PDA

View Full Version : I'm just not worried like I was against OKC, tbh..

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
06-08-2014, 10:48 PM
I don't know why either..

Maybe it's just the way we won game 6 against them in OKC.. I just feel like Miami isn't consistent enough to win both at home. That's why I don't buy that "we should be down 2-0". 1) LeBron I don't think would have made the difference, but 2) and most importantly, if they won game 1, we all know they would have coasted and played like ass in game 2. That's the difference.. we are a complete team and they seem to be in neutral a lot..

I think we can realistically take this in 6...

TampaDude
06-08-2014, 10:51 PM
Yup...if we win just one of the next two games, series over.

dg7md
06-08-2014, 10:52 PM
I wish I could share your confidence, I really do. The fortunate flaw of OKC is that they have a point guard that will shoot themselves out of the game and prevent Durant from going off. Miami is a much smarter team with a better coach and better defense. Even if OKC games are always harder on us, Miami doesn't make a lot of mistakes at the end of games like the Thunder do.

Spurs21Fan4Ever
06-08-2014, 10:53 PM
Eh, I don't think Miami will shoot like that (especially LeBron) again these Finals, but as I think about it more, I would've loved to see how the game played out if Parker and Duncan didn't miss those four straight free throws. Maybe Miami still would've won, but I do expect some big adjustments from Pop and the Spurs to win a game in Miami.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
06-08-2014, 11:02 PM
Eh, I don't think Miami will shoot like that (especially LeBron) again these Finals, but as I think about it more, I would've loved to see how the game played out if Parker and Duncan didn't miss those four straight free throws. Maybe Miami still would've won, but I do expect some big adjustments from Pop and the Spurs to win a game in Miami.

Our problem was Timmy getting ZERO touches at the end..

Baynes
06-08-2014, 11:05 PM
In the Game 1, I'm too confident that I only realized we're down against the Heat when Chris Bosh hits the 4pt play.

Right now, I'm not even worried because I know we can win a game or two in south beach. Not sure if I'm lookin' down on the Heat or just overly confident

DarrinS
06-08-2014, 11:06 PM
Spurs played very mediocre ball and lost by 2.

We are missing something very essential to Spurs BB, but I don't want to call him out.

TE
06-08-2014, 11:09 PM
Getting the "we should've won" thread from the particular OP is literally asking for a reverse jinx...who knows how it'll work now that the Spurs have the odds stacked against them.

Prime Time
06-08-2014, 11:11 PM
I'll take LeBron drilling jumper after jumper resulting in a 2pt loss. Spurs still haven't played their best basketball yet.

dg7md
06-08-2014, 11:18 PM
I thought we played pretty well all things considered, and we still lost because of classic missed free throws. I don't really see an upside necessarily, there's no reason to think LeBron will play worse at home and he led their drive.

Spurs 4 The Win
06-08-2014, 11:22 PM
I don't know why either..

Maybe it's just the way we won game 6 against them in OKC.. I just feel like Miami isn't consistent enough to win both at home. That's why I don't buy that "we should be down 2-0". 1) LeBron I don't think would have made the difference, but 2) and most importantly, if they won game 1, we all know they would have coasted and played like ass in game 2. That's the difference.. we are a complete team and they seem to be in neutral a lot..

I think we can realistically take this in 6...

If they won game 1, refs wouldve been on our side tonight and we wouldve pulled away in the third quarter and the series would still be tied at 1.

At the end of the day the NBA couldnt allow us to be up 2-0, cuz then we are playing with house money for 2 games in Miami and even with ref help, there is no guarantee Miami wins both and then they lose monay cuz its a 5 game series. They want a 6 game series minimum.

Spurs 4 The Win
06-08-2014, 11:24 PM
In the Game 1, I'm too confident that I only realized we're down against the Heat when Chris Bosh hits the 4pt play.

Right now, I'm not even worried because I know we can win a game or two in south beach. Not sure if I'm lookin' down on the Heat or just overly confident

Overly confident, unless the reffing changes, cuz Allen is gonna shoot near 100% in Miami

BatManu20
06-08-2014, 11:25 PM
Miami is a much better team than OKC, tbh..

Skull-1
06-08-2014, 11:25 PM
Our problem was Timmy making ZERO free throws at the end..

FIFY.

100%duncan
06-08-2014, 11:27 PM
They are so evenly matched it's hard to pull away from each other. Just like what they do in-games(series of runs after runs) and in series, this might really go 7 games.

wildchild
06-08-2014, 11:38 PM
Miami is a much better team than OKC, tbh..

Obviously, but the Spurs definitely have enough to win this series, just need neutralize Lewis as X factor, and exploit mismatches in offense.
The Spurs'll be fine next games. Keep the defensive intensity and play smart. :flag:

SpurPadre
06-08-2014, 11:43 PM

If Miami can shoot this well in San Antonio, why wouldn't they be able to do it in the comforts of their home floor? We can win in Miami, but make no mistake that they can definitely shoot well again in these Finals.

