PDA

View Full Version : How has Diaw avoided the criticism?

Spurs21Fan4Ever
06-08-2014, 10:57 PM
His rebounding was good, but besides that he was awful. I've seen people blaming Parker, Kawhi, Green, Pop, Marco (which is justified), Splitter, even a little Duncan. How in the world has Diaw escaped criticism? I'm not trying to rag on him, but he is key for this series and tonight he was awful on both sides of the court. His off-ball positioning was awful, and he kept putting himself in positions that made it more difficult to make a play. He was spending way too much time on the perimeter and allowed Miami defenders to collapse on baseline drives. Diaw is the X factor to me and he needs to play much smarter for the rest of the Finals, or else it's going to be really tough for SA to get Timmy one for the thumb.

Baam
06-08-2014, 11:00 PM
I agree he played like a pussy and rushed everything tbh, really disappointing, he's still the key for the Spurs, they need another reliable option to start the offense other than TP and Manu...

^ Manu and Kiwi homers can't admit when their god suck balls on the other hand...

RD2191
06-08-2014, 11:02 PM
Because he's a bench player. The Spurs shouldn't have to rely on Diaw to win us games. Whatever he gives us should be a plus.

siraulo23
06-08-2014, 11:02 PM
diaw's been ok

but he needs to be more aggressive like what we saw vs okc

can he post up lewis, or any smaller miami players guarding him etc...?

UZER
06-08-2014, 11:03 PM
He needs to shoot the J when open. Hes become like Bonner at the 3 point line. Just spook him and he dribbles it right to you

Malik Hairston
06-08-2014, 11:04 PM
This was the worst game he has had in a while, tbh..he's such a key for this team, he makes a massive difference..his shot selection was atrocious tonight..

SpurPadre
06-08-2014, 11:05 PM
He hasn't avoided criticism. Actually, I think to maximize his value, he needs to start over Splitter the rest of the way. We beat them by 24 last time we started Diaw.

TheGreatYacht
06-08-2014, 11:06 PM
I can't fucking stand him giving Lebron space... Did he not get the 2014 memo? And he's scared to shoot... Even when they're down 5 with 10 seconds left smh

TE
06-08-2014, 11:06 PM
He just wasn't aggressive when he needed to be...and when he tried to be aggressive he turned the ball over or did some stupid shit.

TE
06-08-2014, 11:07 PM
The Lebron spacing is a given. Lebron just knocked those shots down (like in game 7).

UZER
06-08-2014, 11:09 PM
He just wasn't aggressive when he needed to be...and when he tried to be aggressive he turned the ball over or did some stupid shit.

Miami does get away with a lot of hacking and grabbing, tbh. I'm not crying g for fouls, but they do this a lot on D. They're not always in great position but get away with a lot of reach hacks.

Diaws gotta be tougher.

wildchild
06-08-2014, 11:10 PM
I love Boris but he was too slow rotating and that killed us.

TE
06-08-2014, 11:13 PM
Miami does get away with a lot of hacking and grabbing, tbh. I'm not crying g for fouls, but they do this a lot on D. They're not always in great position but get away with a lot of reach hacks.

Diaws gotta be tougher.
Yeah I called that out in the game thread (not too mention various games in the ECF series this year). Their consequence for going small is being allowed to hack the shit out of whoever they play D on -- whether it be a hi-lo or a hi pick n roll...the overaggressiveness and handchecking is really obvious . Nobody will call it out but it's really fucking obvious when it's happening.