PDA

View Full Version : Spurs need to look to exploit Ray Allen more, like they did in game 1..

Malik Hairston
06-08-2014, 11:03 PM
If you look back at game 1, virtually all of Belinelli's offensive production came at the expense of Ray Allen, tbh..Allen was constantly late on defensive rotations and missed his assignments..

When Danny Green exploded in the 4th, it wasn't just Wade missing assignments, it was also Ray Allen..

Miami is clearly picking on Belinelli, the Spurs need to do the same to Allen, when the opportunity is there..Ray Allen is one of the 10 worst perimeter defenders in the league, at this point of his career..

Kawhi Leonard was the #1 ranked perimeter post player in the NBA this season IIRC..the Spurs ran post plays for him against Lillard on the switch in the semis and against Ellis/Calderon in round 1..they should be looking to exploit the Allen matchup as much as possible when Diaw is in the game with Kawhi(since Duncan/Splitter duo kills spacing)..

RodNIc91
06-09-2014, 12:00 AM
Do you think this mismatch counters the switch made when Lebron guards Parker??

Spurs da champs
06-09-2014, 12:05 AM
Kawhi should be posting any perimeter player from the Heat not named LeBron on a regular basis, the Spur's are one of the worst teams at exploiting mismatches imo, the decisiveness or lack thereof in the post ups is just beyond frustrating.

crc21209
06-09-2014, 12:06 AM
Yup. I mentioned in another thread that down the stretch on the last couple of plays when Tony and Manu were playing hot potato or TP was trying to go 1 on 1 against LeBron Diaw was camped out in the corner with Allen just standing there guarding him. Even though Diaw had a sub-par game I would've liked to see Diaw get the ball there to creat something for himself or for someone else...

$pursDynasty
06-09-2014, 12:07 AM
I don't know about that, what I remember in game 1 was Ray Allen missing 3-4 wide open 3's banking on that is bad for business, especially on the road.

Malik Hairston
06-09-2014, 12:08 AM
I don't know about that, what I remember in game 1 was Ray Allen missing 3-4 wide open 3's banking on that is bad for business, especially on the road.

I'm talking about exploiting Allen on defense:lol..he can't move his feet and he gets lost all the time on defense..

bobcatfan4life
06-09-2014, 12:11 AM
Yea, the same way Miami exploits Belibitch.

apalisoc_9
06-09-2014, 12:17 AM
Pretty sure this is crystal clear on the court..

The PG has the option to do this all the time, but if the he thinks it`s better to go one on one against one of the best defender in the league why would you think they`d even talk about it as part of the plan for a game...

hommeaetage
06-09-2014, 12:28 AM
that's one of the things I've always been frustrated with the Spurs, they don't exploit mismatches. Ray is their version of Belinelli, yet he gets a free pass on defense because Pop refuses to attack him.

wildchild
06-09-2014, 01:17 AM
Spoelstra did the obvious move attacking Marco but Pop didn't exploit Harden on defense in regular season, sadly I don't expect he'll do it with Allen in the Finals.

Tuddy
06-09-2014, 03:44 AM
They'll go to it eventually, just like they'll start sagging off James & Wade and make em beat us with jumpers.

thekingrobert
06-09-2014, 03:57 AM
They'll go to it eventually, just like they'll start sagging off James & Wade and make em beat us with jumpers.

Wade has made 1 jumper this series maybe 2

Uriel
06-09-2014, 07:24 AM
The Spurs should hire OP as a consultant to Pop, tbh.

Agloco
06-09-2014, 08:47 AM
Kawhi should be posting any perimeter player from the Heat not named LeBron on a regular basis, the Spur's are one of the worst teams at exploiting mismatches imo, the decisiveness or lack thereof in the post ups is just beyond frustrating.

This couldn't be further from the truth. They were bad last night, but on the whole that's what they're good at.

Agloco
06-09-2014, 08:48 AM
Shades of last years finals tbh. I don't know how many times I screamed at the TV for Kwahi to get the ball with James on Parker. Its what he used to do at SDSU. Let him go to work in the post.

cd98
06-09-2014, 09:36 AM
Problem with Ray Allen is that Manu got in foul trouble early. He is the one guard that can abuse a bad defender consistently. The other guys, Marco, Danny Green, Patty Mills...they just can't score consistently.

TheGoldStandard
06-09-2014, 09:48 AM
The Spurs stopped getting the ball down low. Duncan was abusing them and then they fell in love with jump shots. The mismatch is down low.

UZER
06-09-2014, 09:59 AM
that's one of the things I've always been frustrated with the Spurs, they don't exploit mismatches. Ray is their version of Belinelli, yet he gets a free pass on defense because Pop refuses to attack him.

They did it all last series, that's how they won.

The problem with Miami is they get away with a lot of hacking and grabbing all the time in the paint. Guys helping just reach in and slap or grab and nothing is called. SA is gonna have to put there big boy pants on down low.

hommeaetage
06-09-2014, 05:09 PM
They did it all last series, that's how they won.

The problem with Miami is they get away with a lot of hacking and grabbing all the time in the paint. Guys helping just reach in and slap or grab and nothing is called. SA is gonna have to put there big boy pants on down low.

OKC got away with more bullshit and we still beat them. The Spurs need to man up and realize this is the finals

UZER
06-09-2014, 05:28 PM
OKC got away with more bullshit and we still beat them. The Spurs need to man up and realize this is the finals

Yup. No more soft stuff around the bucket.

therealtruth
06-09-2014, 06:02 PM

I think a big part of what helped us to win game 6 was attaching the mismatches. Same thing in game 5 of the Finals last year.

spurtech09
06-09-2014, 06:13 PM
OKC got away with more bullshit and we still beat them. The Spurs need to man up and realize this is the finalsI agree...I just hope this loss wakes up the spurs for game three....I believe the spurs can blowout Miami....