miami again. Miami wins the third close game of the series, and is 3-0 in close games.

As long as Lebron is around, the Heat will continue to win championships.

look_at_g_shred
06-08-2014, 10:30 PM
Spurs so far, have looked like the better team. If not for four consecutive missed free throws and a monster game from James, were up 2-0. Miami has a history of playing relaxed at home. Spurs need to take advantage of poor defense the heat have shown at times in this series so far. It would really help to if Kawhi can put together some offense.

dg7md
06-08-2014, 10:31 PM
I also predict that if Bosh bolts the Heat will get Hibbert and continue to win in the East but might be upset on a path to a fourpeat...

dg7md
06-08-2014, 10:32 PM
Game 3: Lebron does not hit every jumper, as his hot shooting comes once a series; but he gets layup after layup, because the Spurs decide to guard him closer, and *gasp* contest his jump shot. Meanwhile, the Spurs will stay in it, thanks to Duncan and Green, but the Miami role players make the difference, and the Heat are winners in a close one.

Game 4: Lebron finally misses a three-point shot, but that becomes an afterthought, as Wade and Bosh go HAM, while Allen hits five threes. This is the only blowout that the Heat will win, but the Spurs seem to have one game a series when they play like utter garbage; this one is it..

Game 5: The Spurs will not be allowing the Heat to celebrate on their home floor; nor do I think that Miami is interested in celebrating in San Antonio. Lebron misses a few shots; the Spurs go HAM from the perimeter, and the Spurs come away victorious.

Game 6: Lebron understands that this is game 7, and goes HAM. The Spurs stay close, like they almost always do, but the role players come up short. The clutch plays are made by Miami again. Miami wins the third close game of the series, and is 3-0 in close games.

As long as Lebron is around, the Heat will continue to win championships.

Solid takes... sucks to possibly lose another one like this but I love them for coming back to the Finals after the gutwrencher last year.

littleavery1948
06-08-2014, 10:38 PM
Solid takes... sucks to possibly lose another one like this but I love them for coming back to the Finals after the gutwrencher last year.

It's hard to believe, but SA is a Nowitzki and one; 0.4; 6, and four free-throws from being on their way to number EIGHT.

dg7md
06-08-2014, 10:40 PM
It's hard to believe, but SA is a Nowitzki and one; 0.4; 6, and four free-throws from being on their way to number EIGHT.

Yeah, and this one title win would have washed those away on our path to redeem... We took out Mavs in 7, Portland (nothing really here tbh), and OKC (obviously 2012 backdoor sweep), and here is our chance to take out Miami but losing how we did tonight opened up old wounds of the past that still haunt this franchise.

dg7md
06-08-2014, 11:44 PM
Bump.

dg7md
06-16-2014, 04:48 AM
:lmao

One of the best jinx threads ever tbh... :lol