#1spursfanNvegas
06-08-2014, 11:44 PM
Our problem was Timmy getting ZERO touches at the end..

This. Tim was guarded by chalmers in one of the crucial possessions but Parker did not pass the ball to him. Parker drove the ball instead and tried to pump fake Lebron and ended up out of bounds. I would take my chances with Timmy guarded by chalmers down low than TP taking Lebron one on one.

Sean Cagney
06-08-2014, 11:47 PM
If Miami can shoot this well in San Antonio, why wouldn't they be able to do it in the comforts of their home floor? We can win in Miami, but make no mistake that they can definitely shoot well again in these Finals.
No doubt at all... No doubt. I hope you are wrong but they can.

Crookshanks
06-08-2014, 11:50 PM
If they won game 1, refs wouldve been on our side tonight and we wouldve pulled away in the third quarter and the series would still be tied at 1.

At the end of the day the NBA couldnt allow us to be up 2-0, cuz then we are playing with house money for 2 games in Miami and even with ref help, there is no guarantee Miami wins both and then they lose monay cuz its a 5 game series. They want a 6 game series minimum.

That's essentially what I said in another thread. This series is about money and ratings - period.

SpurPadre
06-08-2014, 11:51 PM
No doubt at all... No doubt. I hope you are wrong but they can.

In the end, the better offense, the team with the least unforced mistakes and better poise in the 4th quarters will be the Champion.

KaiRMD1
06-08-2014, 11:51 PM
I share that confidence, oddly enough. I wasn't even as angry about this loss as I would normally be. Hell, we can play poorly and the Heat will only win by a small margin

SpurPadre
06-08-2014, 11:53 PM
I'm worried because you can make mistakes and missed free throws against OKC and still come out a winner but you can't do that against the Heat and now we've had two games in two years where we hand-gifted games to them in the 4th quarter.

hommeaetage
06-08-2014, 11:54 PM
The only thing we can get our hat on is the Spurs have yet to play close to what they are capable of outside of about 8 mins in the 4th. Then again, they're playing the 2 time champs with the best player in the world. I'm still waiting for Leonard to show, and game 3 would be a good time for him

Spurs 4 The Win
06-08-2014, 11:57 PM
I'm worried because you can make mistakes and missed free throws against OKC and still come out a winner but you can't do that against the Heat and now we've had two games in two years where we hand-gifted games to them in the 4th quarter.

If we cant win one on their floor, we arent championship caliber, TRUTH BOMB, we will get one, or we wont, but i would say its a 66% we get one, even the NBA wants us to get one of the next 2, so they can have a winner take all game 7

The first 4 games are for the diehard fans, the casual fans dont really get involved till game 5-7, imagine the monster ratings a game 7 would get, that is the end game of the NBA, that is what they want, that is what they will get

Spurs 4 The Win
06-08-2014, 11:58 PM
The only thing we can get our hat on is the Spurs have yet to play close to what they are capable of outside of about 8 mins in the 4th. Then again, they're playing the 2 time champs with the best player in the world. I'm still waiting for Leonard to show, and game 3 would be a good time for him

Leonard isnt no showing, he is being taken out of the game by the refs, big difference

Mikeanaro
06-08-2014, 11:59 PM
Im not worried if Spurs lose its just another fake championship for Miami what these refs are doing is so fucking dirty that beats the whole ¨champion¨ meaning and purpose.
If playing cheap getting away with flops like Wade or putting Kawhi in a jar to let Ledonna play is the way to win well I don´t give 2 fucks they will be fake as trannies not champs by any chance, last year it was the same shit but tonight they had easily 10 refs points and no calls on our side.

hommeaetage
06-09-2014, 12:00 AM
Leonard isnt no showing, he is being taken out of the game by the refs, big difference

Leonard has to be smarter and start defending with his feet instead of showing his hands. Sure they are calling some BS fouls on him, but he's not helping himself either. And he's really being passive on the offensive side of the ball

bobcatfan4life
06-09-2014, 12:00 AM
When the Spurs need to win, they win.

james evans
06-09-2014, 12:02 AM
yeah, i'm not worried at all. i feared OKC more than these guys. we have nothing to worry about. lebron is not gonna continue to kills us from downtown. i'm not concerned with it

DieHardSpursFan1537
06-09-2014, 12:02 AM
Three point shooting was spot-on. Hopefully Bosh will cool down the next game (he's been more spot on with his shots than I've seen in a while) and the Spurs can sink more free-throws. Oh, and Spurs will have to find a new way to guard Wade because we all know if you try to contest Wade's shot, he will try to bump into you.

As for LeBron, there's really no way to stop him. Kawhi's the best fit

Mikeanaro
06-09-2014, 12:03 AM
Leonard has to be smarter and start defending with his feet instead of showing his hands. Sure they are calling some BS fouls on him, but he's not helping himself either. And he's really being passive on the offensive side of the ball
I agree on the offensive side, but come on defending with his feet? I guess he could use his dick too...
You cant play with balls and hears if those shitheads called ¨refs¨ dont let you even breath.

hitmantb
06-09-2014, 12:04 AM
Heat = OKC with proper coaching.

Just incredibly nasty opponent.

gilmor
06-09-2014, 12:07 AM
Miami is so much better than OKC it's not even funny. It should be a very hard series .. what do you expect from the reigning NBA Champions?

Spurs 4 The Win
06-09-2014, 12:12 AM

Okay, lets review:

Foul 1: 2 minutes into the game, barely touches LeBron, no replay shown (lets chalk that one up as fishy)

Foul 2: Touch foul on LeBron, mustve breathed on him wrong (Bad call)

Foul 3: GETS BLOWN UP BY LEWIS and loses the ball and falls into James as a result, offensive foul (5 point swing, they hit a 3 on the other end, shouldve been a shooting foul, BAD CALL)

Foul 4: Weak call for running through a birdman screen, lets also call this legit but it probably wasnt

Foul 5: Foul on Lebron, barely touches him (Lets call this legit)

Foul 6: LeBron runs out of control into the lane, bricks a layup, no contact, foul called, BAD CALL (So that is now 3 BS foul calls, a fishy one, and 2 possible legit fouls)

That is a game changing sequence

ElNono
06-09-2014, 12:14 AM
Miami is so much better than OKC it's not even funny. It should be a very hard series .. what do you expect from the reigning NBA Champions?

Exactly. Like Pop said, they're the champs, we need to go get what they have. Biggest difference with OKC is that they're extremely well coached.

hommeaetage
06-09-2014, 12:16 AM
Then Pop needs to do his job and start coaching. and btw, how the hell are we being outrebounded by the worst rebounding team in the league

timtonymanu
06-09-2014, 12:16 AM
I'm not worried about the series yet, but I'm more terrified of LeBron James than I am of the entire OKC team. This is going to be a hard series, tbh.

baseline bum
06-09-2014, 12:18 AM
Spurs played very mediocre ball and lost by 2.

We are missing something very essential to Spurs BB, but I don't want to call him out.

Spurs lost the game by 5. The Manu three at the buzzer was completely meaningless. Like Game 4 of the 07 Finals when the scoreboard had a 1 point win because Cleveland hit a meaningless three down 4.

Malik Hairston
06-09-2014, 12:19 AM
Miami doesn't have as much talent as OKC(since Wade is no longer a star and Bosh is used as a super-role player, like Ibaka), but Lebron affects the game far more than Durant, and Spoelstra has improved a lot as a coach(top 5 IMO), while Scott Brooks is a bottom-3 coach..

Skull-1
06-09-2014, 12:19 AM
Spurs lost the game by 5. The Manu three at the buzzer was completely meaningless. Like Game 4 of the 07 Finals when the scoreboard had a 1 point win because Cleveland hit a meaningless three down 4.

Make four freebies though and we win with that three...

http://i.imgur.com/GbSMlAq.gif

gilmor
06-09-2014, 12:21 AM
Make four freebies though and we win with that three...

http://i.imgur.com/GbSMlAq.gif

I doubt so. On hindsight, everything is 50-50. Parker prob won't make that 3 and all things considered. I think down the stretch, Spurs just need to play that much better to win..

Skull-1
06-09-2014, 12:30 AM
I doubt so. On hindsight, everything is 50-50. Parker prob won't make that 3 and all things considered. I think down the stretch, Spurs just need to play that much better to win..

Manu you mean?

hommeaetage
06-09-2014, 12:31 AM
Okay, lets review:

Foul 1: 2 minutes into the game, barely touches LeBron, no replay shown (lets chalk that one up as fishy)

Foul 2: Touch foul on LeBron, mustve breathed on him wrong (Bad call)

Foul 3: GETS BLOWN UP BY LEWIS and loses the ball and falls into James as a result, offensive foul (5 point swing, they hit a 3 on the other end, shouldve been a shooting foul, BAD CALL)

Foul 4: Weak call for running through a birdman screen, lets also call this legit but it probably wasnt

Foul 5: Foul on Lebron, barely touches him (Lets call this legit)

Foul 6: LeBron runs out of control into the lane, bricks a layup, no contact, foul called, BAD CALL (So that is now 3 BS foul calls, a fishy one, and 2 possible legit fouls)

That is a game changing sequence

Fouls 1 and 2, he showed his hands when he didn't have to

Foul 4 was just dumb, he ran through the screener

daslicer
06-09-2014, 12:34 AM
Then Pop needs to do his job and start coaching. and btw, how the hell are we being outrebounded by the worst rebounding team in the league

They got away with a lot of over the back no calls in this game that is a big reason to them getting more rebounds.

Spurs 4 The Win
06-09-2014, 12:38 AM
Fouls 1 and 2, he showed his hands when he didn't have to

Foul 4 was just dumb, he ran through the screener

What do you mean on Fouls 1 and 2, so he did extra by showing his hands and got called anyways?